why cant I

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

Why is it so hard to get into East Bernstadt School? I have tried to get my kid in and have always been turned away, and then I hear of kids getting in that lives futher out than we do. So tell me what is the secret to getting in.
Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

It's a great school if you can get in.
winnie the pooh

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Why would you want to go there poor kids I know by a few upset moms that the school is awful and has pull the kids out to go to north you really need to do some research before you make a big mistake.

“Let's see what's goin' on.”

Since: Aug 07

East Bernstadt, ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

I don't think that I agree with you at all. I know that it has changed over the years but what school hasn't? My preschooler will start school there this year. As for those who have pulled their kids from their, I would say you can match the same amount from other schools. Each child and each situation is different. So don't pick on any individual school before looking at all the facts. You are most definately right to be sure to research where you send your child to. I went there from Kindergarden to 8th grade and cherish and value my time there. Not only did I learn great academic lessons, I made life long friendships and grasped a better understanding of life lessons. So please do research each choice. And please be careful at how you word your posts. There is much good to be said about each school in our county.
winnie the pooh wrote:
Why would you want to go there poor kids I know by a few upset moms that the school is awful and has pull the kids out to go to north you really need to do some research before you make a big mistake.
supporter

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

EB schools are very good places for students to be. Far superior to Laurel co schools for that matter. Mr Radford deserves a lot of credit for how EB operates. Staff actually gets along there !!! LOL
KeLnBen

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

I went to East Bernstadt from 5th-8th grade, and i think it is one of the best schools to go to. I have an 11 month old daughter now and there is no other school that she will be going to than East Bernstadt. As an eight grader, i got to go to Kings Island, and in 7th grade to Mammoth Cave. As a senior at North Laurel High School, Seniors got to go to the bowling alley and the movies AND we had to pay our own ways in. That is pathetic. But then again i had the WORST principal, Jimmy Durham. So, i had a blast at East Bernstadt. The teachers actually care. which is hard to find. It is a hard school to get into though, but it is totally worth it if you can get in!!

“Let's see what's goin' on.”

Since: Aug 07

East Bernstadt, ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

why cant I wrote:
Why is it so hard to get into East Bernstadt School? I have tried to get my kid in and have always been turned away, and then I hear of kids getting in that lives futher out than we do. So tell me what is the secret to getting in.
One reason for it being sooo hard to get into is because there are so many applicants for there. If you cannot get in, I would recommend Hazel Green. They have improved so much over the years. A good way of getting in to E.B. is to be sure to go the first day of sign-ups.
Her Favorite

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

My daughter started out her Kindergarten year at Sublimity but in the middle of the school year we built a house in Pittsburg and moved so she had to transfer over to East Bernstadt. I was scared to death for her since she was leaving all her old friends that she had made and was having to make new ones all over again. But I was so relieved when she told me that she LOVES East Bernstadt and that she likes it more than Sublimity. She told me she doesn't want to go to any other school but East Bernstadt. I absolutely love that E.B. has sports, dance & cheerleading starting with 1st graders. WOW! What Laurel Co. school does that? None until you get into the middle school.
kelsey

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2009

East Bernstadt is amazing, I went there from preschool to 8th grade where i recently graduated. its amazing.and ill miss it more than anything. i dotn care what anyone says. its one of the best schools around. the teachers care about you and they get involved unlike other teachers at schools who pick favrotire and crap... we dotn have funding like north does. but that only makes us work harder, i think eb wil continue to grow as a better school. just wait and see. i really wish it had a highscool. i would go in a heartbeat.
big nn90

Viper, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

east bernstadt amazin umm lay off the dope it is far from awsome u got a buger eatin pricipal that will tell u one thing n do the opposite n personaly ur middle school needs to grow up they jump the kids n then do the same u dont provoke a middle school kid n expect them to not say nothin n then right them up act dumb jumpin up and down n freak out when a kid does something that school went to hell after miss elliot left best teacher i ever had n i mean the school keeps goin down i mean elementry is great the middle school is pathedic teachers need to grow up u got mrs baily n mr storm n i didnt like him but as hard as it is to say but i think it would get way better if u got rid bugar eater n idk i mean n ur 2 faced 4 eyed dummy n idk i think the preachers wife at the school needs to read her bible n learn sum things on how to treat kids
ebpride

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2010

big nn90 wrote:
east bernstadt amazin umm lay off the dope it is far from awsome u got a buger eatin pricipal that will tell u one thing n do the opposite n personaly ur middle school needs to grow up they jump the kids n then do the same u dont provoke a middle school kid n expect them to not say nothin n then right them up act dumb jumpin up and down n freak out when a kid does something that school went to hell after miss elliot left best teacher i ever had n i mean the school keeps goin down i mean elementry is great the middle school is pathedic teachers need to grow up u got mrs baily n mr storm n i didnt like him but as hard as it is to say but i think it would get way better if u got rid bugar eater n idk i mean n ur 2 faced 4 eyed dummy n idk i think the preachers wife at the school needs to read her bible n learn sum things on how to treat kids
well,ur just a slut who needs to learn to spell :)i love eb!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

99 Users are viewing the London Forum right now

Search the London Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min wondering 144,650
bush was right about wmd (May '10) 34 min ___Jenny___ 32
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 55 min SNYB 127,847
Gas prices rise to 6 year high . 1 hr ___Jenny___ 49
Times Are Getting Bad, We're Losing More Freedoms 1 hr Jammer 186
Land contract 1 hr Jammer 10
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Hillbilly 26,165
•••
•••
•••
•••

London Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••