wondering

Hazard, KY

#1 Jun 13, 2012
what is travel ball? Can all children of age sighn up?
caravan

London, KY

#2 Jun 13, 2012
Travel ball is where teams go to different towns, etc., and compete in tournaments. No, you can't sign up, you have to be drafted (picked) by the coaches of the teams. You can recommend a player to a coach or team member .If the player is good enough, they ask them to join their team.
OtherWays

London, KY

#3 Jun 13, 2012
It's not very hard to do, if you have money, or 10-12 kids whose parents are willing to pay. You'll need matching hats, shirts, pants... 20-30 bucks a player, depending on how nice you need uniforms. If you play USSSA sanctioned baseball, you will need insurance for your team, usually about $100 for a season, you can buy it from USSSA's website. That's all you need, and a strong desire for your kid's to succeed.
percy

London, KY

#4 Jun 13, 2012
I think at that age it's to young but that's just my opinion. Depends on if you know the adults involved also. U can never be to safe when it comes to your kids. Check it out & see how you feel after you meet the people your kids would be traveling with? Just a thought.
caravan

London, KY

#5 Jun 13, 2012
percy wrote:
I think at that age it's to young but that's just my opinion. Depends on if you know the adults involved also. U can never be to safe when it comes to your kids. Check it out & see how you feel after you meet the people your kids would be traveling with? Just a thought.
I don't think an age was mentioned. The "10-12" was meant as the number of players. Also, almost every game is one that the whole family goes to. At most it might be an overnight stay. Very few kids travel without a family member. This day and age you can't leave your children in anyones care, and feel safe about it. That's a sad thing ! But very true.
Begley

Sikeston, MO

#6 Jun 13, 2012
Laurel County has travel tee ball teams up to high school ages. Even the high school players play travel ball for teams such as KBC which cost a few grand each year. You can spend a little or a lot on travel teams and usually teams host a try out during the fall or early spring.

Can anyone name all the boys travel teams in the area?
baseball

Somerset, KY

#7 Jun 13, 2012
tri county,sliders,heat,express,hi tmen,london strike,there are alot more but there are a few i can think of right now
Nancy

Sikeston, MO

#8 Jun 13, 2012
London teams By age...7Bombers, 8Bats, 9Express, 10Hitmen, 11Sliders, 11Strike, 11Cutters, 12Heat, 12TriCounty

I think the sliders are strictly travel and express is a top team in ky. Majority play LL on all these teams which is good.
just asking

London, KY

#9 Jun 14, 2012
Does the Optimist Club have a fall ball program for children of all ages (little league)?
baseball

East Bernstadt, KY

#10 Jun 14, 2012
optimist does not have baseball
caravan

London, KY

#11 Jun 14, 2012
Here is a list of people that can give you all the info. you need about L L ball. They should be listed in the phone book. Hope this helps.

2012 North Laurel Little League Board Members

John Allen, President
Rodney Eversole, Vice President of Baseball
Shane Brewer, Vice President of Softball
Melinda Bowling, Player Agent/Secretary
Recil Jones, Player Agent
Buffy Nichols, Treasurer
Jason VanHook, Safety Officer
Steve Foley
Christie Foley
James Brooks
Kevin Houston
Rob Baldwin
Chris Edwards ( I know Chris coaches a L L team )
Jim Ed McDaniel
Doug Gregory
Dean Gray
Wes Griebel
Ben Miller
Greg Binder

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min K alton 166,295
trump 43 min Robert jones 10
Swingers club in or near London 3 hr needle nose 1
great wall 5 hr neveragain 8
game of thrones spoiler 7 hr spoiler 1
Ricky smallwood wrecked on 192 10 hr Jim 5
Hot gals at sav-a lot 11 hr Lil red wagon 5

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages