Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats

Full story: Thebostonchannel.com

An African-American woman claims that Southwest Airlines unfairly subjected her to its policy requiring large passengers to buy two seats because of her race.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of295
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Buck Steele

Centreville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 8, 2006
 
A picture is worth a thousand words.
antonio

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 8, 2006
 
Look at the photo! It is clearly because of the woman's size, she was required to purchase two seats! Race has nothing to do with it. I would hate to have to sit next to an obese person on a flight so I appreciate the efforts of Southwest Airlines to make travel comfortable for people of size as well as people who are not obese.
just another BK

Aliquippa, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 8, 2006
 
Not only is she fat but stupid. I think every airline has a similar policy in place and to waste money on a lawyer is just plain dumb.
MOOO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 8, 2006
 

Judged:

1

1

1

What a cow. Frivolous!
Scott

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 9, 2006
 
5'8" @ 300-330 LBS ... She needs 2 seats!
Abi

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 10, 2006
 
antonio wrote:
Look at the photo! It is clearly because of the woman's size, she was required to purchase two seats! Race has nothing to do with it. I would hate to have to sit next to an obese person on a flight so I appreciate the efforts of Southwest Airlines to make travel comfortable for people of size as well as people who are not obese.
Hello!!! If she didn't purchase two seats, just think of the poor person that would have to sit next to her, all shoved up against the window or falling out in the aisle! So stupid!
flyright

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 10, 2006
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Shes a pig, and she should have known she couldn't fit in a seat before she bought her ticket.
T WILLIAMS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 11, 2006
 
Always looking for a handout from the whiteman.
Jordansmom

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 13, 2006
 
I think she should have to buy two seats as well. I sat next to a large women last July and I was miserable the whole flight! I was so mad! I had no room to be comfortable at all!
Terry

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 13, 2006
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I simply can not believe how insensitive some of you people are! Yes, she should have bought two seats and I applaud SW for actually enforcing its policy. No, it was not racist and it was a frivolous lawsuit. What bothers me are some of the comments that are posted here. You all have the right to complain and you all have the right to enjoy what little comfort you pay for when buying an airline seat. However, unless you are all PERFECT, you have no right to be as slanderous as you are. And "always looking for a handout from the white man?" are you just plain racist, an a*$hole or both? Shame on you all!
Chris

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 13, 2006
 

Judged:

1

One Word: Frivolous! She had the gall to bring this case to court and is now in the public eye.
FlightAttendant2 1years

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 14, 2006
 
just another BK wrote:
Not only is she fat but stupid. I think every airline has a similar policy in place and to waste money on a lawyer is just plain dumb.
Come now. It is Black History month.!
ashamedof you

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 19, 2006
 
she was wrong, but the law recognized this, now do something constructive with your time you losers! you're no better than the words you use to describe this woman!!!!!!!!
Chef Redbeard

Acton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 20, 2006
 
Suck it up

Walk it off

Get over it...
LALA

Oceanside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 20, 2006
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Terry wrote:
I simply can not believe how insensitive some of you people are! Yes, she should have bought two seats and I applaud SW for actually enforcing its policy. No, it was not racist and it was a frivolous lawsuit. What bothers me are some of the comments that are posted here. You all have the right to complain and you all have the right to enjoy what little comfort you pay for when buying an airline seat. However, unless you are all PERFECT, you have no right to be as slanderous as you are. And "always looking for a handout from the white man?" are you just plain racist, an a*$hole or both? Shame on you all!
I AGREE
Suze

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 21, 2006
 
She is really something else, I feel sorry for the fact that she may have an eating disorder, but to sue and to talk with her girlfriends, oh, I am going to get millions, is a joke, what was she thinking? I am just wondering how much her lawyer cost, and she blew her case, because, she was verbally abusive to the employees, maybe the Customer Rep, should sue her for verbal and emotional abuse, now that would be a GREAT news story. And yes, jurys, are made up of your "community"...Look at Michael Jackson, mostly white jury.....Duh....but Michael is anonter log,,,,,,,(no pun intended). Hope this woman goes on with her life, and has some peace, but she brought it on herself.
MDL

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 22, 2006
 
T WILLIAMS wrote:
Always looking for a handout from the whiteman.
How can you say that? Are you looking to worsen the racial issues our country already faces? And, please be smart enough not make a comment about an entire race becuase of one misguided individual. You are just as misguided as she, if that is truly how you feel.
MDL

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 22, 2006
 
ashamedof you wrote:
she was wrong, but the law recognized this, now do something constructive with your time you losers! you're no better than the words you use to describe this woman!!!!!!!!
I agree with you 100%. Well said.
Jes Bak cali

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 1, 2006
 

Judged:

1

People are just really stupid!! who cares how big a person is .. especially charging them for two seats is ridiculous i would have sued the sw airlines too.. people are just hating and discrimnating
Watching

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 1, 2006
 
I agree...this has nothing at all to do with race. I believe that SW should not charge her for 2 seats....but, only if there is an extra availble seat next to her for that flight. Otherwise, she needs to wait for the next flight.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of295
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Londonderry Discussions

Search the Londonderry Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min ocxz 109,439
Two arrested for Litchfield burglaries (Oct '13) 10 hr Karma 13
loan shark needed tonight 06.10.10 (Oct '10) 22 hr Michael 13
why pain clinics ruin peoples lives (Apr '12) Tue herion will fix that 10
Gay Teen BBM Tue roy 3
N.H. Mom Charged In Deadly Police Chase (Aug '06) Tue was in a hurry 253
Derry police seek grant to pay for trail patrols Tue and skimpy shorts 3
•••
•••

Londonderry News Video

•••
•••

Londonderry Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Londonderry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••