First Prev
of 2
Next Last
skinny cow

Somerset, KY

#1 Apr 29, 2008
What diet pills work best? Any opinions? I'm desperate! Ohhh, what I would give for some old-timey fen-phen!!!!
skinny cow

Somerset, KY

#2 Apr 29, 2008
OK--let me go ahead and say it and save someone the trouble. I KNOW I need to do it the old fashioned way--push the plate back and exercise but sometimes I just need a little help!

Since: Apr 08

Here and there

#5 Apr 29, 2008
I have heard and seen about a lot of great results with adapex. It just all depends on if you can take it or not. I would talk to your doctor about it. Some of them are dangerous.
dieter

London, KY

#6 Apr 30, 2008
what is the cost?
dieter from way back

Somerset, KY

#7 Apr 30, 2008
I've taken adapex off and on for years and I'll promise you that they only supress the appetite for a short time. Then, once you quit taking them, you have fatigue and a drastically increased appetite. I've never successfully kept weight off with them. I have lost great with weight watchers. Research shows that it is the most successful program in the US.
Queen B

London, KY

#8 Apr 30, 2008
I also had good results with weight watchers. I don't have a lot of time to exercise, so I clean house, work outside in the yard, and park further away (to walk in a store). These things help. Weight will come off slowly, but that is the best way.
Citizen

London, KY

#9 Apr 30, 2008
dieter from way back wrote:
I've taken adapex off and on for years and I'll promise you that they only supress the appetite for a short time. Then, once you quit taking them, you have fatigue and a drastically increased appetite. I've never successfully kept weight off with them. I have lost great with weight watchers. Research shows that it is the most successful program in the US.
I also have taken adipex (phentermine) off and on for about 8 years, and I must agree. They are only a short term solution. They do great at getting you started on your way to losing weight, however their effectivenesss does wear off the longer you are on them. Not to mention I have, at times, had different annoying side effects. Of course dry mouth, heart palpitations, severe dry skin, loss of hair, insomnia, severe allergic skin reactions (like acne except much more painful), and the list goes on and on. So Needless to say I no longer use them, nor will I ever. I have learned after all these years of trial and error that it all boils down to portion control, controlling your emotional eating episodes, and making better nutritional choices. I do not recommend adipex to anyone. You will have results with them, however, if you fail to change your eating habits, once you go off of them you will gain it every bit back and then some...just my experience.
candlebox

London, KY

#10 Apr 30, 2008
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I also have taken adipex (phentermine) off and on for about 8 years, and I must agree. They are only a short term solution. They do great at getting you started on your way to losing weight, however their effectivenesss does wear off the longer you are on them. Not to mention I have, at times, had different annoying side effects. Of course dry mouth, heart palpitations, severe dry skin, loss of hair, insomnia, severe allergic skin reactions (like acne except much more painful), and the list goes on and on. So Needless to say I no longer use them, nor will I ever. I have learned after all these years of trial and error that it all boils down to portion control, controlling your emotional eating episodes, and making better nutritional choices. I do not recommend adipex to anyone. You will have results with them, however, if you fail to change your eating habits, once you go off of them you will gain it every bit back and then some...just my experience.
oh yes, all these symptoms and more ,mood swings that are out of this world ,depression ,isolation ,you may as well be made of sand because your skin and hair will dry out dramatically if you dont drink 8 GALLONS of water a day {no joke } one minute you are fine and the next sick as a dog with nausea .
in the beginning you will think you have found the end all be all perfect pill ,after a couple of months the FIT WITH START HITTING THE SHAN !
SURE

Dahlonega, GA

#11 Apr 30, 2008
STACKERS WORK FOR ME

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#12 Apr 30, 2008
I have seen women actually look grayish in the face after taking phent.for a while.It was like it changed their skin tones.
losinurtouch

United States

#14 Apr 30, 2008
ROTTEDPOODIN wrote:
i tell you what works for Social ABOUT 12" OF SOLID HICKORY STUMP...AGED BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HEEEE HOOOOO MOOOOO
you didn't spell puddin right you ought to take your fenfen or is it phen-phen?do you ever get tired of this?i know the answer,just wanna hear what you say.
kickin it

London, KY

#16 Apr 30, 2008
to lose weight, you must burn more calories than you consume daily... that's the "secret" these diet pills and fad diets will only hurt you in the long run. you will come off them and end up stuffing yourself with food and end up gaining weight. if you cut 500 calories from your diet every day for one week, you will lose 1 lb. any extra exercise you do will only increase that 1 lb of weight you will lose just by shedding the 500 calories.
kickin it

London, KY

#17 Apr 30, 2008
to lose weight, you must burn more calories than you consume daily... that's the "secret" these diet pills and fad diets will only hurt you in the long run. you will come off them and end up stuffing yourself with food and end up gaining weight. if you cut 500 calories from your diet every day for one week, you will lose 1 lb. any extra exercise you do will only increase that 1 lb of weight you will lose just by shedding the 500 calories
Natasha J

London, KY

#19 May 3, 2008
I think that adipex work really good my problem is i forget to take them.
SUPER

AOL

#21 May 3, 2008
Where do you go to get adipex ? I have heard alot of doctors will not write them out!! I weigh 136 but would love to be around 115 again!!!!!Please send me to the right person.
silly willy

London, KY

#22 May 3, 2008
jellico tn, there is two places right off the exit. premier weight loss and new weigh weight loss.
Super

AOL

#23 May 6, 2008
silly willy wrote:
jellico tn, there is two places right off the exit. premier weight loss and new weigh weight loss.
Would they write me one out? I just weigh 135 or so!!!! I really need them!!!!!
Citizen

London, KY

#25 May 7, 2008
Southern Charmer wrote:
<quoted text>There is no way i would have ever forgot to take them ,these are addictive pills and if you have an addictive personality you are in big trouble .i would never forget because i was always thinking about them .got myself up to taking 6-7 a day i was so addicted be careful with these things they are expensive and you will pay the price dearly when you get yourself in the shape i was .PLEASE be careful .
OMG 6-7 a day, I must ask how did you manage to do this and not have a heart attack, not to mention ever get any sleep? I could take one and it lasted me until like 10 at night, still had trouble getting to sleep even then. Whatever happened to taking them as prescribed?? Abusing any prescription med., or taking more than the prescribed amount and yes you will develop an addiction. USE COMMON SENSE - they are addictive just as any other drug. I don't recommend them simply because of the side effects, and the fact that my 32 year old sister had to have a pace maker implanted after years of on again off again extended use.
didthis

Mayfield, KY

#29 May 17, 2008
these pills will kill you. just get some will power and lose weight. the pills take it off short term easily. but when it comes back it comes back and it stays. you end up with the weight AND all of hte medical problems that go with them.
The lost Angel

Richlands, VA

#30 May 17, 2008
the old tyme pfen phen, you would lose more than weight try life. Have you heard of Pulmonary Hypertension that is what phen phen caused. ITs a disease that has no cure. How do you feel about your lungs bleeding. Because if one prescribtion deit pill does it how many more will? Try lipozene its over the counter and trains you to eat less. After a week or two you don't need the pills you just want less. I promise you do not want to chance a heavy medication the price could be your life. I know I am a PH advocate and the parent of a patient dying from this condition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Just Saying 138,076
looking to buy a fixer upper house in london 4 hr Jeana 1
star security (Oct '09) 4 hr chingy 10
London Pet Lodge 5 hr I know 1
Anywhere to meet single ladies 6 hr Love is in the air 5
Urban Legends of London (Jun '08) 6 hr Mel25 35
Sasquatch 6 hr Mel25 3
More from around the web

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]