Best Athlete Ever from Laurel County?
Some more

Richmond, KY

#322 Oct 11, 2008
What about Jimmy Huffman and David Laboure? They were amazing!! Both were awesome at soccer and went to state in track many times!!! They are talented young men! Also some more great soccer players from recent years: Andy Johnson, Whitney Reed, Courtney and Casey Hamm. They were all really gifted!
Played with

Toccoa, GA

#323 Oct 12, 2008
I played with Kevin Riley in football and basketball. He also ran track at laurel county and held records in track. At football with his size at 150# he played lb and cb, he was their second leading tackler. Does anyone know if his record has been broken in track and iff so by whom.
LOL

London, KY

#324 Oct 13, 2008
Who cares about Track and soccer...That's not a real sports.

We're talking basketball, baseball, football.
Best of the Best

London, KY

#325 Oct 13, 2008
Would have to be Adrain Wardrup
played with

Toccoa, GA

#326 Oct 13, 2008
It only according to how you look at it, just because you dont like those sports LOL, doesnt mean nobody else does. Do you even know the object of the games.
who

Brooklyn, NY

#327 Oct 14, 2008
No doubt wrote:
<quoted text>fyi anybody that knows Josh knows that he looks just like his mother.
Who is Kelly Smith? Did she used to be a Ramsey?
haha

Brooklyn, NY

#328 Oct 14, 2008
Wondering wrote:
What about Crystal McClenney, she was really good at basketball and played other sports too. I think even still hold a few records.
HAHA Crystal McClenney! Did she ever get off the bus?
Retired Librarian

Winchester, KY

#329 Oct 14, 2008
Where would you rank the Kurtzinger kid? I believe he graduated around '96. I watched him play some, seemed to always go all out!
windy

London, KY

#330 Oct 16, 2008
If Ricky Bowling breaks the other part of Tim Couch's record, I guess that wound be the tds right, Would he then rank as the best of the best in the best athelete in Laurel County or would it be the state.
silly girl

Hazard, KY

#331 Oct 16, 2008
Mikie Roberts is a better player when it comes to women--and I do mean playerrr
JLb

Grand Rapids, MI

#332 Oct 22, 2008
bennie wyatt
82 grad

London, KY

#333 Oct 22, 2008
Has no one mentioned Paul Andrews? He was phenomenal in all 3 sports but, stopped football and baseball his freshman year to concentrate on basketball. Baseball was probably his best sport.
Jjj

Richmond, KY

#334 Oct 22, 2008
James McVay
yeah

Corbin, KY

#335 Oct 22, 2008
dkdkadkfk wrote:
<quoted text> Ok emily gaines is not a great hitter. when north played south in the region finals emily couldnt even touch abby sears. either struck out or hit a pop up, personally i think rachel akins and abby sears a phonominal hitters as well as players. emily gaines has nothing on them. she is only good at hitting slow or medium pitching.
mmk, this is pointless.. emily is an amazing player!
lllm

East Bernstadt, KY

#336 Oct 22, 2008
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
mmk, this is pointless.. emily is an amazing player!
Yea ok whatever. She maybe alright but shes not the best
some guy-laurel ounty

Lexington, KY

#337 Jan 7, 2009
darren mcwhorter was the BEST athlete from laruel couty
BIG

Lexington, KY

#338 Jan 8, 2009
some guy-laurel ounty wrote:
darren mcwhorter was the BEST athlete from laruel couty
He was one of them, no doubt! On defense in football, I never saw anyone so far that could out hit him, when you were taclked by him, you knew you were tackled. His stats in college were good as well.
LadyBallers

Louisville, KY

#339 Jan 8, 2009
Sarah Crook- NL BBall n Softball
Courtney Payne- NL BBall
Sunny Watkins- NL BBall
Holly Wilder- SL Track and BBall
Jennifer Baker- NL Softball
Ali Ray- NL Softball
Sara Hawkins- SL Softball
Sarah Hughes- NL BBall
Amanda Arthur- SL Softball and BBall

These are some recent ladies that everyone seems to have forgotten!
KY EDITOR

Mount Sherman, KY

#340 Jan 30, 2009
I don't know about any of you guys but when I think about "ATHLETES" I always think about the Sizemores. Nobody has mentioned Johnathan and Ashley Sizemore (these two we're dominate at the positions they played throughout high school, their dad was Donnie). Lets not forget my favorite group of brothers Travis, Jesse, and Kyle Sizemore (these guys are FREAKS OF NATURE) BBEEAASSTT!! Ask anyone that has played against them, they have an ability to do anything. My hats off to these guys, they always seem to go under the radar.
Newsom

London, KY

#341 Jan 30, 2009
top wrote:
Did anyone ever hear where Ty Proffitt is going to
play ball at?
heard he dropped out of notre dame, i was wondering where he went to. Eastern?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 min chinwendu1 142,301
Political Statement, "You can't rape your wife." 1 min iThink 6
james hooker. heating and air (Apr '11) 1 hr anon 18
gop to win ky gov race 2 hr the one 7
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 3 hr want to know 1,223
We're Back In The News ..... Again. 3 hr ___Jenny___ 91
If you need a suit, forget London 7 hr Secretary 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages