Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor. Full Story
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#15202 Nov 12, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the 15 cents per pizza that POS PapaJohn's guy is claiming will cause calamity?
What does a PJ's pizza cost,$15? So, 15 cents makes the difference in what? His employees being HEALTHY and EFFICIENT and not transmitting disease to customers or being stressed out from worry about health care or being sick and not showing up...now THAT is something to be concerned about.
Who knew that PapaJohn's was run by such a crass POS.
I actually have to agree with you on this one. In the long run, PapaJohn's will lose with this lousy decision, along with many employees.

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

#15203 Nov 12, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the 15 cents per pizza that POS PapaJohn's guy is claiming will cause calamity?

.15 cents is not the point... the point is we are already taxed enough!!!!

I commend Papa John's for standing up against these people who rob us blind to pay for free give-a-ways for others!!!

Where do we draw the line?

.15 cents here, a nickle there, a penny over there... doesn't take long for that little bit of nothing to add up to a whole lot of something!!!

www.HeavyFed.com

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

Eastland, TX

#15204 Nov 12, 2012
Instead of depending on scumbags like Papa John to pay your health care premiums, we need a single-payer system like the rest of the civilized world that provides health care for half as much as ours costs.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#15205 Nov 12, 2012
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually have to agree with you on this one. In the long run, PapaJohn's will lose with this lousy decision, along with many employees.
30 minutes ago hell froze over.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

#15206 Nov 12, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
What does a PJ's pizza cost,$15? So, 15 cents makes the difference in what? His employees being HEALTHY and EFFICIENT and not transmitting disease to customers or being stressed out from worry about health care or being sick and not showing up...now THAT is something to be concerned about.
Who knew that PapaJohn's was run by such a crass POS.
Are you really as stupid as you sound? Fifteen cents per pizza may not sound like much to you, and for the number of pizzas we each buy a year it isn't. To the company, it is not so simple. Either way, how many people can afford ANY increase in health premiums, especially those that are making minimum wage at best? Do you know anyone trying to live on minimum wage? With the price of groceries skyrocketing, the people who can least afford even a minimal increase are the ones most affected. God, you have no idea what it is like for poor families trying to survive, or formerly middle class families who are now homeless, or people without health insurance. Get your fkn head out of your trash hole vagina and stop with all the second hand propaganda. Go talk to some poor people who work instead of laying around waiting for their next obamagasm so they can spit out another welfare recipient. Then you are qualified to speak. Until then you are just another germ in a giant container of liberal vagina snot.

Eastland, TX

#15207 Nov 12, 2012
The poor people are quite conflicted. An extra 15 cents for my pizza or no health insurance? Which will it be?

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

#15208 Nov 12, 2012
Hezekiah wrote:
The poor people are quite conflicted. An extra 15 cents for my pizza or no health insurance? Which will it be?
You know that is not all it would be.

Obama typically says one thing... and does quite another.

Location hidden

#15209 Nov 12, 2012
Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really as stupid as you sound? Fifteen cents per pizza may not sound like much to you, and for the number of pizzas we each buy a year it isn't. To the company, it is not so simple. Either way, how many people can afford ANY increase in health premiums, especially those that are making minimum wage at best? Do you know anyone trying to live on minimum wage? With the price of groceries skyrocketing, the people who can least afford even a minimal increase are the ones most affected. God, you have no idea what it is like for poor families trying to survive, or formerly middle class families who are now homeless, or people without health insurance. Get your fkn head out of your trash hole vagina and stop with all the second hand propaganda. Go talk to some poor people who work instead of laying around waiting for their next obamagasm so they can spit out another welfare recipient. Then you are qualified to speak. Until then you are just another germ in a giant container of liberal vagina snot.
Hey you disgusting perverted Republiscum, 15 cents on a $15 pizza is NOTHING in comparison to covering your employees you filthy, maggot-infested gutter dweller.

The left understands the need for massive and immediate health care reform while the right sticks its collective fingers into its hairy nostrils and waits for God to take care of everything. Grow up.

Health care, both private and public will crush our economy which is why ObamaCare is so important. It is A START which Republiscum hate because, you know, it actually tries to do something about this enormous issue.

God you Republiscum are so stupid. Thank God Romney the Pathologically Lying Prostitute for Billionaires was sent packing. I will bet Ann the Misogynistic Pumpkinhead is still bawling her eyes out at not getting to be Queen of America.

Location hidden

#15210 Nov 12, 2012
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/money/jobs-and...

"John Schnatter, the president and CEO of Papa John's Pizza, has a net worth of about $350 million and was a Romney supporter who held secret fund-raisers on his sprawling mansion grounds.

He’s also a greedy jerk who, to get around paying for Obama’s Affordable Care Act, plans on cutting all his employee’s hours to below the mandated threshold so he doesn’t have to pay for it -- because it would cost him too much money.

How much money would it cost him exactly? About 14 cents per pizza.

Yes, 14 cents per pizza is the cost of health care for his employees so they can remain healthy and be more productive. This is nothing more than corporate greed at its worst.

And, unfortunately, Papa John’s is not alone. Applebee’s, Olive Garden, and Red Lobster have all jumped on this bus. Threatening to freeze full hirings and/or reduce employees to skirt the ACA regulations.

Now, bear in mind, that Papa John’s, Applebee’s, Olive Garden, and Red Lobster are not small businesses. Each of these companies make millions in profits each year and its workforce is amongst the lowest paid and hardest working in the country. And they care so little about the health and welfare of their employees that they would rather cut their already few low-paying hours than make sure that they are taken care of.

Now, this is America and they have the right to do with their businesses what they want, no matter how scummy it is.

But these businesses need to bear in mind that they are not the only pizza joints, seafood places, and Iitalian restaurants in the country. A loss of business, any loss of business, will hurt them greatly and, in Papa John’s case, will cost him much more than 14 cents per pizza in the end.

It's time for the people of America to stand up against these corporate misers who think that their workforce is nothing.

I for one will not be eating at any of these places from this moment forward. And I would ask the same of you also until they state that they will not reduce thier workforce and hours.

This is America and as Americans it's time that we start standing up for our fellow countrymen and begin to teach BIG BUSINESS that they are nothing without us."

Americans could easily stand to avoid all of these 'restaurants' for the next four years...at least. Who the heck goes to the Olive Garden or Red Lobster?

That's just sad.

But I don't know that.

#15211 Nov 12, 2012
Hezekiah wrote:
Do any of you idiots even know anyone who has lost their home or who had to go apply for Medicaid for their kids and get turned down because they fall just outside the limit? Do you even know any kids who cant go to the doctor because they dont have insurance and their parents have no money? For all you guys liberal jizz pouring from your mouths about evil rich people you seem to have little or no knowledge of or compassion for the people the liberals are supposed to think the conservatives are holding down. Have you ever looked to see people who have four kids by three dads, collect child support from all three, get every government benefit possible but live in a beautiful home in an upscale neighborhood and drive a $60k vehicle? Do you know even one illegal family with a kid on Medicaid who costs us $16k a month just for private nursing,(that doesnt include medical equipment, supplies, meds, therapies, doctor visits, and ambulance rides for everywhere they have to go and SSI because the baby is considered disabled) yet they keep having kids even though the three they have were all premature? Do you know one mother in the ghetto who has six kids and all the benefits that come with them yet she is never home, and the kids have no food? Do you even see any of the abuse of the system that us evil rich people are tired of paying for?
Waco 1909

Bryan, TX

#15212 Nov 13, 2012
<quoted text>
Do any of you idiots even know anyone who has lost their home or who had to go apply for Medicaid for their kids and get turned down because they fall just outside the limit? Do you even know any kids who cant go to the doctor because they dont have insurance and their parents have no money? For all you guys liberal jizz pouring from your mouths about evil rich people you seem to have little or no knowledge of or compassion for the people the liberals are supposed to think the conservatives are holding down. Have you ever looked to see people who have four kids by three dads, collector child support from all three, get every government benefit possible but live in a beautiful home in an upscale neighborhood and drive a $60k vehicle? Do you know even one illegal family with a kid on Medicaid who costs us $16k a month just for private nursing,(that doesnt include medical equipment, supplies, meds, therapies, doctor visits, and ambulance rides for everywhere they have to go and SSI because the baby is considered disabled) yet they keep having kids even though the three they have were all premature? Do you know one mother in the ghetto who has six kids and all the benefits that come with them yet she is never home, and the kids have no food? Do you even see any of the abuse of the system that us evil rich people are tired of paying for?
I know a woman who died because she had a need for a heart operation..a valve...who worked two jobs...to support her kids...a very sweet person, who always gave, never took.Your argument is not without some merit...I'm not blind...but I have seen the worst, and i've seen the best...so are you rich? That woman..neither job provided any insurance...Maybe, if I were wealthy, I'd feel threatened as well.How did I wind up under a bridge at 44, after working full time from the age of fourteen? An unusual story, that.So I saw them all, the cheaters and the parasites and the ones who really needed help...and the ones who needed help..but didn't qualify. The working poor.They are legion,

De Leon, TX

#15213 Nov 13, 2012
<quoted text>
Do any of you idiots even know anyone who has lost their home or who had to go apply for Medicaid for their kids and get turned down because they fall just outside the limit? Do you even know any kids who cant go to the doctor because they dont have insurance and their parents have no money? For all you guys liberal jizz pouring from your mouths about evil rich people you seem to have little or no knowledge of or compassion for the people the liberals are supposed to think the conservatives are holding down. Have you ever looked to see people who have four kids by three dads, collect child support from all three, get every government benefit possible but live in a beautiful home in an upscale neighborhood and drive a $60k vehicle? Do you know even one illegal family with a kid on Medicaid who costs us $16k a month just for private nursing,(that doesnt include medical equipment, supplies, meds, therapies, doctor visits, and ambulance rides for everywhere they have to go and SSI because the baby is considered disabled) yet they keep having kids even though the three they have were all premature? Do you know one mother in the ghetto who has six kids and all the benefits that come with them yet she is never home, and the kids have no food? Do you even see any of the abuse of the system that us evil rich people are tired of paying for?
Bullshit. You're not rich. You don't know any people like that.

De Leon, TX

#15215 Nov 13, 2012
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that is not all it would be.
Obama typically says one thing... and does quite another.
No he doesn't. Be specific.
kimmel

San Antonio, TX

#15216 Nov 13, 2012
Why should a business owner be forced to provide healthcare to its employees? If they need insurance that's what Medicaid is for you liberal idiot!
kimmel

San Antonio, TX

#15217 Nov 13, 2012
Texas needs to secede from this Damn union! We don't need the U.S. and its corruption anymore!
Therealnews com

Islip, NY

#15218 Nov 13, 2012
kimmel wrote:
Texas needs to secede from this Damn union! We don't need the U.S. and its corruption anymore!
The President’s Opening Bid on a Grand Bargain: Aim High
By Robert Reich / November 12, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/aevft55
I hope the President starts negotiations over a “grand bargain” for deficit reduction by aiming high. After all, he won the election. And if the past four years has proven anything it’s that the White House should not begin with a compromise.

Assuming the goal is $4 trillion of deficit reduction over the next decade (that’s the consensus of the Simpson-Bowles commission, the Congressional Budget Office, and most independent analysts), here’s what the President should propose:
First, raise taxes on the rich – and by more than the highest marginal rate under Bill Clinton or even a 30 percent (so-called Buffett Rule) minimum rate on millionaires. Remember: America’s top earners are now wealthier than they’ve ever been, and they’re taking home a larger share of total income and wealth than top earners have received in over 80 years.

Why not go back sixty years when Americans earning over $1 million in today’s dollars paid 55.2 percent of it in income taxes, after taking all deductions and credits? If they were taxed at that rate now, they’d pay at least $80 billion more annually — which would reduce the budget deficit by about $1 trillion over the next decade. That’s a quarter of the $4 trillion in deficit reduction right there.

A 2% surtax on the wealth of the richest one-half of 1 percent would bring in another $750 billion over the decade. A one-half of 1 percent tax on financial transactions would bring in an additional $250 billion.

Add this up and we get $2 trillion over ten years — half of the deficit-reduction goal.
Raise the capital gains rate to match the rate on ordinary income and cap the mortgage interest deduction at $12,000 a year, and that’s another $1 trillion over ten years. So now we’re up to $3 trillion in additional revenue.

Eliminate special tax preferences for oil and gas, price supports for big agriculture, tax breaks and research subsidies for Big Pharma, unnecessary weapons systems for military contractors, and indirect subsidies to the biggest banks on Wall Street, and we’re nearly there.

End the Bush tax cuts on incomes between $250,000 and $1 million, and — bingo — we made it:$4 trillion over 10 years.

And we haven’t had to raise taxes on America’s beleaguered middle class, cut Social Security or Medicare and Medicaid, reduce spending on education or infrastructure, or cut programs for the poor.
Mr. President, I’d recommend this as your opening bid. With enough luck and pluck, maybe even your closing bid. And if enough Americans are behind you, it could even be the final deal./ http://robertreich.org/post/35591032374

Sanders: Going Over 'Fiscal Cliff' Better than Bad Tax Deal
Senator says new Congress could recover 'in the first month or two'
November 12, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/a4vxhsj
Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., said Monday that if the lame-duck Congress can't agree on a tax deal by the end of the year, briefly going over the "fiscal cliff" is preferable to accepting a bad deal.
“Is it better to deal with this issue in the next session rather than accept a bad agreement in this session?” Sanders said during a press conference at his Burlington office. "Yes, it is.”/ http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/11/...
Waco 1909

Bryan, TX

#15219 Nov 13, 2012
kimmel wrote:
Texas.Trillion dollar economy.Still the largest domestic supplier of oil and gas in the United States of America.Second or third largest port in America in Houston.Has twenty five per cent of all American refining capability.Major supplier of beef, produce, timber and fish.You think the United States of America is giving up its cash cow?
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#15220 Nov 13, 2012
kimmel you are an idiot secede, and see how fast Mexico and its drug cartels swallow us up. I would take up arms and fight, you on the other hand would more than likely just hide under the bed. Obama may not be the most honest man in the country, but he is more honest than Romney. One of these days all you smart folks are going to figure out ALL POLITITIONS LIE; it's what they do, and most of them are real good at it. As to companies reducing their employees hours to avoid health care. The healthcare act and Obama aren't the reason. GREED is the reason. When is enough enough? Wealth is kind of like drinking sea water, you can't drink enough to quench your thirst. The more you drink, the more you need or want. And millionaires and billionaires are kind of like hogs, they never get enough; the more they get the more they want, and they will never lift their heads out of the trough.

But I don't know that.

#15221 Nov 13, 2012
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I know a woman who died because she had a need for a heart operation..a valve...who worked two jobs...to support her kids...a very sweet person, who always gave, never took.Your argument is not without some merit...I'm not blind...but I have seen the worst, and i've seen the best...so are you rich? That woman..neither job provided any insurance...Maybe, if I were wealthy, I'd feel threatened as well.How did I wind up under a bridge at 44, after working full time from the age of fourteen? An unusual story, that.So I saw them all, the cheaters and the parasites and the ones who really needed help...and the ones who needed help..but didn't qualify. The working poor.They are legion,
I am far from rich. We are probably right in the middle of middle class for now, but I have known people who have lost their homes and know many people who go without basic health care, including children. I know people who abuse the system. I just dont think socialism is the answer.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#15222 Nov 13, 2012
Glad you said that you've known people who have lost their homes, and have no health care, and not that you have friends in those situations. Because with a friend like you they damn sure don't need any enemies. I also hope you never get in that position yourself, but if you do; you might just rethink your position. No one who is willing to work should have to live under a bridge, be unable to take their child to a doctor, or die due to a lack of insurance. If I must pay a little more, so be it. But then I am not a wealthy hog who just can't get enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lone Star Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Cowboy Jims (Dec '09) Sep '14 brentonsmommy 11
Jerry Richardson Aug '14 CounselorJoe 2
Arts digest: Sign up now for Chalk the Block Aug '14 Gasman 2
Is Hubert Hajek dead? (Apr '09) Aug '14 Your Ghost 6
Texas Restaurant Tells Gay Couple They "Don't S... (May '14) Jul '14 inquisitor 25
Lone Star Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lone Star People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lone Star News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lone Star

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM