London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Judged:

@Binny -- Nami's net worth is over 500Million - the golf course was a toy for him. The homeowner Sarget & Brewer are the ones to blame for the course closing. They were too cheap to pay the $600/yr to help maintain the course....
Lazy Crat

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Possible wrote:
<quoted text>
If Bill Robinson could put an asphalt plant in a residential area don't know why Nami can start a pig farm on the back nine. Not any difference.
With the golfers out Property will go up at the Oaks of London
Tiger

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Hope wrote:
I hope someone buys the Crooked Creek Golf course. It is well kept and fun to play. London Country Club course is terrible now; its not being maintained. Many think it will be closed soon which makes it important we keep Crooked Creek.
Sorry jerkoff LCC isn't going anywhere - the reason it's in that shape is the owner is getting ready to put in new fairways and cart paths. He's a multi millionaire that has his own private club, why would he close it.
LLB

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry jerkoff LCC isn't going anywhere - the reason it's in that shape is the owner is getting ready to put in new fairways and cart paths. He's a multi millionaire that has his own private club, why would he close it.
Robinson din't get wealthy booking losers and the club has to be losing money, big time.
SteveO

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

YouCantHandletheTruth wrote:
@Binny -- Nami's net worth is over 500Million - the golf course was a toy for him. The homeowner Sarget & Brewer are the ones to blame for the course closing. They were too cheap to pay the $600/yr to help maintain the course....
Hahaha I'm laughing so hard I can't type --$500 million, are you for real .... The wealthiest man in Kentucky is terry forcht and he's nowhere worth $500 million, I believe you meant $5 million
Tiger

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

LLB wrote:
<quoted text>
Robinson din't get wealthy booking losers and the club has to be losing money, big time.
Sure it's losing money, I'm sure he wants it that way, it's called a tax write off, you probably wouldn't understand that, only working people would
LLB

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

SteveO wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha I'm laughing so hard I can't type --$500 million, are you for real .... The wealthiest man in Kentucky is terry forcht and he's nowhere worth $500 million, I believe you meant $5 million
Actually the wealthiest person in Kentucky is Brad Kelley from Franklin, Kentucky; his net worth 1.4 billion. Forbes list him as one of the top 400 hundred wealthiest Americans. Made it in discount tobacco products. Owns Calumet farm and over a million acres in Texas, among other things.
LLB

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it's losing money, I'm sure he wants it that way, it's called a tax write off, you probably wouldn't understand that, only working people would
Sure, and you can bet I have forgot more about business than you will ever know. Don't be shocked when it closes. Bill bought it after a bunch of idiots got control of a nice club and broke by borrowing and spending money like a bunch of drunk sailors. Don't blame Bill for buying a distressed property run into the ground by a bunch of wannabes. I was playing the course in the 60's; its a shame a bunch of idiots ruined it.
SteveO

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Why does people keep saying Robinson will close LCC ? If he's going to close it, then why in hell would he be spending so much $$$$$ out there .... New pool, new tennis courts, new Bermuda fairways are on the way, new cart path thru the entire course, just don't make sense why people think that way
Old London

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

LLB wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, and you can bet I have forgot more about business than you will ever know. Don't be shocked when it closes. Bill bought it after a bunch of idiots got control of a nice club and broke by borrowing and spending money like a bunch of drunk sailors. Don't blame Bill for buying a distressed property run into the ground by a bunch of wannabes. I was playing the course in the 60's; its a shame a bunch of idiots ruined it.
Your right, bet Red Little, Butch Little, Mr. Champion, Roy Barton, Gene Smith, Dr, Pennington and others who gave much to build the course, curse those losers every night from their graves. Hard to build, easy to destroy if you let a bunch get control that inherited a little but never made anything on their own. Wonder if Tiger is one of wannabes that broke London Country Club and let vultures pick its bones?
Tiger

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Uhhhhhhh no sh!thead, not a wannabe, you're living in the past man, let it go ....
Developer

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

SteveO wrote:
Why does people keep saying Robinson will close LCC ? If he's going to close it, then why in hell would he be spending so much $$$$$ out there .... New pool, new tennis courts, new Bermuda fairways are on the way, new cart path thru the entire course, just don't make sense why people think that way
Free standing golf courses have difficulty making money and are often used as write offs. But you can't write them off forever, On the other hand, gated communities with a club house, golf course, pool and tennis court often do very well. That property would make a great golf community. Lots, condos and rentals would do well.I will be shocked if that does not happen at some point.
Old London

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Tiger wrote:
Uhhhhhhh no sh!thead, not a wannabe, you're living in the past man, let it go ....
The only reason LCC went broke and was sold to avoid foreclosure was bad management and uncontrolled borrowing and spending by a bunch of wannabes. I belong to a club in Florida that is over a hundred years old and flourishing. LCC was founded in 1959 and died in a little over fifty years. Sad. I hope those responsible feel guilt for what they did. It hurt our community and they should have been sued. Maybe its not too late. I still have stock, which might give me standing. That would give me something to do.
CPA

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

SteveO wrote:
If Developers projection is correct, Robinson would benefit by improving the property now while it is an operating course. Write cost off now and improve the property for future development.
family member

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

Uncle bill gave it to me since his kids are messed up,that way my new wife can get the back nine..............just the way she likes it.
Since

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

family member wrote:
Uncle bill gave it to me since his kids are messed up,that way my new wife can get the back nine..........just the way she likes it.
Since your the new owner what plans do you have to help the club? Will your wife be involved? She might help increase traffic on the back nine. Sure ain't no traffic now.
I heard

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

First London Country Club is doing very well, they are redoing and re-vampimg the greens. Rumors about new pool are false however, new furniture maybe doable next year. The greens were the priority. Crooked Creek continues to be a crock!! Mike Nami's solution,,,,Home owners! You pay even MORE! Are you crazy? Where is my stock in your looser? What do I have to gain? Oh Yeah ZERO! Please politely remove yourself from this forum, and do to yourself, what you are trying to do to the home owners!
Player

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

I heard wrote:
First London Country Club is doing very well, they are redoing and re-vampimg the greens. Rumors about new pool are false however, new furniture maybe doable next year. The greens were the priority. Crooked Creek continues to be a crock!! Mike Nami's solution,,,,Home owners! You pay even MORE! Are you crazy? Where is my stock in your looser? What do I have to gain? Oh Yeah ZERO! Please politely remove yourself from this forum, and do to yourself, what you are trying to do to the home owners!
LCC ain't doing well. You can't play the course, its awful. Greens, my rump. You can't get to them from the fairways. I can only hope Crooked Creek has sold and will be opened. It has been very playable all year, unlike LCC.
Old London

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

I heard wrote:
Speaking of stock, I have shares in LCC bought over 40 years ago, so am I to assume from your post that it has value? I hope so. Please let me know.
London C C

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

YouCantHandletheTruth wrote:
Nami and Hussein Obama are two peas out of the same POT all Bull-S-it Blow Rod Mike would like the home Owners pay for his Golf Course
When he bought the Golf Course for around 2.2 0r 2.3 Million he paid little down and he said he put 6 Million into the Course LOL Suckers are born every day Mike and most people at The Oaks of London are not Suckers.I say your closing down the Course trying your Power Play won't work.Property will go up if you close the Course.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the London Forum right now

Search the London Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 12 min cathyjudy 26,185
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min cathyjudy 146,195
Stop Odumba WAR ON COAL 19 min proof of lies 72
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 37 min SNYB 128,589
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 4 hr oscar 16,116
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 5 hr sad 81,569
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 5 hr shew 1,014
Illegal immagrants 6 hr Curmudgeon 213
•••
•••
•••
London Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

London Jobs

•••