LookN 4 A Good Holiness Church That D...
STOP being judgemental

Anderson, SC

#52 Aug 18, 2008
coveredbytheblood wrote:
<quoted text> Amen and Amen!!!
thanks... I went around the first part of my christian life confused like crazy because of a bunch of denominational junk filling my head! the Bible does speak of false teachers and false prophets...so we have to be careful! and learn how to decern the spirits!
coveredbythebloo d

Hudson, OH

#53 Aug 18, 2008
STOP being judgemental wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks... I went around the first part of my christian life confused like crazy because of a bunch of denominational junk filling my head! the Bible does speak of false teachers and false prophets...so we have to be careful! and learn how to decern the spirits!
Me too! But, I must confess, I truly need the ability to descern in greater depth the spirits. I trust too many people. I want to think that all people are in it for the right reasons, but, I realize we all are just that,(people). The whole denomination thing is just what it says it is (denomination or a division) Jesus ain't coming back for a broken and divided Church, he's coming back for his unblemished bride! We need to pray for and uplift one another. If ever a time existed that we need the Power of prayer in our lives then now is that time! God bless you and let's pray for God to break down those barriers of denomination!

Since: Aug 08

London, KY

#55 Aug 19, 2008
Faith Assembly is awesome. Have a lot of fellowship activities for different ages to help you get to know others in the church. The people there are friendly and will make you feel welcome. The worship is awesome and so are the sermons. Visit and see where God leads you. (And please don't use this post to trash Faith or any other church). God bless.
helloooo

AOL

#56 Aug 20, 2008
Faith Assembly is not a Holiness Church.
coveredbythebloo d

Chagrin Falls, OH

#57 Aug 21, 2008
LookN wrote:
Moving into the London-Laurel area and looking for a good Holiness church that don't handle snakes. Some Holiness believe in handling snakes. They scare me to death.
So recommend a good one that don't.
As you can see, many people are very condescending and are very judgemental on this post. Please don't let these people deter you from finding a good bible preaching, teaching, saved by the blood of the Lamb, Church. There are really great churches in London, and in Corbin. I would like to invite you to New Harvest Church on Hwy 192 West, across the road from Cold Hill Elementary School. We are a non-denominational congregation, we believe that a holy life are essential to a daily walk with God. We believe that you "may" be filled with the Holy Ghost. If you decide on another Church great, if you choose to visit with us then Welcome in. May God lead you to the place that you need and a place that you are needed, God bless you!
shon barbourville ky

Louisville, KY

#58 Sep 2, 2008
Hughes Hill Holiness Church is a good little church its a small church and i attend there we invite all to come out we dont handle snakes but i do believe in it cause the bible says it. John Whitehead is our Pastor there. The Church is located in Girdler ky on rt 11 going toward manchester.
nosnakes

Brownsville, TN

#59 Sep 2, 2008
shon barbourville ky wrote:
Hughes Hill Holiness Church is a good little church its a small church and i attend there we invite all to come out we dont handle snakes but i do believe in it cause the bible says it. John Whitehead is our Pastor there. The Church is located in Girdler ky on rt 11 going toward manchester.
No it don't say it. The Bible says to take up the serpent "serpent meaning the devil". Christians take up the devil everyday. Do they also believe in drinking "deadly drink". If so, then why don't they drink it, if not, then why? And if you believe it why don't you do it?
Praise God

Germany

#60 Sep 2, 2008
If the bible meant for us to play with snakes, and take them to church ceremonies, God would have told us in no uncertain terms.
Paul threw his snake in the fire when it got on him. Someone correct me if I got the name wrong.
By dealing and being near sinners and wrongdoers everyday we are handling deadly serpents (sin is death) drinking deadly poison but it is not hurting us.(their sin is not sinking into our heart)
Remember the foot-washing where Christ said "This do in remembrance of me" That is why we do the foot-washing. And in other verse he told Peter "If I wash not thy feet, with me you have not part" It is meant to be a humbling service.
Are you willing to drop the pride and wash feet?
That was what I call no uncertain terms. Plain words.
curious

East Bernstadt, KY

#61 Sep 4, 2008
Harvest Time is the best. Its there in the Oakleaf shopping center where Renagade motorcycles is on Hwy. 25
You wont ask to be treated any better if you go there. I'll bet you'll feel like family after going once or twice!!!!! Sunday School starts at 10:30am an church starts at 11:15am Sunday morning. Then Sunday nite at 7:00 and on Wednesday also!!!
pentacost man

Lexington, KY

#62 Sep 5, 2008
old pathway pentacostal on hwy 638 is a great church,and the pastor teddy eversole is a great preacher and they are also some great young pastors there as well...
soso

London, KY

#65 Sep 29, 2008
New Life Church in Manchester KY is a great church. They are seeing God move in great and mighty ways. Thursday nights at 7:00pm and Sunday morning School a 10:00am, Sunday night 6:00pm
newlifechurchky.com
grrr

United States

#66 Sep 29, 2008
mark 16 says we have the power to do those things but it DOES NOT SAY to actually DO IT! my Bible says not to test God!!
Holiness people wont go to the movies but they will watch tv and dvd's ??? what is the difference! its all "of the world"
People just better make sure their heart is right instead of worry about what other people are doing or what they are wearing!
grrr

United States

#67 Sep 29, 2008
not to mention that alot of them actually have MYSPACE! wow thats the most worldly thing you could ever do!
grrr

United States

#68 Sep 29, 2008
and for you people that believe that we still have the gifts of the apostals, what about raising the dead! you dont see that around here!
old pathway member

Commerce, GA

#69 Sep 29, 2008
would like to invite you to our service,
Friday night at 7:00 and Sunday at 2:oo in the afternoon. we believe in see and ask for the old path and when you find it walk there in. we have an anointed pastor and singers. come see for yourself.. God bless
shesahoe

Georgetown, KY

#70 Sep 29, 2008
BOB wrote:
I HANDLE THEM LIKE APOSTLE PAUL IN THE BIBLE. HE THREW THEM IN THE FIRE.ACTS 28:3-5
yes, but what was Paul doing when he came upon the snake. Was he is a church house worshiping the Lord? It says that we can, not that we should to prove our faith.
believer

Georgetown, KY

#71 Sep 29, 2008
Raymond Ridge off Bee Creek in Corbin is a great church. They love you there and it is important to feel loved at church. Good people there, good music and spirt.
InHisService

Somerset, KY

#73 Sep 30, 2008
shesahoe wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, but what was Paul doing when he came upon the snake. Was he is a church house worshiping the Lord? It says that we can, not that we should to prove our faith.
By dealing with Satan every day christians are drinking deadly poison and vitually taking up the serpant. And it is not hurting them.
just getting the word out

Lexington, KY

#74 Sep 30, 2008
Beach creek holliness----clay county
calvery holliness----london
hwy.30 holiness--- hwy 30

these r good holliness churches need directions let us know
lindsey

San Antonio, TX

#76 Sep 30, 2008
I thought we weren't supposed to be testing God.

So.. why is picking up snakes ..KNOWING that they can KILL you..and having the mind frame that God won't let the snakes hurt you.

DOesn't make any sense to me! It's wrong and dangerous period. I was raised holiness... So sir it depends on what you mean by "holiness" .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
great wall 19 min neveragain 8
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 33 min Patriot 166,292
trump 35 min Good News 9
game of thrones spoiler 2 hr spoiler 1
Ricky smallwood wrecked on 192 5 hr Jim 5
Hot gals at sav-a lot 6 hr Lil red wagon 5
frank Tue Mr clean 28

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages