New Hampshire considers banning smoking at beaches

Dec 7, 2009 Full story: SeacoastOnline 13

Michael Sander believes firmly in New Hampshire's "Live Free or Die" state motto when it comes to smoking - and that includes his right to smoke on state beaches.

Full Story
johngaltusa

Beverly, MA

#1 Dec 8, 2009
Political correctness and the nanny state gone wild
REMOVE THESE POLITICOES
Enough already.
Let them deal with the REAL ISSUES like the economy and terrorism. No, better yet,
Send them all on a vacation for two years so they CANNOT screw up this country anymore!!!
johngaltusa

Beverly, MA

#2 Dec 8, 2009
Dear Judith Day,
This is Political correctness and the nanny state gone wild
We will seek to REMOVE politicians like yourself.
Deal with the REAL ISSUES like the economy and terrorism.
Stay out of our lives
Freedom Loving Citizen
Please contact her office and let her know that she and others WILL BE VOTED OUT
Smoke Free Beaches

Dallas, TX

#3 Dec 8, 2009
johngaltusa wrote:
Dear Judith Day,
This is Political correctness and the nanny state gone wild
We will seek to REMOVE politicians like yourself.
Deal with the REAL ISSUES like the economy and terrorism.
Stay out of our lives
Freedom Loving Citizen
Please contact her office and let her know that she and others WILL BE VOTED OUT
Thanks, I did contact her office IN COMPLETE SUPPORT of the smoking restrictions on the beaches.
There's nothing worse then setting up on the beach for the day with our family only to have some ignorant smoker(s) come and set up next to you and smoke all day. Remember it's YOUR habit keep it to yourself, and if you can't STAY HOME. Times have changed where I shouldn't have to inhale YOUR FILTH especially on NH beaches.
Also remember the beach is NOT your ASHTRAY either.
Smokers are just not welcome in today's society. I'd be embarrassed to smoke in any public place, people really are shaking their heads at you in disgust.
just candid

AOL

#4 Dec 8, 2009
Butt chucking butt chuckers chuck butts all over the place. Butt chuckers show no personal or civic pride, cause fires & have even killed people. We don't need their ilk, chucking on our beaches.
PreachingToTheGa rbage

Portsmouth, OH

#5 Dec 8, 2009
What lies they wont tell to push there agenda.!!

"The 2-year-old daughter was playing at the beach and all of a sudden she realized that her daughter's cheeks looked like a chipmunk's cheeks, just as full and distended as you could get them," said Nutting, D-Leeds. "When she examined the reason for that, her little girl's mouth was plum full of cigarette butts that she'd picked up on the beach"

Did they site this women for child abuse.? or just plain stupidy. I bet she was a non smoker.!!!?
How can you not watch a 2 year old at the beach ?
PreachingToTheGa rbage

Portsmouth, OH

#6 Dec 8, 2009
just candid wrote:
Butt chucking butt chuckers chuck butts all over the place. Butt chuckers show no personal or civic pride, cause fires & have even killed people. We don't need their ilk, chucking on our beaches.
********* A Tobacco Toady.*******
human being

Bath, ME

#8 Dec 16, 2009
smoking what. if a elderly gent is sitting on the beach smoking a pipe, will they issue him a citation? i put my money on no.

“Black Velvet & Tea Roses”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#9 Jan 23, 2010
What if someone is just 'smokin' hot' at the beach??
Glad He Ate Her

United States

#10 Jan 25, 2010
Adults who need pacifiers over and over all day are pathetic. I can remember being a kid and having to clean cigarette butts out of the sand every time I wanted to lie down. People who smoke suck. Period.
Ban smoking at the beach, and punish the selfish jerks who break the law because they lack the personal integrity to not be drug addicts.
Glad He Ate Her

United States

#11 Jan 25, 2010
And lets take a second to clarify... smoking is a drug addiction. Its not about freedom, its not about personal choice, and its not about getting all weepy and waving the flag. We're talking about adult drug addicts who are slaves to satisfying their own need for instant gratification at the expense of others, nothing more. Their is nothing noble or folksy or endearing about being a drug addict who makes a huge mess that others have to sit in. Its pathetic and inconsiderate , and we don't have to tollerate it anymore.
If you smoke, you have made an INCREDIBLY BAD decision. And bad decisions have negative consequences. Well, here comes your negative consequence. Tough s**t.
Flo Baker

Williamstown, MA

#12 Mar 27, 2010
http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/gvst...

Name:
Phone:
Address:
City:
State: AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT DE DC FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NV NH NJ NM NY NC ND OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY
Zip:
Notes:
Text area is limited to 250 characters
Print Spotlight with contact information Gun Deaths and Injury - The United States Leads the World in Firearm Violence

» Help Save Lives: Click here

•In 2005, 30,694 people in the United States died from firearm-related deaths – 12,352 were murdered; 17,002 killed themselves; 789 were accidents; 330 died by police intervention, and in 221, the intent was unknown. 6 In comparison, 33,651 Americans were killed in the Korean War and 58,193 Americans were killed in the Vietnam War.7

•An additional 71,417 people were shot and survived their injuries -- 52,748 people injured in an attack; 3,190 people injured in a suicide attempt; 14,678 people shot accidentally, and 801 people shot in a police intervention.8

•In 2004, firearms were used to murder 56 people in Australia, 184 people in Canada, 73 people in England and Wales, 5 people in New Zealand, and 37 people in Sweden.9 In comparison, firearms were used to murder 11,344 in the United States.10

•In 2006, there were only 154 justifiable homicides by private citizens using handguns in the United States.11
Billy

Barre, VT

#13 Mar 27, 2010
Glad He Ate Her wrote:
And lets take a second to clarify... smoking is a drug addiction. Its not about freedom, its not about personal choice, and its not about getting all weepy and waving the flag. We're talking about adult drug addicts who are slaves to satisfying their own need for instant gratification at the expense of others, nothing more. Their is nothing noble or folksy or endearing about being a drug addict who makes a huge mess that others have to sit in. Its pathetic and inconsiderate , and we don't have to tollerate it anymore.
If you smoke, you have made an INCREDIBLY BAD decision. And bad decisions have negative consequences. Well, here comes your negative consequence. Tough s**t.
Beautifully said. It never ceases to amaze me that ANYONE in 2010 would be arguing in favor of cigarette smoking! How many millions of lives does this filthy, disgusting drug addiction have to claim before humanity finally wises up? I pray every day that smoking in public will be 100% outlawed. Smokers can fill their houses and their cars with smoke until the air is blue, but I want clean, cancer-free air to breathe.
what next

Hampton, NH

#14 Apr 4, 2010
I suppose next it'll be peanuts. I'll be arrested for eating peanuts on the beach for fear that someones little angel will pick one up eat it and have a reaction. How about these folks that change their babies on the beach or women that change their tampons on the beach and just push them under the surface of the sand. Nothing like stepping on a dirty diaper. People are pigs,clean up after yourselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Londonderry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pakistani s Want to rule britain (Nov '13) 5 hr John eddington 3
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 hr AN NFL FAN 121,322
need for speed Fri wickerman2 3
Girla s push for purple bill draws red faces (Jan '11) Fri Anonymous - KD 26
the state of NH has blocked bristol news Fri johneyhandsome 1
Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Feb 8 ass hat 313
List of open shelters, warming centers in New H... Nov '14 The Insider 1

Londonderry News Video

Londonderry Dating
Find my Match