Romney's Business Survived On FDIC Ba...

Romney's Business Survived On FDIC Bailout

Posted in the London Forum

oops

Corbin, KY

#1 Jan 5, 2012
Well, well, these anti-government republics like Mitt Romney, that supposed business genius, survived on those evil government bailouts for his Bain Capital company. Once again, the CURTAIN IS PULLED BACK ON ANOTHER REPUBLICAN PHONY....LOL!

"Republican Senate nominee Mitt Romney's rescue of a business consulting firm was achieved in part by convincing the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. to forgive roughly $ 10 million of the company's debts, according to sources close to the deal and federal records obtained by The Boston Globe.
Romney, whose business acumen has been the cornerstone of his campaign, has said saving the Bain & Co. consulting firm from the brink of bankruptcy in 1991 was the accomplishment that most convinced him he had the mettle to be a US senator.

Bain & Co. and the FDIC agreed to the deal after months of intense negotiations. Moreover, bankers say debt forgiveness is relatively routine when a company is at risk of collapse.

But the $ 10 million cost to the FDIC raises the question of whether Romney's success, as well as the resurrection of Bain & Co., came partially at the expense of the federal agency that protects US bank deposits."

(Boston Globe)
hehe

Somerset, KY

#2 Jan 5, 2012
Whatever the Republicans whine about, they are guilty of.

hehe
weezy

East Bernstadt, KY

#3 Jan 5, 2012
Are they whining about somebody shitting in the cookie dough again?
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#4 Jan 5, 2012
oops wrote:
Well, well, these anti-government republics like Mitt Romney, that supposed business genius, survived on those evil government bailouts for his Bain Capital company. Once again, the CURTAIN IS PULLED BACK ON ANOTHER REPUBLICAN PHONY....LOL!
"Republican Senate nominee Mitt Romney's rescue of a business consulting firm was achieved in part by convincing the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. to forgive roughly $ 10 million of the company's debts, according to sources close to the deal and federal records obtained by The Boston Globe.
Romney, whose business acumen has been the cornerstone of his campaign, has said saving the Bain & Co. consulting firm from the brink of bankruptcy in 1991 was the accomplishment that most convinced him he had the mettle to be a US senator.
Bain & Co. and the FDIC agreed to the deal after months of intense negotiations. Moreover, bankers say debt forgiveness is relatively routine when a company is at risk of collapse.
But the $ 10 million cost to the FDIC raises the question of whether Romney's success, as well as the resurrection of Bain & Co., came partially at the expense of the federal agency that protects US bank deposits."
(Boston Globe)
Yeah and what he didn't get from the FDIC, he got off the backs of workers. This man is no more than a #1 Leader for BIG corporate america. It means -0- to the average working person.
LMAO

Dallas, TX

#5 Jan 5, 2012
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and what he didn't get from the FDIC, he got off the backs of workers. This man is no more than a #1 Leader for BIG corporate america. It means -0- to the average working person.
Thats the way it's supposed to be, thats why they call them workers.
Dollar Bill

Virgie, KY

#6 Jan 6, 2012
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text> Thats the way it's supposed to be, thats why they call them workers.
Nice to see that even you dont believe your bullshit about makers and takers LMMFAO! You said that all the money goes from top to bottom,what made you change your mind LAMEO?
LMAO

Dallas, TX

#7 Jan 6, 2012
Dollar Bill wrote:
<quoted text>Nice to see that even you dont believe your bullshit about makers and takers LMMFAO! You said that all the money goes from top to bottom,what made you change your mind LAMEO?
Thats what a taker is, right down on the bottom, consuming everything the are given.
Dollar Bill

Virgie, KY

#8 Jan 6, 2012
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>Thats what a taker is, right down on the bottom, consuming everything the are given.
But then you bitch when someone tries to do for themselves...you are like a drunken cat chasing it's own tail. Lameo,you change your tune more often than a radio station!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#9 Jan 6, 2012
We all know that if SpeakUp had a business she wouldn't expect to make a profit. It would only be to provide jobs for others and she might even take a loss every year in order to keep those people working. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min Athenesword 143,144
how is "stealing" baby body parts "woman health... 2 hr proud American 23
lib teach hate in class 4 hr debbie 6
Can Christians Backslide and Go to Hell? (Nov '08) 4 hr walt 414
Gravel 6 hr Wildcat Fan 1
22+MILES of YARD SALES East 80 Yard Sale 16th A... 7 hr Founder 1
Looking for a place to rent 8 hr donya 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages