N.H. police use Taser on man after ca...

N.H. police use Taser on man after car chase

There are 27 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Dec 9, 2010, titled N.H. police use Taser on man after car chase. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

The drunken-driving suspect sprang from his car, staggered toward police, and challenged them to shoot, according to police video-surveillance footage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Donald

Newburyport, MA

#1 Dec 9, 2010
Great work by our hardworking officers at the Pelham Police Dept.
The Observer

AOL

#2 Dec 9, 2010
Hey smartass try disobeying a police officer again and fail to stop when he's behind you with the siren on. Oh and while you're at it try approaching the officer in a threatening manner as you did. You looked great as the tazer hit you, you went down like a sack flour and whined like a baby when they attempted to handcuff you. Boy all that could have been avoided if you only did what you were suppose to do. Yeah try that again the next time they attempt to pull you over for doing something wrong.
DracutDad

New York, NY

#3 Dec 9, 2010
Better to be tased than shot.
Rules apply to all

Charlestown, MA

#4 Dec 9, 2010
Will the Police Officer be charged with assault with a deadly weapon?
If a civilian used a taser on a police officer the civilain would be charged.
Tasers are NOT safe weapons. Police Departments calim they are non-lethal, that is not true.
Many people have been killed by their use.

As far as I'm concerned the oficer should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
If not, civilians should be allowed to carry them to protect themselves.
Just Me

Westford, MA

#5 Dec 9, 2010
Rules apply to all wrote:
Tasers are NOT safe weapons. Police Departments calim they are non-lethal, that is not true.
As far as I'm concerned the oficer should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
Are you kidding me, have you gone through the training for Taser Use??? If you know how to use them the fatality rate is minimul... in the days of no tasers, this dude would have been shot... hmmm which you rather...
DracutDad

New York, NY

#6 Dec 9, 2010
So the police officer should have waited until the drunk hurt him or the other officers? More people are killed by drunk drivers than by tasers.
The idiot should not have been drunking, driving and should not have come rushing out of his truck towards the policeman.
Please don't respond with some lame statistics or a link to some cop bashing website.
DracutDad

New York, NY

#7 Dec 9, 2010
I meant drinking..not drunking.
Why ask Why

Holden, MA

#8 Dec 9, 2010
Yea thanks for the spell check dad. I agree with Rules Apply. Who doesn't drink and drive and why not? With good reason, we work hard, we deserve to tread ourselves. I could repeat your own words in our defense.''If you know how to use them the fatality rate is minimul.'' Right, If you drink a bottle of whiskey and drive safe the chances of killing someone is also minimal.(spelled minimal). Let me give you some advise. After you brush up on your spelling and grammar you can have many drinks with me tonight at Captain Johns on Westford St. in Lovely Lowell MA. The chances of hurting anyone is ''minimal'' ha ha
Rules apply to all

Charlestown, MA

#9 Dec 9, 2010
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me, have you gone through the training for Taser Use??? If you know how to use them the fatality rate is minimul... in the days of no tasers, this dude would have been shot... hmmm which you rather...
Police Dept.'s across the country categorize these as non-lethal, they are not.Remember the girl who was killed by a "non-lethal rubber bullet" in Boston a few years ago during the Red Sox victory.(she was an innocent bystander by the way).

There have been numerous people across the country killed by "non-lethal" tasers.All I'm saying is these should be illegal for Police Dept.'s to use.

The problem is the macho ego that most Police Officers use when dealing with a situation.If they talked to people in more courteous manner and dropped the macho ego, they would have less confrontations.
Why ask Why

Holden, MA

#10 Dec 9, 2010
I meant treat not tread
DracutDad

New York, NY

#11 Dec 9, 2010
Why ask Why wrote:
Yea thanks for the spell check dad. I agree with Rules Apply. Who doesn't drink and drive and why not? With good reason, we work hard, we deserve to tread ourselves. I could repeat your own words in our defense.''If you know how to use them the fatality rate is minimul.'' Right, If you drink a bottle of whiskey and drive safe the chances of killing someone is also minimal.(spelled minimal). Let me give you some advise. After you brush up on your spelling and grammar you can have many drinks with me tonight at Captain Johns on Westford St. in Lovely Lowell MA. The chances of hurting anyone is ''minimal'' ha ha
Where did I use the word minimul in my post?

So what were the cops supposed to do?
Chris

Wellesley, MA

#12 Dec 9, 2010
Many people have been killed .by their use.
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Look up the the federal use of force continuum and get back to me. Until then you are an uninformed quack who is just babbling. I will paraphrase it for you. Officers are allowed to use appropriate force to effect an arrest. If someone is resisting, to include not complying with demands,use of a taser is/can be appropriate.
Hello

Lowell, MA

#13 Dec 9, 2010
This guy is a real looser beats his wife and threatens his 9 year old step daughter. Scumbag deserves more then a taser.
Concerned Citizen

Burnt Hills, NY

#14 Dec 9, 2010
They should have pistol whipped him, to within inches of his life.
Donald

Lowell, MA

#15 Dec 9, 2010
<quoted text>
Police Dept.'s across the country categorize these as non-lethal, they are not.Remember the girl who was killed by a "non-lethal rubber bullet" in Boston a few years ago during the Red Sox victory.(she was an innocent bystander by the way).
There have been numerous people across the country killed by "non-lethal" tasers.All I'm saying is these should be illegal for Police Dept.'s to use.
The problem is the macho ego that most Police Officers use when dealing with a situation.If they talked to people in more courteous manner and dropped the macho ego, they would have less confrontations.
You are so much the fool. There's a man who is drunk, driving through Dracut, Pelham, Windham and ends up in Londonderry, after hiting stonewalls and riding for miles on the rim of his tire, sparks flying and ruining the roads and your saying the cops should talk to him in a more courteous manner and drop the macho ego????? Don't post anymore comments, you're really stupid!
Loser too

Lowell, MA

#16 Dec 9, 2010
Why ask Why wrote:
I love Captain John's too. That is were all of the losers hang out...
I Will Rockwell

Westford, MA

#17 Dec 9, 2010
I'll agree that the guy didn't help himself when he held out his arms and said "come after me." When that happens, chances are they will. But unfortuantely, these cops have become less of a community leadership group, and more of a "I have a badge, and I physically want to knock you out in a room" type of organization. They're a sub-culture in which they can do what they want, when they want, as they please. And I think that folks accept it, because Americans are fat, drunk and stupid in their own right.
I Will Rockwell

Westford, MA

#18 Dec 9, 2010
See, when I see a cop. I feel afraid. I am afraid when I'm in my house that they want to crack my skull unprovoked. And I worry that they will. One state or local cop will come and pick a fight with Pantera's "Five Minutes Alone" in the background. I fear for my life. I fear for this country, and what it had become.
I Will Rockwell

Westford, MA

#19 Dec 9, 2010
has*
In Shock

Haverhill, MA

#20 Dec 10, 2010
If you know so much about Tazers and how they kill people, then you would know its usually the effects of the DRUGS and other illegal substances in their systems. But obviously you care more about protecting the non lawing abiding citizens then the safey of the officers that come to save your sorry ass! You need a wake up call!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Londonderry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ostrich chicks for sale Nov 19 sam1012 1
NH Adoptees get their non certified Original B... Nov 8 joan 1
News N.H. judge says she closes eyes, but doesn't sl... (Feb '06) Sep '17 Stephen D Clark 248
Loan Shark Jun '17 Jessy1972 1
reply asap Jun '17 ghosthunter6252 1
News Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Oct '16 a fat arse 315
Microsoft store offering Free YouthSpark Summer... (Jun '16) Jun '16 mdunham 1

Londonderry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Londonderry Mortgages