Pelham gay-marriage opponents join st...

Pelham gay-marriage opponents join statewide push to fight new law

There are 443 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jan 6, 2010, titled Pelham gay-marriage opponents join statewide push to fight new law. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Shelley White is fighting for her right to vote on gay marriage. "It's a democracy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
Teh Gayness

Stoneham, MA

#1 Jan 6, 2010
I's can feel's it
Libertarian

Bedford, MA

#2 Jan 6, 2010
State Rep. John Knowles, D-Hudson, another Liberal that needs to GO! here is a perfect reason why we "the people" of MA. should have a CONSTITUTIONAL right to vote on Gay marriage and not have it decided for us by morally corrupted judges and drunken politicians.
WatchDog

Tyngsboro, MA

#3 Jan 6, 2010
Ms. Shelly White,

We DO NOT live in a Democracy! We live in a Republic! We do not have the right to vote on all matters, we vote for people to represent us and our views. These Representatives and Senators are the ones who decide what is and isn't a law!
Hmmmm

Bowdoinham, ME

#4 Jan 6, 2010
Libertarian wrote:
State Rep. John Knowles, D-Hudson, another Liberal that needs to GO! here is a perfect reason why we "the people" of MA. should have a CONSTITUTIONAL right to vote on Gay marriage and not have it decided for us by morally corrupted judges and drunken politicians.
Time to change your handle homey - you ain't no Libertarian, not by a long shot.

Government power must be used only to protect the individual from the use of force or fraud by others. Not to codify your personal prejudices, majority notwithstanding.
Disgusted

Montgomery, AL

#5 Jan 6, 2010
WatchDog wrote:
Ms. Shelly White,
We DO NOT live in a Democracy! We live in a Republic! We do not have the right to vote on all matters, we vote for people to represent us and our views. These Representatives and Senators are the ones who decide what is and isn't a law!
I was going to say the same thing. WatchDog beat me to it.
who-cares

Andover, MA

#6 Jan 6, 2010
New Hampshire should vote on gay marriage just as California and Maine. The will of the people should be determined. New Hampshire is going the way of Massachusetts; a minority decided marriage
and health insurance. If government does not mirror the will of the people, that government becomes tyrannical. Just as the majority is not always correct; neither is the minority. However, the laws of nature will always produce the survival of fittest.
Former Lowellian

AOL

#7 Jan 6, 2010
Bunch of Bigots, Massachusetts has had no issues since gay marriage went through. Plus you so called Straight people have been doing such a BANG UP JOB with the marriage institution
Zyklon B

Bedford, MA

#8 Jan 6, 2010
Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to change your handle homey - you ain't no Libertarian, not by a long shot.
Government power must be used only to protect the individual from the use of force or fraud by others. Not to codify your personal prejudices, majority notwithstanding.
In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.S. to elect the President by themselves! Rest assured they will do so... You can look at how they have taken over several towns in the USA .. Dearborn Mich. is one... and there are others... Then the concentration camps will start with the liquidation of the Homosexuals and their partners.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#9 Jan 6, 2010
Former Lowellian wrote:
Bunch of Bigots, Massachusetts has had no issues since gay marriage went through. Plus you so called Straight people have been doing such a BANG UP JOB with the marriage institution
Why are you bashing straight marrige?

I was thinking of the impossible. One thing that came to mind was New Years Day. There's always a list of infants born at midnight. Do you think a gay couple will ever produce an infant that will make it to that list?

One issue in Massachusetts was at a public school in Lexington. With gay marrigae came the normalization of homosexuality. One parent objected to his elementaru school child being expoosed to material like this:
http://www.massresistance.org/docs/issues/kin...
I would object too. I know you will fault my source but the story is real.

Here's a guy that lost his job because he didn't want to talk about gay marriage:
http://www.massresistance.org/docs/gen/09d/va...

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#10 Jan 6, 2010
Former Lowellian wrote:
Oh ya, there 'sacnity of marriage' with a rampant divore rate in this country + child abuse, domestic violence, etc. Are these the 'family values' they are trying to protect?
wondering

Sandwich, MA

#11 Jan 6, 2010
Why is this a political issue? This should be left to the individuals involved and their respective churches.
Open up your eyes

Dracut, MA

#12 Jan 6, 2010
Hang around with a GAY couple a few times and you will see that their relationships are just like any of ours with the only difference happening in the bedroom. Just because someone is GAY doesn't make them EVIL. This country has way more problems then worrying if Steve and Bob or Jane and Jen want to be married.
Former Lowellian

AOL

#13 Jan 6, 2010
LOL Wondering, those freaks in Lexington made something out of nothing. All you freaks do is preach love and your just hateful people. The same people who preach at the church and the same who raped children for years while others looked the other way. Why is two people are happy and want to get married do you have to butt in, it is none of your business!! 1/2 you so called straight's are playing on the side, cheating with both men and women. Focus on your own messy home life and stay out of mine!!!
Hmmmm

Bowdoinham, ME

#14 Jan 6, 2010
Zyklon B wrote:
<quoted text>
In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.S. to elect the President by themselves! Rest assured they will do so... You can look at how they have taken over several towns in the USA .. Dearborn Mich. is one... and there are others... Then the concentration camps will start with the liquidation of the Homosexuals and their partners.
Yeah....okay...maybe you and the wackjobs that think gays are gonna take over and gay us all up should have a one on one conversation so the rest of us can laugh at ya'll.
Hmmmm

Bowdoinham, ME

#15 Jan 6, 2010
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking of the impossible. One thing that came to mind was New Years Day. There's always a list of infants born at midnight. Do you think a gay couple will ever produce an infant that will make it to that list?
Good logic meathead - wanna explain why we shouldn't ban marriage for infertile people and make birth control for married couples illegal then?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#17 Jan 6, 2010
Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Good logic meathead - wanna explain why we shouldn't ban marriage for infertile people and make birth control for married couples illegal then?
My logic, meathead, is that gay marriage isn't normal and normalizing it brings a lot of garbage with it.
Southie

United States

#18 Jan 6, 2010
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
One issue in Massachusetts was at a public school in Lexington. With gay marrigae came the normalization of homosexuality. One parent objected to his elementaru school child being expoosed to material like this:
http://www.massresistance.org/docs/issues/kin...
I would object too. I know you will fault my source but the story is real.
Here's a guy that lost his job because he didn't want to talk about gay marriage:
http://www.massresistance.org/docs/gen/09d/va...
MassResistance?!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#19 Jan 6, 2010
Former Lowellian wrote:
LOL Wondering, those freaks in Lexington made something out of nothing. All you freaks do is preach love and your just hateful people. The same people who preach at the church and the same who raped children for years while others looked the other way. Why is two people are happy and want to get married do you have to butt in, it is none of your business!! 1/2 you so called straight's are playing on the side, cheating with both men and women. Focus on your own messy home life and stay out of mine!!!
Freaks, that would be two men having sex. I don't care if they do but don't look to me to ever say it's normal. BTW, all I'm asking is that you stay out of mine. Keep your agenda out of the public schools.
The Shadow

Braintree, MA

#20 Jan 6, 2010
If somebody is against gay marriage it does not make them a bigot or prejudiced.Gays choose to be gay,unlike race which is not chosen.Totally different.

I am fed up with gays name calling and insulting everyone who disagrees with their choice of lifestyle or anyone who has a different opinion then theirs.

Enough with the gay rallys,gay parades,gay flags.It is disgusting and offending.You chose to be that way, don't brag about it,don't flaunt it,just shut up and keep it to yourself.

The thought that the gays think that there should be special rules and laws made to help and protect them.......now that is prejudiced.
Hmmmm

Bowdoinham, ME

#21 Jan 6, 2010
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
My logic, meathead, is that gay marriage isn't normal and normalizing it brings a lot of garbage with it.
So what does that have to do with having kids? You can't even keep track of your own arguments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Londonderry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Three charges dismissed in beating case (May '07) Thu Mom of 4 23
News Two arrested for smoking pot in car (Nov '10) Dec 1 shot to death 5
loan shark needed tonight 06.10.10 (Oct '10) Nov 28 NayNay6638 87
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) Nov 27 Brian_G 121,899
Child Molester (Mar '11) Oct '16 Woodland Hills Mo... 8
News Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Oct '16 a fat arse 315
Microsoft store offering Free YouthSpark Summer... (Jun '16) Jun '16 mdunham 1

Londonderry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Londonderry Mortgages