Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you ...
blondie

Kittanning, PA

#4402 Apr 8, 2011
Gone wrote:
Bye bye Nelson. We got a new boss Monday.
what happened?who is the new boss?
UNION ALLL THE WAY

Manchester, KY

#4403 Apr 8, 2011
Union Daddy wrote:
I heard the union is having a cookout on April 17. Any body know if it you can bring your family and how much it cost? somebody said it was $10.00 per person or $24.00 for a family.
the picnic is april 16th and it dont cost anything. bring your family with you.
UNION ALLL THE WAY

Manchester, KY

#4404 Apr 8, 2011
American Woman wrote:
What the hell is going on with this union trying to get the company to get the company to hand over copies of our personal files and stuff. I saw the the paper they filed with labor board at work. Why do they want our personal information?
they dont want any of your personal information. they just needed them because the cookie factory management does not want the leads to have a vote so we had to go to a hearing today at the city hall. we wanted to prove to them that they was leads and not supervisors . management said they was supervisors so to all the leads out there it is not the unions fault if you dont get to vote in the election.
UNION ALLL THE WAY

Manchester, KY

#4405 Apr 8, 2011
doofus wrote:
<quoted text>where will be the location for this and will there be spies reporting against us?
i think they call it the clubhouse at the top of the hill in the curve if you come from the duck pond. i cant say who will be there but let them come and so how ignorant they really are cause they are to cheap to have a picnic. they took ours away.
American Woman

Manchester, KY

#4406 Apr 9, 2011
UNION ALLL THE WAY wrote:
<quoted text>
they dont want any of your personal information. they just needed them because the cookie factory management does not want the leads to have a vote so we had to go to a hearing today at the city hall. we wanted to prove to them that they was leads and not supervisors . management said they was supervisors so to all the leads out there it is not the unions fault if you dont get to vote in the election.
If they don,t want our personal info why did they get a petition to get? I saw a copy of it. It asked for personal information.
not true

France

#4407 Apr 9, 2011
American Woman wrote:
<quoted text>If they don,t want our personal info why did they get a petition to get? I saw a copy of it. It asked for personal information.
cookie management falsified that info to make you not vote for the union. union does not want all that private and personal info.
its mgmt lies. you were warned, that there would be lots of lies on the part of the mgmt. look up the union phone number on onecontract.org and ask us some questions. come to the meetings and learn the truth. the company man will lie to you about everything because they dont want the union in.
hmmmm

Latham, NY

#4408 Apr 9, 2011
Gone wrote:
Bye bye Nelson. We got a new boss Monday.
where are you nelson? we want to hear from you.
whats your story?
yep

Hodgenville, KY

#4409 Apr 9, 2011
hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>where are you nelson? we want to hear from you.
whats your story?
really,who gives a fluck about nelson anyway? that man could never give me a simple answer to a simple question without telling me i''ll have to get back with you on that! what the he11 is he good for other than being a yes man?
meeeee

Middletown, DE

#4410 Apr 9, 2011
not true wrote:
<quoted text>cookie management falsified that info to make you not vote for the union. union does not want all that private and personal info.
its mgmt lies. you were warned, that there would be lots of lies on the part of the mgmt. look up the union phone number on onecontract.org and ask us some questions. come to the meetings and learn the truth. the company man will lie to you about everything because they dont want the union in.
I heard if the union takes over they will do like those companies did in Somerset about 10 years ago - close the factory and move it to another state or country.
X Man

Mount Vernon, KY

#4411 Apr 9, 2011
Is this factory unionized, can you tell me?
UNION ALLL THE WAY

Manchester, KY

#4413 Apr 9, 2011
American Woman wrote:
<quoted text>If they don,t want our personal info why did they get a petition to get? I saw a copy of it. It asked for personal information.
i saw it too. the cookie factory dont show everything. because they are trying to make the union look like the bad people. they dont tell or show everything.
UNION ALLL THE WAY

Manchester, KY

#4414 Apr 9, 2011
Know Your Legal Rights
You have the legal right under Section 7 of the National Labor Relations Act to join or support a union and to:

1.Attend meetings to discuss joining a union.
2.Read, distribute, and discuss union literature (as long as you do this in non-work areas during non-work times, such as during breaks or lunch hours.)
3.Wear union buttons, T-shirts, stickers, hats, or other items on the job.
4.Sign a union card asking your employer to recognize and bargain with the union.
5.Sign petitions or file grievances related to wages, hours, working conditions, and other job issues.
6.Ask other employees to support the union, to sign union cards or petitions, or to file grievances.

Protection from Employer Action
Under Section 8 of the National Labor Relations Act, your employer cannot legally punish or discriminate against any worker because of union activity.

For example, an employer cannot legally do the following:

•Threaten to or actually fire, lay off, discipline, harass, transfer, or reassign employees because they support the union.

•Favor employees who don't support the union over those who do by granting special promotions, job assignments, wages, hours, enforcement of rules, or any other working condition.

•Shut down the plant or work site or take away any benefits or privileges employees already have in order to discourage union activity.

•Promise employees a pay increase, promotion, benefit, or special favor if they oppose the union.

Enforcing your Rights
Some employers try to prevent the workers from joining a union. The best way to encourage your employer to recognize the union and negotiate a fair contract is to build strong union support at your workplace.

If your employer violates the law, the union can help you file "unfair labor practice" charges with the NLRB.

The Labor Board has the power to order an employer to stop interfering with employee rights, to provide back pay, and to reverse any action taken against workers for union activity.

You can help protect your legal rights by:

•Keeping written notes of any incidents in which company officials or supervisors threaten, harass, or punish workers because of union activity.

•Immediately reporting any such incidents to your organizing committee and the union staff.

Your report should include what was said or done, who was involved, where and when it happened, and the names of any witnesses.
True cost

United States

#4415 Apr 9, 2011
4 the union wrote:
LETS TAKE A TRIP BACK TO MAY 2009 WHEN HEARTHSIDE FIRST BOUGHT THE FACTORY. WHEN THE POINT SYSTEM GOT BROUGHT UP TO RICH SCALISE, HE SAID HE NEVER HEARD OF A POINT SYSTEM. OK THE PLANTS THAT THEY BOUGHT IN GRAND RAPIDS HAS A 14 POINT SYSTEM AND THEY ARE UNION. THATS ONE LIE HE TOLD. OK HE SAID THEY WOULD NEVER CHANGE ANYTHING. NOW WE HAVE NO COMPANY PICNIC ANYMORE AND BY THE WAY THE UNION IS HAVING ONE ON THE 16TH OF APRIL. ALSO THEY CHANGED THE POINT SYSTEM, TOOK OUR TURKEY AND HAM AWAY FOR THE HOLIDAYS AND GIVE US $15 LIKE THAT WOULD REALLY BUY A TURKEY OR HAM. HOW DOES IT FILL TO GO TO HR AND ASK A QUESTION AND NELSON CANT GIVE YOU A ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION. FOR ONE THING HE CANT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION RIGHT AWAY CAUSE HE EITHER HAS TO ASK RENATA OR HE HAS TO MAKE A NEW RULE UP LIKE THEY DO EVERYDAY. COME ON PEOPLE CANT YOU SEE HOW THE COOKIE FACTORY IS GOING DOWN HILL WITH THE MANAGEMENT THAT WE HAVE. WE NEED TO VOTE YES TO THE UNION AND STOP ALL THESE CHANGES AND PUT A STOP TO THE MANAGEMENT TEAM FROM DESTROYING THE GOOD PEOPLE AT THE COOKIE FACTORY. THEY SAY WHY VOTE TO GET A THIRD PARTY IN TO REPRESENT YOU. THE THIRD PARTY THAT THEY ARE REFERING TO IS THE EMPLOYEES AT THE COOKIE FACTORY. WE MAKE THE UNION AND HOW STRONG IT WILL BE. RICH SCALISE SAID IN THE YOU TUBE VIDEO THAT THEY WAS GOING TO SELL THE BUSINESS AS A WHOLE IN 4-5 YEARS. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU THAT THEY DONT CARE ABOUT US. IF YOU LOOK ALL OF NELSONS AND CAREYS PICKS ARE GETTING THE GOOD JOBS THERE. PUT A STOP TO IT. VOTE YES TO UNION
About Nelson & Careys picks-they are picking the best person for the job-its all about production.

These union workers have been locked out since SEPTEMBER 30, 2010!!

http://www.inthesetimes.com/working/entry/673...

CAN YOU AFFORD TO GO SIX MONTHS WITHOUT A PAYCHECK??

Happy Holidays union plant workers! Santa bypassed your town last year!

No hams or turkeys for them, not even a lousy gift card! Oh boo hoo...WAAAHHH

You know if things are SO bad there (OMG-they actually expect you to WORK) you can always get a better job somewhere else...RIGHT?
Seen the classifieds lately?

So quit your dam whining crybabies, go home to your mommy-maybe she'll take care of you, get a better job or MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS & DO YOUR JOB!

You are not irreplaceable you will be crying THEY TOOK OUR JOBS when the lockout happens. So come down off your high horse and either do your job or get out the way!
Willing To Work

London, KY

#4416 Apr 9, 2011
Right On!!!!!
UNIONALLTHEWAAAH HH

United States

#4417 Apr 9, 2011
True cost wrote:
<quoted text>
About Nelson & Careys picks-they are picking the best person for the job-its all about production.
These union workers have been locked out since SEPTEMBER 30, 2010!!
http://www.inthesetimes.com/working/entry/673...
CAN YOU AFFORD TO GO SIX MONTHS WITHOUT A PAYCHECK??
Happy Holidays union plant workers! Santa bypassed your town last year!
No hams or turkeys for them, not even a lousy gift card! Oh boo hoo...WAAAHHH
You know if things are SO bad there (OMG-they actually expect you to WORK) you can always get a better job somewhere else...RIGHT?
Seen the classifieds lately?
So quit your dam whining crybabies, go home to your mommy-maybe she'll take care of you, get a better job or MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS & DO YOUR JOB!
You are not irreplaceable you will be crying THEY TOOK OUR JOBS when the lockout happens. So come down off your high horse and either do your job or get out the way!
Lockout-yea-LOLSH-I'll be laughing all the WAAAHHH when they replace all the sorry azzez! VOTE FOR UNION!!!
UNIONALLTHEWAAAH HH

United States

#4418 Apr 9, 2011
UNION ALLL THE WAY wrote:
<quoted text>
i saw it too. the cookie factory dont show everything. because they are trying to make the union look like the bad people. they dont tell or show everything.
Want facts?

Here are some FACTS about what your union dues will help support:
Executive Compensation...
$259,326 Franklin Hurt, President
$240,589 David Durkee, Secretary/Treasurer
$212,420 Joseph Thibodeau, Executive Vice President
$193,940 Steven Bertelli, Vice President
$176,287 Arthur Montgomery, Vice President
$174,493 Sean Kelly, Vice President
$169,949 Michael Konesko, Vice President
$169,711 Anthony Johnson, Vice President
$165,564 Robert Oakley, Vice President
$165,112 Randy Roark, Vice President
$146,137 Harry Kaiser, Assistant to the President
$144,907 Raymond Scannell, Research/Education Director
$144,659 Richard Yeager, Finance Director

If any of you WHINING CRYBABY MORONS think you will ever get in big with this good ole boys club, you might have better luck spending those union dues on lottery tickets!

MORE FACTS!!!

DID YOU KNOW...

This union's membership reported 117,083 members in 2000
Their total membership was reported as 84,627 in 2010

If this union is SUCH A GOOD IDEA, why has its membership DECREASED?

Seems like they NEED you more than you need them, who will pay those salaries?

STEP RIGHT UP!!! Its what PT Barnum said you suckers!

Its such a pity that a union won't fix stupid!
LMAO

Bowling Green, KY

#4419 Apr 9, 2011
Unions cannot pay for their Pension plans. They need 19 Workers to pay for one retiree and they only have 10-12. It's a train wreck waiting to happen. If these fools want to through their money, they'll find out the truth. The unions need money, thats it.
UNIONALLTHEWAAAH HH

United States

#4420 Apr 9, 2011
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>One thing that peeps need to realize. If we vote in a union and go on strike, IES workers will be the ones to take our jobs and permanently replace us. They can do that. Look it up it's the law.
While picketing you can proudly carry your sign that says "WHO WILL FEED MY KIDS?"
Family Man

London, KY

#4421 Apr 9, 2011
I can't believe that they have the nerve to charge people and their families for a cookout just so that they can try to get them into the union and pay dues! And why would they have it on a Sunday? Personaly, I'll be at church and with my family. Not with a bunch of bloodsuchers.
we knew

London, KY

#4422 Apr 9, 2011
poor randy and him not knowing what is going on behind his back but a bunch of us done knew what was going to happen with her

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min FFS 158,107
Excited about losing the Affordable Care Act? 23 min Plutocracy USA 30
Big Lots #1483 1 hr previous employee 4
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 4 hr Say No To Drugs 1,312
Ashley Judd. 4 hr Teach 1
Single woman over 40 (Aug '15) 12 hr The Real Yeti 227
have you been raped or molested and never told ... (Dec '10) 12 hr OgirlO 181

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance