Victory Baptist
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Looking for Church

Liberty, KY

#1 Mar 24, 2009
Who is the preacher at Victory Baptist Church in London now? I couldn't find where they had a web site. This church is close to my home and I've really been wanting to start going to church. Thanks for any info.
backside of 40

Lexington, KY

#2 Mar 24, 2009
Brian Bond is the paster, This is a really good church.
Starving bull dog

AOL

#3 Mar 24, 2009
that church upholds people living in sin. Unmarried couples co-habiting without the benefit of marriage. Having children out of wedlock but still go to church and put on that Im a good christian face even though they are anything but a good christian. I cant say anything good about a church like that.
Righteous Bull dog

London, KY

#4 Mar 24, 2009
Starving bull dog wrote:
that church upholds people living in sin. Unmarried couples co-habiting without the benefit of marriage. Having children out of wedlock but still go to church and put on that Im a good christian face even though they are anything but a good christian. I cant say anything good about a church like that.
Contrary to your comment.......I'm glad people like that ARE going to church!!! None of us, christian or nonchristian, are perfect. However, it's not for us to decide/judge the relationship others have with the LORD. Plus,the Lord will work in those peoples' hearts in HIS time. Why should someone wait until they have their life right with the Lord before they go to church? It's my understanding that you to go church to get your life right with the Lord! If we all waited to get our life right with the Lord BEFORE we went to church, we'd NEVER get it right because we wouldn't be hearing the Lord's messages. It's not until AFTER we go to church that the Lord works in us and gets us right wtih Him.
And, to add a little more........even after you become christian, you still are tempted just like a nonchristian--sometimes more. The devil begins to wiggle that he's losing you. So the next time you start feeling all righteous and get the urge to judge a christian for what he/she is doing in his/her life, examine yours. See if your should pull the needle out of your own eye first???
Starving bull dog

AOL

#5 Mar 24, 2009
Righteous Bull dog
London, KY
There are lots of things in my life that should be different. If you had any idea of who Im talking about and knew them the way I do you would know why that post is up there from me.
The man in question could very well be the devil in disguise. He quotes the bible, he professes to be a great christian, he has several people that work for him. None for very long though for the simple reason that he cheats them out of their pay every chance he gets. He lies to them about checks clearing on their commisions. He makes them wait weeks for money that he gets in less than a week and keeps telling them that the check hasnt come yet. Some of them telling him that they are losing everything they have, cant feed their kids or pay their bills because he hasnt paid them. But He wont budge. Nope the check hasnt posted yet so I cant pay you. Thats what he tells everyone that works for him. If he reads this he will know this is about him. He should be ashamed of himself for how he treats the people that are making his living for him. It will all come back to haunt him eventually. I wish it would happen tomorrow. He lost his first wife because of the way he acts. His children will learn sooner or later how he is and then they will have zero respect for him. But he earned that so he will have to live with it.
truth

Pikeville, KY

#6 Mar 24, 2009
church isnt for so call good people they for the sinner hopefully the sinner will hear the word and change their ways. Christ went to the sinners. Wish I felt that good about myself where I felt like I was better than those type of people. Also some people complain about christian or churches for an excuse not to go . If you don't want to go to church just say I dont want to go instead of talking about other people. I never heard Brain preach but he seem like a fine young man
Just Wondering

Ripley, TN

#7 Mar 24, 2009
Starving bull dog wrote:
Righteous Bull dog
London, KY
There are lots of things in my life that should be different. If you had any idea of who Im talking about and knew them the way I do you would know why that post is up there from me.
The man in question could very well be the devil in disguise. He quotes the bible, he professes to be a great christian, he has several people that work for him. None for very long though for the simple reason that he cheats them out of their pay every chance he gets. He lies to them about checks clearing on their commisions. He makes them wait weeks for money that he gets in less than a week and keeps telling them that the check hasnt come yet. Some of them telling him that they are losing everything they have, cant feed their kids or pay their bills because he hasnt paid them. But He wont budge. Nope the check hasnt posted yet so I cant pay you. Thats what he tells everyone that works for him. If he reads this he will know this is about him. He should be ashamed of himself for how he treats the people that are making his living for him. It will all come back to haunt him eventually. I wish it would happen tomorrow. He lost his first wife because of the way he acts. His children will learn sooner or later how he is and then they will have zero respect for him. But he earned that so he will have to live with it.
Ok, if you go to any church you will find the following: cheaters, liers, thiefs, people living out of wedlock so, dont go talking about Victory because of the people that go there. Should the church have a questionaire filled out before you can enter the building? I think not! This is between you and GOD! I think that everyone should have a right to go to church and the people you mentioned and I mentioned are the very ones that need church! Grow up and stop bashing the church...

Have you tried going to this person yourself? I know DS and I know you (WC)
getreal

Cynthiana, KY

#8 Mar 24, 2009
Starving bull dog wrote:
that church upholds people living in sin. Unmarried couples co-habiting without the benefit of marriage. Having children out of wedlock but still go to church and put on that Im a good christian face even though they are anything but a good christian. I cant say anything good about a church like that.
well the last I knew we serve a forgiving god and we are to continue going to church and not hole up because we may have sinned, have you no sin in your life?? do you go to church, dont you know sin is sin and you also should know its not your place or anyone elses to judge, and what church do you go to?
Starving bull dog

AOL

#9 Mar 24, 2009
Just Wondering
Oshawa, Canada

Wasnt really bashing the church . I was trying to let the person who started this post know that some of the people who go their will steal the fillings from their teeth if they dont keep their mouth closed.
Im sure Brian is a great preacher. I have heard great things about him. His works will stand the test of time Im sure.
Now just wondering I hope you can rest easy tonite knowing I wasnt bashing the church and since you know the person IM talking about you have to admit Im right. If you dont want to admit it you should really give some serious thought about pulling your head out of the sand and facing reality.
unknown

London, KY

#10 Mar 24, 2009
Brother Brian Bond is a wonderful person and pastor. He has touched so many lives. His style of ministering is factual and to the point. Anyone is welcomed at Victory and not judged for mistakes that they have or have not made. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and even though some need to keep theirs to themselves they feel the need post negetive comments. The question was about Victory Babtist Church and it rocks! I would strongly advise you to attend. But if one sinner kept everyone away then it would be a shame for Bro. Brian's sermons to go unheard.
Amen

Ripley, TN

#11 Mar 25, 2009
I agree that Brian is a wonderful person. He is also a teacher here in the London area. He is a true inspiration to me and others. Victory Baptist is a great church.
Isintoo

London, KY

#12 Mar 25, 2009
OK first you say this:
that church upholds people living in sin. Unmarried couples co-habiting without the benefit of marriage. Having children out of wedlock but still go to church and put on that Im a good christian face even though they are anything but a good christian. I cant say anything good about a church like that.
Then you say this:
Wasnt really bashing the church . I was trying to let the person who started this post know that some of the people who go their will steal the fillings from their teeth if they dont keep their mouth closed.
Im sure Brian is a great preacher. I have heard great things about him. His works will stand the test of time Im sure.
Now just wondering I hope you can rest easy tonite knowing I wasnt bashing the church and since you know the person IM talking about you have to admit Im right. If you dont want to admit it you should really give some serious thought about pulling your head out of the sand and facing reality.
Now I say this to you:
You sound like you are a big fat lier!!You most certainly bashed this church. No, I don't go to church there or any other church. If you wanted to bash a church for things such as this, you need to list every church in the whole world on here because there is someone in each and every one of them that is a sinner and will and have done things such as you are saying. You need to pull your head out of the sand!! But isn't that what most people do? Point their finger at someone, someplace or something, and then turn right around and change their story to make themselves look good and forget they are a big sinner too. Sin is sin so until you live your life perfect, you would need to stay out of others lives and feel your feelings toward that person, not bash the church they go to. Think of the good people that go there and think about this: They are doing exactly what they are supposed to do: They are welcoming anyone to come in to worship and are not judging them and throwing them out or not letting them in because they know thats what you are supposed to do. I don't know who you are talking about personally but if they go to Corinth, Hawk Creek or Sunshine Hll or Laurel River, it wouldn't be the churches fault. They will pay for their sin just remember that as you will yours and I will mine.
Starving bull dog

AOL

#13 Mar 25, 2009
Isintoo
London, KY

Very Enlightening to say the least. touche. But the person Im talking about is still a thief, a liar and a very poor excuse for a human being. He has been going to victory baptist for a long time. It hasnt had an impact on how he treats people as far as I can tell. So is the teaching there having any impact? I dont think it is on this particular person. He is still doing what he has been doing. Your entitled to believe what you wish. But so am I. So you go ahead and bash me but in the meantime you should know that your opinion of me is about as important as a pile of dog manure laying in a ditchline.
You said we should not judge but that is exactly what you just done to me. You sorry ass hypocrite. Go ask the preacher wherever you go to pray for you because you are a sinner just like me.
Isintoo

London, KY

#14 Mar 25, 2009
Starving bull dog wrote:
Isintoo
London, KY
Very Enlightening to say the least. touche. But the person Im talking about is still a thief, a liar and a very poor excuse for a human being. He has been going to victory baptist for a long time. It hasnt had an impact on how he treats people as far as I can tell. So is the teaching there having any impact? I dont think it is on this particular person. He is still doing what he has been doing. Your entitled to believe what you wish. But so am I. So you go ahead and bash me but in the meantime you should know that your opinion of me is about as important as a pile of dog manure laying in a ditchline.
You said we should not judge but that is exactly what you just done to me. You sorry ass hypocrite. Go ask the preacher wherever you go to pray for you because you are a sinner just like me.
Ha Ha Ha, I really got a kick out of what you said. Really funny about the dog manure laying in a ditchline. That cracks me up. And I don't blame you for saying it. The thing is, I don't go to any church and I think my reasons are pretty much for exactly what you are talking about here. I guess saying to you what I said may have been an opportunity to tell myself the same thing as well. Which I keep trying to tell myself, that you don't go to church for the people you go for yourself but I have a problem with that and can't stand to enter the house of the lord and look at the likes of exactly what you are describing knowing they are there for a big front and have no intentions of changing. I could probably go to any church in London and see someone who fits this or a similar description and things like that are the reason I don't go. Thats another point I was making All Churches have these, not just Victory. I am sorry I was judging you but no matter what anyone says it all boils down to judging. We all do it. I know I do as you are doing to me as well. I just try to worship in my own way, I pray to God and do believe in him but perfer to do it at home and in my own way. Sounds like we have a little something in common when it comes to people that Go to Church and don't change and its sickening to go and look at those types of people, I just can't do it.
Curious

London, KY

#15 Mar 25, 2009
Starving bull dog wrote:
Righteous Bull dog
London, KY
There are lots of things in my life that should be different. If you had any idea of who Im talking about and knew them the way I do you would know why that post is up there from me.
The man in question could very well be the devil in disguise. He quotes the bible, he professes to be a great christian, he has several people that work for him. None for very long though for the simple reason that he cheats them out of their pay every chance he gets. He lies to them about checks clearing on their commisions. He makes them wait weeks for money that he gets in less than a week and keeps telling them that the check hasnt come yet. Some of them telling him that they are losing everything they have, cant feed their kids or pay their bills because he hasnt paid them. But He wont budge. Nope the check hasnt posted yet so I cant pay you. Thats what he tells everyone that works for him. If he reads this he will know this is about him. He should be ashamed of himself for how he treats the people that are making his living for him. It will all come back to haunt him eventually. I wish it would happen tomorrow. He lost his first wife because of the way he acts. His children will learn sooner or later how he is and then they will have zero respect for him. But he earned that so he will have to live with it.
I am just curious. Are his initials D.S.? I worked for someone who sounds just as you described and he goes there.
Starving bull dog

AOL

#16 Mar 25, 2009
Curious
London, KY

Im not going to open myself up for a lawsuit by this person so Im not even going to give you a hint of whom Im talking about in my post. But dont it make you sick to think that people like that get away with what they do? The person Im talking about done me the same way as you but it went lots farther than just cheating me out of a payday.
Starving bull dog

AOL

#17 Mar 25, 2009
Isintoo
London, KY

I sure can relate to what you said up there. I feel the same way.
Curious

London, KY

#18 Mar 25, 2009
Starving bull dog wrote:
Curious
London, KY
Im not going to open myself up for a lawsuit by this person so Im not even going to give you a hint of whom Im talking about in my post. But dont it make you sick to think that people like that get away with what they do? The person Im talking about done me the same way as you but it went lots farther than just cheating me out of a payday.
You don't have to say anything further. I know exactly who you are talking about. He is a self-righteous, lying, manipulating, cheat...he will get what is coming to him one of these days. I am not trying to judge, but am only stating the facts which even he couldn't honestly deny. He can pretend to be Mr. Perfect, but he is only a wolf in sheep's clothing.
btc

London, KY

#19 Mar 25, 2009
Starving bull dog wrote:
that church upholds people living in sin. Unmarried couples co-habiting without the benefit of marriage. Having children out of wedlock but still go to church and put on that Im a good christian face even though they are anything but a good christian. I cant say anything good about a church like that.
all churches are full of hipocrites ,a lot of the church members even talk about the others behind there back about what they wear or whatever .There are good and bad in churches .people should just be happy they are there whether there married or not or got kids or not .if you was sitting next to god would you tell him you dont like this or that person because they have a child and not married ? I think god would love them anyway.i dont think he would like others talking about there neighbors
ohmy

London, KY

#20 Mar 25, 2009
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just curious. Are his initials D.S.? I worked for someone who sounds just as you described and he goes there.
What does the things you are saying make you? Thought about that one? You are no better than anyone nor am I.... If you are Lily White then judge as you see but we all know that your not, only Jesus "God" can judge us, yes indeed we do reep what we sow... think about that before you judge. If you can't forgive in your heart then God cannot forgive you for your sins. All sin in God's eyes is the same!!! A child is a blessing not a burden!!! If everyone was perfect, then there would be no churches at all!!! I'm glad you got on a church forum and showed what great character you have. I bet God is very proud of you! He knows, hears and sees all! Remember that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 56 min -Glinda- 1,929
Laurel co school metal detectors 56 min Uh-huh 28
anyone know julia black? 1 hr First Shift 10
Rachel Rudder 1 hr Memathis 5
Trump On Sexual Assault Accuser: ‘Never Happe... 2 hr Haha 2
"You Might Be A Liberal If..." 2 hr town drunk 21
7 n 8 y/o CHILDREN on topix 2 hr town drunk 7

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages