LC Repubs place more regulation on citizens

Posted in the London Forum

More Rules Please

London, KY

#1 Dec 8, 2012
Laurel Fiscal Court has passed a new ordinance so that anyone doing any kind of electrical work at their home must get a county inspection before and after the work. This is over regulation for a rural county. It means that if you want to run a line for a light to your porch or deck, you have to pay for 2 inspections. How many of these older, country houses that were wired many many years ago will pass an inspection?

It is the Republican leaders who love to regulate the people and tax the little guy for everything they can think of. I would guess it also has to do with family members of fiscal court officials being electrical inspectors too.

Can you spell K.I.C.K.B.A.C.K.??
Justsayin

Bearden, AR

#2 Dec 8, 2012
Since when, how will they know if I install a circuit, I can understand if your selling a home, not just home improvements. If I pay for the electricity I should be able to do what I want with it!

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#3 Dec 8, 2012
Things like this should not be up to people on the Laurel Fiscal Court. Any kind of regulations along this line should be done at the state level and only after studies have been done to determine the pros and cons of such regulations.

So this kinda leads me to believe this may be about the Fiscal Court attempting to find ways to make money at our expense.
More Rules Please

London, KY

#4 Dec 8, 2012
Yea, the ordinance notice was published in the Friday edition of The Sentinel Echo. As for who will know if you do your own work: maybe no one, but I don't like the idea of regulations which turn ordinary citizens into criminals subject to fines, just so the county can make some money on inspections.

This might also be considered a "backdoor" method of instituting a county wide zoning law. First, electrical inspections, then plumbing, then building additions, etc. and before you know it, we have the equivalent of a county zoning law.

I don't trust any politician, of any party. When it comes to screwing the public, they will, if it benefits them or their families or friends.
JustME

London, KY

#5 Dec 8, 2012
The trouble is that we don't pay enough attention to what they are doing. I am guilty of this myself. They couldn't do things like this if we didn't set back and let them. They shouldn't do things like this, but we shouldn't let them.
Jordan

Roscoe, IL

#6 Dec 8, 2012
This is the same fiscal court that tried to bring us gun control also!
Lookin foward

United States

#7 Dec 8, 2012
Can't wait to get out of this county this summer when school goes out. This place is becoming a joke with taxes and the way this school system is. Good luck with the south football program tho
The Sarge

Winnebago, IL

#8 Dec 8, 2012
Just another reason to move out of Laurel Co. The rich trying to get richer. This county ceases to amaze me. Maybe everyone should go to solar power and get off their grid. Then that would be awesome.
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#9 Dec 8, 2012
___Jenny___ wrote:
Things like this should not be up to people on the Laurel Fiscal Court. Any kind of regulations along this line should be done at the state level and only after studies have been done to determine the pros and cons of such regulations.
So this kinda leads me to believe this may be about the Fiscal Court attempting to find ways to make money at our expense.
Here in Chicago, this kind of stuff kills a person! You have to have a permit to breathe...roof, remodeling of any nature, blacktop your driveway, put a fence up and Lord help you if it's 1" higher than it suppose to be. They want contractors doing it all. As far as electrical, don't even try doing it yourself here. What happens is, if you have a fire, such as your stove catching fire or something, the fire dept. will come up, find everything wrong, call the village, inspectors come out and whammo...you either get contractors to do it or they'll condemn it. It's about about a couple things really. First, here if you do anything at all to your property, they reassess and then raise our real estate taxes. Next, they want Union contractors doing the work and ridding as many cash laborers as possible. And yes, they have buddies that are contractors.

Actually the last time I was in London, I saw a pack of Mexicans on top of a roof working.
Fresh air

Duluth, GA

#10 Dec 8, 2012
Somethings are starting to stink in London think I will look for another town too
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#11 Dec 8, 2012
Fresh air wrote:
Somethings are starting to stink in London think I will look for another town too
Where I saw them at, I suspect they were contracted by a subcontractor. That's how businesses get around it. Contractors bid on a job, then they subcontract it or simply themselves work the illegals and then the businesses say "we didn't know, we used an agency to do the job". lol The blind blames the blind.
Responder

Bonnyman, KY

#12 Dec 9, 2012
You will now have to buy a permit and pay for 2 inspections just to put up christmas lights!

time to vote the rico bunch out!!!!
Insane

London, KY

#13 Dec 9, 2012
JustME wrote:
The trouble is that we don't pay enough attention to what they are doing. I am guilty of this myself. They couldn't do things like this if we didn't set back and let them. They shouldn't do things like this, but we shouldn't let them.
THEY WOULDN'T CARE IF YOU DID.I CAN REMEMBER BEING ON THE COURTHOUSE STEPS PROTESTING AGAINST THEM PASSING THE PAYROLL TAX.about 1000 of us or more,they passed it anyway.this is laurel county,they do as they please.Yes we voted out the judge who did it and elected one who promised to do away with it,but once the sobs get a taste of money,they are gonna keep it.
Cheyenne

London, KY

#14 Dec 9, 2012
Good job Judge david Westerfield,we need more jobs not spending more money......Is Johnny a inspector now??????????
Da truth

Duluth, GA

#15 Dec 9, 2012
Insane wrote:
<quoted text>THEY WOULDN'T CARE IF YOU DID.I CAN REMEMBER BEING ON THE COURTHOUSE STEPS PROTESTING AGAINST THEM PASSING THE PAYROLL TAX.about 1000 of us or more,they passed it anyway.this is laurel county,they do as they please.Yes we voted out the judge who did it and elected one who promised to do away with it,but once the sobs get a taste of money,they are gonna keepit.
well put!!
Paul

Somerset, KY

#16 Dec 10, 2012
The RINO's on the fiscal court are nothing but tax-and-spend big government liberals claiming to be conservatives. My advice is get rid of them all, from Westerphelps on down.
Partly

Norman, AR

#17 Dec 10, 2012
Paul wrote:
The RINO's on the fiscal court are nothing but tax-and-spend big government liberals claiming to be conservatives. My advice is get rid of them all, from Westerphelps on down.
No you idiot,they are gop,pure and simple,this is how conservatives act.A real liberal couldn't get elected in this place even if God came down and ordered it,you just are now seeing what your party stands for,and you don't like it,too bad,live with it thats what you want.or say you do.
Old Man

London, KY

#18 Dec 10, 2012
The ordinance only passed the1st. reading, it's not law yet. Get your butts up to the courthouse and let them know how you feel about this ordinance. If not then it is your own fault for not letting them know how you feel. Call your magistrate an the county judge and let them hear about it.
Partly

Somerset, KY

#19 Dec 10, 2012
Old Man wrote:
The ordinance only passed the1st. reading, it's not law yet. Get your butts up to the courthouse and let them know how you feel about this ordinance. If not then it is your own fault for not letting them know how you feel. Call your magistrate an the county judge and let them hear about it.
Yeah.How'd that go with the payroll tax?
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#20 Dec 10, 2012
Paul wrote:
It's a shame you made me happy by stating what you did. And here all along, conservatives thought they were appointed to solve the world's problems. What did I tell you? The conservative party is nothing but richer Republicans in disguise who are all about....themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
info on amanda johnson and mike troy 4 min yeahno 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min colt 45 131,003
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 11 min Princess412 81,633
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 12 min Jumpy Pete 4,536
Hold IRS, And Present Administration Accountable! 14 min Logan 13
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 36 min Le Jimbo 153,111
Bad dealings with any Animal Abuse Organizations? 47 min LadyByTheLake 5
•••
•••
•••

London Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE