Happy Camper

New Albany, IN

#1 Sep 14, 2010
I want to go on record as saying that there are some real jewells in the insurance business, but Farm Bureau is the Crown Jewel of them all.
JasonsPal

Dahlonega, GA

#2 Sep 23, 2010
And Shilohs is the crown jewel of all the restaurants in town...Yum Yum
Melissa

Morehead, KY

#3 Sep 24, 2010
I have a 2006 Chevrolet Malibu and I only pay 56.00 a month. Thats cheaper than state farm.
Walter

Eubank, KY

#4 Sep 24, 2010
Farm Bureau just raised their rates.I know one individual who canceled his vehicle and home insurance and saved over $700 a year by going to another nationally based company.I presently have Farm Bureau but I am looking elsewhere in the coming months when my policys come up for renewal.It would be different if I hide filed claims but I have had no claims in the last 5 years.I know my home insurance just went up over $150 a year.
funny

Richmond, KY

#5 Sep 24, 2010
This is kinds funny because mine actually just went down because of them consolidating your policies into one and just recieving one bill instead of multiple bills. My home owners has been the same for 6 years now so dont see why yours would go up unless you have had multiple claims. With that being said I would not change to some of these other companies for anything because if you do have a claim they are far easier to work with than the others.
Walter wrote:
Farm Bureau just raised their rates.I know one individual who canceled his vehicle and home insurance and saved over $700 a year by going to another nationally based company.I presently have Farm Bureau but I am looking elsewhere in the coming months when my policys come up for renewal.It would be different if I hide filed claims but I have had no claims in the last 5 years.I know my home insurance just went up over $150 a year.
Walter

Eubank, KY

#6 Sep 24, 2010
funny wrote:
This is kinds funny because mine actually just went down because of them consolidating your policies into one and just recieving one bill instead of multiple bills. My home owners has been the same for 6 years now so dont see why yours would go up unless you have had multiple claims. With that being said I would not change to some of these other companies for anything because if you do have a claim they are far easier to work with than the others.<quoted text>
My understanding is they had a rate increase and my neighbor knew this was coming before it actually happened.I have also heard lots of people are leaving FB because of it as well.My neighbors went up somewhere around 10 percent with no claims.I think my increase on my homeowners went up about 15 percent but so far I think my vehicles policy has remained the same.I have had no claims in the last 5 years.You can dang well bet I will be looking around when the time comes again to search for a new company.I have home and vehciles presently insured with FB.
happy with them

Cynthiana, KY

#7 Sep 24, 2010
i like them i just recently shopped for insurance after not having any for a year cause i wrecked my car and they were the easiest to work with and the cheapest by far i found, even with the wreck last year and no insurance since then. state farm acted like it was a big deal i hadnt had insurance when i didnt even have a car i could drive to insure and they wanted over $200 to start a policy, it took 15 miutes and $130 at farm bureau and i pay $95 a month. as far as house insurance goes it going up could have something to do with the age of the house or the wiring in it being too old or even a change in your area oning or location of fire department whatever so ask them bout the raise and they will tell you
I know

Campbellsville, KY

#8 Sep 24, 2010
Walter wrote:
Mine went up $160.00 a year had to drop my deductable lower
Walter

Eubank, KY

#9 Sep 24, 2010
I know wrote:
<quoted text>Mine went up $160.00 a year had to drop my deductable lower
Just wondering if you had any claims recently as a reason for yours to go up? I havent had a claim of any kind in almost 6 years.
I know

Campbellsville, KY

#10 Sep 24, 2010
Walter wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering if you had any claims recently as a reason for yours to go up? I havent had a claim of any kind in almost 6 years.
no claim in 18 years
It Sucks the big one

AOL

#11 Sep 24, 2010
I have Grange. My homeowners went from 1500 a year to over 2400. All because our great elected officials that are looking out for the working class approved a rate increase for them that was record breaking. Check for your selves if you wish.
rip offs

Odessa, TX

#12 Sep 24, 2010
raised our homeowners for no reason ,just said everyone had an increase.went from 789.00 for the year to almost 1,000 a year.i think that's ridiculous.actually changing everything over to shelter insurance ,,a lot better ..
Walter

Eubank, KY

#13 Sep 24, 2010
rip offs wrote:
raised our homeowners for no reason ,just said everyone had an increase.went from 789.00 for the year to almost 1,000 a year.i think that's ridiculous.actually changing everything over to shelter insurance ,,a lot better ..
I was also told there was a general rate increase so I guess it was the truth.Great time for FB insurance company to try to be gouging everyone.I guess I will look around and try to find a new company with a cheaper rate as well.Maybe if enough people leave they will get the message.And another thing you also have to pay that $25 yearly membership fee each year which is another way for them to get money out of you without any real benefit.Thanks for tip about Shelter Insurance.
Walter

Eubank, KY

#14 Sep 24, 2010
happy with them wrote:
i like them i just recently shopped for insurance after not having any for a year cause i wrecked my car and they were the easiest to work with and the cheapest by far i found, even with the wreck last year and no insurance since then. state farm acted like it was a big deal i hadnt had insurance when i didnt even have a car i could drive to insure and they wanted over $200 to start a policy, it took 15 miutes and $130 at farm bureau and i pay $95 a month. as far as house insurance goes it going up could have something to do with the age of the house or the wiring in it being too old or even a change in your area oning or location of fire department whatever so ask them bout the raise and they will tell you
No reason for the increase.My home is brick and is only about 15 yrs. old so home age and/or wiring suggestion doesnt apply.The fire department that services my area is still there.All it amounts to is FB is gouging their customers.
happy with them

Cynthiana, KY

#15 Sep 25, 2010
WELL WHEN I WENT TO GET HOUSE INSURANCE YEARS AGO ON AN OLDER HOUSE THEY SAID IF YOUR ELECTRICAL WIRING WAS MORE THAN 20YRS OLD IT WOULD COST MORE TO INSURE,I GUESS GREATER RISK OF FIRE, MAYBE YOUR HOUSE IS NEARING THAT MARK? JUST A SUGGESTION, SOMETHING TO LOOK INTO
redwhiteandblue

Perryville, AR

#16 Sep 25, 2010
try steve berry in corbin at ky farm bureau or try phil mcdonald at state farm best two places

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min Chalupa Batgirl 167,777
A new hope for this area 30 min Jabba The Mutt 6
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 3 hr Lol 9,557
Thomas j 6 hr kate 1
Legacy Nissan of London 7 hr blue skies 3
Wrecking yards??? 9 hr Rere 4
Farmers Market 12 hr Wondering 1

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages