Marijuana use in the Bible

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
truth

Manchester, KY

#1 Apr 21, 2013
What does the Bible say about marijuana? The Bible says that God created hemp for people to use "as meat," (ie, to consume), that its seed oil is to be used as an ointment, and that cannabis is "to be received with thanks-giving of them which believe and know the truth." Paul also warned that some people would "speak lies in hypocrisy" and prohibit us from using it.

The Bible speaks of a special plant. "I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more." (Ezekiel 34:29)

A healing plant. On either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare 12 manner of fruits, and yielding her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.(Revelations 22:1-2) A gift from God.

Cannabis was used 12 ways: clothing, paper, cord, sails, fishnet, oil, sealant, incense, food, and in ceremony, relaxation and medicine. Hemp today has thousands of uses. Modern technology has devised many new uses for the hemp plant&emdash;like biomass energy, building materials, fuel, plastic and so on. Hemp is ecological and its seed is among the best food crops on Earth. Selected varieties produce flowers that provide an herbal relaxant and a spiritual tool. Its herb is used globally as medicine.

For so the Lord said unto me, "I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs. For afore harvest, when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches." (Isaiah 18:4-5)

God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat." … And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.(Genesis 1:29-31)

He said not to criticize other people for their habits. "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; that which cometh out of the mouth defileth a man." (Mat. 15:11) The apostle Paul wrote, I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.… For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.(Paul: Romans 14:14,17)
Rose

Houston, TX

#2 Apr 21, 2013
"Paul also warned that some people would "speak lies in hypocrisy" and prohibit us from using it."

Show us book, verse and scripture where Paul said those words. I could not find it.

Calamus was Used to Make Holy Anointing Oil

Some Bible-corrupters even go so far as to claim that Jesus Christ used marijuana, that He and those He anointed were "stoners" who got "high" from it. To no surprise, the people who make these outrageous claims are "pot heads" themselves, who smoke marijuana. Jesus Christ was not a "dope head"! It is sinful for anyone to abuse themselves with any substance. The Bible states in 2nd Corinthians 10:5...

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."

Even if the Bible was referring to "cannabis," rather than "calamus" (which it is NOT), it still doesn't justify illegal drug use? The calamus was used as an added ingredient, not as a product by itself. Exodus 30:22-25 states...

"Moreover The Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels, And of cassia five hundred shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin: And thou shalt make it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil."

As plainly described, the Biblical refers to "calamus" as a mere ingredient in the holy anointing oil, used only for anointing articles of the tabernacle and the priests. Holy oil was not to be used for anything, or anyone, else -- anyone who did was cut off from Israel. The Bible-corrupters carefully leave out this bit of information!

The Word "drunk" in the Bible literally means "stupefied" (i.e., to make stupid) by a chemical substance," whether from dope, or from excessive alcohol consumption? Substance abuse is a sin! Here is further witness from the Word of God against the evils of alcohol and drug abuse...

"Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes? They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine. Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder." -Proverbs 23:29-32

"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise." -Proverbs 20:1

"Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness" -Romans 13:13
The English word "calamus," was derived from the Latin word for "cane," and is used to translate the Hebrew word "qaneh" (pronounced "Kaw-neh"). Calamus is mentioned in the Scriptures as one of the ingredients of the holy anointing oil used by the Levite priests in the Old Testament. Calamus is also often translated as "sweet cane," "sweet flag," or "fragrant cane." Probably indigenous to India, Acorus calamus is now found across Europe, in southern Russia, northern Asia Minor, southern Siberia, China, Japan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and northern USA. It refers to a plant originally found in India which was dried and used in precious perfumes. It was traded in markets widely through the Middle East, as the Lord even mentions Himself...

"Moreover the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels, And of cassia five hundred shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin: And thou shalt make it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil." -Exodus 30:22-25
Rose

Houston, TX

#3 Apr 21, 2013
P2 Carefully notice that God is giving Moses a formula for making holy anointing oil and; NOT, a herbal formula for Moses to get high on. It is ludicrous for anyone to claim that the Bible endorses Marijuana usage. Even the word "sweet" indicates that the Bible is referring to calamus (often called "sweet cane") and; NOT, cannabis, which is not sweet. Now I'm not endorsing marijuana, but when did it become the government's responsibility to tell us what we could grow (or smoke) as free U.S. citizens? The irony of the matter is that there are many websites available where you can LEGALLY but herbal products to "get high." I mean, you can grow any number of LEGAL plants to smoke and get high. Some addicts sniff model glue, gasoline, and spray-paint from a bag to get high. These are horrible practices and I'm not endorsing anything that would harm the body. I don't think anyone should ever smoke marijuana! BUT, who is the government to tell us what we can or cannot grow, or what we can or cannot do with our crops?

I believe in freedom! It's not our government's job to educate our children. It's not our government's job to police the world. It's not our government's job to give us food-stamps, medical, or housing. It's not our government's job to give our money to Planned Parenthood to murder more babies. The government's responsibility is threefold: to protect our person, our property, and our freedom. It's not the government's job to drug our children. Property taxes are evil, pure Communism. No one in America outright owns their property. Stop paying your property taxes and you'll find out real fast who truly owns your property!!! This is wicked!

Do I think marijuana should be legalized? I don't think it ever should have been outlawed. Freedom brings with it an equal amount of responsibility. Irresponsible people need to be punished. There are over 40,000 gun laws in America; but, few of them are enforced. Every time someone gets shot to death, politicians demand MORE LAWS. The problem is not a lack of laws, but the enforcement of existing laws (Ecclesiastes 8:11). Increased government laws, rules and regulations can only lead to further constriction of it's citizens freedoms and rights. This is a sure road to government tyranny. There are literally MILLIONS of laws in the United States!!! One thing is certain--We don't need any more laws. In other nations, where laws are enforced, the crime rate is very low. There would be no need to outlaw so many things if people were simply held accountable for their actions. As Americans continue to abuse "their rights," they are simultaneously losing them!

Also, may I say that marijuana and hemp are the SAME plant; but, marijuana is derived by killing off the males. This allows the female plants to mature to form marijuana. Industrial hemp is fibrous and horrible to smoke. You would not want to smoke industrial hemp. Marijuana does not grow naturally, you have to cultivate it. I just don't see Moses cultivating marijuana for the purpose of making holy anointing oil. It doesn't surprise me that a pot-smoking, rock idol worshipping, rebellious generation would seek to twist the Bible around to justify homosexuality, feminism, rock music, and substance abuse. It doesn't come as a surprise in this apostate generation that people would try to justify substance abuse with the Word of God. I am against smoking anything! If God wanted us to smoke something, He would have put a chimney on top of our heads. I believe that smoking is a sin because it harms the body which God has provided to us. Any honest doctor will readily admit that smoking is detrimental to a person's health. In fact, smoking is so unhealthy that even breathing the second-hand smoke has been linked to many health problems; thus, causing many health officials in the U.S. to ban smoking in restaurants and other public places. I watched my own mother smoke herself to death.
Rose

Houston, TX

#4 Apr 21, 2013
P3 She had a stroke at age 53 and rotted in a wheel chair for the next 12 years, having both her legs amputated due to poor circulation, still smoking over a pack a day of Kool cigarettes. There was nothing "Kool" about the suffering I saw her endure until her death. The FACT that cigarette smoking is destructive to one's health is irrefutable.

Cigarette smoking is a sin against one's own body. 1st Corinthians 6:18 states, "Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body." The Apostle Paul warned of the dangers of venereal disease. Fornication has often led to the annihilation of entire colonies due to the quick spread of syphilis (STD). Today, many people falsely feel that it's ok to fornicate because of the availability of condemns; but fornication is still a horrible sin in God's eyes.

The point I want you to understand here is that anything which harms our own body is a sin "against" our own body. Smoking is a sin against our own health and is; therefore, sinful. For anyone to claim that there is no Scriptural command not to smoke, is to say that God doesn't mind if we harm ourselves. That would be absurd. To inhale anything is to suck in carbon monoxide. If you place a standard cigarette by the testing probe of an automobile Emissions Exhaust Analyzer unit, you will actually be able to obtain carbon monoxide readings from the cigarette. And remember, people don't smoke...the cigarette smokes, the person is only the sucker!
Timothy

New Lenox, IL

#5 Apr 21, 2013
Did Jesus Christ himself write the Bible? As far as I'm concerned all of you trying to relate the Bible to the world now are all riiii tards. You can't make any judgements without the help of another persons acts/ways makes you a monkey! Monkey see monkey do! Followers that have no self control so you follow the control of another. Wake up grasp your own reality and know that when you die it's as if you have never been born. As far as I'm concerned if you are here reading this you are already in heaven. What are the chances of being born in relation to actual factual evidence called statistics???? Your one little sperm cell that made it to the ovary out of the 100's of millions that didn't. If you wanna look at it as a pessimist. All of your other little brother and sisters that raced you the millions of them you gave them the fingure basically and said let them all
Die so you can be born. You wanna now go waste your time with fairy tales of the bible.

Oh and by the way I'm a Roman Catholic that was also born on 12/25. So bow to Me I am Your new God!
Timothy

New Lenox, IL

#6 Apr 21, 2013
You will all come too see reality in time.
truth

Manchester, KY

#7 Apr 22, 2013
THE ROOTS OF KANEH-BOSM
Old Testament Prophets were none other than ancient shamans, and cannabis and other entheogens played a very prominent role in ancient Hebrew culture.
The first solid evidence of the Hebrew use of cannabis was established in 1936 by Sula Benet, a little known Polish etymologist from the Institute of Anthropological Sciences in Warsaw.
The word cannabis was generally thought to be of Scythian origin, but Benet showed that it has a much earlier origin in Semitic languages like Hebrew, and that it appears several times throughout the Old Testament. Benet explained that "in the original Hebrew text of the Old Testament there are references to hemp, both as incense, which was an integral part of religious celebration, and as an intoxicant ."
Benet demonstrated that the word for cannabis is kaneh-bosm, also rendered in traditional Hebrew as kaneh or kannabus. The root kan in this construction means "reed" or "hemp", while bosm means "aromatic". This word appears five times in the Old Testament; in the books of Exodus, the Song of Songs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel.
The word kaneh-bosm has been mistranslated as calamus, a common marsh plant with little monetary value that does not have the qualities or value ascribed to kaneh-bosm. The error occurred in the oldest Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible, the Septuagint in the third century BC, and was repeated in the many translations that followed.
THEN GOD SAID, I GIVE YOU EVERY SEED-BEARING
PLANT ON THE FACE OF THE WHOLE
EARTH, AND EVERY TREE THAT
HAS FRUIT IN IT."
GENESIS 1:29-30
Those words seem straightforward enough, and yet cannabis and most other psychoactive medicine plants are outlawed in our society. Those who use these plant gat eways to other states of consciousness are jailed for doing so.
Ironically, the major force for continuing this plant prohibition is a group referred to as the Christian Right. They claim to believe in both the Bible and old Yahweh, yet Yahweh's opinion on the matter is stated quite clearly in the above quotation.
1 st. Reference - EXODUS 30:22-33]
2 nd. Referenece - SONG OF SONGS 4:8-14
3 rd. Reference - ISAIAH 43:23-24
God is reprimanding the Israelites for, among other things, not supplying him with his due of the Holy Herb."YOU HAVE NOT BROUGHT ANY KANEH FOR ME, OR LAVISHED ON ME THE FAT OF YOUR SACRIFICES. BUT YOU HAVE BURDENED ME WITH YOUR SINS AND WEARIED ME WITH YOUR OFFENCES."
4 th. Reference - JERIMIAH 6: 20
WHAT DO I CARE ABOUT INCENSE FROM SHEBA OR KANEH FROM A DISTANT LAND? YOUR BURNT OFFERINGS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE; YOUR SACRIFICES DO NOT PLEASE ME.
5 th. Reference - Ezekiel 27
A passage called A Lament for Tyre.
truth

Manchester, KY

#8 Apr 22, 2013
P2

(Cannabis is mentioned in Ex. 30:23 but King James mistranslated it as 'sweet calamus'):
Moreover, the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 23 Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even 250 shekels, and of qaneh-bosm [cannabis] 250 shekels, 24 And of cassia 500 shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin: 25 And thou shalt make it an oil of holy anointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil. 26 And thous shalt anoint the tabernacle of the congregation therewith, and the ark of the testimony, 27 And the table and all his vessels, and the candlestick ahd his vessels, and the altar of incense, 28 And the altar of burnt offerings with all his vessels, and the laver and his foot. 29 And thou shalt sanctify them, that they may be most holy: whatsoever toucheth them shall be holy.(Exodus 30:22-29)
* As one shekel equals approximately 16.37 grams, this means that the THC from over 9 pounds of flowering cannabis tops were extracted into a hind, about 6.5 litres of oil. The entheogenic effects of such a solution -- even when applied topically -would undoubtedly have been intense.
The Chalice and the Blade by Riane Eisler; Harper Row; 1987.
Early Diffusions and Folk Uses of Hemp by Sula Benet; Reprinted in Cannabis and Culture edited by Vera Rubin; Mouton; 1975.
Flesh of the Gods edited by P T Furst; Praeger; 1972.
Green Gold the Tree of Life; Marijuana in Magic and Religion by Chris Bennet, Judy Osburne, & Lynn Osburne; Access Unlimited; 1995.
The Hebrew Goddess by Raphael Patai; Avon Books; 1967.
Marihuana: The First Twelve Thousand Years by Ernest Abel; Plenum Press; 1980.
Marijuana and the Bible edited by Jeff Brown; The Ethiopian Zion Coptic Church; 1981.
Occidental Mythology by Joseph Campbell; Penguin Books; 1982.
The Origins of Consciousness in the Break down of the Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes; Houghton Mifflin Company; 1976.
The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross by John M. Allegro; Double day; 1969.
Techniques of High Magic, by King and Skinner; Destiny Books; 1976.
The Temple and the Lodge by Baignet and Leigh; Corgy Books; 1989.
The Woman's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets by Barbara G. Walker; Harper Collins; 1983.
truth

Manchester, KY

#9 Apr 22, 2013
1 Timothy 4:1-6
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times, some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereupon thou hast attained.

The Assyrians used hemp (marijuana) as incense in the seventh or eighth century before Christ and called it 'Qunubu', a term apparently borrowed from an old East Iranian word 'Konaba', the same as the Scythian name 'cannabis'."

Scriptures make it abundantly clear that the clouds and the smoke are related to the burning of incense. Exodus 40:26 describes Moses burning incense, a cloud covering the tent of the congregation and the glory of the Lord filling the tabernacle.

Leviticus 16:2-13 describes how God appeared in a cloud and refers to it as the clouds of incense. Numbers 16:17-19 describes how every man of the congregation had a censer full of burning incense and that the glory of the Lord appeared unto all the congregation.

Isaiah 6:4 describes how Ezekial saw God in a smoke-filled inner court. Numbers 11:25 describes how God was revealed to Moses and the seventy elders in a cloud; that the spirit rested upon them and that they prophesied and ceased not.
weezy

London, KY

#10 Apr 22, 2013
Hemp is mentioned in the bible several times. Anyone that thinks differently should read their bible.
Legal Hemp would be very beneficial for everyone. Legal marijuana would be helpful too. It would lighten the load on the taxpayers by billions of tax dollars after they opened the doors on all these prisons and let the marijuana related inmates go home to their families where they should have been all along.
It would also take billions of dollars away from the drug cartels and put that money in our tax coffers. Of course the career criminals that run our country would soon find a way to direct that very large amount of money into their private bank accounts. They are already getting away with it , why change now.
Marijuana and Hemp are both going to be completely legal very soon in America. I wish they would legalize it today.
Americans desperately need the jobs it would create and Americans need those tax dollars to sustain the life of people like mitch mcconnell, hal rogers and nancy pelosi. Give those crooks another very large tax pie to steal from. Maybe we will have enough tax dollars left to actually do some good for the working class here in America
Rose

Houston, TX

#11 Apr 22, 2013
What did Satan the devil the serpent do to Eve?
He mixed a little truth with the lies to get her to swallow the WHOLE thing.

You are doing the same thing (working for the devil) to mix a scripture or two for one or two things and then sneak the rest of your filth in to make people believe the whole lies.

Marijuana or cigarettes either one will sap the health out of the body.
It is against nature to pull smoke into the body.
truth

Manchester, KY

#13 Apr 22, 2013
Rose wrote:
What did Satan the devil the serpent do to Eve?
He mixed a little truth with the lies to get her to swallow the WHOLE thing.
You are doing the same thing (working for the devil) to mix a scripture or two for one or two things and then sneak the rest of your filth in to make people believe the whole lies.
Marijuana or cigarettes either one will sap the health out of the body.
It is against nature to pull smoke into the body.
Pulling smoke should be the least of our worries, considering all the other health sappers that we knowingly and unknowingly cram into the temple.

The Lamb of God was "slain from the FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD," the Scriptures tell us. Not from the "sin of Eve." God made provision for the salvation of Adam and Eve BEFORE HE EVER CREATED THEM--that is Scripture!

Obviously, it IS God's will, that for a time we go AGAINST His will, But.BUT, NO ONE EVER goes against God's INTENTION. Paul's detractors ask in Roman's, "For who has gone against God's INTENTION?" And the answer is, absolutely NO ONE.

God planted the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, not Satan. And God planted it right in the midst of the Garden where Adam and Eve would surely see it. God watched the whole thing! Stop believing that God is surprised or shocked by the actions of His creatures--He is NOT! Besides, the tree contained the knowledge of GOOD! Or did you never notice that? It was GOOD that they ate of the tree. It was GOOD that they disobeyed God. God KNEW THAT THEY WOULD SIN AND DISOBEY FROM LONG BEFORE HE EVER CREATED THEM.
free

London, KY

#14 Apr 22, 2013
Timothy wrote:
Did Jesus Christ himself write the Bible? As far as I'm concerned all of you trying to relate the Bible to the world now are all riiii tards. You can't make any judgements without the help of another persons acts/ways makes you a monkey! Monkey see monkey do! Followers that have no self control so you follow the control of another. Wake up grasp your own reality and know that when you die it's as if you have never been born. As far as I'm concerned if you are here reading this you are already in heaven. What are the chances of being born in relation to actual factual evidence called statistics???? Your one little sperm cell that made it to the ovary out of the 100's of millions that didn't. If you wanna look at it as a pessimist. All of your other little brother and sisters that raced you the millions of them you gave them the fingure basically and said let them all
Die so you can be born. You wanna now go waste your time with fairy tales of the bible.
Oh and by the way I'm a Roman Catholic that was also born on 12/25. So bow to Me I am Your new God!
No. He didn't write the Bible. He fulfilled it.
A human being is a miraculous creation, isn't it? To think it grows and can read the book about why, is also stupendous.
plane trooth

Pointe-claire, Canada

#16 Apr 22, 2013
anybody saved aint gunna be hooked on nasty harmful habits anyway.

gods childern dont need habits.they are calm and cool enuff without,em,.

let the ijits of the world have their habits.
god aint gunna force,em to do nothin.
truth

Manchester, KY

#17 Apr 22, 2013
Man cannot live by bread alone.

He also requires sodium nitrate, BHA, BHT, polysorbate 60, strontium 90, and Red Dye Number 3.

Know ye not that thou haseth that rightest.

Just to name a few bad nasty harmful habits, eating-breathing-drinking, stop your destorying the temple.
weezy

London, KY

#18 Apr 23, 2013
Rose

Houston, TX

Rose, Im not knocking your beliefs. Dont knock mine.
You have already found America guilty and you have obviously sentenced us.
Where in that King James bible did you find anything written that says its Gods will for you to be judge jury and executioner for anyone that doesnt believe the way you do?
This is America you know. At least for now. We do have freedom of religion, freedom of speech as long as it doesnt make any of our career crooks in DC look bad. And I truly believe if you would smoke a nice joint occasionally your outlook on life would have to be better than it is now.
But Im not trying to influence you in any way.
I believe it takes a total idiot to use tobacco since we know what the end result is going to be.
I also believe its their body. They can do as they wish with it because what I think means about as much to them as a pile of dog crap laying in my neighbors yard means to me.
If you really want to do some good why dont you take a really close look at some of those upstanding christians you go to church with.
I will gladly bet you my paycheck against yours that some of them drink alcohol. use drugs, and some are even child molesters or sexual deviants.
Yet you sit beside them on sunday. Are you posting anything about that? If so where is it. I want to read what you put on here.
People posting anything about pot and hemp as being bad for America really do need to pull their head out of their ass and start harping on some of the things that really are bad for America.
How about all the millions of people screwing the welfare and foodstamp programs, SSI and the other taxpayer sponsored giveaway programs. Talk about getting the national debt paid off in record time.
Of course our elected leaders would make sure all those billions get spent on their favorite charities instead of doing something good for Americans with it. Of course their favorite charity is themselves when it comes to tax dollars being spent.
We need a major overhaul in America. We need to start at the top and work our way down the ladder until we get to the local governments. The majority of politicians that have been in office for more than one full day is more than likely getting some kind of kickback. Thats whats wrong with America. That and the fact that here in America we have let crooked politicians create an America that persecutes its citizens and imprisons them for profit. That shit should be stopped today. Nobody should ever profit from putting people in prison. That is inherently wrong and leads to the situation we are in now. We have more people in prison that the whole rest of the world.
And its mostly so the rich people can get richer at the working mans expense.
Theres nothing right about it.
weezy

London, KY

#21 Apr 23, 2013
Richard I do believe the conscience is the key.
If your doing something that you believe to be wrong then for you it probably is wrong.
The National Institute on Drub Abuse is a polluted corrupted piece of work that really should start using updated material in its neverending propaganda war on American Citizens.
Hal Rogers uses the same data from the 60s in his excuses for keeping america in the dark ages.
Why are you not preaching hellfire and damnation of mitch mcconnell for pushing legislation thru that allows his pill mill lobbyists friends to sell millions of dollars worth of pills that may or may not do what they say it does. The FDA has never ruled on it. Current data shows it doesnt work at all yet mcconnell in all his glory prostituted his office yet once again just so his bank account will grow. His sorry ass should be in prison for defrauding America and you people want to jump on marijuana? Please get your priorities str8 before posting again.
wow

Pointe-claire, Canada

#23 Apr 23, 2013
what a wonderful testimony!
i will pray for you church boy.
Otis

London, KY

#25 Apr 23, 2013
truth wrote:
What does the Bible say about marijuana? The Bible says that God created hemp for people to use "as meat," (ie, to consume), that its seed oil is to be used as an ointment, and that cannabis is "to be received with thanks-giving of them which believe and know the truth." Paul also warned that some people would "speak lies in hypocrisy" and prohibit us from using it.
The Bible speaks of a special plant. "I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more." (Ezekiel 34:29)
A healing plant. On either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare 12 manner of fruits, and yielding her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.(Revelations 22:1-2) A gift from God.
Cannabis was used 12 ways: clothing, paper, cord, sails, fishnet, oil, sealant, incense, food, and in ceremony, relaxation and medicine. Hemp today has thousands of uses. Modern technology has devised many new uses for the hemp plant&emdash;like biomass energy, building materials, fuel, plastic and so on. Hemp is ecological and its seed is among the best food crops on Earth. Selected varieties produce flowers that provide an herbal relaxant and a spiritual tool. Its herb is used globally as medicine.
For so the Lord said unto me, "I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs. For afore harvest, when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches." (Isaiah 18:4-5)
God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat." … And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.(Genesis 1:29-31)
He said not to criticize other people for their habits. "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; that which cometh out of the mouth defileth a man." (Mat. 15:11) The apostle Paul wrote, I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.… For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.(Paul: Romans 14:14,17)
The verses you mention are talking about olive trees and oil, not pot
ding ding

Los Angeles, CA

#26 Apr 23, 2013
Otis wrote:
<quoted text>
The verses you mention are talking about olive trees and oil, not pot
your statement proves that you did not even read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr whome 165,569
Stolen dirt bike 5 hr Reward 200 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 6 hr Republican 787
Another dem goes down 7 hr old timer 4
Pizza delivery man murdered (Sep '08) 7 hr old timer 43
loud boom and vibration in east bernstadt anyon... 7 hr LoL 2
DNC is broke 7 hr Bernie 3

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages