a concerned mom

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

My children have to walk 4 tenths of a mile to get to the bus stop everyday. We asked if could be picked up due to wild animal dangers,weather, pedifiles on this road. They came out and said yeah they qualify for a bus pick up. They came out in October a week before halloween poured out rock ,told us to give it a few days to let it settle so they can see what else needs to be done. Well I have called numerous times to the bus garage it is now going to be January I think they are just waiting for my kids to be attacked by wild animals or kid napped. They mention it to the bus driver she just laughs at them and says it isn't gonna happen. Bus Garage keeps saying they will get out but they are busy and can't make a drive down here most of my phone calls to them. This last one round 3 week ago he said they drove out and it needs more work they will get to it as soon as possible. WELL YOU ALL HAVE WEEKENDS OFF AND WAS OFF SOME OF CHRISTMAS SHUT DOWN. I need to know what I need to do now like what attorny to go to , who do I need to talk to that cares enough about making it safe for my children. I am a single mother and I work 7 days a week . I don't want to worry about my children and their walk to bus stop. People have seen bears down this way, someone told me there neighbor took picture of mountain lion in field just couple miles away, we are over ran with coyote, not including all the perverts and druggies around this place so please someone give me some info.
a concerned mom

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

please
a mom 2

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

a concerned mom wrote:
My children have to walk 4 tenths of a mile to get to the bus stop everyday. We asked if could be picked up due to wild animal dangers,weather, pedifiles on this road. They came out and said yeah they qualify for a bus pick up. They came out in October a week before halloween poured out rock ,told us to give it a few days to let it settle so they can see what else needs to be done. Well I have called numerous times to the bus garage it is now going to be January I think they are just waiting for my kids to be attacked by wild animals or kid napped. They mention it to the bus driver she just laughs at them and says it isn't gonna happen. Bus Garage keeps saying they will get out but they are busy and can't make a drive down here most of my phone calls to them. This last one round 3 week ago he said they drove out and it needs more work they will get to it as soon as possible. WELL YOU ALL HAVE WEEKENDS OFF AND WAS OFF SOME OF CHRISTMAS SHUT DOWN. I need to know what I need to do now like what attorny to go to , who do I need to talk to that cares enough about making it safe for my children. I am a single mother and I work 7 days a week . I don't want to worry about my children and their walk to bus stop. People have seen bears down this way, someone told me there neighbor took picture of mountain lion in field just couple miles away, we are over ran with coyote, not including all the perverts and druggies around this place so please someone give me some info.
Try calling the superintendent of schools. If you can't talk to him, try and talk to one of the school board members. I would keep calling the BOE office until I got someone to listen to me and do something about it.
this worked for some

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Got to the school and tell the principal that your kids will not be in school until they can be safely picked up as PROMISED. Tell them to call you and let you know when the bus will start picking them up in front of your house but until then you WILL NOT risk the safety of your kids by having them walk to the stop. Stick by your words and I am guessing they will fix the problem pretty quickly.
Channel

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

a concerned mom wrote:
please
Call or go see the road dept.they are responsible for getting the road in shape,not the school,talk to the county judge,you won't need a lawyer,but you are going after the wrong ones,your magistrate might could help.
a concerned mom

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Noah Baker came down with the Bus garage man I think his name is Claude ( thats what bus garage told me anyways) I'm getting a run around. If I don't send my kids to school they will put me in jail because its important for them to get the money they get per student then it is making sure they are safe. If I didn't have to work I would just home school them. The turn around they made is perfectly fine if anything needs to be done would be add a little more gravel the road itself has nothing wrong it. I was told what the bus driver says pretty much goes so I wonder whats up there. I've known that driver since I was a child played softball and went to school with her kids I figured she would want to make sure my kids was safe.
lusciouslips

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

if there's wild animals out where you live then why would you even have your kids walk to the bus stop if you think they would get attacked. you need to have your butt out in your car waiting for that bus to come anyway because like you stated there's child molesters on your road--get off your butt,start that car and wait like some of these other parents have to wait or better yet TAKE THEM TO SCHOOL.
lusciouslips

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

all you people want to do is run to the board everytime nothing goes your way. i would hate to listen to your mouth if kids had to walk to school like they did back in the good ole days. thats whats wrong with your parents is the school system has spoiled your asses.
get over it lady

Brodhead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

lusciouslips wrote:
if there's wild animals out where you live then why would you even have your kids walk to the bus stop if you think they would get attacked. you need to have your butt out in your car waiting for that bus to come anyway because like you stated there's child molesters on your road--get off your butt,start that car and wait like some of these other parents have to wait or better yet TAKE THEM TO SCHOOL.
...I don't think her main concern is her child's education...she stated above that if her children didn't go to school, she would go to jail...that kind of speaks for itself...I'd almost bet my arse she lives in a trailer.
get over it lady

Brodhead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

a concerned mom wrote:
If I don't send my kids to school they will put me in jail because its important for them to get the money they get per student then it is making sure they are safe.
...enough said!
a mom 2

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

lusciouslips wrote:
Well, here we go again, knocking someone without reading all of whats been posted. I guess you didn't read the part of her post that said she is a single mom who works 7 days a week. If she had time to drive her kids down to the bus stop she could probably just drive them on down to the school house and not have to worry about a bus. I know what its like to be a single mom and have to go to work before the kids leave for school. Walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you're so quick to judge.
concerned mom

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

get over it lady wrote:
<quoted text>
...I don't think her main concern is her child's education...she stated above that if her children didn't go to school, she would go to jail...that kind of speaks for itself...I'd almost bet my arse she lives in a trailer.
No I don't live in a trailer, I live in a pretty good sized house and I work 7 days a week at a job i've been at for 10 years. I have to leave for work a few minutes b4 they have to leave for school. With all the druggies and home invasions and theiving going around I don't want my kids home alone for 9 to 12 hours. Not every woman that is a single mom lives in a trailer you Jack Wagon I do not drawl welfare of any kind and haven't, I get little over 200 child support for more than 2 children 4 to 6 times a year so even if I did live in a trailer it wouldn't matter. I'm doing it on my own, I'm not on any kind of meds. So how bout you can you say you work , 7 days a week at same job for over 10 years , live in a big nice house,not on any meds, no welfare and a single female parent of more than 2 kids.
concerned mom

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

lusciouslips wrote:
I have to work to support my children not everyone is privilaged to sit at home or to have a job starting after school hours or have a husband that pays or helps with the bills. Why doesn't the school system do what they are suppose to I pay taxes and have worked 19 yrs of my life paying those taxes and paying in for those on welfare that sit at home doing nothing or have lower paying job than me on welfare.
concerned mom

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

lusciouslips wrote:
all you people want to do is run to the board everytime nothing goes your way. i would hate to listen to your mouth if kids had to walk to school like they did back in the good ole days. thats whats wrong with your parents is the school system has spoiled your asses.
you are clueless, and yes if I was a stay at home mom like I said I would be home schooling my children, my children know I must work I have no one or thing but me supporting my kids but me
Old Man

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

At least most trailers are paid for. Houses= lots of payments. Just cause you live in a trailer don't mean a thing. I've seen some that for sure look better than some these outhouses in this county. For sure, For sure. Some of these houses around here should have condemned on the door. It's not the size of the package anyway, it's whats inside trailer hater.
Tax payer

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

This is laurel co school system you will get a run around. Try the super. If not contact Frankfort. All they are worried about here is tax money. Good luck let us know how it goes
concerned mom

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Old Man wrote:
At least most trailers are paid for. Houses= lots of payments. Just cause you live in a trailer don't mean a thing. I've seen some that for sure look better than some these outhouses in this county. For sure, For sure. Some of these houses around here should have condemned on the door. It's not the size of the package anyway, it's whats inside trailer hater.
lol I'm definitly not a trailor hater , like I said it wouldn't matter if I did live in trailor and your right I was raised in a trailor and poor . My parents gave us what they could material wise but we had tons of love and good memories. Ive had to work full time job since age 16 I didn't get everything handed to me. My concern is my kids safety and the lazy tails in our school system . It ran all over me when someone said get up and take them to bus or school. I've work anywere from 40 to 80 hrs a week for over ten years at the job I'm at I'm in my mid thirties and feel like I'm in my 60s . But I am all my kids have and they are all I have and I work for them and everyone on welfare. Not downing anyone on welfare that truely needs it but we support alot of people that use and abuse it. Then we pay school taxes and it kills them to take a hr or two out of one week to make my kids safe and keep them from walking in rain or freezing weather. I hope I've not said anything that offended you and if I did I sencerely appologize .
Wonders

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Well said!
a mom 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, here we go again, knocking someone without reading all of whats been posted. I guess you didn't read the part of her post that said she is a single mom who works 7 days a week. If she had time to drive her kids down to the bus stop she could probably just drive them on down to the school house and not have to worry about a bus. I know what its like to be a single mom and have to go to work before the kids leave for school. Walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you're so quick to judge.
Wonders

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

You tell em! What has living in a trailer got to do with any of this??? The lady works and pays her and her own kids way in life...give her a break! The school system should do their jobs and make sure the kids are picked up and brought back safe and sound! That is her kids rights!!!
Old Man wrote:
Move

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

If you live by a bunch of pedifilers then I suggest you move before they molest your kids, screw the wild animals, I would worry more about the freaks watching my kids waiting to snatch and kill the and who knows what else.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

104 Users are viewing the London Forum right now

Search the London Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min curious 122,775
Feds Back Down From Bundy Siege 31 min Billy 189
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 50 min conservative crapola 138,685
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Hum 81,201
Glasses from Kentucky Eye Institue 1 hr Info 1
One Word Thread (Jul '10) 1 hr Wabbit 2,442
Judge Lawson Vs Stephen Jones who will you vote... 2 hr Vote Mar 41
Government defiance 2 hr S-F-I 43
•••
•••
•••
London Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••