Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 23265 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

“Free to be me and you!”

Since: Aug 14

Tampa, FL

#24702 Aug 14, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>There are a large number of gay people who have had children, while trying to live a heterosexual lifestyle. People are born gay, but they are not born racist, children almost always have to be taught racism. There may be cases of incest that makes children more prone to ignorance, but it usually is taught in the homes of "--------" trash (insert whatever race or color you want there). Hate is a learned behavior, and it saddens me that you tell people you are a Texan.
Just dropping by. That is the reason my children don't hate. Nurses without empathy for everybody is not really Human! JMHO! Hate really is a learned behavior......that I "unlearned" eventually. Those Christian racist are FOS! They will be going to hell for their hate. Seeya!
Don Parsley

El Paso, TX

#24703 Aug 14, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Just dropping by. That is the reason my children don't hate. Nurses without empathy for everybody is not really Human! JMHO! Hate really is a learned behavior......that I "unlearned" eventually. Those Christian racist are FOS! They will be going to hell for their hate. Seeya!
Hopefully the day will soon come when all gay people, regardless of their skin color, can take their place at the table. We need to give them a vote of confidence so they can keep their heads held high.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24704 Aug 14, 2014
Don Parsley wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully the day will soon come when all gay people, regardless of their skin color, can take their place at the table. We need to give them a vote of confidence so they can keep their heads held high.
Take their place at what table?. If it's a table where tube steak smothered in skivvies is served, they can find their own damn table.
Don Parsley

El Paso, TX

#24705 Aug 14, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Take their place at what table?. If it's a table where tube steak smothered in skivvies is served, they can find their own damn table.
The table of polite discourse and civilized conversation. Such roundtables exist informally all across the nation and they are vital to public policy decisions and also where societal mores are formed. Over the years, we've allowed minorities of all kinds to sit down and engage in rhetoric and now it's time for us to extend the same courtesy to gays. I don't believe in judging a man until I get to know him and conversing over a plate of pasta or having a coffee and biscotti together is a great way.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24706 Aug 14, 2014
Don Parsley wrote:
<quoted text>
The table of polite discourse and civilized conversation. Such roundtables exist informally all across the nation and they are vital to public policy decisions and also where societal mores are formed. Over the years, we've allowed minorities of all kinds to sit down and engage in rhetoric and now it's time for us to extend the same courtesy to gays. I don't believe in judging a man until I get to know him and conversing over a plate of pasta or having a coffee and biscotti together is a great way.
Sounds like you need to get a life.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#24708 Aug 15, 2014
David Villanueva wrote:
<quoted text>
"Therefore, as Godís chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." (Colossians 3:12)
Within your own country, tribe and people. We are not global, by God. We were separated by God, joined by rich men for profit.
Why do you think foreigners should become Americans? Don't you care about the country you steal from? We have to shut the gates, to remain American. Plus, I really hate paying taxes to support people who don't belong here and won't leave.
David Villanueva

El Paso, TX

#24709 Aug 15, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Within your own country, tribe and people. We are not global, by God. We were separated by God, joined by rich men for profit.
Why do you think foreigners should become Americans? Don't you care about the country you steal from? We have to shut the gates, to remain American. Plus, I really hate paying taxes to support people who don't belong here and won't leave.
I agree with all of your policy positions and principles.

I also think people of faith need to apply said principles with compassion and love. Requiring people to follow the law is a good thing but calling them names and demeaning them while doing so is not a Christian attitude.
LLW

Grapeland, TX

#24710 Aug 15, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hating is not what sends one to hell. Being a Christian does not make anyone perfect. Studying God's Word will convict one of the hurtful things they do. 90% of the people going to church are not saved. Really! If one does not know God but only knows about God they are not a Christian. One can not truly love anyone without God. We are all sinners but if we confess and ask Jesus he will forgive us and change our hearts. Going to church will not save anyone. We are saved by Grace not by what we do, you just don't have the desire for the bad things of this world.
As far as sin I go by what God says is sin. You can still love a person but hate the sin. Hating sin does not make one a bad person. Don't judge God by what you hear but study the Bible and you will learn about God's amazing love for everyone. God does not turn away from us but gives us free choice to choose Him or the evil one, Satan. John 3:16

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#24711 Aug 15, 2014
LLW wrote:
<quoted text>
Hating is not what sends one to hell. Being a Christian does not make anyone perfect. Studying God's Word will convict one of the hurtful things they do. 90% of the people going to church are not saved. Really! If one does not know God but only knows about God they are not a Christian. One can not truly love anyone without God. We are all sinners but if we confess and ask Jesus he will forgive us and change our hearts. Going to church will not save anyone. We are saved by Grace not by what we do, you just don't have the desire for the bad things of this world.
As far as sin I go by what God says is sin. You can still love a person but hate the sin. Hating sin does not make one a bad person. Don't judge God by what you hear but study the Bible and you will learn about God's amazing love for everyone. God does not turn away from us but gives us free choice to choose Him or the evil one, Satan. John 3:16
If I don't believe in God or Satan. Humanist think faith based belief is BS! AGAIN.......I say.......nurses should be above hate. Humanist love all humans......."sin" is what yo call sin. My mores are different as Humanist are usually.
lol

Huntsville, TX

#24712 Aug 15, 2014
Perry was indicted this afternoon. Looks like Texas may win after all
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24713 Aug 15, 2014
lol wrote:
Perry was indicted this afternoon. Looks like Texas may win after all
Texas may win what exactly?. Please elaborate.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24714 Aug 15, 2014
David Villanueva wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with all of your policy positions and principles.
I also think people of faith need to apply said principles with compassion and love. Requiring people to follow the law is a good thing but calling them names and demeaning them while doing so is not a Christian attitude.
Well, I don't have a Christian attitude, but I think ILLEGAL invaders need to go home.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24715 Aug 15, 2014
Here is what I think of religion and how it is distorted to suit individual agendas.

LLW

Grapeland, TX

#24716 Aug 15, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
<quoted text>If I don't believe in God or Satan. Humanist think faith based belief is BS! AGAIN.......I say.......nurses should be above hate. Humanist love all humans......."sin" is what yo call sin. My mores are different as Humanist are usually.
One ? If you die tonight where will you go?
What if you are wrong? About there not being a God or a Satan?
You might want to watch the movie GOD Is Not DEAD
How can you judge right from wrong if there are no rules set by somebody? How can you say someone is bad, what is bad?
Do I hear some hate to your tone?

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#24717 Aug 16, 2014
LLW wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all sinners. Jesus created a Sacrament to confess these sins. Have you confessed yours?

Whatever sins you forgive or forgiven in heaven, whatever are retained or retained in heaven.
SAN ANTO

Houston, TX

#24718 Aug 16, 2014
WELL PERRY LOVERS THERE IT IS 2 COUNTS OF ABUSE OF POWER INDICTED. THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WHEN YOU WANNA HAVE A DICTATOSHIP IN TEXAS LETS GET NEW FRESH BLOOD IN THE CAPITOL ENOUGH OF THESE OLD WEASELS
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24721 Aug 16, 2014
SAN ANTO wrote:
WELL PERRY LOVERS THERE IT IS 2 COUNTS OF ABUSE OF POWER INDICTED. THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WHEN YOU WANNA HAVE A DICTATOSHIP IN TEXAS LETS GET NEW FRESH BLOOD IN THE CAPITOL ENOUGH OF THESE OLD WEASELS
How and in what way has Perry been a dictator?. I guess I just haven't been paying attention and need someone as enlightened as you to bring me up to date.

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#24722 Aug 16, 2014
LLW wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone asked David Copperfield." Who is the greatest allusionist Ever?". Jesus Christ was his answer. I will die in peace when that day comes. I live by the Golden Rule of life.
I thought we were talking about Govenor Perry here..........he is in deep sheet!!!!!! I saw him on the news this morning. Redneck loser! Lololol

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#24723 Aug 16, 2014
LLW wrote:
<quoted text>
One ? If you die tonight where will you go?
What if you are wrong? About there not being a God or a Satan?
You might want to watch the movie GOD Is Not DEAD
How can you judge right from wrong if there are no rules set by somebody? How can you say someone is bad, what is bad?
Do I hear some hate to your tone?
No hate here honey child. I read and watch real history. God is a fiction in my world. I can't change your mind........nor can you change mine on this issue. If I am wrong......hell will be a great place for a family reunion. Especially the Tea Party relatives of mine. Lol

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#24724 Aug 16, 2014
SAN ANTO wrote:
Vote BLUE in November. It is over for the Tea Party.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lone Star Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 17 District farts 977
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 15 More farts 790
News City of El Paso has no rape kits backlogged, TX... (Aug '13) Aug 11 Too farts 3
News Highlights from around the Capitol Jul '15 Fart news 10
Sisters Bistro mt pleasant Texas Jul '15 Todd 1
Liepman Restaurants/ DBA Dairy Queen (May '12) May '15 Bad Ice 8
News Texas State Medical Board disciplines ETX doctor (Jan '13) May '15 The Ace of Spades 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lone Star Mortgages