Why is Parkland Medical Center suh a ...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
George Jefferson

Manchester, NH

#43 Feb 3, 2013
Parkland Medical Center in Derry, NH is just plain dangerous. The Hospitalist service has was taken over by EMCARE a few months ago,...

EMCARE will take a bad situation and make it worse,,, worst Hospital care in the state of NH is at PMC
kate

Tilton, NH

#44 Feb 11, 2013
I work at one of the Manchester hospitals and still prefer PMC. I have always had great service there. Granted have not been in the ER but have all my outpatient tests done there and they have been great.the nurses and techs have been wonderful.
Sabrina

United States

#45 Feb 13, 2013
Took my 2 year old son here last night after he fell on his arm wrong. After 3 hours all they had done for him is have a doctor twist and try and snap his arm back into place twice while he's screaming in agony. After 3 hours they finally have him some Motrin and did an X-ray. Just to send us home and tell us his arm is still dislocated and to put him to sleep and see and orthopedic doctor in the AM. I WILL NEVER GO BACK. wouldn't even take my dog to this place. Absolutely terrible.
MArcus Wellby

Manchester, NH

#46 Feb 14, 2013
Sabrina wrote:
Took my 2 year old son here last night after he fell on his arm wrong. After 3 hours all they had done for him is have a doctor twist and try and snap his arm back into place twice while he's screaming in agony. After 3 hours they finally have him some Motrin and did an X-ray. Just to send us home and tell us his arm is still dislocated and to put him to sleep and see and orthopedic doctor in the AM. I WILL NEVER GO BACK. wouldn't even take my dog to this place. Absolutely terrible.
Now that EMCARE has taken over the ER and HOSPITALIST services you can expect to see further declines in quality of care at PMC,,,.. so sorry your son had to suffer
Bob Damon

Plaistow, NH

#47 Feb 22, 2013
Seems old thoughts die hard.
Just checked the stings for NH hospitals, PMC is far from the worst.
http://www.nhpghscorecard.org/hospitalratings...
Dr Long Dung Hung

Orlando, FL

#48 Mar 1, 2013
Bob Damon wrote:
Seems old thoughts die hard.
Just checked the stings for NH hospitals, PMC is far from the worst.
http://www.nhpghscorecard.org/hospitalratings...
EMCARE took over Parkland ER and Hospitalist services,....Yes,, EMCARE very very bad,,,, EMCARE come into hospital,,, suck the money away for EMCARE executives,,,, cut Dr salaries and decreaase patient safety by giving doctors unsafe high patient loads,,,, PRESS GANEY scres suffer,,,, and EMCARE blames doctors for EMCARE screwups,,,, EMCARE = SHITCARE ,...LAWYERS LOVE EMCARE and mistakes made by overwhelmed physicians....St Joes and CMC kick out EMCARE cuz EMCARE give shitcare
Dr Robert Denver

Blackstone, IL

#49 Mar 20, 2013
Dr Long Dung Hung wrote:
<quoted text>EMCARE took over Parkland ER and Hospitalist services,....Yes,, EMCARE very very bad,,,, EMCARE come into hospital,,, suck the money away for EMCARE executives,,,, cut Dr salaries and decreaase patient safety by giving doctors unsafe high patient loads,,,, PRESS GANEY scres suffer,,,, and EMCARE blames doctors for EMCARE screwups,,,, EMCARE = SHITCARE ,...LAWYERS LOVE EMCARE and mistakes made by overwhelmed physicians....St Joes and CMC kick out EMCARE cuz EMCARE give shitcare
you have summed it up well.
Emily

Waltham, MA

#50 Apr 24, 2013
Absolutely horrible place. I went there with my mother who was having a seizure. The ER staff couldn't have been more incompetent. I've never seen my mother in so much pain and they all took their sweet ass time getting to her. They just couldn't be bothered with her needs. I actually hate the staff for how they treated her. Awful place. You're better off trying to take care of yourself.
mini me

Sweden

#51 Aug 6, 2013
I was an OB resident at Parkland and it is a horrible place. The attending staff are often very abrasive and bullying. Illegal billing occurs regularly as staff are often not supervising residents. There are also many policies and procedures that directly contradict current standards of care, but they simply do what they want. I would never recommend to a family member that they deliver at this facility
Barbara Estrada

Sweden

#52 Aug 26, 2013
I completed my training there recently in ob/gyn. You've only heard the tip of the iceberg. The place is dangerous for a variety of reasons, but a significant contributor is the lack of supervision. I'd never send a family member to have a baby there
Josh

Dallas, TX

#53 Sep 4, 2013
Parkland SUCKS! They are being taken over by green oaks hospital management, because of code breaking constantly! Their CEO denies many issues and lawsuits filed! Really, it's a place for " HOMELESS HOSPITAL HOPPERS " and VERY few that go there have private insurance! Most there have Medicaid or are homeless! It's arguable if someone with little or no health insurance should get the same care as those individuals with private. People in this world are always trying to get something for nothing...

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#54 Sep 4, 2013
their burn unit is second to none
Derry NH

Salem, NH

#55 Sep 7, 2013
Parkland should be shut down. I went to the emergency room about two weeks ago with a knee injury. I was sent home without a brace and told to call my doctor the next day. What a joke! I had to go to another hospital the same night to get proper treatment. Now I am getting phone calls from Gallup Poll night and day! Gallup told me they got my phone number from Parkland Medical Center they were calling about my recent visit to the ER. This is a blatant violation of my privacy
NONE

Dallas, TX

#57 May 7, 2014
Parkland is a terrible place they are no good doctors. They don't care about you. You tell them what is wrong and they don' t listen they said go to your provider you tell them you send me to this other doctor well I can't do anything I don't know the answer. This other doctor well I just don't have an explanation why you are hurting just don't know can't help this is a terrible place which we still had the insurance from where I used to work at. Stay away from Parkland if I keep going I will probably finish this next year. Bathrooms are even dirty.
Angela

Atkinson, NH

#59 Sep 24, 2015
I have sciatica and it was so bad one morning I could not get out of bed. EMT's carried me to the ambulance. I got to parkland and had a horrible experience. The assistant said I would get x rays and a shot for the nerve pain. When she found out 2 more ambulances had arrived she made me call for a ride home. Another assistant came in ,lifted my shirt, poked my stomach and said that I should lose " some of that". Tears streaming down my face crying in agony and this is what an assistant says to me? I had been there for about 30 min. at that time. Then I was forced to get off the bed into a wheelchair to go home. I was screaming so loud I'm sure surrounding rooms heard me. They said they could not give me anything more for the pain because of protocol. 10 minutes later they gave me more of the same medication. I went to this hospital for help and I was rushed out of there with a handful of prescriptions. I have had back problems for years and have not been to an ER for them in about 15. I will never go to parkland again. People that work in this field need to have compassion for patients. On top of being in the worst pain I had ever been in, I was humiliated by the staff about my weight and then rushed out with some scripts. The people that work at that ER care more about number's than they do about individual patients. It's very sad but I witnessed it first hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Londonderry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pain Management Intake Study Volunteers 16 hr Rich 1
top knotch cw band available for chester partie... Jun 28 joe a 1
whats up with rockingham county sheriff? Jun 27 WATCHDOG 12 1
Microsoft store offering Free YouthSpark Summer... Jun 6 mdunham 1
News The Week In N.H. News: Bobcats, Bagels and Bono Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
Londonerry Times Feb '16 Londonderrys Finest 1
News Donald Trump gets the devotion of the disaffect... Feb '16 spud 5

Londonderry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance