House Rawlings Closing Soon????
Concerned too

Winchester, KY

#31 Jul 31, 2012
Concerned wrote:
What happens to those who have insurance policies that are to be paid directly to House-Rawlings. We have a policy that was prepaid back in 1989. I guess I'll have to stop in and check it out. Be my luck they can take that and run with it.
I am going to get my policy and take it to another funeral home. Just not sure which one yet.
Old Man

London, KY

#37 Aug 1, 2012
Just because they have a funeral service doesn't mean they made money. Todays economy has a lot to do with it. Families don't want to or can't pay their bill at the funeral home. What action can a funeral home take when the person is dead ? Of course sue the estate and when they don't have anything there you are stuck with a big bill and no way to collect or repo. You'd be surprised at how many people don't pay funeral bills.
Notture

Bolivar, MO

#44 Aug 2, 2012
American Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>London Funeral Home is the one going under. Bowling is a solid well run operation. House is also. Where do you people get all this information? Make it up? London Funeral Home is up for sale. They just have not gone public with it.
No london funeral home isnt for sale and House rawlings isnt closing. All he funeral homes in london are doing ok. It wouldnt hurt to have another one open. The more you have the more competitive they have to be . That mean lower cost to the public.
Advertising

Bolivar, MO

#47 Aug 2, 2012
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed House Rawlings is not getting as much business as they did in past years, but I don't know the owners. Who are they?
Well they have just recently advertised lower funeral cost. They used to be the most expensive on a cheap funeral in london. I Think they are all pretty competitive now. Far as the funeral home its. It is the people that works in the funeral homes that makes a big diffrence. House Rawlings likes to cator to the wealthy in london , Its all just a big show anyway is why the wealthy people still patronize them.
Old London

London, KY

#48 Aug 2, 2012
Advertising wrote:
<quoted text>Well they have just recently advertised lower funeral cost. They used to be the most expensive on a cheap funeral in london. I Think they are all pretty competitive now. Far as the funeral home its. It is the people that works in the funeral homes that makes a big diffrence. House Rawlings likes to cator to the wealthy in london , Its all just a big show anyway is why the wealthy people still patronize them.
I suspect you have hit on their main problem. For years they got most of the so called "wealthy" but not anymore. That business has been diluted. I see London and Bowling getting funerals which at one time would have gone to House Rawlings. Things have changed and many of the so called wealthy are going elsewhere. But as my father used to say, you got so many $10,000.00 millionaires in London, that its hard to tell who actually has money.
Iggy

London, KY

#49 Aug 2, 2012
Advertising wrote:
<quoted text>Well they have just recently advertised lower funeral cost. They used to be the most expensive on a cheap funeral in london. I Think they are all pretty competitive now. Far as the funeral home its. It is the people that works in the funeral homes that makes a big diffrence. House Rawlings likes to cator to the wealthy in london , Its all just a big show anyway is why the wealthy people still patronize them.
Thats a really silly remark..
Lacy

United States

#51 Aug 2, 2012
House Rawlings I'm sure is not closing but we all see they are on a decline from previous years. The people are changing and it's not for the good. Wilson was better than what he was given credit for and Bill is also Great!! I hate to see what is going on there but time changes all things some for the good but House Rawlings has changed for the worse in this case.
truthspoken

Bolivar, MO

#52 Aug 3, 2012
Old London wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect you have hit on their main problem. For years they got most of the so called "wealthy" but not anymore. That business has been diluted. I see London and Bowling getting funerals which at one time would have gone to House Rawlings. Things have changed and many of the so called wealthy are going elsewhere. But as my father used to say, you got so many $10,000.00 millionaires in London, that its hard to tell who actually has money.
Yes you are right. Those so called millionaires are living on maxed out credit cards. Still trying to put on Heirs. I lmao at some of them.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#54 Aug 3, 2012
Not so, obama said they didn't build that...
Jockie

Vilonia, AR

#58 Aug 5, 2012
London Funeral Home has the best price but I don't see why more people are not cremated.
just saying

Winchester, KY

#59 Aug 5, 2012
when it is my turn to go they can just take me down to the local church have a short sermon a song and then roll me up on top of that mountain shouldn't cost a whole lot
Lady

London, KY

#60 Aug 5, 2012
just saying wrote:
when it is my turn to go they can just take me down to the local church have a short sermon a song and then roll me up on top of that mountain shouldn't cost a whole lot
It depends, when Mom died we wanted a simple service. But I quickly discovered even a simple service cost a lot of money, We spent over $9,000,00 on a simple service. I won't do it ever again. Pre arrange your service. I went and talked to 2 funeral homes here in town. Both were crazy, so I arranged for cremation. Cost about $1,000.00 not $10,000.00.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#61 Aug 6, 2012
Buy your casket at walmart and save $5000. You dont have to buy the overpriced ones they push on you...

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#62 Aug 6, 2012
And when they break out that line about what he/she would have wanted, remember if their is something he/she wanted, he/she should have set it up themselves...
wellwellwell

London, KY

#63 Aug 6, 2012
I dont think so maybe in lex,
for cremations
CCC

London, KY

#64 Aug 6, 2012
wellwellwell wrote:
I dont think so maybe in lex,
for cremations
There is a crematorium in Somerset at the Somerset Undertaking co and Crematorium. So you don't have to ride all the way to Lexington. I have spoken with these people and am in the process of making arrangements. Cost is about ten per cent of normal service.
XXX

London, KY

#65 Aug 6, 2012
I plan to be cremated in my favorite grey suit. I am requesting my pockets be filled with firecrakers so I can go out with a bang. Always did love a party.

P.S. I am serious.
widow

London, KY

#66 Aug 6, 2012
Where will your ashes be sprinkled? You sound as if you would like a adventure?
XXX wrote:
I plan to be cremated in my favorite grey suit. I am requesting my pockets be filled with firecrakers so I can go out with a bang. Always did love a party.
P.S. I am serious.
XXX

London, KY

#67 Aug 6, 2012
widow wrote:
Where will your ashes be sprinkled? You sound as if you would like a adventure?
<quoted text>
Want a few of them buried in the family plot at Dyche. Some I want placed in an urn that holds a beloved dogs ashes. A few I want scattered at Laurel Lake where we have spent so much time. I would prefer that be done off the top of the boat, with some buddies enjoying their favorite beverage on me for one last time. If any is left, the kids can do as they please. You know dying is nothing to fear it a natural part of the whole process. For many, like some family members, its a blessing. Of course, I am presently having a great time so if it does not happen for a few more years its fine by me. But I chose cremation because its silly to spend thousands others can enjoy and put to good use. I also don't like the idea of being stuffed into a box and buried. Seems awful confining.
wa wa

Winchester, KY

#68 Aug 6, 2012
I want to be given to science maybe I will be in someones classroom

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 30 min Wisdom of Ages 172,969
County Courthouse Services - phone call - who a... (Mar '11) 1 hr malissa94 18
Laurel county schools (Oct '13) 2 hr Staff member 185
Narcicisst 2 hr hohohum 5
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 2 hr I know 9,784
anyone know julia black? 2 hr I know 11
Fine looking milf in 192 marathon this morning 3 hr Right 4
Laurel co school metal detectors 4 hr FYI 36

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages