|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

Judged:

Sweetdaddy wrote:
Could you tell me the names of the churches please , I would appreciate it.
Leave the little snakes alone. Now if you want to impress people find a Church that picks up and holds something far more savage and vicious ..... rabbits. They'll bite and scratch the daylights out of you. Me and my friends caught a wild one when I was twelve. The little booger bit the dickens out of me.

You will have to look around to find out if there are any rabbit handling Churches in Laurel.

Since: Jan 09

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

Judged:

CargoCult wrote:
<quoted text>
Riveting. Glad no one was hurt. All this talk about the outdoors is giving me more anticipation for warm weather, can't wait to go camping.
Me inside the snake if I had been swallowed by it .....

•*¨*•.¸¸¸.
º¤ø¸JENNYº¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨
•*¨*•.¸¸¸.
im wabbit hunting

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

Judged:

__Jenny__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave the little snakes alone. Now if you want to impress people find a Church that picks up and holds something far more savage and vicious ..... rabbits. They'll bite and scratch the daylights out of you. Me and my friends caught a wild one when I was twelve. The little booger bit the dickens out of me.
You will have to look around to find out if there are any rabbit handling Churches in Laurel.
Some friends and I caught a wild rabbit once when we were kids and brought it home while everyone was gone and let it loose in the house. It didn’t bite but it scratched the crap out of me. That crazy little frigger tore the house up in less than two minutes trying to get out. I didn’t realize how high they could jump until my brother got home and opened the door. The rabbit jumped over his head and out the door scaring the shit out of him because he didn’t expect it. I had forgotten all about that until I read your post. LOL. Thanks for reminding me of that.
Outdoor man

Cynthiana, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

Sweetdaddy wrote:
Could you tell me the names of the churches please , I would appreciate it.
here is a lead:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/london-ky/TUB...
Roger

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

__Jenny__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Me inside the snake if I had been swallowed by it .....
•*¨*•.¸¸¸.
º¤ø¸JENNYº¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨
•*¨*•.¸¸¸.
I bet you swallow every time.
dodger

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2011

Judged:

Roger wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you swallow every time.
you'll never know about girls like her. Only about 240 lb meth heads you paid $20 to.
Connie

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2011

Isn't it against the law for these churches to handle snakes or is that covered under Freedom of Religion?

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2011

Connie wrote:
Isn't it against the law for these churches to handle snakes or is that covered under Freedom of Religion?
In Kentucky it is against the law. The law is KRS 437.060.
the one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2011

I know the exact location of a snake handling church down in Artemus in Knox County. Here's a hint: travel down KY 225 until you come to a 3-way intersection with KY 930. Turn right so that you are now traveling through Artemus proper. As soon as you are crossing that overpass bridge into the community, look over to your left and you'll see a plain white church with no signs to tell you what kind of church you are looking at. Several different people that live around there will swear to you that it is an honest to God snake handling church, and has been for quite some time now, and knew a couple of the attendees. Keep in mind that if you are traveling down KY 930 and you cross the Cumberland River, you have driven too far and must turn back around to get a better look at the church in question.

On a side note, I have been told that there's at least two snake handling churches in Clay County (is anyone surprised?), one is supposed to be around the Kincaid area in the western part of the county, and the other one is supposed to be around the Redbird area on the opposite end of Clay County. I don't know if there's any kind of truth to the last two listings, and I for one am not gonna try and find out myself anytime soon. Anyone wanna volunteer for this mission and report back to us on this????

Since: Jan 09

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2011

the one wrote:
I know the exact location of a snake handling church down in Artemus in Knox County. Here's a hint: travel down KY 225 until you come to a 3-way intersection with KY 930. Turn right so that you are now traveling through Artemus proper. As soon as you are crossing that overpass bridge into the community, look over to your left and you'll see a plain white church with no signs to tell you what kind of church you are looking at. Several different people that live around there will swear to you that it is an honest to God snake handling church, and has been for quite some time now, and knew a couple of the attendees. Keep in mind that if you are traveling down KY 930 and you cross the Cumberland River, you have driven too far and must turn back around to get a better look at the church in question.
On a side note, I have been told that there's at least two snake handling churches in Clay County (is anyone surprised?), one is supposed to be around the Kincaid area in the western part of the county, and the other one is supposed to be around the Redbird area on the opposite end of Clay County. I don't know if there's any kind of truth to the last two listings, and I for one am not gonna try and find out myself anytime soon. Anyone wanna volunteer for this mission and report back to us on this????
When I was eighteen I was invited to an outdoor party at an old railroad track bed in that area (the metal tracks were gone). It was dark and in a small valley we drove pass a tiny little town that looked like it might have been a mining town at one time. There was loud hollering, yelling, singing, and chanting that we could hear loudly all the way up on the highway. It was spooky as heck. I wonder if that is where you are talking about. BTW, don't go to parties at that old railroad bed if you are invited, that is the craziest and meanest place I have been to around here.
the one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2011

The community of Artemus is located about 6 miles or so southeast of Barbourville. It was the main center of coal mining in Knox County for years, matter of fact, and it still goes on to some degree there. KY 225 has an intersection with 25-E right at Rite Aid. Go down that for a short stretch, and then turn left when you get to the Barbourville cemetery. The alternate entrance to the hospital there is also on 225.

By the way, there is only one state where it is not illegal to have snake handling services: West by God Virginia!!! lol
goober

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2011

Judged:

i heard of this church where they handle chickens and roosters. is this illegal in ky? i hear they stand around a little square pitt and yell at them.

is this legal in any state?
sss

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2011

Judged:

There's one off 229 here in London. East London ??. Can't think of the name of the church.
the one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2011

Judged:

Isn't that the East London church where that woman died during a church service? I'm pretty certain that that church is along Smith-Bernard Rd., the connector road between 1189 and 229.

I remember being in Iraq when that happened to that lady, and it made the newspapers in Baghdad!!! Yep boys and girls, her death made the Stars and Stripes newspaper way over there.
El Diablo

Osage City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2011

To each their own, but His holy word is not talking about literal snakes. The verses imply that no one can harm your image or reputation when you're in the truth. You can take on anything in His holy name.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2011

goober wrote:
i heard of this church where they handle chickens and roosters. is this illegal in ky? i hear they stand around a little square pitt and yell at them.
is this legal in any state?
I heard of Churches like that. There's one in Clay County that even a State Trooper and two Clay County Deputies go to. There was a video of them attending the services.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2011

the one wrote:
Isn't that the East London church where that woman died during a church service? I'm pretty certain that that church is along Smith-Bernard Rd., the connector road between 1189 and 229.
I remember being in Iraq when that happened to that lady, and it made the newspapers in Baghdad!!! Yep boys and girls, her death made the Stars and Stripes newspaper way over there.
The wild thing about snake handling Churches is that two of the main founders of the snake Churches died of snake bites. So did the wife of one of them.
the one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2011

It was on that show City Confidential (A&E) about the preacher's wife dying from snakes in northeastern Alabama. They went to a snake handling church, but of course it turned out that he deliberately killed her by way of the snakes. He then went to prison for a very long time.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2011

the one wrote:
It was on that show City Confidential (A&E) about the preacher's wife dying from snakes in northeastern Alabama. They went to a snake handling church, but of course it turned out that he deliberately killed her by way of the snakes. He then went to prison for a very long time.
That was a different snake handling incident. The wife I'm talking about was bit and died a little while after (I think it was several months later) her husband died from snake bite. Her husband was one of the main founders of that religion back in the 1920's.
the one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2011

And on that show about the hillbillies on the History Channel, it said that George Hensley, the original founder of the snake handling churches, died at a barn revival in Florida back in the 1950s after being bitten, and on his death certificate the cause of death was listed as "suicide", and then it went on to mention how West by God Virginia barely legalized the practice of handling snakes during religious services.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of57
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

104 Users are viewing the London Forum right now

Search the London Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min DemocRATs 146,058
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr dodo 81,563
Barely Getting By In Laurel County Kentucky 1 hr True 8
Illegal immagrants 1 hr Curmudgeon 179
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr curious 128,518
charles ray hubbard 2 hr Wondering 4
Years To Come: How Will You Remember Obama? 3 hr real 40
•••
•••
•••
•••

London Jobs

•••