Letter: Let's have a vote on every im...

Letter: Let's have a vote on every important issue

There are 4 comments on the www.eagletribune.com story from Jan 29, 2010, titled Letter: Let's have a vote on every important issue. In it, www.eagletribune.com reports that:

State Rep. Al Baldasaro wants the citizens of Londonderry to vote on the definition of marriage, or against gay marriage. He says it is too important an issue to leave to elected officials. I wonder, first of all, what he thinks we have elected officials for, if not to vote on key issues. Secondly, what he has done to protect the institution of marriage all these years prior to legalized gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.eagletribune.com.

“TO HATE SOMEONE SIMPLY FOR WHO”

Since: Aug 08

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#1 Jan 29, 2010
By all means........let's vote on this marriage issue and not just in regards to Gay and Lesbian couples.......but for ALL couples.....okay?

I mean we should have a vote on big people getting married

Certainly inter-faith marriages

Need a vote on inter-racial marriages.......I mean come on that was forced on society, right?

Maybe we even need to vote on how many children a married couple must procreate.

How about making marriage strictly about procreation ONLY? I mean then those who can't procreate don't really need to get married, right?

This list could go on and on.......and even get more sillier and stupid than this Politician can imagine. One could tie up the legislators for years with ballot initiatives.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#2 Jan 29, 2010
Rose T-H: By all means........let's vote on this marriage issue and not just in regards to Gay and Lesbian couples.......but for ALL couples.....okay?

ALAN: Should people with red hair be allowed to marry?

RoseTH: Certainly inter-faith marriages. Need a vote on inter-racial marriages.......I mean come on that was forced on society, right?

ALAN: I wonder if interracial marriage would be legal today if it were put to a vote.

RoseTH: Maybe we even need to vote on how many children a married couple must procreate.

ALAN: Just what we need, more kids, less food.

RoseTH: How about making marriage strictly about procreation ONLY? I mean then those who can't procreate don't really need to get married, right?

ALAN: That is how the fundies see things.

RoseTH: This list could go on and on.......and even get more sillier and stupid than this Politician can imagine. One could tie up the legislators for years with ballot initiatives.

ALAN: Mandatory 11 month vacations for our Politicians would be better, easier and cheaper.

Since: Apr 07

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jan 29, 2010
Rose T-H wrote:
By all means........let's vote on this marriage issue and not just in regards to Gay and Lesbian couples.......but for ALL couples.....okay?
Certainly inter-faith marriages
Need a vote on inter-racial marriages.......I mean come on that was forced on society, right?
Maybe we even need to vote on how many children a married couple must procreate.
How about making marriage strictly about procreation ONLY? I mean then those who can't procreate don't really need to get married, right?
This list could go on and on.......and even get more sillier and stupid than this Politician can imagine. One could tie up the legislators for years with ballot initiatives.
ABSOLUTELY.

Excellent.

Imagine voting on *every social issue*-- and the public gets to decide.

You know what would happen? You know.

The WHOLE POPULATION of the UNITED STATES would be taking to the streets with guns to shoot the heads off all the other people denying them their rights. It would be an *UNMITIGATED DISASTER*, pure and simple.

Law exists to *protect* the rights of people. Your post is spot-on. I'd love to see how Americans would react if ALL these things were put up to a vote; if *EVERYTHING* were put up to a vote. My god, imagine zoning laws, what we can and cannot see on TV, what restaurants serve, where churches are located, which religion is *CORRECT*, my god; you'd have all-out war.

This voting BULLSHIT needs to stop. In the case of gay rights, it's especially egregious because the voters *are misinformed by liars*.

Thank you for your post.
deeter1013

Fresno, CA

#4 Jan 29, 2010
Reverend Alan wrote:
Rose T-H: By all means........let's vote on this marriage issue and not just in regards to Gay and Lesbian couples.......but for ALL couples.....okay?
ALAN: Should people with red hair be allowed to marry?
RoseTH: Certainly inter-faith marriages. Need a vote on inter-racial marriages.......I mean come on that was forced on society, right?
ALAN: I wonder if interracial marriage would be legal today if it were put to a vote.
RoseTH: Maybe we even need to vote on how many children a married couple must procreate.
ALAN: Just what we need, more kids, less food.
RoseTH: How about making marriage strictly about procreation ONLY? I mean then those who can't procreate don't really need to get married, right?
ALAN: That is how the fundies see things.
RoseTH: This list could go on and on.......and even get more sillier and stupid than this Politician can imagine. One could tie up the legislators for years with ballot initiatives.
ALAN: Mandatory 11 month vacations for our Politicians would be better, easier and cheaper.
I just sent Maggie Gallagher a nice little letter telling her that we are going to vote to make FAT people marrying illegal. As a FAT woman she is promoting and condoning an unhealthy lifestyle to our children.If we allow FAT people to get married then people will want to marry a goat.Our innocent children will be FORCED to hear about fat people in school, and they might think it is acceptable, and may want to even try being FAT themselves.This will destroy this country. her CHOSEN lifestyle directly affects me , because it is MY gay tax dollars that go to help pay for her healthcare associated with diabetes, and obesity. And since the whole purpose of marriage according to her lawyers is for procreation, and SHE had her own bastard baby our of wedlock...then clearly her getting married would violate MY rights, and her own definition of marriage.
Fat people should not be allowed to FLAUNT thier lifestyles in public...all that taco bell running down their faces onto their dirty sweat shirts. Unacceptable. Say NO to FAT marriage. Think of the children!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Londonderry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loan needed urgently (May '14) 17 hr RECHAEL SWANKER 61
loan shark needed tonight 06.10.10 (Oct '10) Thu king 46
bbw wanted Jul 27 mmamike77 3
Loan shark (May '14) Jul 25 king 5
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New Hampsh... (Oct '10) Jul 15 Grunt56 31
weed for sale (Nov '11) Jun '15 American 10
News Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Feb '15 ass hat 312
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Londonderry Mortgages