Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010?

Posted in the Lone Star Forum

Comments (Page 518)

Showing posts 10,341 - 10,360 of16,036
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
tesd

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

test
tesd

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

test
anonymous

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
But see... according to YOUR beliefs... God created everyone... and knew everything they were going to do before they did it.
So... would not it be logical that this all knowing all seeing God KNEW what Satan was going to do when he created him????
If Satan is the source of all Evil... and God created Satan... there is only one logical conclusion.
God is both good and Evil.
So, Thomas Edison invented the phonograph, therefore Thomas Edison was a phonograph.

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Thomas Edison invented the phonograph, therefore Thomas Edison was a phonograph.
No, but if Thomas Edison built the phonograph... and it sucked... then Thomas Edison would have sucked.
anonymous

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but if Thomas Edison built the phonograph... and it sucked... then Thomas Edison would have sucked.
What do you mean he would have sucked?
anonymous

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah... you're real intelligent.
I am out in the world trying to make it a better place for you and your family... and all you want to do is throw rocks at me anonymously from your darkened closet.
Typical.
"Intelligent" people are as prone to ignorance, mistakes, hate, anything you think of, as "unintelligent" people

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean he would have sucked?
God is good... but God created Satan... God knew everything Satan would do before he created him.

God created Satan to be bad... so God must be both good and bad.

I'm not sure how much more simple I can make it.

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
"Intelligent" people are as prone to ignorance, mistakes, hate, anything you think of, as "unintelligent" people
Intelligent people should know better.
anonymous

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the point, if God created everything... then God is both good and bad, in fact... evil must be a necessary force in the universe, otherwise God would never have created it.
Something that is necessary... is good.
So, evil... a creation of God is a tool created by God with a positive outcome in mind.
In other words, the end justifies the means as far as God is concerned.
God good, God bad... God everything.
I agree that God intended to let evil into the universe, but the way I see it, he could conceive of the possibility of things operating apart from his right instruction, thus my definition of evil. I believe that there is a reason for everything. But the way you see it, evil does not exist, because it is good. I think that God could create the possibility for real evil, not good evil. I believe that he wanted to let beings be capable of choosing between: his right instruction, or a way apart from his.
anonymous

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent people should know better.
Everyone should know how to be decent. It is not a matter of intelligence.
anonymous

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
God is good... but God created Satan... God knew everything Satan would do before he created him.
God created Satan to be bad... so God must be both good and bad.
I'm not sure how much more simple I can make it.
In other words, I believe that God is capable of making the possibility for a thing to exist that is not of his nature.

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, I believe that God is capable of making the possibility for a thing to exist that is not of his nature.
That would be like building a nuclear weapon with a random timer for an ignition switch.

Make something you can't control.

Doesn't sound like the actions of an omnipotent being to me.

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Hey, Damn Invasion!!

You're going to LOVE this string!!!

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/la-porte-tx/T...

Obama even has ME thinking racist thoughts!!!
anonymous

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be like building a nuclear weapon with a random timer for an ignition switch.
He is in control of it. We both believe he intended or planned everything that happens.
anonymous

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
I only said that beings could act apart from his expressed instruction, I didn't say he wasn't in control.

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
He is in control of it. We both believe he intended or planned everything that happens.
Right, and if he is in control of it... and he allows bad and evil things to happen... that makes him bad and evil.

If you were driving someone around and they had you stop at a bank and went inside and robbed it then got back in the car and you drove off... they would have been outside of your control but for a bit you are just as guilty.

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

they would have been outside of your control for a bit but you are just as guilty.
anonymous

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and if he is in control of it... and he allows bad and evil things to happen... that makes him bad and evil.
If you were driving someone around and they had you stop at a bank and went inside and robbed it then got back in the car and you drove off... they would have been outside of your control but for a bit you are just as guilty.
This is clever. But you and I still have a different definition of evil. When I think of evil, it simply means to me that it is what God expressed as being apart from his instruction, apart from himself, and also not of his actual nature. I believe that this is possible because he can create the "impossible." When "His will be done" on earth, apparently there will not be evil as I define it.

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
This is clever. But you and I still have a different definition of evil. When I think of evil, it simply means to me that it is what God expressed as being apart from his instruction, apart from himself, and also not of his actual nature. I believe that this is possible because he can create the "impossible." When "His will be done" on earth, apparently there will not be evil as I define it.
Well, logically... if God uses evil as a tool to manipulate man, then good must also be a tool.

When God gets tired of manipulating man, he will put the tools away and be done with man.

That is what I deduct from the Bible as it is written.

As I have said before, I don't put my faith in a book... I don't believe in the Bible.

I don't believe in Satan, just positive and negative forces.

We... you and I and everyone else, we are all of God... we are all one being so big and powerful that it is able to separate itself and perceive itself as billions of individuals.

That's what love is... the longing to return to the oneness of God, we seek out that belonging, that need to feel complete.

That's what many drugs are... an attempt to fill the void left in our souls from being deprived of that oneness, that completeness.

I've put quite a lot of thought into God... and seen and felt him in action on numerous occasions... nothing I have thought, seen or felt has ever led me to believe that he is the God of the Bible.
anonymous

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, logically... if God uses evil as a tool to manipulate man, then good must also be a tool.
When God gets tired of manipulating man, he will put the tools away and be done with man.
That is what I deduct from the Bible as it is written.
As I have said before, I don't put my faith in a book... I don't believe in the Bible.
I don't believe in Satan, just positive and negative forces.
We... you and I and everyone else, we are all of God... we are all one being so big and powerful that it is able to separate itself and perceive itself as billions of individuals.
That's what love is... the longing to return to the oneness of God, we seek out that belonging, that need to feel complete.
That's what many drugs are... an attempt to fill the void left in our souls from being deprived of that oneness, that completeness.
I've put quite a lot of thought into God... and seen and felt him in action on numerous occasions... nothing I have thought, seen or felt has ever led me to believe that he is the God of the Bible.
What have you seen and felt?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 10,341 - 10,360 of16,036
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Morris County was issued at April 18 at 12:53PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lone Star Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lone Star People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE