Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor. Full Story

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#23235 Jun 9, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>I did not realize you were Jewish. The fact that you are Jewish and adhere to Jewish teachings and laws should make you a little more sympathetic to people who are different than you. Nothing you write has anything to do with the teachings of Jesus but since you're not a Christian the conversation with you is pointless. We are from 2 different religions but I do have Jewish ancestors who were German .
Hey, FU! I'm not a Jew, no more than you are white - which, you aren't.
Don't you call me a Jew!
frank

Hondo, TX

#23236 Jun 9, 2014
go dems
fubar

Garden Grove, CA

#23237 Jun 9, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, FU! I'm not a Jew, no more than you are white - which, you aren't.
Don't you call me a Jew!
You are using Jewish law and scripture to support your hateful positions and not Christ's teachings. How do you justify advocating rape? That is not even in the old testament. You should not be ashamed of being Jewish. It is funny that you are proud of your racism and ashamed about being Jewish. I think anyone (like you) who advocates rape should be castrated.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#23238 Jun 9, 2014
frank wrote:
go dems
why?
voice

Del Rio, TX

#23239 Jun 9, 2014
go perry

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#23240 Jun 10, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
why?
...For ALL the people....

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#23241 Jun 10, 2014
voice wrote:
go perry
...and take Senator Cruz with you!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#23242 Jun 10, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>You are using Jewish law and scripture to support your hateful positions and not Christ's teachings. How do you justify advocating rape? That is not even in the old testament. You should not be ashamed of being Jewish. It is funny that you are proud of your racism and ashamed about being Jewish. I think anyone (like you) who advocates rape should be castrated.
You didn't know that Jews and Christians have same belief against race-mixing?
Sorry, dude. I am a protestant Irish Christian. Can't help it, if Jews are also correct in my thinking.
Doesn't make me a Jew, no more than it makes you a rapist.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#23243 Jun 10, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...For ALL the people....
You really are a glutton for punishment aren't you?. Many of us have had all the "Hope and Change" we can stand.
Blake

San Antonio, TX

#23245 Jun 10, 2014
oijvtr wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist Pride, KKK pride, Nazi pride
If democrats don't vote, say bye to all of things that have helped Mexicans survive.
why

Hondo, TX

#23246 Jun 10, 2014
test

Lake Villa, IL

#23247 Jun 11, 2014
Eternal Life...

A guy is walking along a Florida beach when he comes across a lamp
partially buried in the sand.

He picks up the lamp and gives it a rub.

A genie appears and tells him he has been granted one wish.

The guy thinks for a moment and says, "I want to live forever."

"Sorry," said the genie, "I'm not allowed to grant eternal life."

"OK, then, I want to die after the Congress balances the budget and
eliminates the debt.

"You crafty little XXXXXXX," said the genie.
why

Hondo, TX

#23248 Jun 11, 2014
test
waco 1954

Lenoir, NC

#23249 Jun 11, 2014
Blake wrote:
<quoted text>If democrats don't vote, say bye to all of things that have helped Mexicans survive.
Surviving as parasites in a country not your own is nothing to envy.
why

Hondo, TX

#23251 Jun 11, 2014
test
Deer Hunt

Conroe, TX

#23252 Jun 11, 2014
frank wrote:
go dems
Yes go away dems!
Deer Hunt

Conroe, TX

#23253 Jun 11, 2014
Blake wrote:
<quoted text>If democrats don't vote, say bye to all of things that have helped Mexicans survive.
Mexicans should survive in Mexico. What is wrong with Mexico?
Deer Hunt

Conroe, TX

#23254 Jun 11, 2014
TheRaven wrote:
Wendy Davis for Governor 2014
Hell no, not any year.
truth is mighty shytey

Garden Grove, CA

#23255 Jun 11, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't know that Jews and Christians have same belief against race-mixing?
Sorry, dude. I am a protestant Irish Christian. Can't help it, if Jews are also correct in my thinking.
Doesn't make me a Jew, no more than it makes you a rapist.
Where did Jesus say not to race mix? He didn't. He even granted salvation to people who were not of the Jewish race. If it wasn't for race mixing you wouldn't even be allowed to be a Christian. I think rape is a crime against humanity and you think people should rape women crossing the border illegally. You're a sicko white guy who picks and chooses his biblical laws(the Jewish ones). This is fubar.

Lake Villa, IL

#23256 Jun 12, 2014
The simple way to describe the Dave Duerson tragedy is this: A smart, talented, driven young man grew up in a Midwestern town, became a football star, graduated from a prestigious college, won two Super Bowls (one with the Bears, one with the Giants), earned his master’s in business from Harvard, raised a family, became a business millionaire, earned great political and ­community respect, saw it all crumble to dust and killed himself.
That may be factual, but in so many ways, it’s not the truth.
Dave Duerson was far too complicated to sum up in a mere run-on sentence of incidents. Indeed, his rise and fall has the earmarks of a Shakespearean tragedy — a complex protagonist displaying the great virtues and frailties of will, resolution, pride, stubbornness, genius, hubris, vanity and then, of course, the foreshadowed and frightful descent into darkness.
On Feb. 17, Duerson shot himself in the chest with a .38 special at his condo north of Miami.
He was 50. As far as anyone knows, he was not in ill health. More precisely, his body — being those organs, bones and tissues ­exclusive of the brain — was in decent shape. On his bankruptcy statement, interestingly, he had listed under yearly medical ­expenses:“$0.”
He had recently made a list of three new goals in his life: One — get a new job (“He was going to get back into the meat business down there, and he had a satellite-radio show that he was doing,’’ says best friend Harold Rice, the chief executive officer of the Albany Park Community Center on Chicago’s Northwest Side);
His business problems — a meat-packing plant that went under, personal financial ruin — were manifest, and he and his wife Alicia had divorced several years before.(That they were still best friends before his suicide hints at the complexity of his relationships with the world.) His four teenage and older children loved him, and he traveled up from Florida from time to time to see them at sporting events and to see Alicia. This was despite the fact he had angrily thrown Alicia against a wall, in a sudden and irrational burst of anger, while the couple were visiting Notre Dame in 2005 to attend a board of trustees meeting and to watch son Tregg play football. And despite the fact he had a new girlfriend in Washington, D.C., whom he had said he intended to marry.
Dave had been down, yes. And life was seemingly crumbling about him, if it wasn’t already demolished. And his price was such that the move to Florida was almost as much an escape from his adopted hometown of Chicago and its judgment as it was a place to start over. But as Alicia says,“The financial situation and all that — he had dealt withit.’’
“He came to me back in 2006 when it was all falling apart,’’ Rice says.“And he said,‘You know what a phoenix is?’ I said,‘Yes. A bird that rises from the ashes.’ He said,‘Well, that’s me. That’s what I’m going to be — a phoenix.
At the death scene — as tidy and clean a suicide venue as the investigating Dade County police had ever seen — Duerson even had new business cards laid out, ones that ­designated him as an executive of a Florida meat distributor.
In the condo, which Alicia and close family friend Otis Wilson and Rice would visit after the police investigation concluded, there was a bizarre, illogical ­normalcy to the place.
There was a Bible, and books in proper places, towels folded, the carpet vacuumed. His Cadillac Escalade in the downstairs parking lot was freshly cleaned and detailed.
“You would have thought that any second he was going to walk back in,’’ Rice says.
Indeed, Rice was so disturbed by the rationality of the scene — all except the large blood stain on the mattress — that he told Alicia,“This stuff doesn’t add up.’’ He was certain it must have been a murder.
But the security cameras showed that no one had come or gone from Duerson’s apartment in two days. There were long, typed letters from Duerson, but they were not about suicide, and Rice thought they could have been forged

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lone Star Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 16 Farts 779
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 4 Farts 614
Liepman Restaurants/ DBA Dairy Queen (May '12) Jan '15 will quit 7
Looking for Thomas Calvin Allen age 50, does an... Jan '15 Searcher 1
Shawna Lynn Campbell Jan '15 Robyn 1
Cowboy Jims (Dec '09) Sep '14 brentonsmommy 11
Jerry Richardson (Jul '14) Aug '14 CounselorJoe 2

Flood Warning for Morris County was issued at March 06 at 9:38AM CST

Lone Star Dating
Find my Match