Murdermount/Marymount/St. Joseph Lond...

Murdermount/Marymount/St. Joseph London Law Suit again

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
sorry

South Fulton, TN

#1 Sep 29, 2011
Murdermount oh I mean St. Joseph London is in a lawsuit again. Doing too many heart caths. They got to pay for those new buildings somehow.
london-er

London, KY

#2 Sep 29, 2011
did you see that lawyers add in the newspaper, calling for all patients of a list of cardiologist to contact them? This law suit is going to be huge. I hate to think that hundreds of people had heart caths and surgeries that were not needed. I think these doctors come in this area and take advantage of the local people. We were all taught to trust what our doctors told us and think that they would not cause us harm. Its just terrible.
sorry

South Fulton, TN

#3 Sep 29, 2011
yeah the one doctor that was doing it all is not there any more but the hospital should also be held responsible. I hope they take them to the cleaners. They had to pay for those two new hospitals no matter at what cost to patient's. See they really care about their patient's.
mom

United States

#4 Sep 29, 2011
they are doing more procedures because everyone is 'sue happy' it's called CYA....and the insurance companies aren't going to pay for all of these procedures that aren't medically necessary...they want to make money not spend it
my thoughts

London, KY

#5 Sep 29, 2011
one person has something happen to them so the lawyers try to get others to join the bandwagon and sue! if you noice there is always lawyers advertising if you took this drug or that drug and something happened to you call them they are the trouble makers if you ask me!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6 Sep 29, 2011
You both are right. If a Doc or medical worker doesn't CYA then they are going to get sued. If they do then they are going to get sued. And the whole basis for this lawsuit is because someone had another Doc tell them they didn't think it was all necessary. I'll bet anything that if they had that Doc first and then died because of a heart condition he didn't think need surgery then he would be sued. People around here just like to feel persecuted and picked on. And most of them are looking for a fast buck.
ask

London, KY

#7 Sep 29, 2011
london-er wrote:
did you see that lawyers add in the newspaper, calling for all patients of a list of cardiologist to contact them? This law suit is going to be huge. I hate to think that hundreds of people had heart caths and surgeries that were not needed. I think these doctors come in this area and take advantage of the local people. We were all taught to trust what our doctors told us and think that they would not cause us harm. Its just terrible.
didnt see what exactly did it say?
last thing if you have

Manchester, KY

#8 Sep 29, 2011
open heart surgery is the last thing you want done to you if you have ever had it done you know what i am talking about.i had it done, it saved my life as i was in bad shape i would have been dead if i had waited on marymount to have done it. i was shipped to lex. St. Joe and they did triple by pass there, but i hope i never have to go through that kind of surgery again never.
redneckgirl72

Mount Vernon, KY

#9 Sep 29, 2011
Well I can you one thing my daddy went in there for trouble breathing. and he was in 1 month my daddy was not in to bad shape by the time we got him to UK my dad was near death. The doctors tried everything for my daddy and the doctors at UK said that St Joseph had killed my daddy he passed after being in the hospital 2 month. St Joseph's had done so much damage to my daddy they could fix it. I HATE ST.JOSPHES Hospital I wouldn't take my worst enemy there wish the would fire all those foreingers and put real American doctors in there London is the only place where they are. There sure ain't in Somerset or Lexignton
redneckgirl72

Mount Vernon, KY

#10 Sep 29, 2011
Well I can tell you one thing my daddy went in there for trouble breathing. and he was in 1 month my daddy was not in to bad shape by the time we got him to UK my dad was near death. The doctors tried everything for my daddy and the doctors at UK said that St Joseph had killed my daddy he passed after being in the hospital 2 month. St Joseph's had done so much damage to my daddy they couldn't fix it. I HATE ST.JOSPHES Hospital I wouldn't take my worst enemy there wish the would fire all those foreingers and put real American doctors in there London is the only place where they are. There sure ain't in Somerset or Lexignton
sorry

South Fulton, TN

#11 Sep 30, 2011
sorry about your dad, I wouldnt take my worse enemy there either.
Use Ur Brain

Flemingsburg, KY

#12 Oct 1, 2011
People, you have to use a little common sense when a doctor tells you that you need a certain procedure or medicine. If it doesn't seem right to you get a second opinion or even a third opinion. Doctors are not gods. You do not have to obey everything they say. I don't see how you can hold the hospital responsible for how many surgeries that a doctor does. I think you are on the wrong track there. However, I would like to know why so many local doctors do no use the Saint Joseph's facility.
workers

London, KY

#13 Oct 1, 2011
Use Ur Brain wrote:
People, you have to use a little common sense when a doctor tells you that you need a certain procedure or medicine. If it doesn't seem right to you get a second opinion or even a third opinion. Doctors are not gods. You do not have to obey everything they say. I don't see how you can hold the hospital responsible for how many surgeries that a doctor does. I think you are on the wrong track there. However, I would like to know why so many local doctors do no use the Saint Joseph's facility.
1)Many older people were taught to respect authority(doctors, ect) and you can't change their minds until they personally know somebody that has died at the hands of incompetence. Many times they use what the facilty offers due to their age, convenience and money.

2)They have always allowed foriegn people to
come in and run over staff, patients ect. They have no back bone...it carries over from the boytoy administrator and incompetent Don they had for over 25 yrs..EVERYBODY KNEW TOO MUCH ON EACH OTHER and were taught to brown nose and keep quiet.

3)Marymount will always be murdermount until the core people that's been there so long retires or dies. They hire their relatives, friends ect. Then you'll have to deal with the same attitudes with them. A total house sweep with outside new workers would be the only way to get rid of them but it will always have that reputation due to Donald Harvey.

4)They don't care about the patient, they consider them customers.

5)I would not take my pet hamster there. The thoughts of waking up there scares me to death, it's in my will to stablize me as best possible and take me on down the road in case of an emergency and I'm not conscious!
meeeee

United States

#14 Oct 1, 2011
some complaint brought you to the hospital in the first place so something was wrong. Its not like they are stopping people on the street and telling them they need a heart cath. Would you feel better if you went in complaining about chest pain and they didnt check to make sure nothing was wrong?
Just Me

Dyer, TN

#15 Oct 1, 2011
redneckgirl72 wrote:
Well I can tell you one thing my daddy went in there for trouble breathing. and he was in 1 month my daddy was not in to bad shape by the time we got him to UK my dad was near death. The doctors tried everything for my daddy and the doctors at UK said that St Joseph had killed my daddy he passed after being in the hospital 2 month. St Joseph's had done so much damage to my daddy they couldn't fix it. I HATE ST.JOSPHES Hospital I wouldn't take my worst enemy there wish the would fire all those foreingers and put real American doctors in there London is the only place where they are. There sure ain't in Somerset or Lexignton
I agree, I lost my father in exactly the same way. UK tried but couldn't save him.
when you are having one

Vilonia, AR

#16 Oct 1, 2011
when you are having a heart attack you want care who tries to fix you, you want the pain to stop then do what ever it takes to save your life. when it comes down to it that is what you want: for the hosptial to save your life at all cost:
Nurse

Annville, KY

#17 Oct 1, 2011
If you don't like the hospital, don't come there. I can tell you that most of us work very hard to fix and save our patients. We go without breaks and lunches so that they don't go without at all. Some of us go home exhausted and in tears. Its hard. And theres no appreciation in it.
Why don't we have local docs? Look at their records. Most of them have some legal issues. That prevents them from working with us. Others just don't want the caseload. Clinic all day, on call for us all night. Its rough. And most of our docs, regardless of where they are from, are very competent.
Old Laurel

Dyer, TN

#18 Oct 1, 2011
Nurse wrote:
If you don't like the hospital, don't come there. I can tell you that most of us work very hard to fix and save our patients. We go without breaks and lunches so that they don't go without at all. Some of us go home exhausted and in tears. Its hard. And theres no appreciation in it.
Why don't we have local docs? Look at their records. Most of them have some legal issues. That prevents them from working with us. Others just don't want the caseload. Clinic all day, on call for us all night. Its rough. And most of our docs, regardless of where they are from, are very competent.
If that's the case then, SJ is in serious need of more doctors and nurses. They are operating without sufficient personnel.
redneckgirl72

Somerset, KY

#19 Oct 1, 2011
I think Laurel County People should go somewhere else and don't mess with hospital. cause if you do make sure your life insurance is up to date and go ahead and plan your funeral. Cause the doctors down here would not send what they did to my dad to UK and the doctors up there was mad. They told my family that St. Joseph must have something to hide cause why would they do this?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#20 Oct 1, 2011
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I lost my father in exactly the same way. UK tried but couldn't save him.
By my count that makes UK 0 for 2....so football is not the only thing they suck at.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
uk football sux 8 min Ricky Bobby 3
When is chicken festival 11 min DonnieH 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 17 min another viewer 167,940
Legacy Nissan of London 23 min London kroger 12
ladonna roark (Sep '10) 30 min London kroger 10
A new hope for this area 37 min Not from here 9
ca poverty rate nations highest 1 hr Jerry b 5

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages