Jackson Propane Plus tank rent

Jackson Propane Plus tank rent

Posted in the London Forum

leo

Pleasantville, IA

#1 Apr 1, 2011
I just got a letter and new contract to sign from JPP saying I was not buying enough gas and that they were going to raise my tank rent to 100 dollars per year. That if I didn't like it they'd take out my tank and charge me 65 dollars for their trouble. I have a 120 gal tank for emergency heat. Some years I use out of it and some I don't. Never the less my rent and gas bills are always paid promptly. It frost me that this business can seeminly make arbretory rent increases based on how much gas I buy.
shopper

London, KY

#2 Apr 1, 2011
I got the same letter, and since I have never signed a contract to buy a certain amount of propane or pay any fees to have the tank removed, I called them and let them know that I would not agree to this and that I have about 60 gal. of propane in the tank that belongs to me, so they are going to pick up the tank and reimburse me for the propane that is inside. I will go to Lowes and buy a 100 gal tank that cost about 100.00 and get it filled some where other than Jackson Propane, even if the cost per gal. is higher.
Bob

London, KY

#3 Apr 1, 2011
Welp, I guess if you don't use any more gas than that, why would they want to keep a $1000 tank tied up?? It would take them 10 years to break even on you!!
You'ar correct on buying your own 100 POUND tank. Then you can haul it anywhere you want to get it filled at their top price.
Opinion

London, KY

#4 Apr 1, 2011
Jackson propane would do a lot more business if they were easier to deal with. I'd gladly take 100 gallon or so so a year if they wouldn't insist on some ridiculous minimum. If I had a small above ground tank they'd come out for a small amount. They could even come out when they're filling my neighbors. They just won't be flexible.
agree

Eubank, KY

#5 May 9, 2011
yeah I agree JPP is a joke and they are suck off the tax payers dollars since they are part of the Jackson co-op paying no taxes on fuel or trucks it is a shame!!! I think it is funny people would trust an electric company with their propane needs
DuH

Somerset, KY

#6 May 9, 2011
What makes you think they don't pay taxes?? Thats just stupid!! They pay taxes just like any other company. So does RECC. Stupid people really piss me off!!
agree

Eubank, KY

#7 May 27, 2011
they pay no taxes on fuel, and trucks. read their charter stupid. Co-ops make it unfair to compete withthat is why they were sued by the national propane gas association several years ago. of course kentucky senate changed the law to make it legal for co-ops to expand. in fact jackson co-op where looking at going into the landscaping business also. It is a fact that Co-ops are given advantages. in tax breaks and sales tax relief hows stupid now.
tired of getting robbed

London, KY

#9 Jan 21, 2014
Jackson Propane is price gouging people every time the help for old people to heat their homes comes up JPP raises the prices and hollers shortage..... Bullshit, If there was a shortage then why is the price 1.00 cheaper at southern states !!!!
Abby

London, KY

#10 Jan 21, 2014
All gas companies charge a tank fee.Mine is $75 yearly and its not because of how much I use.I did ask Jackson before I went with another company and they quoted me $100 tank fee so I went with the $75 one.
Abby

London, KY

#11 Jan 21, 2014
tired of getting robbed wrote:
Jackson Propane is price gouging people every time the help for old people to heat their homes comes up JPP raises the prices and hollers shortage..... Bullshit, If there was a shortage then why is the price 1.00 cheaper at southern states !!!!
There is a shortage this year.Lots of news about it..here is just a couple of links..Do a search if you need more.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment/Energy-V...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/20/22...
joe

Mount Vernon, KY

#13 Feb 3, 2014
gas is out of site
skyhi

London, KY

#14 Feb 3, 2014
joe wrote:
gas is out of site
Yes it is.Hoping I can wait till winter is over to refill my tank.Prices should drop later in the year at some point.I think the national average is just over $4.00 but some areas are seeing it jump to over $5.00.
knows

London, KY

#15 Feb 3, 2014
The best advise I can give you is to buy your own tank. You can buy from anyone if you own your tank. No contract, no rent and no bull .Buy the biggest tank you can afford and buy gas when it is the cheapest in the summer.

I know, I used to be in the propane business. Don't need a contract if you own your tank.
Propane Gas

Brownsville, TN

#16 Feb 4, 2014
I bought my own tank and I'm so glad I did! Freedom from that rental fee is great! I suggest if renting the tank is not right for you, go to Lowe's, or Tractor Supply and buy your own tank. You can take it anywhere and get it filled. Love it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll who is the hottestt guy in london (Apr '09) 2 hr Sweet 4
who's heather creche baby daddy 4 hr Concerned veteran 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr Patriot 166,449
There are no single women left in Laurel County 7 hr truth 3
Budget Host Westgate Inn London, KY **PLEASE RE... (Jun '11) 7 hr tired of it 22
Jerrys champ sandwich (Mar '11) 11 hr Missmychamps 19
Xerox conduent question 12 hr Needtoknow 1

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages