North Laurel High School

North Laurel High School

Posted in the London Forum

Since: Sep 07

London, KY

#1 Oct 13, 2007
Hey, im always reading about negitive tings on here so I decided to post something positive. The new principle an North Laurel (Mike Black) is doing a great job with our kids. I think they finally got it right when they gave him the position. He is very supportive of all activities (unlike others in the past) and he really wants to make a difference. I have seen this personaly and just wanted to give him some due respect.
rollin eyes

AOL

#2 Oct 13, 2007
yes ive worked at NLHS and I have gotten the chance to see him in action. He is a first class act.
yup

Cynthiana, KY

#3 Oct 14, 2007
I agree, Class Act, pun intended. Mike Black is a great person, leader, role model, etc.
Chess man

Winchester, KY

#5 Oct 21, 2007
Any principal would be better than the uneducated guy they had before. Must be nice to hire yourself as althetic director when you can't handle being a principal.

Since: Sep 07

Liberty, KY

#6 Oct 22, 2007
Chess man wrote:
Any principal would be better than the uneducated guy they had before. Must be nice to hire yourself as althetic director when you can't handle being a principal.
LOL, Good observation.
North Laureler

Winchester, KY

#7 Oct 23, 2007
I never thought of it that way Chess man but you're right. It seems no one really cares what goes on on the North side. The south side keeps all the attention their way. We are treated like red headed step children otherwise, someone would have noticed Durham hired himself. All I can say is,that's sweet. Must be nice to be best buds with Doug Phelps! It makes me sick to my stomach, have you ever talked with Durham? He can barely speak back. He doesn't have a clue about running any education program. He definitely needs someone to have his back. It is so obvious though,I would be ashamed. Mr. Young can't keep this quiet!
twodogs

AOL

#8 Oct 23, 2007
Who is Durham? Are you talking about Jimmy
WATCH DOG

Cleveland, GA

#9 Oct 23, 2007
Seems the school is run by our police department.
North Laureler

Winchester, KY

#10 Oct 23, 2007
Sad isn't it?
Toni

Somerset, KY

#11 Oct 24, 2007
In defense of the guy (JD) who was the principal at NL --- everyone knew that he did not EVER want the principal job to begin with--he always dreamed of being the AD and anyone who had ever had any dealings with him, knew (whether they liked him or not) that he would be excellent in that position. He was pressured to applying for and accepting the principals position for reasons I can't explain. Having said that, however, I must say that it sure was impressive to see those test scores that were made during his reign --I realize , of course, that he wasn't responsible for those scores improving, and he will certainly not take credit for them, but in this big game of KERA , that sure did look good on him!!
192 Driver

Somerset, KY

#12 Oct 25, 2007
I heard there was a fight at NLHS
Nice one

Winchester, KY

#13 Oct 30, 2007
Isn't it sad all the stuff they try to keep from the public? Best of luck to any Laurel county teaching staffs.It is such a hard job when losing your job is the threat hanging over your head each day,especially if they don't like you or your family isn't political enough for them to get something back for themselves.
Good Luck

London, KY

#14 Apr 15, 2008
I wish NLHS good luck on the CATS test
supermom

Manchester, KY

#15 Apr 15, 2008
I for one wish all the students the best during testing. We have a Child there and I know its a stressing time. We all want them to do the best, And I think the Teachers and staff are the best!
Good Luck

London, KY

#16 Apr 16, 2008
I think they are trying to do the right thing with the students they have.
educator

Corbin, KY

#17 Apr 17, 2008
Good Luck wrote:
That's not nice!!! "Trying to do the best with the students that they have?" North students are just as smart as any other kids--Laurel County is doing the job--don't sell kids short because they go to one school or the other.
northlaurelfan

London, KY

#18 May 5, 2008
educator wrote:
<quoted text>That's not nice!!! "Trying to do the best with the students that they have?" North students are just as smart as any other kids--Laurel County is doing the job--don't sell kids short because they go to one school or the other.
thank you..i agree..i attend north laurel and we are just as good as any other students at any other school..people talk down about us just because our sports had a downfall for a little while.souths kids are no better than us..they get all the attetion but nobody knows what goes on inside that school.so i'm glad someone finally realizes that north isn't the worst school in the world.
NLHS Parent

Lexington, KY

#19 May 6, 2008
Good Luck wrote:
OMG I can't believe I just read this comment about the students at NLHS. I have 1 child there now and have had 2 more that have graduated and gone on to earn degrees at major universities in the state. This is the type of sterotyping that goes on with the people across this county. It sickens me to think that adults in this town would even think about typing such an insult online. I guess you think that everyone that attends the other high school are future Harvard graduates! Get a life and look at the students that have come out of North Laurel and have gone onto bigger and better things in their life. Go JAGS!
huh

Nicholson, GA

#20 May 6, 2008
Yeah, it's funny that north has always had the bad rep, but it's south this year that has so many bomb threats that now you have to sign in to even to to the bathroom!
justsaying

Manchester, KY

#21 Jan 9, 2010
Good Luck wrote:
hahaha, that is really friggen hilarious. i'd like to know what school you went to and who you are. cuz it takes a pretty dumb person to make a comment like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr nanoanomaly 163,735
King James 2 hr Tampons R Us 1
suntan city 5 hr dontlike 3
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 14 hr Yep 9,445
Schumer let little girl get molested 15 hr Fox News 10
I Guess It Is Time To Impeach 16 hr Fox News 26
The Seth Rich Murder 16 hr Haha 7

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages