Bush Elementary
amigo

London, KY

#22 Jul 1, 2010
Bush Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not ask for you to grade my sentcnce.... I am educated enough to know when I hear incorrect English from a so called professional, I said my daughter even comes home and tells me what she says. If I were a principal I would take some English classes.
If you were a principal, you would certainly need to. Lisa Sibert is an excellent principal. As far as her English goes, she's just a country gal. She did learn all she needed to in college, that's for sure, or she would not have the position which she has earned. She's just as plain as the days are long. She's just being herself and I admire that.
agree

Madisonville, KY

#23 Jul 1, 2010
gina wrote:
I get the feeling that some of the more positive comments listed above are coming from Bush faculty.
I AGREE WITH YOU.BUSH NEEDS SOME ATTENTION FROM WHO EVER IS IN CHARGE.I AM NOT SURE WHO THAT WOULD BE..
Bush Parent

London, KY

#24 Jul 1, 2010
gina wrote:
I get the feeling that some of the more positive comments listed above are coming from Bush faculty.
I also get that same feeling.... they can not see the faults of themselves and the principal... they think that all they do is normal...
recent bush student

Fulton, KY

#25 Jul 1, 2010
To be honest the solemn hatred that Mrs. Robinson bestowed on that school is the cause for the reason the teachers act the way they do and the reason they where so close to each other. They had to band to together to even handle that woman. And as far as the awards go, I was never awarded anything at bush, north middle, or north high and my parents never cried over it but right now i am well on my way to my P.H.D. in Psychology and Music Education. common parents, Personality decides the kid. Its your responsibility to change that for it is far from the teachers job. :) no hard feelings
Just me

London, KY

#26 Jul 1, 2010
Whine,whine,whine.Never ever have I read such crap from parents who more than likely never even look in their childs back pack all year.Just sen them on to school to the babysitters get them out of my hair,while I set here on the computer and gab all day and nite with a bunch of other losers.
H ow you award seekers failed to mention the child that hit Mrs.Sibert in the face and broke her glasses while trying to remove him from the gym.$1o bucks says one of these so called posters are the mommy.
Why in the world would you get on a forum and run your trap with people who have nothing better in life to do than set in front of a computer.I almost feel as low as you.
And what about looking you in the eye and e-mailing your question in--amazing just amazing!!!
agree

Madisonville, KY

#27 Jul 1, 2010
Just me wrote:
Whine,whine,whine.Never ever have I read such crap from parents who more than likely never even look in their childs back pack all year.Just sen them on to school to the babysitters get them out of my hair,while I set here on the computer and gab all day and nite with a bunch of other losers.
H ow you award seekers failed to mention the child that hit Mrs.Sibert in the face and broke her glasses while trying to remove him from the gym.$1o bucks says one of these so called posters are the mommy.
Why in the world would you get on a forum and run your trap with people who have nothing better in life to do than set in front of a computer.I almost feel as low as you.
And what about looking you in the eye and e-mailing your question in--amazing just amazing!!!
What? Why not use your spell check, you really need to..Trust me, you have one on your computer.
Senior 2011

London, KY

#28 Jul 1, 2010
Bush Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
She is the same or worse.. the only teachers that get treated nice are the ones that are the preppy ones that she likes and does she like some of them.
gosh! i feel sorry for them kids!
does Mrs. Philpot still teach there?
she was my favorite teacher there! she actually care's about her students and treat's them as if they were her own!
I remember when i had her, she would alway's ask me how my day was and try to help me in every way she could cause i was a really shy when i was little and i would hardly talk but once i had her as a teacher she changed me! so if you're child is going to be in her class they'll love it! She's the best teacher at that school!:) haha, i know that's a little off subject, but i figured i'd share that with you! lol.

Since: Dec 08

London, KY

#29 Jul 1, 2010
Senior 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
gosh! i feel sorry for them kids!
does Mrs. Philpot still teach there?
she was my favorite teacher there! she actually care's about her students and treat's them as if they were her own!
I remember when i had her, she would alway's ask me how my day was and try to help me in every way she could cause i was a really shy when i was little and i would hardly talk but once i had her as a teacher she changed me! so if you're child is going to be in her class they'll love it! She's the best teacher at that school!:) haha, i know that's a little off subject, but i figured i'd share that with you! lol.
I guess you never had her when she was pregnant did you? Man that was horrible
bystander

Corbin, KY

#30 Jul 1, 2010
Just me wrote:
For everyone's information on here...the "child" that hit Mrs. Sibert in the face?...is autistic and was having a reaction to the noise and crowd (which he cannot handle). And no I'm not the mommy just someone who knows.
X-Empt

Kittanning, PA

#31 Jul 1, 2010
Marissa wrote:
I have 3 daughters that go to school there and I am not faculty, ex-employee, on the PTO or any other sort. My girls have been there for two years and I can tell you that they all received A award and ONE of my children received EVERY award except for one. I am very happy with the school and I can say that I thought all the teachers seem to pay attention to all the children. I have one child that makes a little more noise than others lol, and her teachers were more than willing to discuss anything with me anytime I had a question. I do not email them, I just send a note to them and they are always very quick to call me back. And no I am not friends with any of the teachers either lol. My girls have greatly benefited from being at this school and we love it. We all have different experiences so I thought I would tell mine.
Well, hurray for your awards! and I also think you are lying.
hmmmm

West Palm Beach, FL

#32 Jul 1, 2010
What's the deal with principal and the Shephard's???? Seem to be big buds.
Barbara

London, KY

#33 Jul 2, 2010
Bush has gone through a lot of changes the past year and when it's all said and done, they'll land on their feet.
Sally Sue

London, KY

#34 Jul 2, 2010
parentoftwo wrote:
<quoted text>
All I'm going to say about this post is if the superintendent's son, the teachers children, and PTO's children deserve the awards then they should be the ones to get them. It's not fair to skip over them because of who they are if they are excellent kids.
Statistically, it is improbable that so many children of Bush faculty (past and present) walk away with the majority of awards - and even more unlikely that it happens year after year after year - unless there is some kind of favoritism going on. Duh. Surely someone out there has noticed this too.
Disgruntled dad

London, KY

#35 Jul 2, 2010
hmmmm wrote:
What's the deal with principal and the Shephard's???? Seem to be big buds.
Bush = basketball
proud parent

Cynthiana, KY

#36 Jul 2, 2010
Disgruntled dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush = basketball
It's elementary school for goodness sake. You act like they're preparing these kids for college ball. Most of those kids have never touched a basketball. I don't think there's much the Shepherd's can do about that. You really need to get a life! What, did your son not make the team? Why did you wait till now to start this thread? Schools out, and according to your earlier post, you're gone. No wonder kids act the way they do!
former teacher

Cynthiana, KY

#37 Jul 2, 2010
Sally Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
Statistically, it is improbable that so many children of Bush faculty (past and present) walk away with the majority of awards - and even more unlikely that it happens year after year after year - unless there is some kind of favoritism going on. Duh. Surely someone out there has noticed this too.
Honey, I hate to burst your bubble because I'm sure you're doing the best you can with your children. However, typically children of teachers or someone in the field are better students. I'm not saying all of them because there are certain situations. For the most part, teachers know what it takes to make a great student. They work extra hard with them on their academics and they expect the behavior they want to see in their classroom. That's just a fact.
student teacher

Cynthiana, KY

#38 Jul 2, 2010
Bush Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I also get that same feeling.... they can not see the faults of themselves and the principal... they think that all they do is normal...
What exactly is "not normal" about Bush? I've heard great things about the school.
Enough Said

London, KY

#39 Jul 2, 2010
former teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, I hate to burst your bubble because I'm sure you're doing the best you can with your children. However, typically children of teachers or someone in the field are better students. I'm not saying all of them because there are certain situations. For the most part, teachers know what it takes to make a great student. They work extra hard with them on their academics and they expect the behavior they want to see in their classroom. That's just a fact.
AMEN!!!!!
city girl

Mount Vernon, KY

#40 Jul 2, 2010
Disgruntled father wrote:
My son has attended Bush for the past 6 years and I have been pleased with his teachers and feel that he has received an adequate education. However, I dislike the closed climate. In person, the new principal never makes eye contact and most emails are ignored. Bush's teachers aren't much better with email. Most contacts are never acknowledged. Awards day at Bush is truly amazing. Children of the superintendant, teachers, PTO parents and former employees get most of the awards -with most of those kids getting upwards toward a dozen. I'm sure this happens at other schools as well but none are a blatant about it as Bush is. Basketball takes precedence over everything with the basketball team getting a standing ovation from the faculty for simply existing while the academic team - who won first place in the county this past year - getting only a passing nod of appreciation. Hopefully, life will be better at the middle school next year.
You hit the nail on the head!!! Everything you have said is TRUE. Except you left out The Crooked Creek Fan club that all the teachers belong to, they love the kids from CC bigger presents and all on all the Holidays. SO they make sure they get awards.
city girl

Mount Vernon, KY

#41 Jul 2, 2010
Just me wrote:
your on it and ran your trap, you just had to get on here and read all the stuff you are just as guilty

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melania 3 hr Who 1
Yard cutting 4 hr Margret 3
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 4 hr Bruce Clark 9,259
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr another viewer 149,910
russia is required to return hillary email 4 hr Shannon 3
Looking for another partner 6 hr in shape 8
DNC refuse to fly American flag 6 hr proud American 44

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages