Londons women center, dr.Barton

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Flushing, NY

#1 Jun 29, 2010
Has nebody on here had same experience my wife had she is only 27 she has some endometriosis cells had a minor surgery 4 that then he caused her 2 have an infection which led 2. a hystorectomy, she's talked 2 3 or 4 different ppl that had similar issues, it's looking like he's kinda similar 2 dr.maxey nebody on here had ne similar things happen from him or ne other pol from london womens center? Thx
Mine

Sheridan, AR

#5 Jun 30, 2010
Have you ever thought that maybe it isn't the doctor, but its the hospital these procedures are done at? The doctors have nothing to do with cleanign the instruments used or cleaning the room. I have heard of alot of people getting infections from surgery at Marymount and they were not all ob/gyn related. Some were general surgeries and some were knee replacement surgeries.
Hmmm

Flushing, NY

#7 Jun 30, 2010
Also after the hystorectomy we went 2 Corbin instead of fooling with him nemore cuz she was still bleeding after weeks and they said he didn't even sow her up right and he shoulda done a much better job I would advise ne woman with problems 2 never go2 londons women care
for your info

United States

#8 Jul 1, 2010
I think he is great he done a great job on my c section
Former Patient

London, KY

#9 Jul 1, 2010
I think that Dr. Barton is one of the best OB/GYN's there is. He was on call when I had my first child, so when I became pregnant with my second one I knew right away I wanted him to be my doctor. He done a wonderful job with both, and when I decide to have my third and final child he will once again be my doctor.
Hmmm

Flushing, NY

#12 Jul 2, 2010
Btw a csection is alot simpler than these other surgerys make a cut grab a baby sow u back up not 2 many things goig wrong with that I'm sure he's pulled off acouple of succesful serguries doesn't make him doogie howser
What

Sheridan, AR

#13 Jul 2, 2010
Hmmm wrote:
Btw a csection is alot simpler than these other surgerys make a cut grab a baby sow u back up not 2 many things goig wrong with that I'm sure he's pulled off acouple of succesful serguries doesn't make him doogie howser
How do you figure that a c-section is simpler than other surgeries? If it was a simple as you say, my 10 year old could do it. I am not on here to defend or say anything about Dr Barton. But I hate when people (esp men) act like a c-section is so simple and so easy to go through. There are alot of women who die every year from c-sections and complications from c-sections. And infections come from everywhere. The surgeon is not causing infections. It could be the tools they use during the surgery, or a nurse that touches you without washing her hands, or the patient touches themself without washing their hands. Infections are caused from bacteria. and bacteria is everywhere. So I agree with the previous post, you can't prove where the infection came from. You may have even given it to yourself.
angw

Pikeville, KY

#16 Jul 3, 2010
barton performed my c-section, only cause he was the doctor on call that day. he kept telling me that i needed to have my baby natural and he was only gonna be about 5 pounds. i had my csection, my son was almost 8 pounds and went in went in for my 6 week checkup, he wanted to put in the mirana. i told him i didnt want to do that and he got mad at me and gave me a lecture on how it was ordered and will just sit and collect dust, then walked out of the room and never came back. he NEVER checked my incision from having a c-section. he never asked how i was feeling, healing etc. i at least would have thought he would have looked to make sure i was healing right. i refuse to ever see him again.
Manda

London, KY

#17 Jul 3, 2010
Are there any good doctors in London? I have trust issues with doctors.

“Cowboy Up”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#18 Jul 3, 2010
Mine wrote:
Have you ever thought that maybe it isn't the doctor, but its the hospital these procedures are done at? The doctors have nothing to do with cleanign the instruments used or cleaning the room. I have heard of alot of people getting infections from surgery at Marymount and they were not all ob/gyn related. Some were general surgeries and some were knee replacement surgeries.
Being in the medical field myself, I completely agree here, but you are barking up the wrong tree. Check the grammar and run on sentences of the ones posting. You think they are smart enough to even contemplate that there could be another issue causing these problems?

I would first investigate the surgical techs and the administrator in charge of them. This is too many cases for it to be the Dr's fault all on his own. I would bet my life these instruments are not being thoroughly cleaned. If the linen isn't changed daily or at least every other day, this is going to aid infection. The problem is the facility, not procedure or the Dr's working in said facility.
Same

London, KY

#21 Aug 31, 2010
Wow this is all to crazy! Dr Barton was my doctor on my last child which was my third c-section. I had two other children at corbin with no complications and after my third in London I started bleeding really bad and it wouldn't stop. I went to the ER in March and this was over a month after I had my daugther becuase I thought I was dying I had never seen so much blood, they checked me and told me if things got worse to follow up at my Doctor office and released me the next day I was at the grocery store and blood was running down my legs thats how bad it was so I went straight to the docs office. Dr Barton did a DNC a week later and I have not had any problems since. I don't think its the doctors fault that things happen after surgery its just a possibility with any surgery you have! Dr Barton was the only one in his office that helped me because everyone else was just going to let me bleed to death. He said when he did the DNC that there was nothing inside me causing me to bleed but after the procedure it stoped so I was thankful!
u r right

El Paso, AR

#22 Sep 1, 2010
Same is right. Dr. Barton is excellent. Quit trashing good people!!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#23 Sep 1, 2010
for your info wrote:
I think he is great he done a great job on my c section
He didn't do a good job on mine!!!

He hurt me so much I started screaming and crying half way through it and the anastheologist had to knock me out. And I had a spinal block, I shouldn't have felt a thing!! But I did! It felt like the man was trying to peel my stomach upwards and push it way over the top of my breasts. I've never felt pain so bad in my life.
Since my c-section I've talked to two other women who went to Barton that also experienced the same thing.
Robin

London, KY

#24 Sep 5, 2010
All I can say is that in my experience Dr. Barton saved my life, my last son was born, afterwards the placenta had growed to my stomach and after the O R Team was forty five minutes late, I had surgery lost 4 and halp pints of blood, body temperature went in the sixties, Dr. Barton never once let on like something this serious was going on and he kept his cool and helped me to keep mine, we both faired nicely...I really like Dr. Barton always have, even before this, had other things done in past with Dr. Barton doing the surgeries and never have had a problem with him, Im sorry to hear about others pain and suffering but im my own opinion.. Dr. Barton is a good, nice, loving father of three little ones and I will continue to see him as a Doctor.
Robin

London, KY

#25 Sep 5, 2010
oops should read four and a half pints not halp pints...lol
youngmom

Middlesboro, KY

#26 Dec 3, 2010
I am prego with my second baby and I have Dr. Barton and am really scared after reading all this...anybody have any good experiances?
lisa

Sheridan, AR

#27 Dec 3, 2010
Manda wrote:
Are there any good doctors in London? I have trust issues with doctors.
the best family doctor in london is dr peter rock he is very knowligble and direct to the point he has always diagnosed my problems correctly and has always given me the correct medication he is blunt and to the point but he is a great doctor he is located on main street london at hopkins medical center once you pass fam dolr and jewelry store see the sign and go up the big big hill i really do recommend him
Deva Schell

Bimble, KY

#28 Dec 3, 2010
I Would reccomend Doctor Barton. I believe he is a very good doctor. Ive never had him for any types of surgery though.
Get real

London, KY

#29 Dec 3, 2010
lisa wrote:
<quoted text>the best family doctor in london is dr peter rock he is very knowligble and direct to the point he has always diagnosed my problems correctly and has always given me the correct medication he is blunt and to the point but he is a great doctor he is located on main street london at hopkins medical center once you pass fam dolr and jewelry store see the sign and go up the big big hill i really do recommend him
I went to him with severe abdominal pain. I didn't know what was causing it. I just knew it had me doubled over with pain. He treated me like I was making it up. A few months later I was in the hospital with a cyst the size of a grapefruit on my ovary that had burst. I haven't been back to him since.
IMO

London, KY

#32 Dec 4, 2010
I have had my own issues with him. Some may like him and some may not. Ever since I let him do my surgery to remove cysts off my ovaries my health has drastically went down. I had the surgery in 2007. I was healthy as can be at the time except for the ovarian cysts. Now I am 24 and I have severe Osteoporosis (from using the depo provera he insisted that I use to keep ovarian cysts from coming back which they continued to do so anyway) and I also have a rare Phosphorus Defiencey. Right now I am waiting to see a doctor because they think I have Hyperparathyroidism. Life insurance companies wont cover you if you have this because it shortens your life span. I had to give up my job and that has caused alot of stress because I loved my job. I made good money. I should be having a good time and being able to enjoy my life and spend time with my husband but all I am able to do is barely get around my house. If he recommends the depo dont use it!! It does have good benefits but its not worth it in the long run!! Good luck to anyone that is being treated by him. I sure hope your experience is better than mine!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Kenny Gray in the London, Corbin, B... (Jul '08) 17 min Wheres Waldo 11
London is ridiculous 29 min yourignorant 5
Automatic BILL PAY, but garbage still not picke... 36 min yourignorant 3
fake christians 40 min yourignorant 3
Why did the hangar shut down?? 1 hr edWARD 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr spaceship 134,382
Waffle House 1 hr Sarabeth 1

Flood Warning for Laurel County was issued at March 05 at 4:22PM EST

London Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE