Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Comments (Page 683)

Showing posts 13,641 - 13,660 of21,137
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

What wrote:
Were still waiting on Texas to secede, filthy swine will vote for a Ripofflican and keep texas the butt of all jokes. In a way its good cause alot more krackers are falling to poverty hahahhhahjajjajajjajajaj and their losing their homes hahahhaha jajajjajajajajjaj cant wait til the O goes Waco on texas.
There are a lot of dems in Texas.I can't vote for Romney.Unfortunately looks like Romney is going to win.No matter what happens, Texas, with its warring democrats and republicans, will abide.The earth will spin, the sun will come up.Then will come the offyear elections....

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

NRH....DEFIANT.....good luck boys.....although we go in different directions I don't doubt your hearts.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obummer has had four years to fix the economy. All of a sudden things are getting better just before the election?. I don't buy it, nor does the
public.
Did you see that California "accidentally" forgot to file the states unemployment numbers, resulting on the "miraculous" drop in unemployment that Oblamo and his cronies are patting themselves on the back over?
How convenient. And the media doesn't investigate that or the Libya cover-up or any of the other stories that a legitimate press would salivate over.
Expect more media collusion and a "surprise" revelation right before the election in an attempt to sway voters for their messiah.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
RomneyRecord:
47th in job creation
1st in debt creation
66% disapproval rating
ObamaRecord:
30 months of job creation, nearly a million more a month than Bush
ended Bush's recession in 6 months
wound down Iraq, winding down Afghanistan
stock market fully recovered from Bush financial disaster
ObamaCare covering tens of millions more Americans, saving Medicare, cutting costs, cutting waste fraud and abuse
etc.
Where the Debt Comes From:
Bush tax cuts on the nation's credit card
Bush wars on the nation's credit card
Bush's Great Recession's lost revenue and increased unemployment and stimulus costs for recovery
That's it.
Where the Debt Started:
Ronnie Alzheimer Boy Reagan turned the USA from the world's largest creditor into the world's largest debtor.
Bush did the same thing on steroids. Gore would have paid off the national debt by 2010-11.
Romney promises to do ZERO to create jobs. ZERO to help the economy. PLENTY to cut his own taxes to ZERO and screw the middle class out of health care and jobs.
Romney also promises to spend $2 Trillion waging war on Russia to fulfill the White Horse Prophecy the Mormon takeover of the USA.
If republicans are to blame for all of our nations debt, then why has Oblamo created more debt than almost every other president combined?
Your willful blindness to the facts is staggering.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

What wrote:
Were still waiting on Texas to secede, filthy swine will vote for a Ripofflican and keep texas the butt of all jokes. In a way its good cause alot more krackers are falling to poverty hahahhhahjajjajajjajajaj and their losing their homes hahahhaha jajajjajajajajjaj cant wait til the O goes Waco on texas.
Suxtroll, quit using other screen names in a pathetic attempt to make your views seem more wide spread and accepted. You are a one of a kind troll, or troll collective. Either way, you are unique.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
NRH....DEFIANT.....good luck boys.....although we go in different directions I don't doubt your hearts.
You to Waco.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Have you ever slid down a hill? Once you start sliding it's hard to stop, even when someone steps in to help you. They are going to go down hill with you for a ways. Shrub and the Republicans started two wars, actually one as we went to Afghanistan looking for binLaden after 911. Iraq well that is another thing. The Shrubs personal vendetta against Hussein. Clinton left a record budget surpluss which Shrub turned into a then record deficite. Face this fact NRH the Shrub and the Republicans had eight years to screw up the economy and everything else, now after less than four years you expect Obama to stop the slide and completely repare the entire Nation and its economy: Not a reasonable expectation! Example I take amirror and break it into pieces, that takes only a couple of seconds, do you think you can fix that mirror in less time than I took to break it? Of course you can't; not a reasonable expectation. But typical of the Republican mentality, I must do that which they can not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Texan wrote:
Have you ever slid down a hill? Once you start sliding it's hard to stop, even when someone steps in to help you. They are going to go down hill with you for a ways. Shrub and the Republicans started two wars, actually one as we went to Afghanistan looking for binLaden after 911. Iraq well that is another thing. The Shrubs personal vendetta against Hussein. Clinton left a record budget surpluss which Shrub turned into a then record deficite. Face this fact NRH the Shrub and the Republicans had eight years to screw up the economy and everything else, now after less than four years you expect Obama to stop the slide and completely repare the entire Nation and its economy: Not a reasonable expectation! Example I take amirror and break it into pieces, that takes only a couple of seconds, do you think you can fix that mirror in less time than I took to break it? Of course you can't; not a reasonable expectation. But typical of the Republican mentality, I must do that which they can not.
So let me ask you something. When you are in a hole, and you want to get out, do you just keep digging downward, hoping to somehow go up? How is going deeper into debt fixing our country, when our national debt is one of our greatest problems?
I dont know about you, but Im not rich. I cant afford everything I want. And when I am spending more than I make, eventually, I have to make an adjustment. Either I make more money or I spend less. I just cant keep piling on more debt. Eventually, I will have to pay for it. Why do democrats think our country is any different. That somehow our 16 TRILLION dollar debt doesnt matter, and adding 4 TRILLION more in Obama's plan for the next 4 years isnt a big deal?
If you want to be insulting, then I can be to. If wanting to be fiscally responsible (paying down the debt, reducing taxes and spending less, is "typical of Republican mentality", then wild spending, increasing taxes, class warfare, promoting victim mentality and buying votes with welfare is "typical Democrat mentality". Our children will be lucky if the US isnt bankrupt and owned by our creditors. Heck, we might see it in our lifetimes if Obama keeps spending 1 trillion a year in debt.
And two more things. As far as Debt spending goes, Bush did a horrible job. I disagree with him on that 100%. But how long are you going to keep blaming him for all our problems? Sooner or later, Obama has to do something other than blaming everyone else for his failings.
And another thing. Clinton had a surplus, true, but only because he had a Republican controlled congress who cut welfare and overall govt spending, plus a booming economy (with lower taxes) which provided higher tax revenue. Clinton fought welfare reform, but was smart enough to take credit for it when it worked.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

That hole is a mine (the economy) it caves in, the miners (middle class) are trapped: I would hope someone would keep digging. The other alternitive being the mine owners (Republicans) say it will just cost too much to get them out. Oh well give me more, the other miners (middle class) can make up for it. Fiscal responsability is paying down the debt and cutting spending. Cutting taxes is not. How do we pay for the obligations we have? Oh that's right we let the middle class take care of it. Which brings us to class warfare, or trickle down, voodoo economics; give us more and there will be more of our scraps for you to get by on. And we will blame the Shrub untill the problems he created go away. And isn't it wonderful that you give credit to the Republicans for Clintons surplus, it's amazing how it all disappeared the instant he left the White House, and the REPUBLICANS took over, how do they fix everything with an incompatent Democrat in charge then when they get control it all goes away? You can not have it both ways NRH. The Republicans screwed it up and just because Obama hasn't fixed it yet you want us to give it back to the
Republicans. WRONG,WRONG, WRONG! Insanity is trying what got us in this mess in the first place and expecting a different result. You Republicans created this mess, I for one don't want you to finish the job.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Texan wrote:
That hole is a mine (the economy) it caves in, the miners (middle class) are trapped: I would hope someone would keep digging. The other alternitive being the mine owners (Republicans) say it will just cost too much to get them out. Oh well give me more, the other miners (middle class) can make up for it. Fiscal responsability is paying down the debt and cutting spending. Cutting taxes is not. How do we pay for the obligations we have? Oh that's right we let the middle class take care of it. Which brings us to class warfare, or trickle down, voodoo economics; give us more and there will be more of our scraps for you to get by on. And we will blame the Shrub untill the problems he created go away. And isn't it wonderful that you give credit to the Republicans for Clintons surplus, it's amazing how it all disappeared the instant he left the White House, and the REPUBLICANS took over, how do they fix everything with an incompatent Democrat in charge then when they get control it all goes away? You can not have it both ways NRH. The Republicans screwed it up and just because Obama hasn't fixed it yet you want us to give it back to the
Republicans. WRONG,WRONG, WRONG! Insanity is trying what got us in this mess in the first place and expecting a different result. You Republicans created this mess, I for one don't want you to finish the job.
So your answer is more taxes? More govt control of our lives and our economies?
Bush had a democrat controlled congress to deal with for the majority of his term.
Obama hasn't fixed anything yet, because he can't. He spent his first two years with complete control if both houses of congress he could have passed any legislation he wanted, anything. What did he get done? ObamaCare, and he had to rush to get that done before the congressional elections and the likelihood that he would lose control. Two years, and that's it? Really? Wait, I forgot the 'stimulus' bill, and a lot of golf and rubbing elbows with Hollywood types.
Bushbullit

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Listen to bushbullit
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Good luck Waco. I think we will all need it, no matter which way it goes.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

What wrote:
Make sure that you kill the goose that lays the golden egg. Who is going to be able to feed your dumb ass when the whole economy is destroyed?.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

I like this!!!!

Listen my friends
And you will see,
What King Obama
Has done to you and me.

On January twentieth
Two thousand and nine,
He took control
We started our decline.

With record unemployment
And people forlorn,
Our tax money spent
Poverty the Norm.

With free phones for some
And EBT cards too,
The lazy ones come
Freebies from me and you.

On November the sixth
Two thousand and twelve,
You must go vote
Or we are going to hell.

The country deserves better
Than the King and Moochele,
America must survive
And ring the liberty bell.

John D. USN 71-77
Real change we can believe in--R&R on Nov. 6 !!!
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Has anybody else noticed how the right wing comments can be all added together and we reach what scientist in Physics have been trying to achieve for over a century and still cannot achieve it. Where in as our right wingers do it every day. They obtain absolute zero. Take all their comments and place them under an electron microscope and observe them from every possible angle and we observe an eternal void within an eternal void.
Ever wonder why and how money is flowing to Obama and the Federal coffers? Romney needs to be careful now. Softly back pedaling.. Bain is on the list.
Whistle-Blower Lawyers Throw Support Behind Obama
By ERIC LIPTON
Published: October 1, 2012
By ERIC LIPTON
Attorneys who represent whistle-blowers have made millions as the Obama administration cracks down on corporate fraud, and are now donating heavily to the president's re-election campaign.
The single biggest fund-raiser is John Morgan, a Florida-based lawyer. He has collected more than $1.7 million for Mr. Obama’s re-election or for the Democratic National Committee, making him one of the campaign’s biggest bundlers nationwide. He has also raised money for Elizabeth Warren, the Massachusetts Democrat running for the United States Senate. Ms. Warren served as interim head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, also created as part of the Dodd-Frank law.
Mr. Morgan, in an interview, said his support for Mr. Obama and Ms. Warren was entirely motivated by his admiration for their leadership in Washington. But his fund-raising blitz occurred just as he was expanding his personal injury and trial law practice into the whistle-blower field, with a television advertising campaign and new Web site, named whistle-blower-attorneys.com .
“America is full of crooks who are defrauding the government and investors every day,” Mr. Morgan said.“We are talking about billions of dollars in ill-gotten gains. We win one case and it will pay for our entire national advertising budget.”
Romney and all republicans seek to stop Obama from exposing their corruptions. While their fines go to the Fed and the gratitude of our citizens goes to Obama. Doing as he said. Holding their feet to the fire!
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

NHR is exposing his ignorance once again. No research other than his toilets tabloids readings. Just more lies from this cracked pot head.
This $16 Trillion debt that republicans keep trying to say its Obama’s is false from day one when Governor Perry first proposed it. Just another propganda lie of the republicans. Our friends at PolitiFact Wisconsin recently rated as False a claim by U.S. Rep. Reid Ribble, R-Wis., that Obama had built "this $16 trillion debt." After that, PolitiFact Ohio rated as False a statement by House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, that the president "went on a stimulus-fueled spending binge that stuck every American man, woman, and child with a $50,000 share of this $16 trillion national debt." Both entities said the debt had grown to $16 trillion not just because of Obama's actions, but also due to actions taken by present and past presidents and Congresses.

Our rating False

We read Perry’s two-handed tweet as saying Obama has added $16 trillion to the national debt.

But nearly two thirds of that unprecedented total accumulated before Obama became president. To be fair, too, changes in the debt cannot be laid on any president alone. Actions by members of both parties, over years, helped build the debt.

We rate Perry’s statement as False.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

……. Cronyism Welfare…. Fair Game?…..
Regulations, Regulation. Is What Strikes fear in the corrupt and criminal.
Republicans see us on the Brink as democrat see opportunity.
Could this explain why, there is such a diverse view of the same equation? Republicans see a dwindling ability to extract social welfare payments from the bottom of the Pyramid scheme’s they have designed. Democrats’ see opportunity for our society by cutting welfare payments to the elitist and returning the Pyramid back to its proper position.

It’s one thing to win in a fair game. Quite another when rules of game are written in such a manner enhancing one’s prospects of winning. Imagine now you can choose the referee’s. Regulatory agencies such as Federal Communications {FCC} telecom. Exchange Commission {SEC} securities. Banking have their Federal Reserves. Political influence to get people appointed to the regulatory agencies who are beneficial to the politician’s desires.

Banker’ hired lobbyist to restrain any restrictive regulation to be imposed upon them. Expenditures were high enough to have each political representative, to be lobbied to the tune of $2.5 million! Banker’s seek to appoint those individuals that have been “captured”. Remaining candidates to be vetoed.
Monopolies whether government granted or “sanctioned through inadequate enforcement, have built fortunes of many of the wealthiest people. They merely have the government hand over the wealth.
Gifts are hidden in provisions of legislation. Derivative market is above reproach that no regulator can hold them accountable.“Seniority” infused within their infrastructures’ of laws, makes any losses paid first, before workers, creditors and suppliers get to receive any payments. Even if it were to go into bankruptcy. A major contributor to the 2008-2009 disaster. AIG gets $150 Billion from bailout in such a scenario.
Another way banker’s protect themselves is to have easy access to unlimited funds from the Federal Reserve at near zero interest rates. Banks can then lend the money back to the government or a foreign government. Multibillions are then transferred to what will produce a profitable return.
Another way is with vast natural resources,{oil, gas, coal, mining concessions}. Government allows free extraction or a fraction of its cost to the investor. Investors are receiving resource for free. Example. Value is$100 Billion and a payment of $5 Billion is all that is required, extractor receives $95 Billion. This is practiced in some of the third world countries as well. Progress to its society is slow, stagnated and or degrading to its social evolution. Politicians are rewarded to maintain the status quo or even accelerate the abuse of the poverty it produces.
Auctioning has been proven affective to promote greater competition. Return on profits to government increases for distribution back to the social infrastructure. This however is more the exception than the norm.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Gawd Dam Foreskin. Almost a whole page of spam this time?.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
NHR is exposing his ignorance once again. No research other than his toilets tabloids readings. Just more lies from this cracked pot head.
This $16 Trillion debt that republicans keep trying to say its Obama’s is false from day one when Governor Perry first proposed it. Just another propganda lie of the republicans. Our friends at PolitiFact Wisconsin recently rated as False a claim by U.S. Rep. Reid Ribble, R-Wis., that Obama had built "this $16 trillion debt." After that, PolitiFact Ohio rated as False a statement by House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, that the president "went on a stimulus-fueled spending binge that stuck every American man, woman, and child with a $50,000 share of this $16 trillion national debt." Both entities said the debt had grown to $16 trillion not just because of Obama's actions, but also due to actions taken by present and past presidents and Congresses.
Our rating False
We read Perry’s two-handed tweet as saying Obama has added $16 trillion to the national debt.
But nearly two thirds of that unprecedented total accumulated before Obama became president. To be fair, too, changes in the debt cannot be laid on any president alone. Actions by members of both parties, over years, helped build the debt.
We rate Perry’s statement as False.
Simple questions and simple answers.
What was the debt when Obama took office?
Answer, 10.6 trillion.
What is the debt now?
Answer, 16.1 trillion
How much did Bush add in 8 years?
About 5 trillion
How much has Obama added in less than 4 years?
5.5 trillion
How much does the CBO estimate Obamas plan will add the debt in the next 4 years?
Another 4 trillion for a total of over 20 trillion in debt!!!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see that California "accidentally" forgot to file the states unemployment numbers, resulting on the "miraculous" drop in unemployment that Oblamo and his cronies are patting themselves on the back over?
How convenient. And the media doesn't investigate that or the Libya cover-up or any of the other stories that a legitimate press would salivate over.
Expect more media collusion and a "surprise" revelation right before the election in an attempt to sway voters for their messiah.
Yes there is a huge cover up of the mortgage disaster and subsequent giveaways to Wall Street Banksters by Republiscums.

There is also a massive cover up of why Bush failed failed FAILED to go after OBL 6 months after 911. Why did Bush stand down? Why was his father lunching with the bin Ladens on 911?

There is also the serious massive coverup of no-WMDs in Iraq, the crappola that Colin Powell told to the UN and the utter lack of criminal investigations of the entire Bush administration from Bumya Bush to Sick Dick Cheney to Rummie and Rice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 13,641 - 13,660 of21,137
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Lone Star Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lone Star Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••