Joshua Lamy jailed for 40 to 80 years after killing woman, baby in DWI wreck

There are 47 comments on the UnionLeader.com story from Feb 19, 2008, titled Joshua Lamy jailed for 40 to 80 years after killing woman, baby in DWI wreck. In it, UnionLeader.com reports that:

Lamy was convicted of multiple counts of aggravated DWI, second-degree assault and manslaughter in the deaths of Sheila Moody, 39, and infant Dominic Emmons, who died 13 days after the crash. via UnionLeader.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at UnionLeader.com.

Jenn P

United States

#22 Jul 27, 2010
Steve D wrote:
"A Hooksett man with a long record of serious traffic offenses will be in prison for decades. Joshua Lamy (at left, in court today) was sentenced for killing a woman and causing fatal injuries to an unborn child when he roared through a red light at Maple and Blodget streets in downtown Manchester at more than 100 mph, crashing into a taxi."
This doesnt sound like an accident or a bad decision to me. It sounds like the abrupt end of what would have been a lifetime of continuous bad choices on the part of this young man. A long record of serious traffic offenses? That doenst happen by accident, you do that on purpose because you dont give a shit about others.
Thank You Steve!! That is so true and all for nothing, I've been friends with bri and mike since before the accident, I am still watching them struggle with birthday parties and family outings!! As much as Josh's family miss him, he is still on this earth, breathing, walking, talking. The most disgusting part of the whole situation, the idiot family members who ask the ignorant questions "how many of you have drinkin and drove" unbelieveable, I swear some times. "Yes" your brother is a Monster!! He was a monster in his teenage years, He's a monster now and he will always be a monster!! Joshua Killed An Infant And A Mother!! Dom would be the same age as my youngest, bri and I were only a few months apart. Not only did I lose a special little person in my life, I lost a really good friend!! Bri and mike will never be the same, believe me it shows...... Time Heals All
that was my aunt

Hampden, ME

#24 Oct 1, 2010
how are you to call us people selfish that was my aunt that he killed she left behind 2 kids that have to live without a mother. he killed her and you want us to for give him how would you feel if my aunt killed him not only is it wroung that he was drinking and driving he was speeding and ya it might of happened 4 years ago but i can never see my aunt again and that wasnt his first time eigther i hope he rots in jail and should have what happened to her to him and see how u like it dont be saying hes a good guy cause he isnt he should of died instead of her he was the one drinking and driving and speeding hes a murder and should be sentenced to death row. do u have kids how would u feel if u had to leave them behind??????????so dont tell me or anyone else that what he did was okay cause it isnt and he has to live with it for the rest of his life and i hope it eats at him and reminds him everyday that he is a killer and we all hate him!!!!!!!!!!
that was my aunt

Hampden, ME

#25 Oct 1, 2010
its moody thank you
gloria

Hampden, ME

#26 Oct 1, 2010
mark csll gloria207-3412884
my aunt

Hampden, ME

#27 Oct 1, 2010
heres this ur brother has done it before and unlike my aunt u can see him i can never see her again i dont feel sorry for him or u guys he made his bed now he gets to sleep in it
my aunt

Hampden, ME

#28 Oct 1, 2010
sarah sheila was my aunt and u were so young when everything happend my name is brandy and my mom gloria moody is ur aunt and we live in maine if you want to contact me e-mail me at billysbabygirl09@yahoo.com i love you so much and miss u so very much and josh too hope to hear from you that jerk is paying for what he did but i know it will never bring her back i have tons of pics of her if u want them do u have facebook????????
Matt

Warner, NH

#29 Nov 15, 2010
To Sierra and Sharrie,

I understand why you would try to defend, for Sierra a cousin, and for Sharrie a brother. However, you CAN NOT hide the fact that he left a family without a mother. I happen to know the daughter that Sheila was forced to leave behind, and she talks to me about how her mom died. No matter how you look at it, Joshua Lamy is getting exactly what he deserves by sitting in a jail cell for the rest of his life. I'm not out to make the Lamy family feel bad, because I'm sure the whole family is not like him. However, calling all who care about Sheila and her family "selfish people" is just nasty. And another thing, Sierra, you say that many people drink. That is true, but a good percentage of those people are smart enough to figure out that it is NOT okay to drink and drive. I feel some sympathy for the family of Joshua Lamy because it is obvious that they care a lot about him. On the other hand, I feel no sympathy at all for Joshua himself. My heart goes out to the Goyette/Moody family.

Since: Nov 10

UAE

#30 Nov 16, 2010
I have never drunk and driven
Nicole

Henniker, NH

#31 Nov 16, 2010
I Agree With You Matt McFall
beReasonable

Manchester, NH

#32 Nov 16, 2010
The Judge should do a week himself before sentencing anyone, but that is another matter.
There seem to be an overwhelming urge in the US for people to reach out and punish someone.
Everyone wants to play the victim, even if it's for 5 minutes while typing a nasty forum comment. Pretty thoughtless and self-serving.
Some facts.
Alcohol is a drug that affects the decision making porting of the brain almost immediately and profoundly. A recent scientific British study finds it to be have far worse effects on society and individuals than heroin, crack cocaine, or any other narcotic. It induces what under any other circumstances would be called severe insanity. Because it is legal, mainstream and conveniently wears off quickly, it's effects are trivialized despite it's deadly consequences.People under it's influence do depraved things that are routinely laughed off it has gained such acceptance in our culture. One historically recent exception has been the stigma attached to drivers. Under the influence these people are no better at making decisions about motor vehicles than which lampshade to wear at the party, or what household item to beat the wife with.
Weeding out an example once a year and giving them a sentence to die in prison is cowardly and ignores the much larger problem. Alcohol is taxed and controlled by the State. They need to take that revenue and treat the disease of addiction to the drug they promote.
LAWYERTOMMY

Orlando, FL

#33 Nov 18, 2010
He should have done this 20 miles south,in Mass. He would have been free in months.!!

Since: Nov 10

Warner, NH

#36 Nov 20, 2010
Nicole wrote:
I Agree With You Matt McFall
You know my last name... that's weird haha
Mia

South Dennis, MA

#37 Nov 27, 2010
I have never been drunk and drove. Its so irresponsible.
Ashley Goyette

San Francisco, CA

#38 Feb 27, 2011
I would just like to say i am Josh and Sarahs older sister , and that for any of you sayin that josua lamy is not a killer youre wrong it was his decission to drink and drive and to go 100 mph killin innocent people at the same time my lil brother and sister lost there mother because of his stupid decesion and they both had to grow up without a mother...... you have a chance to get youre murderer of a cousin back but my brother and sister will never be able to get there mother back !!!!!!!!!!
Sherrie

Weare, NH

#39 Apr 4, 2011
Sarah Goyette wrote:
<quoted text>
Sherrie, youur brother isnt dead, so you have a chance of getting him back.and not many people drink and drive, because they are smart and choose to take a taxi like my mother did, yes she was drunk when this happend, but she was smart and took a taxi so she didnt drive, i was at a friends house when this happend, and be4 it did my mother called me and said she loved me and for me to have a good night. but 1 hour later she crashed....and thats the last time i got 2 hear her voice, i cant even remember the sound of her laugh. And when she was in the hospital i couldnt see her because she was in icu...and all i gotta do was talk to her on the phone, but she couldnt talk.. all i heard was mumbling.. and after me and my brother Joshua Moody talked to her she died.. and i didnt find out till later that night... and i was only 8!!! So dont complain about your brother in jail for 40-80 years.. cuz my moms dead forever...and i'll never get to tell her i love her again, see her at my wedding, have her cry with me when im said, hear her laugh, ask her for advice. Now my friends are family to me, cuz they will do all that for me, but theres always gonna be a spot that wont be filled in the ile of my wedding, and its my mom.
Sarah, I had just turned 15 years old when this disaster hit all of our familys, I was a child, a young little girl such as yourself. I didnt understand how something so horrible could happen to any of us. Yes you are right in so many ways, Your mother did the right thing and instead of driving like my brother she took a cab. none of us can change wat happend for we all wish we could. I could never possibly tell you how incredibly sorry i am for my brothers actions. I would feel the same way u do If my mother was killed in a crash because of someones stupidity. I no wat its like to have a parent die and its just something you will never get over. They say their always with you but i never feel its enough so i imagine you dont either. I realize your mothers death could have been avoided if my brother didnt get in his car that night. It makes me feel like total scum because MY brother was the one who caused all this pain and grief. Iwas upset to hear people tlkin about my brother like he did this intensionally. that is why i sort of lashed out. I am a mother of two little boys, Joshua and Jacob and if I were seven months pregnant and lost one of my children cuz a drunk driver I would want justice served as well so MY thoughts are with you too Brianna. I think of ALL of you everyday that goes by, And I couldnt imagine Losein any family member in a situation like this. Sarah, I no you must b feeling all kinds of different emotions because you cant see your mom, and I Can see my brother, but as his little sister, when i see him in prison it tares my heart apart to no he will never come home with me. So Everyone suffered for my brothers actions even our family. I try to put myself in everyone shoes and i understand the way you feel and i understand the way Brianna feels about my brother as well. I didnt at first because It Killed me inside to know it was my brother that took your loved ones away forever. I could never possibly explain how sorry i am for all of you.
Sherrie

Weare, NH

#40 Apr 4, 2011
Drunk Driving leads to many innocent deaths but yet we have STATE LIQUOR STORES on our Highways!!!
my aunt

United States

#41 Apr 8, 2011
hi ash its gloria shelias sister from maine we miss u guys so much hope to hear from you
bbb

Sydney, Australia

#42 Aug 26, 2012
im tryin to get intouch with the Lamy Family. Can some one please if known could post an email address for them.
Sherrie

United States

#43 Sep 8, 2012
bbb wrote:
im tryin to get intouch with the Lamy Family. Can some one please if known could post an email address for them.

J0shuasM0mmy@Yahoo.com I am Lamy family
Heather H

United States

#44 Nov 18, 2012
Accidents happen, yes, but I don't call a drunk fool blowing every stop light at 100MPH+ an accident! I'd devasted if my child did this, but NO WAY I'd make excuses for them! And seeing the excuses and bad rapping of victims makes me SICK! You should be ashamed of yourselves! I hope the murderer finds salvation and begs for forgiveness! RIP Sheila and Dominic!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Londonderry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
loan required tonight 2015 topix.net 1 hr anifer 16
Review: Hobbs Automotive 1 hr joew 1
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr cheer the f up 121,918
nsa sex (Nov '14) 2 hr chris 8
Manchester/Stockport weed wanted Mon stutterer 1
Derry drug filled hell hole (Oct '13) Sun Compressed fat ty... 4
28 m Love showing my big d*ck off May 23 Wayney1 2
More from around the web

Londonderry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE