Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
20,641 - 20,660 of 22,294 Comments Last updated 51 min ago
Mark

Columbus, OH

#23097 May 26, 2014
Hate that Gov Perry
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#23098 May 26, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry I didn't proof read my post, but you understood the part about you eating cat turds out of the sand box.
Please have someone ,who at least got past the 9th grade ,try to explain what communism is to you. You still don't have a clue, and you're embarrassing REAL Texans every time you misuse it.
Don't know if it is true or not , but I heard the nut that shot up Isla Vista was a card carrying NRA member,and a registered Republican with tea party leanings. I also heard he was a transplant from Vermont. I don't know if any of that is true, but .......
Nothing that you have to say has any merit at all, moron.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#23099 May 26, 2014
I found phew-bars playbook!. Eat shyte libtards.

1. SHOW UP WITH YOUR TALKING POINTS. Make sure you have something that you feel will show your opponents in a negative light, and make that the subject of the discussion.

2. DEMONIZE YOUR OPPONENT. Attempt to cover them with shame, the same way you would a 4 year old that touches his pee-pee.

3. IF YOU SEE SOMEONE DOING #2 ABOVE, SUPPORT HIM IMMEDIATELY.

4. ACCUSE YOU OPPONENT OF SAYING SOMETHING HE DIDN’T. Attempt to define his statements in a negative light. Interpret them this way and state it as fact that he did actually say it. NEVER ask him…always TELL him what his meaning was.

5. CLAIM THAT IT IS “OLD NEWS” AND NOT WORTHY OF DISCUSSION. This applies especially when the discussion turns to the misdeeds of Democrat Party Leadership.

6. QUOTE AN UNSOURCED NEW ARTICLE. Always quote the article selectively, or describe it in a general manner.

7. IF ASKED DIRECT QUESTIONS ABOUT THE NEWS YOU HAVE PROVIDED, RESPOND INDIRECTLY. Never actually answer the specific of the question.

8. IF ASKED TO SOURCE YOUR NEWS ARTICLE, IGNORE THE QUESTION.

9. ACCUSE YOUR OPPONENT OF A MENTAL DEFECT OR LACK OF INTELLIGENCE. Personal attacks of this sort are especially useful as the target will almost always try to defend himself, thus changing the subject.

10. IF THE PARTY LEADERSHIP IS ATTACKED, ATTEMPT TO TURN THE TABLES BY INFERRING THAT SOMEONE IN YOUR OPPONENTS PARTY IS JUST AS BAD.

11. ACCUSE YOUR OPPONENT OF NOT ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS. Try to do this before he has an opportunity to. Try to infer that it you have given him multiple opportunities to do so. Do it even if the question has been answered. If he misses the question and asks you to repeat it DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES REPEAT THE QUESTION FOR HIS BENEFIT).

12. RESORT TO INSULTS. Try to question you opponent’s masculinity, his resolve, ANYTHING, but try to diminish and demean him.(This is know as the “LBJ Rule” codified by him thus:“Accuse your opponent of being a pig fornicator, then make him deny it.) REMEMBER, IF YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO THIS TACTIC, IT MEANS YOUR OPPONENT IS WINNING!

13. ACCUSE YOUR OPPONENT OF BEING UNINFORMED. This works especially well when you are asked to provide your sources. It is especially effective if you work in a reference to someone you have already demonized. Rush Limbaugh is currently the Demon of Choice.

14. SPEAK CRYPTICALLY. Try to make it difficult for people to divine your meaning

15. CHANGE THE SUBJECT. Try to get it back to your original talking points (see #1 above)

16. APPEAR TO AGREE. You will need to do this in order to achieve #15.

17. CLAIM YOUR OPPONENT IS BEING UNREASONABLE OR WON’T LISTEN TO REASON, AND LEAVE IN A HUFF.

18. BAIT YOUR OPPONENT. Needle him, tease him, call him names until he makes an inappropriate post, then scream bloody murder to the Moderator.

19. DENY THE EVIDENCE EXISTS. Ask for evidence of wrongdoing by those you support. When that evidence is presented, continue denying that it exists.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#23100 May 26, 2014
Mark wrote:
Hate that Gov Perry
Why?. Is he the governor of Ohio too?
Makes Sense

Paris, TX

#23101 May 26, 2014
I have seen all of these tactics used. It's psychological abuse and gaslighting.

It is not moral nor ethical behavior.
Bernard Forand

East Quogue, NY

#23102 May 26, 2014
Obama has had the slowest growth in spending of any President in the past 60 years: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Bernard Forand

East Quogue, NY

#23103 May 26, 2014
Roaming around NYC. Noticed Defiant strolling around here as well.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/14/devi...
Bernard Forand

East Quogue, NY

#23104 May 26, 2014
Why Koch hates our democracy; http://youtu.be/2Ux8Q3XC98U
Bernard Forand

East Quogue, NY

#23105 May 26, 2014
Right wing source of enlightenment.. http://youtu.be/qrdfRAaSWj0
Bernard Forand

East Quogue, NY

#23106 May 26, 2014
A right wing salute to our veterans; http://youtu.be/O2KU02lsfH8
fubar

San Francisco, CA

#23107 May 26, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
I found phew-bars playbook!. Eat shyte libtards.
1. SHOW UP WITH YOUR TALKING POINTS. Make sure you have something that you feel will show your opponents in a negative light, and make that the subject of the discussion.
2. DEMONIZE YOUR OPPONENT. Attempt to cover them with shame, the same way you would a 4 year old that touches his pee-pee.
3. IF YOU SEE SOMEONE DOING #2 ABOVE, SUPPORT HIM IMMEDIATELY.
4. ACCUSE YOU OPPONENT OF SAYING SOMETHING HE DIDN’T. Attempt to define his statements in a negative light. Interpret them this way and state it as fact that he did actually say it. NEVER ask him…always TELL him what his meaning was.
5. CLAIM THAT IT IS “OLD NEWS” AND NOT WORTHY OF DISCUSSION. This applies especially when the discussion turns to the misdeeds of Democrat Party Leadership.
6. QUOTE AN UNSOURCED NEW ARTICLE. Always quote the article selectively, or describe it in a general manner.

10. IF THE PARTY LEADERSHIP IS ATTACKED, ATTEMPT TO TURN THE TABLES BY INFERRING THAT SOMEONE IN YOUR OPPONENTS PARTY IS JUST AS BAD.
11. ACCUSE YOUR OPPONENT OF NOT ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS. Try to do this before he has an opportunity to. Try to infer that it you have given him multiple opportunities to do so. Do it even if the question has been answered. If he misses the question and asks you to repeat it DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES REPEAT THE QUESTION FOR HIS BENEFIT).
12. RESORT TO INSULTS. Try to question you opponent’s masculinity, his resolve, ANYTHING, but try to diminish and demean him.(This is know as the “LBJ Rule” codified by him thus:“Accuse your opponent of being a pig fornicator, then make him deny it.) REMEMBER, IF YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO THIS TACTIC, IT MEANS YOUR OPPONENT IS WINNING!
13. ACCUSE YOUR OPPONENT OF BEING UNINFORMED. This works especially well when you are asked to provide your sources. It is especially effective if you work in a reference to someone you have already demonized. Rush Limbaugh is currently the Demon of Choice.
14. SPEAK CRYPTICALLY. Try to make it difficult for people to divine your meaning
15. CHANGE THE SUBJECT. Try to get it back to your original talking points (see #1 above)
16. APPEAR TO AGREE. You will need to do this in order to achieve #15.
17. CLAIM YOUR OPPONENT IS BEING UNREASONABLE OR WON’T LISTEN TO REASON, AND LEAVE IN A HUFF.
18. BAIT YOUR OPPONENT. Needle him, tease him, call him names until he makes an inappropriate post, then scream bloody murder to the Moderator.
19. DENY THE EVIDENCE EXISTS. Ask for evidence of wrongdoing by those you support. When that evidence is presented, continue denying that it exists.
You rarely support anything you post Or you quote breitbart who is full of shyte the way that dude, Elaine does. You quote out of date sources. You constantly misuse all the various forms of the world communism. You name call constantly because you don't know how to support your arguments. I gave you credit for owning up to being a racist. There is a big difference between politically correctness and . the hate speech you practice. I call you a sheep cracker to return the favor and as full of hateful ignorance as you are, it wouldn't surprise me if its was true. Your constant talk off homosexual acts is a sign that you have issues with your own sexuality or it wouldn't be on your mind all the time.
Just Google New Jersey to repeal smart gun law and you will find many sources that proove you are full of shyte. I don't cut and paste. A simple google, Yahoo or bing search usually is it all it takes to proove your mastters, have led you astray. I know with your small and closed mind you only quote right wing nut jobs as a rule. I will admit that responding to your vile posts has led me to take up your tactics. I should be ashamed of myself for stooping to your level, but you're so full of hate, that I am not.
fubar

San Jose, CA

#23108 May 26, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obamatards are in denial. The issue of bull dykes and peter puffers hooking up is yet another distraction to keep the stupid peasants busy while our country is being sold out from under us.
Lke I said you're pusssy and a coward who has given up on his country. The country survived George W. It will survive Obama. Republicans are the ones who worry about everyone's sex life and who can love who. You belong to the party of hate and obstruction. You are t h e party of no ideas. Your parties one goal after Obama was elected the first, time was to make sure Obama was a one term president. Not to do what was right for the country only to obstruct congress..They should be ashamed of themselves.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#23109 May 26, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>Lke I said you're pusssy and a coward who has given up on his country. The country survived George W. It will survive Obama. Republicans are the ones who worry about everyone's sex life and who can love who. You belong to the party of hate and obstruction. You are t h e party of no ideas. Your parties one goal after Obama was elected the first, time was to make sure Obama was a one term president. Not to do what was right for the country only to obstruct congress..They should be ashamed of themselves.
Looks like I have really gotten under your skin again you worthless government propagandist. Truth hurts doesn't it?. Oblamo is a loser just like you. Thanks to your efforts, we all get to suffer the consequences.

BTW: Shrub was no conservative and Oblamo is nothing more than an extension of the Bush Regime. None of the crooks in DC intend to do what's right for the country, but you can dream on and point fingers, just like the rest of your ilk. This country is finished, so enjoy the fruits of your labors ya tard.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#23110 May 26, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>You rarely support anything you post Or you quote breitbart who is full of shyte the way that dude, Elaine does. You quote out of date sources. You constantly misuse all the various forms of the world communism. You name call constantly because you don't know how to support your arguments. I gave you credit for owning up to being a racist. There is a big difference between politically correctness and . the hate speech you practice. I call you a sheep cracker to return the favor and as full of hateful ignorance as you are, it wouldn't surprise me if its was true. Your constant talk off homosexual acts is a sign that you have issues with your own sexuality or it wouldn't be on your mind all the time.
Just Google New Jersey to repeal smart gun law and you will find many sources that proove you are full of shyte. I don't cut and paste. A simple google, Yahoo or bing search usually is it all it takes to proove your mastters, have led you astray. I know with your small and closed mind you only quote right wing nut jobs as a rule. I will admit that responding to your vile posts has led me to take up your tactics. I should be ashamed of myself for stooping to your level, but you're so full of hate, that I am not.
Then put up or shut up idiot and cite those sources. Strange how imaginary sources can't be shown huh?. Where are your sources to back up post # 7 on the other thread?. The crickets are chirping.
fubar

San Francisco, CA

#23111 May 26, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then put up or shut up idiot and cite those sources. Strange how imaginary sources can't be shown huh?. Where are your sources to back up post # 7 on the other thread?. The crickets are chirping.
I don't post links. If you can't search New Jersey to repeal smart gun ban I am not going to doit for you.
fubar

San Jose, CA

#23112 May 26, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>Lke I said you're pusssy and a coward who has given up on his country. The country survived George W. It will survive Obama. Republicans are the ones who worry about everyone's sex life and who can love who. You belong to the party of hate and obstruction. You are t h e party of no ideas. Your parties one goal after Obama was elected the first, time was to make sure Obama was a one term president. Not to do what was right for the country only to obstruct congress..They should be ashamed of themselves.
This pos t was meant for "how funny" and not you. You are uninformed as you guys like to say.

The point I made was pretty simple, the country survived the George W. disaster and we will survive Obama.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#23113 May 26, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>I don't post links. If you can't search New Jersey to repeal smart gun ban I am not going to doit for you.
Of course you don't post links, because you can't. Post # 7 is a fine example.
new black panthers

United States

#23114 May 26, 2014
dem stupid white crackers are dead we have succeeded in our mission. we will continue until we run this country with a black man in every top position in this country.
Finished

San Antonio, TX

#23115 May 26, 2014
new black panthers wrote:
dem stupid white crackers are dead we have succeeded in our mission. we will continue until we run this country with a black man in every top position in this country.
Then the collapse of the United States is certain being run by illiterate gorillas.
Brad

Marlborough, CT

#23116 May 26, 2014
new black panthers wrote:
LOL

Which successful black nation are you gonna use for a blue print?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lone Star Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 31 min The 17,878
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 13 hr Wow Wee 524
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) 13 hr That Fart Guy 722
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Thu Gasman 663
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 512
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Gasman 766
•••
•••
•••

Lone Star Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lone Star People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lone Star News, Events & Info