Next Last
curious

Pikeville, KY

#1 Apr 5, 2012
wondering who all the got in the 58 arrested
Info

United States

#3 Apr 5, 2012
Where do you get your info??? Post a link please. Like he/she said above. Today is the fifth.
randy

Stanford, KY

#4 Apr 5, 2012
It is on the LC Sheriff John Root's facebook page.

Go to facebook.com and search for Laurel County Sheriff Department.
funny

Somerset, KY

#5 Apr 5, 2012
curious wrote:
wondering who all the got in the 58 arrested
lmao this is funny today is the 5th You lost 2 days there somewhere friend bless your heart.
citizen

London, KY

#6 Apr 5, 2012
John Root and team are kicking a$$ and taking names!!!!Keep up the good work Sheriff!!
curious

Englewood, CO

#7 Apr 5, 2012
sorry,,didnt realize all my post wasnt there,,today was the 5th when i posted it but meant that it happend on the 3rd,,thanks to the ones that new what i was asking,,didnt think about the fbook page
question

Annville, KY

#8 Apr 6, 2012
citizen wrote:
John Root and team are kicking a$$ and taking names!!!!Keep up the good work Sheriff!!
A sheriff has to get somone to be a narc in order to make these busts. Just because other sheriffs have not been so lucky to get every other person they arrest to be a rat, does that make them any less of a sheriff? I dont think so. Its a game of luck in my opinion. How many people you can get to risk their lives to become a C.I.
citizen

London, KY

#9 Apr 6, 2012
question wrote:
<quoted text>A sheriff has to get somone to be a narc in order to make these busts. Just because other sheriffs have not been so lucky to get every other person they arrest to be a rat, does that make them any less of a sheriff? I dont think so. Its a game of luck in my opinion. How many people you can get to risk their lives to become a C.I.
Go back to bed or go to walmart and spend your food stamp card idiot!!
curious

London, KY

#10 Apr 6, 2012
how come the paper just says they arrested 12 and that is about all i saw on jailtracker .The sherriff website says 56 or 58 and more to get .
family 0f 3 girls

London, KY

#12 Apr 6, 2012
check out corbin's times tribute it tell's all the names
carl

London, KY

#13 Apr 6, 2012
Keep up the good work Sheriff and Deputies!
answer

Annville, KY

#14 Apr 7, 2012
curious wrote:
how come the paper just says they arrested 12 and that is about all i saw on jailtracker .The sherriff website says 56 or 58 and more to get .
Read it a little closer! They did not get 58 just on the last bust, they only got the 12 or whatever. They got 58 all together since the thing began. The way they always seem to word things is to make people think they got more than they did. Only 12 or so this time, the 58 is all together since the beginning!
question

Annville, KY

#15 Apr 7, 2012
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Go back to bed or go to walmart and spend your food stamp card idiot!!
O, how clever you must be to use the same old boring "food stamp, welfare", come back. Get a better quote! Call me nuts all you want, but it is true what I said. All these busts stem from spinless cowards getting in trouble and not wanting to pay their own way. You people cheer and go on like its wonderful that we are letting people obtain free, get out of your own trouble cards, and its only because of that, any sheriff can make a big name for themselves. I would rather see a sheriff have a high record for catching a bunch of thieves rather than using thieves to make a name for themselves with small time drug busts. I doubt many, if any of these people even sold enough drugs to pay their own bonds. Like the guy that had sold less than 8 ounces of pot. Get real! If nothing else its sad that people want to cheer when you see half our citizens going to jail in a time that is getting impossible to make ends meet. I find it very sad and its shamfull the way so many are on board with these modern day witch hunts!
here

Waynesburg, KY

#16 Apr 7, 2012
A dozen drug dealers were arrested by about 9 a.m. Thursday by a detail of 15 Laurel County Sheriff’s deputies, three deputy U.S. Marshals and two London Police Officers.

The officers left the sheriff’s office just after 6 a.m. in four teams.

They called it Operation Spring Sting.

Thursday’s work put the cap on work beginning on Jan. 1 of this year that seized more than $40,000 in cash and vehicles.

Two of those vehicles seized Thursday were a Tahoe truck and a Lexus.

By the end of Thursday, a total of 58 arrests had been made since the first day of the year.

The arrests made Thursday totalled 12 in both Laurel and Whitley counties.

Those from other counties, said Public Affairs Officer Deputy Gilbert Acciardo, often come into Laurel County to sell drugs.

And the sheriff’s office, with a Laurel County deputy who is also a deputy U.S. Marshal, may be able to make arrests out of Laurel County.

Back at the office following the arrests, Sheriff John Root said others on the list for Thursday were not to be found. He added,“Some were out of town or in another county, but I’m sure probably by the first of the week we’ll get ‘em. We will get ‘em.”

This is the fifth drug roundup since Root was elected sheriff and took over the office Jan. 1, 2011.

He explained the first drug roundup “was huge. For a fact, usage and manufacturing are down tremendously.” He added that the drop in drug making and selling is down by about 90 percent in the county since the first roundup.

“We’re going to continue the same thing we’re doing. If they’re crazy enough to do it they can expect a visit from us. Because they will eventually get our number,” he added.

Of the 12 arrested Thursday morning, one was arrested in the Whitley County area of Corbin.

Jimmy Gilbert, 38, of Palmer Street, Corbin, was charged with first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.

The other arrests were made in Laurel County.

Robert Neal Masters, 46, of Williamsburg, first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.

Kevin Lawson, 35, of London, first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance and second-degree fleeing or evading police.

Ruby Lawson, 64, of London, first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.

Jeremiah Moore, 20, of London, first-degree possession of a controlled substance and making methamphetamine.

Jason Moore, 25, of London, trafficking in less than eight ounces of marijuana.

Raymond Bullis, 41, of Corbin, first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.

Shawna Moore,(no age given), of Corbin, first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.

Tammy Creech, 45, of London, first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.

Ronnie Ratliff, 39, of London, two counts first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.

Casey Brock, 28, of Corbin, two counts first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.

And Elizabeth Lowe, 29, of Corbin, first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.

All were taken to the Laurel County Corrections Center.

Eight others are on the sheriff’s office list of wanted criminals dealing in drugs.

David Robinson, of East Branch Road, East Bernstadt, first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.

Dudley Wagers, of Bridgestone Road, London, first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.

Brandon Smith, of Parkhill Road, Corbin, two counts first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.

Mark Alexander, of Seeley Road, making meth.

Johanna McCormick, of Wildcat Road, London, trafficking in a controlled substance.

James Schueler, of KY 909, London, trafficking in a controlled substance.

Cora Collinsworth, of KY 909, London, first- and second-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.

And Christopher Smallwood, of Lon Chadwell Street, Corbin, first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
no more roots

Morehead, KY

#17 Apr 7, 2012
no more roots sheriff roots is the worst and dirtiest sheriff we ever had in this county and in 2014 hes not gonna get relelected in 2014 we are gonna elect a new one someone who is not a root goodbye.
question for all

United States

#18 Apr 7, 2012
If the Laurel County Sheriff's Office is doing such a good job of "combating" drugs then why isnt their less news about it in the paper? It is all about getting "RE-ELECTED". It is all about getting in the Paper and TV for free Media Coverage. Our current sheriff has not done anything more or less than previous administrations. As for these drug busts I am not impressed. they are going after the bottom of the food chain. I have yet to see a MAJOR Drug Bust with SERIOUS Court Sentencing. Until I see twenty year Sentences and not a slap on the wrist then Laurel County still has major problems and no amount of media coverage will fix it.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#19 Apr 7, 2012
I don't think the sheriff is the one that does the sentencing.
But he is doing a good job arresting them and he should get media coverage for it.

Thank you and keep up the good work Mr. Root and you will be reelected!
carl

London, KY

#20 Apr 7, 2012
answer wrote:
<quoted text>Read it a little closer! They did not get 58 just on the last bust, they only got the 12 or whatever. They got 58 all together since the thing began. The way they always seem to word things is to make people think they got more than they did. Only 12 or so this time, the 58 is all together since the beginning!
that's since January you dumba$$
for real

London, KY

#21 Apr 7, 2012
question wrote:
<quoted text>O, how clever you must be to use the same old boring "food stamp, welfare", come back. Get a better quote! Call me nuts all you want, but it is true what I said. All these busts stem from spinless cowards getting in trouble and not wanting to pay their own way. You people cheer and go on like its wonderful that we are letting people obtain free, get out of your own trouble cards, and its only because of that, any sheriff can make a big name for themselves. I would rather see a sheriff have a high record for catching a bunch of thieves rather than using thieves to make a name for themselves with small time drug busts. I doubt many, if any of these people even sold enough drugs to pay their own bonds. Like the guy that had sold less than 8 ounces of pot. Get real! If nothing else its sad that people want to cheer when you see half our citizens going to jail in a time that is getting impossible to make ends meet. I find it very sad and its shamfull the way so many are on board with these modern day witch hunts!
Then tell the so sorry bastards to get s real frigging job!!! I don't want drugs around my kids or grandkids!!!!! I bet you're a real winner!!!!!!!!! Or maybe I should say Weiner???
for real

London, KY

#22 Apr 7, 2012
question for all wrote:
If the Laurel County Sheriff's Office is doing such a good job of "combating" drugs then why isnt their less news about it in the paper? It is all about getting "RE-ELECTED". It is all about getting in the Paper and TV for free Media Coverage. Our current sheriff has not done anything more or less than previous administrations. As for these drug busts I am not impressed. they are going after the bottom of the food chain. I have yet to see a MAJOR Drug Bust with SERIOUS Court Sentencing. Until I see twenty year Sentences and not a slap on the wrist then Laurel County still has major problems and no amount of media coverage will fix it.
You need yo hall your a$$ to court and see first handed for yourself and quit running your flapper.Most of their cases are federal cases.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Szabo 166,303
trump 2 hr Bull Durham 13
Swingers club in or near London 2 hr Harrison 2
who's heather creche baby daddy 3 hr The Original Yeti 2
Ricky smallwood wrecked on 192 6 hr Lawnmower Man 6
great wall 13 hr neveragain 8
game of thrones spoiler 15 hr spoiler 1

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance