needing to know

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

Does anyone have the straight-talk prepaid cell phone service? I was thinking of getting it but was wondering how good the coverage was. I live down 229. The deal seems awesome -$45 gets you unlimited talk, text and web.
pheew wee

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

needing to know wrote:
Does anyone have the straight-talk prepaid cell phone service? I was thinking of getting it but was wondering how good the coverage was. I live down 229. The deal seems awesome -$45 gets you unlimited talk, text and web.
I ORDERED ONE THE OTHER DAY,BUT STILL HAVEN'T ACTIVATED IT.I HAVE BOOST EVERYTHING PAID UP TO THE 9th.so i don't plan on starting it til 2 or 3 days before then then. if i like it better,i'll cancel the boost,don't want to pay both.
have one

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

I have one and the service is great. I haven't dropped a call yet and I've had it almost a month. The only problem I have had is the customer service dept. You can barely understand them and you are on hold for quite a while. Other than that it is a great phone with a great plan.
would not have one

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

they suck
their

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

The best deal going. No contracts. Is unlimitied, no bull.
pheew wee

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

would not have one wrote:
they suck
why do you think that?
would not have one

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

pheew wee wrote:
<quoted text>why do you think that?
The customer service sucks. I transferred my old number to the straight talk phone and it took days for it to actually work. When I called the cust service they were idiots could not give me any help on my problem for phone not working. i've had the phone for about a month and half and NOW after lots and lots of phone calls to cust service it is doing pretty good. The coverage is pretty good but the cust service sucks. You are better off NOT transferring an old number just get a new number and you will probably save yourself alot of headaches. Other than that i really don't have many compalints.
good to know

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

I was thinking of getting one also
I was really wondering if the service was good because you cant beat the price and the phone is pretty decent so its good to hear that the coverage is good around london
wondering

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

would not have one wrote:
<quoted text>
The customer service sucks. I transferred my old number to the straight talk phone and it took days for it to actually work. When I called the cust service they were idiots could not give me any help on my problem for phone not working. i've had the phone for about a month and half and NOW after lots and lots of phone calls to cust service it is doing pretty good. The coverage is pretty good but the cust service sucks. You are better off NOT transferring an old number just get a new number and you will probably save yourself alot of headaches. Other than that i really don't have many compalints.
were do you get it at and how much does it cost
thanks
Asking

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

can you tranfer your old phone number to the boost mobile sevice?And where do you get the straight talk phone sevice at?
ccccc

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

Asking wrote:
can you tranfer your old phone number to the boost mobile sevice?And where do you get the straight talk phone sevice at?
yes ,,,go to walmart..........
I have 1

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

I have a boost phone. I have had it for about 3 months. I love the service. I have not had any problems with customer service and I highly recommend it. If you travel past Manchester, it will not work. I go over there alot and once you pass Manchester you will get no service. It is still worth it to me because not only do you get unlimited talk time, you also get internet and unlimited texting for $52 a month. I LOVE IT. I would never sign another contract and worry about minutes. The I465 phone is great.
mine works great

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

I have straight-talk with the R451C Keyboard Slider. It works great!$45 unlimted everything!!
Asking

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

ccccc wrote:
<quoted text>yes ,,,go to walmart..........
how much does the phones price ranges?how much is bill with taxes?
Gabriel

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

boost is 53 dollars first month.if you sign up for them to take it out of an account they give you 22 dollars off that month and 2 for every month after.the phone i paid 129 for is on sale for 99 now.straight the 45 would have about 2 or 2.50 sales taxes on it,thats all the extra either charges for.but if you just want to talk or test,the best plan is 02 wireless.texts are free,anytime call through the day are 10 cents a minute untill after 9pm,and all day sat and sunday.that cost a dollar a day,but if you don't use it at all it is nothing for the days you don't use it,you are only charged for days you use,you can pay it in 10 20 or 30 dollar instalments.it comes in real good around londdon -corbin too.
wondering

Clarkston, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2009

can you watch mobile youtube with the qwerty phone? i know you cant with the cheapest phone.
Hmmm

Cynthiana, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

1. Are there any hidden charges?
2. Just 45.00 plus tax?
3. Does Walmart employees get 10 percent off the
cards? I can get one to buy the card for me?
4. Does the internet really work? ie. youtube,
myspace, facebook.
5. Phones work good?
probably 1

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Hmmm wrote:
1. Are there any hidden charges?
2. Just 45.00 plus tax?
3. Does Walmart employees get 10 percent off the
cards? I can get one to buy the card for me?
4. Does the internet really work? ie. youtube,
myspace, facebook.
5. Phones work good?
phone service is good.so is texting,but the net,my space,you tube,i wouldn't know ,altho i paid the 45 dollars for it,i never could get the net to work,period,at least with boost i could get the channel 27 website,but not with them.s.t.if the web is important to you go with libery wireless .free motoq phone fastest web,as fast as broadband.all the web,phone sevice an texting for only 50 a month.no limit an it works.type in libertywireless.com .you pay for your fist month.53.00 3 is tax.they use sprint towers so whereever sprint works liberty does.i love them.
probably 1

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

no i do not work for them.i have just been trying out all the pay first phones. so i have tryed them all but 2.may try those two havent decided yet.but i couldn't get the web with boost either,thought about going with their blackberry service to see if the web would work with it,but it is 64 a month,hate to pay that much.plus the phone is almost 300.00.
Happy

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

My husband and I have had straight talk phones for over a month now and we love them. He travels all over the state for his job and they getting pretty good service.The texting is great, the web isn't very good, but I didn't expect much!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the London Forum right now

Search the London Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Look for a Place to Rent 41 min henrikbeech 4
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 54 min wtf 146,063
Laurel County Jail 2 hr Agreed 4
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr dodo 81,563
Barely Getting By In Laurel County Kentucky 3 hr True 8
Illegal immagrants 3 hr Curmudgeon 179
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr curious 128,518
•••
•••
•••
•••

London Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000