strange

London, KY

#71 Jul 29, 2012
boohoohoo wrote:
strange you must be gay to be tsk tsk ing so much.
so using your logic regarding the middles east dictates someone is gay?

interesting. acceptance is the first step in healing.
boohoohoo wrote:
your argument is beyond dumb.
it was your argument. i just changed a few components. i agree it was very dumb.
boohoohoo wrote:
typicial my way or no way gay reaction
i never said my way or no way. that was your argument. try not to confuse no gay marriage to no chik a fil. i can accept both and not be offended but when one tries to directly impede the other..that is basic hypocrisy. since chik-a-fil has directly entered into the private lives of other by making someone else life puplicity; then chik-a-fil shouldn't be astonished that someone has directly entereed into a confrontation with their ability to publicly be a private business. its called quid pro quo in legal circles.

that is my way, or no way. that is what chik-a-fil is advocating.
geez

Somerset, KY

#74 Jul 30, 2012
I say if all they have to worry about is what a man says then they need to get over it.
Good thing fat people arent as sensitive as gays or they would have been boycotting every place for years.Cant think of a group of people talked worse about or made fun of more than overweight people.
What it amounts to is gays want special treatment just what they have accused blacks of for years.
Ball anyone you want but dont expect every one to agree with it.What makes you any different than all the other people in the world thats discriminated against ever day.Fat people,short people,ugly people,homeless people,sexually permissive people,on and on...always someone that dont like what someone else does.Grow a pair and get over it.
SaDwOrLd

Somerset, KY

#75 Jul 30, 2012
THERE SHOULDNT BE NO 'SPECIAL RIGHTS' FOR ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE.
tHeRe ShOuLd OnLy Be HUMAN RIGHTS and they should apply to EVERY HUMAN BEING
Capitol Hill

Murray, KY

#76 Jul 30, 2012
Real Truth wrote:
After Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy expressed his opinion and support for “the biblical definition” of marriage, gay rights organizations immediately went on the attack suggesting that the fast-food giant discriminates against gays and lesbians – even though no legitimate evidence can prove the allegation. But it didn’t end there. Soon after, elected officials in Boston and Chicago soon piled on. Mayor Thomas Menino told the Boston Herald he would not allow the $4 billion-a-year business to open in his city. And Rahm Emanuel, the mayor of Chicago said, of his efforts to block the food chain,“Chick-fil-A’s values are not Chicago values. They’re not respectful of our residents, our neighbors and our family members.” It should be noted that the Windy City is famous for its wide assortment of sex shops and strip clubs …++ Leftist Assault on Free Speech: This has less to do with Chick-fil-A and more to do with a blatant assault on free speech rights. Dan Cathy has every right to speak his opinion, and we have every right to agree or disagree.
As a businessman, his religious or political beliefs should not be a test to be passed before city officials grant a license. These elected officials (who should know better) don’t have the right to censor or trample those First Amendment rights and hand-pick who can do business in their cities! The Chick-fil-A outrage continues to intensify. That’s why Grassfire Nation is asking liberty-loving patriots to step forward with clarity and common-sense to sign our national “I Stand with Chick-fil-A and Their Right to Free Speech” petition by clicking below: http://www.grassfire.com/271/petition.asp 75,000 petitions needed for immediate delivery! In recent months, we’ve seen our rights and freedoms undermined, threatened and diminished by the Obama administration and their statist minions in Congress and the Department of Justice.
As patriots, we are duty-bound to fight for our God-given rights when they come under attack. That’s why we are eager to quickly reach our petition goal of 75,000 citizens who oppose and reject the efforts of elected government officials to strong-arm and censor our Free Speech rights. Once our goal is reached, Grassfire will move quickly to deliver petitions to each of these officials and to Dan Cathy. Go here now to ensure that you are a part of this effort: http://www.grassfire.com/271/petition.asp
After signing, we urge you to alert your friends and family members – let them know the REAL story about this attack on Chick-fil-A, and encourage them to join with you by going here: http://www.grassfire.com/271/petition.asp Thank you for taking a stand for our First Amendment Rights.
Nobody is trying to stop the owners of Chick-fil-A from stating their opinion and from what I can tell all that has been going on since Cathy made his statement is political puffery. I understand that there is already a Chick-fil-A in Chicago and several in its suburbs and I can't imagine one being blocked unless they clearly violate a policy.
Example: Nobody can stop Bill Gates from saying "I would love to visit the cemeteries of this nation and exhume the corpses of your grandmothers for copulation." He is completely within his rights to say that and no legal action can be taken against his company, but that doesn't mean that Microsoft stock wouldn't plummet as a result.
Just because someone has the right to say something doesn't mean that everybody has to respect or like what was said.
I stand by Dan Cathy's right to free speech but I do not stand by his ignorant views.
dave

Waynesburg, KY

#77 Jul 30, 2012
hehe wrote:
Did you know- they are closed on Sundays ?
I didn't know that until last year in Orlando.
We have never eaten there, we went there to eat one day - but they are closed on Sundays. How quaint !
anyway -
Family owned Christan values Restaurant.
Let them do whatever they want.
hehe
It's actually owned by Mormons.
Dave

Dyer, TN

#78 Jul 30, 2012
Eat at Wendy's.

She was adopted and loved as one of their own.
Pain

United States

#79 Jul 31, 2012
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if u don't like their opinion then suck it up and move on instead of complaining, whining, and crying like everyone does these days.
Pain

United States

#80 Jul 31, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Just nasty to the bone.You should have no rights especially the first amendment.
And wonders why nobody values his opinion lmao
Pain

United States

#81 Jul 31, 2012
lmao wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh that makes sense.You wont support a company because the man stated his opinion and yet the middle east which we get our oil and gas from expresses their opinion by torturing and hanging or stoning gays to DEATH and you will still use their oil.
How nice of you to support the gays by not buying a chickie samwich.lol.The gays can still go in there and buy a sandwich and not get killed for it at least.Over there they better never let it even be known they are gay or they die.
Gotta luv how these rights supporters think.I support you if it dont hurt me but if I have to REALLY give up something I need I will find a way around it by twisting it to fit them.
WHATS THE MIDDLE EAST HAVE TO DO WITH IT YOU SAY?
Can you read the link.Dont want to give up that gas and stay out of your car huh?
Burn

Since: Mar 09

Greenbrier, AR

#83 Jul 31, 2012
I think these politicians are crossing the line but citizens have every right to criticize and boycott just like Cathy has every right to state his opinion.

I was reading somewhere that they may really be able to block it using the same law they use to ban adult businsses...by saying it would be detrimental to the community, cause traffic problems, and so on...see, that is what happens when we pass laws to limit others freedom, it gets turned back on us!

Now, if the company lied about the fake facebook account and the Jim Henson deal that is really a shame.
Capitol Hill

Murray, KY

#85 Jul 31, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>wow the stupidity of some people! you saw the proof link and the petition. the liberals ARE trying to stop the second amendment rights.
There were several links to a petition, but a petition isn't proof of anything.
I looked it up and the dude in Chicago was wanting to use some obscure Chicago tradition to block a second store from opening
"Alderman Joe Moreno, who represents Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood, plans to use his aldermanic privilege, a Chicago tradition in which City Council members defer to aldermen on local matters, to block the restaurant's permit."
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/chick-fil-bloc...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/30/opinion/randazz...

I also wonder why you bring up the Second Amendment? None of this issue has anything to do with the right to bear arms. Seems like you need to brush up on your Constitution and Bill of Rights.
This ain't my first rodeo, buddy.
Weird Stain

Watsontown, PA

#86 Jul 31, 2012
Taco Bell supports man on dog. Thats why Santorum doesn't eat there.
chicken head

Paris, KY

#87 Jul 31, 2012
gays want to remane it Cock-fil-a ,suck more chicken eat more cock
tongue and groove

Morehead, KY

#88 Jul 31, 2012
chicken head wrote:
gays want to remane it Cock-fil-a ,suck more chicken eat more cock
lesbians aren't into chicken; except for chicken of the sea
Capitol Hill

Murray, KY

#90 Aug 1, 2012
More going on wrote:
<quoted text>There's more going on than you think. The Leftist inspired "Hate-Mor-Chikn" campaign is spreading faster than chicken salad at a state fair as the mayors of Washington, D.C., and San Francisco have joined with the mayors in Boston and Chicago, threatening to keep the faith-based food chain Chick-fil-A from expanding into their cities....Of course this "hate chicken" campaign, coined by D.C. mayor Vincent Gray isn't legal ... A first year law student, or a citizen with elementary knowledge of the constitution knows that a state or city has no legal right or authority to pick one ideology over another. But that doesn't seem to matter to these elected officials who seem committed to piling on regardless what the constitution, and Civil Rights statutes say. And of course the liberal media are getting into the act ...
Yesterday the Huffington Post wrote that because of Cathy's comments supporting marriage between one man and one woman, he was "alienating customers." That's why Grassfire Nation responded so quickly -- giving citizens a platform to respond -- to counter these Leftist assaults and show support for our God-given right to express our opinions without fear. Ensure that you are included in our upcoming petition deliveries in support of Chick-fil-A's Free Speech rights by going here now: http://www.grassfire.com/271/petition.asp...
With this hate-inspired campaign against Chick-fil-A intensifying, Grassfire is eager to respond quickly with petitions to these various elected officials. So after signing, forward this message to 25-30 friends and family members -- urge them to stand for Free Speech by going here now and signing our petition: http://www.grassfire.com/271/petition.asp... Support Chick-fil-A Day!
After signing and alerting your friends, show the constitutionally challenged Left that freedom-loving Americans want "MOR CHIKIN!" by celebrating Chick-fil-A Day on Wednesday, August 1. Former governor, and Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee came up with the idea, and we support it, urging freedom-loving citizens to frequent the Chick-fil-A of their choosing. Again, Chick-fil-A Day is Wednesday, August 1, so after signing our national petition, take your friends and family and show your support for our Free Speech Rights! Thank you for taking a stand for our First Amendment Rights.
You keep spamming links to this petition but you have yet to post any links to back up any of your claims.
weird

Morehead, KY

#91 Aug 1, 2012
More going on wrote:
<quoted text>There's more going on than you think. The Leftist inspired "Hate-Mor-Chikn" campaign is spreading faster than chicken salad at a state fair as the mayors of Washington, D.C., and San Francisco have joined with the mayors in Boston and Chicago, threatening to keep the faith-based food chain Chick-fil-A from expanding into their cities....Of course this "hate chicken" campaign, coined by D.C. mayor Vincent Gray isn't legal ... A first year law student, or a citizen with elementary knowledge of the constitution knows that a state or city has no legal right or authority to pick one ideology over another. But that doesn't seem to matter to these elected officials who seem committed to piling on regardless what the constitution, and Civil Rights statutes say. And of course the liberal media are getting into the act ...
Yesterday the Huffington Post wrote that because of Cathy's comments supporting marriage between one man and one woman, he was "alienating customers." That's why Grassfire Nation responded so quickly -- giving citizens a platform to respond -- to counter these Leftist assaults and show support for our God-given right to express our opinions without fear. Ensure that you are included in our upcoming petition deliveries in support of Chick-fil-A's Free Speech rights by going here now: http://www.grassfire.com/271/petition.asp...
With this hate-inspired campaign against Chick-fil-A intensifying, Grassfire is eager to respond quickly with petitions to these various elected officials. So after signing, forward this message to 25-30 friends and family members -- urge them to stand for Free Speech by going here now and signing our petition: http://www.grassfire.com/271/petition.asp... Support Chick-fil-A Day!
After signing and alerting your friends, show the constitutionally challenged Left that freedom-loving Americans want "MOR CHIKIN!" by celebrating Chick-fil-A Day on Wednesday, August 1. Former governor, and Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee came up with the idea, and we support it, urging freedom-loving citizens to frequent the Chick-fil-A of their choosing. Again, Chick-fil-A Day is Wednesday, August 1, so after signing our national petition, take your friends and family and show your support for our Free Speech Rights! Thank you for taking a stand for our First Amendment Rights.
leftist aren't citizens?
PEV

Dyer, TN

#92 Aug 1, 2012
Funny Aint it wrote:
They are a Christian based family oriented business that publicly opposes gay marriage. So far, I have no problem with that. It's their choice.
But, they have publicly stated that they will serve gay and lesbian customers in their restaurants .
Funny how the desire to make money trumps their religious beliefs, otherwise they would refuse to serve gay and lesbian customers.
Money is their God.
Seems to me they are showing Christian tolerance by serving persons who have differing opinions. They have done absolutely nothing to the gay community except have an opinion that is differnt than theirs. Now because they have this opinion, the gay community wants to boycott them, in hopes of causing them hardship.....all because they're opinion is different. Seems to me the Chik-Fil-A guys are showing much more tolerance than the gay community.
llort

Watsontown, PA

#93 Aug 1, 2012
Just wait until a gay employee substitutes your mayo with his own.
haha

Phoenix, AZ

#94 Aug 1, 2012
Capitol Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep spamming links to this petition but you have yet to post any links to back up any of your claims.
click on the petition and then you click on 'home' its plain to see right there goober pyle.
no spam about it, it plain simple truth.
liberals are lying lily livered sin lickers.
Capitol Hill

Murray, KY

#95 Aug 1, 2012
haha wrote:
<quoted text>click on the petition and then you click on 'home' its plain to see right there goober pyle.
no spam about it, it plain simple truth.
liberals are lying lily livered sin lickers.
"click on the petition and then you click on 'home' its plain to see right there goober pyle."

I did, it isn't. The home page is just a bunch of petitions regarding other issues, if the link is on there then it is anything but plain to see. Besides if the link is so easy to find then why wasn't it posted in the spam in the first place?

"no spam about it, it plain simple truth."

I've seen the same post pasted onto several threads, it is totally spam.

"liberals are lying lily livered sin lickers."

Good thing I'm not a liberal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legacy Nissan of London 4 min NEVER AGAIN 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min Chalupa Batgirl 167,818
Chicken festival vendors (Sep '12) 1 hr Brooke 53
Ashley judd 2 hr coalminer 10
Becky Blevins 5 hr Bigrock4u 1
London let a Muslim own there town 6 hr Dr phil 2
Al gore home does what? 7 hr Dawin 11

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages