Why is Parkland Medical Center suh a ...

Why is Parkland Medical Center suh a bad institution?

Posted in the Londonderry Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LD RESIDENT

Manchester, NH

#1 May 24, 2011
Parkland is a terrible place,,, horrible facility,, the good doctors never stya,,,, why is this dump still open?
Lisa

Randolph, VT

#2 May 24, 2011
I think Parkland is a great facility and I only go there for services. What are you judging the hospital on, your own experience or history from 25 years ago. Check out the state hospital compare websites, check your facts. Parkland is one of the best hospitals in the state.
denise

Derry, NH

#3 May 25, 2011
I will never go to Parkland again. I went to the emergency room with blurred vision, horrible headache and I was given Imitrex for a migraine and sent home. I was toold that if the headache was still there in the AM, I could take 6 advil. My bloodpressure was very high. the following morning, I did have a headache, took 4 advil and started off to work. about half way there I suffered a major stroke. If it wasn't for a passerby who stopped to check on me, I may have died. I spent 2 weeks in Elliot ICU, then 4 months at Northeast Rehab. at the Elliot, a CT scan showed that my sroke was hemmoraghic. If I had, had a CT scan when I came in, I may never have had the stroke. Rehab helped me to walk again,but I still have little use of my left arm. If you need emergency care, go to CMC or the Elliot.It's a little further, but it may save your life.
LD RESIDENT

Manchester, NH

#4 May 30, 2011
Lisa wrote:
I think Parkland is a great facility and I only go there for services. What are you judging the hospital on, your own experience or history from 25 years ago. Check out the state hospital compare websites, check your facts. Parkland is one of the best hospitals in the state.
The ICU is pathetic,,, the Pulmonology department is weak, Cardiology is excellent, The Hospitalist department is basically run by Physician Assitants and is a lawsuit waiting to happen,,, they cant keep doctors,,, and I do not believe Parkland is one of the best hospitlas in the state,,,, I laughed when I read that comment!
LD RESIDENT

Manchester, NH

#5 May 30, 2011
Lisa wrote:
If Parkland is so good, why do they keep losing PCPs? Why don't they have a urologist, what happened with theirr orthopedcs department, why is their Pulmoary department so weak
LD RESIDENT

Manchester, NH

#6 May 30, 2011
denise wrote:
I will never go to Parkland again. I went to the emergency room with blurred vision, horrible headache and I was given Imitrex for a migraine and sent home. I was toold that if the headache was still there in the AM, I could take 6 advil. My bloodpressure was very high. the following morning, I did have a headache, took 4 advil and started off to work. about half way there I suffered a major stroke. If it wasn't for a passerby who stopped to check on me, I may have died. I spent 2 weeks in Elliot ICU, then 4 months at Northeast Rehab. at the Elliot, a CT scan showed that my sroke was hemmoraghic. If I had, had a CT scan when I came in, I may never have had the stroke. Rehab helped me to walk again,but I still have little use of my left arm. If you need emergency care, go to CMC or the Elliot.It's a little further, but it may save your life.
you should file a complaint with the state AND see a lawyer
Jeremy Johnson

Hamden, CT

#7 May 31, 2011
Lisa wrote:
From the way you wrote this response, I get the impression that you work for Parkland Medical Center. Parkland has hada bad reputation for many years.
LD RESIDENT

Manchester, NH

#8 May 31, 2011
Jeremy Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
From the way you wrote this response, I get the impression that you work for Parkland Medical Center. Parkland has hada bad reputation for many years.
Lisa is a schill.
Barnard Fike

Manchester, NH

#9 Jun 6, 2011
Lisa wrote:

1 hospilitlist dr covering 32 patients per day with Physician assitants.... just plain dangerous care at Parkland Medical Center,... a lawsuit waiting to happen .... if you truly view Parkland Medical Center as a "great facility" then you are delusional
JEM

Tilton, NH

#10 Jun 8, 2011
I totally agree with all of the negative comments on Parkland Medical Center. I wouldn't even let them draw blood on me now. Every time I have gone there for an emergency I have left there and seen my doctor in the morning and he has hospitalized me for the same reason I went there. I will never go there again.
Barnard Fike

Manchester, NH

#11 Jun 11, 2011
JEM wrote:
I totally agree with all of the negative comments on Parkland Medical Center. I wouldn't even let them draw blood on me now. Every time I have gone there for an emergency I have left there and seen my doctor in the morning and he has hospitalized me for the same reason I went there. I will never go there again.
horrible!
Marcus Welby

Manchester, NH

#12 Jun 13, 2011
Barnard Fike wrote:
<quoted text>
1 hospilitlist dr covering 32 patients per day with Physician assitants.... just plain dangerous care at Parkland Medical Center,... a lawsuit waiting to happen .... if you truly view Parkland Medical Center as a "great facility" then you are delusional
one hospitlaist dr covering 32 patients?

Wow, that is dangerous!
Marcus Welby

Manchester, NH

#13 Jun 13, 2011
Lisa wrote:
Lisa, I hear Parkland is getting rid of the PCPs and hring Nurs Practitioners,..lol...
Community Hospital

Newton, NH

#14 Aug 6, 2011
These things happen at every hopital, parkland is not MGH, its a small community hospital with limited resources.
Lewis Folkstrom

Manchester, NH

#15 Jan 18, 2012
Community Hospital wrote:
These things happen at every hopital, parkland is not MGH, its a small community hospital with limited resources.
you forgot to mention poor management,,...
John

Nashville, TN

#16 Mar 9, 2012
LD RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>
If Parkland is so good, why do they keep losing PCPs? Why don't they have a urologist, what happened with theirr orthopedcs department, why is their Pulmoary department so weak
Parkland Medical Center has an excellent Urology program The Lahey Institute for Urology with two world renowned surgeons. I don't know where you are getting your information from but it is incorrect.
Indie voter these days

Windham, NH

#17 Mar 13, 2012
Seems as tho maybe some Elliot employees trash talking the competition..if you must know. Most of the hospitals in NH suck..drive the 40 minutes to MGH.it will more than likely save your life. But Elliot is just as bad as parkland.
dina fureman

Manchester, NH

#18 Mar 24, 2012
pmc was good hospitgal when dr. joseph sabato was their, very good to myself and family. unfortunately he is no longer working at this facility. this place has been taken over by so called hospitalists , doctors whom work in a practice and also at the hospital, it seems to be overflown by md's from derry medical center, and god help us all this place has ruined peoples reputation, mostly because of a very poor and rude nsg staff that seems to run interference between pt and md hnursing staffs of medical staff not qualified.the level of on staff md's has ruined this and are always doing things in violation, god help us all do not blame er here as much asinfo they recieve or not recieved. will never takemyfamily here again to dangerous finding other facility to treat myself and family. hippa law violation.
dina fureman

Manchester, NH

#19 Mar 25, 2012
Barnard Fike wrote:
<quoted text>
THEY SHOULD CLOSE DOWN A FEW MORE MED FACILITIES IN DERRY, NO JUST PARKLAND, THESE PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN MORE ON TH HIPPA LAWS AND TREATMENT OF PATIENTS.
lois langill

Manchester, NH

#20 Mar 25, 2012
LD RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>
hospital was not a bad place yrs ago now to many dr's and nurses opinions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Londonderry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
[email protected] I am in need of loan... (Jun '15) 2 hr spotcred 5
Microsoft store offering Free YouthSpark Summer... Jun '16 mdunham 1
News The Week In N.H. News: Bobcats, Bagels and Bono Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
Londonerry Times (Feb '16) Feb '16 Londonderrys Finest 1
News Donald Trump gets the devotion of the disaffect... (Feb '16) Feb '16 spud 5
News 'Progressive' and 'conservative' have become me... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News Chris Christie Invokes Bill Clinton in - Wide O... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Jersey Backstabber 1

Londonderry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Londonderry Mortgages