First Prev
of 5
Next Last
ghosthunter31

Waco, KY

#1 Jun 27, 2008
This place is spooky? Anybody know the history on this place?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2 Jun 27, 2008
It's spooky down there on certain nights.
I've been down there several times and sometimes nothing will happen and sometimes it'll be extremely active down there.
I think it has to do with moon phases really.
I've researched paranormal stuff for a while now and I came across this site that said if you 'ghost hunt' 3 nights before or 3 nights after a full moon, that's when it'll be most active. Last time I went down there, it was 3 nights after and as soon as we got out of the vehicle, we heard stuff like walking toward us so one of the people with me freaked out and told everyone to get back in the vehicle. Then 2 of them wanted to get out to read a tombstone and after they got out, I went to lock the doors and the suckers kept unlocking. It was the most insane thing that's ever happened to me down there.
As for history, the only thing I've heard of happening down there is there used to be a satanic church and someone burned it down with people in it...
Also, a few people have said that satanic people still go to sacrafice people down there, but I don't know if all that's true. Who knows? lol
ed gein

Waco, KY

#3 Jun 27, 2008
anything ever make the papers?

Location hidden

#4 Jun 27, 2008
I have no clue. That's just what I've heard.
like to know

Pikeville, KY

#5 Jun 27, 2008
where is this place at
Sadie Glutz

Corbin, KY

#6 Jun 27, 2008
FunSizedKristy wrote:
I have no clue. That's just what I've heard.
you need another pic sweety,you look "oversized" lmao

Location hidden

#7 Jun 27, 2008
you get off at the 2nd corbin exit then turn right like you're going to Cumberland Falls. Keep going that way for about 6 miles, I think, and Devils Creek Rd. will be on the right. Go down devil's creek rd and you'll come to this creepy looking building that says DEVILS CREEK on it, you go left and keep going til you get to a dirt road... go straight down it for a few miles, don't turn off anywhere else. you'll see the cemetery. it's on the right.
tom

London, KY

#8 Jun 27, 2008
where is Devils Creek?
Sadie Glutz

London, KY

#9 Jun 27, 2008
what
CREEPY

Clay City, KY

#10 Jun 27, 2008
good grief this place even sounds creepy, wonder how it got its name

Since: Sep 07

Lawrenceburg, KY

#11 Jul 4, 2008
Devils creek joins up with a place called dog slaughter, it got its name because theirs a concrete floor down there that used to be a old church. The devil worshipers would go in the old building and have rituals and sacrifice dogs. You can see blood stains on the concrete. Very sppoky place down there even in the day time
Marty

Madisonville, KY

#12 Jul 4, 2008
That's more of an old legend. There would be some gothic type folks that would kill animals down there but it was never an old Satanic Church. I've camped out down there probably 20 times and nothing has happened. All of the stories on here are the true "legends" of the place but in reality it is just that. It's just a gravel road out in the middle of Daniel Boone National Forest. Although it is fun to take out of towners down there and freak them out.

United States

#13 Jul 5, 2008
Actually its not a legend my dad has pictures of the church that was there. His friend blew up/set the church on fire because they was doing the worshipping there
pennywise

Waco, KY

#14 Jul 5, 2008
i honestly got the creepiest feeling in my life being down there and I didn't even know it was devil's creek til I got out of there, and brother I got out quick. Dogslaughter is somewhere I go a couple of times a year, nothing scary about it but devil's creek there is something palpable there, something you can't fake.
Spooked

Corbin, KY

#15 Jul 5, 2008
I use to hang out there quite a bit back in the early 90's. We would go down there on full moons and shut off our lights and go flying around the road. The full moon would light it up very well.

The area you are talking about is called Dog Slaughter Falls, there is a water fall down there. I started to walk down to it back in 92 but stopped because there were so many huge hornets in the woods and other freeky things like articles of clothing scattered about.

I've heard strange stories about the place. Some say there is a thing called "birdman", half bird half man. I heard a story of a couple guys parked down there drinking. There car had a vinyl top, and while they were parked in an area, something swooped down and raked across the top of their car. After a couple of times, they got out of there and never spoke to each other until they got home. When they got out of the car, they noticed the top was ripped.

A friend of mine said he was down there hunting once and he heard cars coming down the road, so he hid. He said there was around twenty to thirty cars coming, nice cars that you wouldn't see off of the road like that. They made a turn down into a big field. He said he left as soon as he could, it scared him so bad.

True story, quoted from a guy I know...He was in Dog Slaughter one night driving in his Jeep with a couple of guys. They came upon some people that were off in a ditch in an old car. The people asked him if he had a chain to pull them out. He told them no even though his feet was on one that was in the floor board of the Jeep. He said they were too scary looking and he wanted to just get away from them. The man looked like Charles Manson and the woman had long, straight black hair.

They no sooner had passed them up and his Jeep quit. No lights, no gauges, nothing, it was dead. They were scared to death. He said he had a gun under his seat and put it in his jacket and started walking back out. Unfortunately they had to walk right back by the people they left stranded. He said when they got up to where the people were, the woman looked at him and said, "I prayed that your Jeep would quit." He said he almost crapped on himself.

But yeah, that place is kind of spooky. I heard others say when they were young, which would have been back in the 60's or early 70's that they had seen horses hanging upside down with their heads cut off.

I parked down there a few times late at night and you hear all kinds of weird stuff around you out off on some of those trails that go deep into the woods.
pennywise

Waco, KY

#16 Jul 5, 2008
surely to christ something from this place has made the papers at some time in history, I would like that info please.

Garrettsville, OH

#17 Jul 5, 2008
Ive heard the sotry of birdman many times ripping holes in the cars top my dad swears to it that it happpened. Very creepy place
Headbanger

Hopkinsville, KY

#18 Jul 5, 2008
I had a 3 year affair with the birdman. He is hung like a 6 year old mule.
pennywise

Waco, KY

#19 Jul 7, 2008
bump
RRR123

Somerset, KY

#20 Jul 7, 2008
Can anyone give me a website that has some good ghost stories in..mainly in the state of Kentucky?... or just anywhere..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Irvine 131,619
Elementary basketball (bush) 5 hr Spirt 32
KU Customers! 6 hr techie 2
missing blue heeler HUGE REWARD 11 hr Hurt mother 1
hiking trails in the area 15 hr hikerr 1
obama friend arrested Thu libs always lie 3
Tree Trimming Wed What 4
London Dating
Find my Match

London People Search