How do YOU COOK soup beans without gas?

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Farts2much

Houston, TX

#1 Sep 12, 2011
I love my soup beans, but they make me fart too much. Me and the hubby farts each other out.
I am on the look out for good cooking tips.
weezy

London, KY

#2 Sep 12, 2011
put a small potatoe in the pot with the beans when you first start cooking them. The potatoe will cook up and be nothing but thickening for the juice and it does seem to help. Or you could always go to kroger and buy some Beano
Anonymous

London, KY

#3 Sep 12, 2011
Farts2much wrote:
I love my soup beans, but they make me fart too much. Me and the hubby farts each other out.
I am on the look out for good cooking tips.
Soak them in baking soda and water before cooking.
looking for hope

Dyer, TN

#4 Sep 12, 2011
put a half to a teaspoon of sugar in them . In works i promise . All so in all gasie food .Like cabbage or chilli anything and it doesn't change the taste at all.
Expierenced

Dyer, TN

#5 Sep 12, 2011
Cook carrots with em just don't eat the carrots lol it's my mamaws trick
tubby

London, KY

#6 Sep 12, 2011
I bring the beans to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes. Turn them off and let set for about a half an hour. Pour that off and use fresh water and start again, cooking as you wish, fatback, porkchop, whatever you use to season, throw a chopped onion in! When you pour off the first boil you will pour off the farts.
twink

Brodhead, KY

#7 Sep 13, 2011
The One And Only Tater wrote:
<quoted text>Soak them in baking soda and water before cooking.
u can soak them in pepsi too, for at least 4 hrs prior to cooking them.
NO GAS

Doniphan, MO

#8 Sep 13, 2011
If you don't want gas , try electric :) sorry just couln't resist the humor .
Trying to help

Falls Of Rough, KY

#9 Sep 13, 2011
tubby (above) is right
wondering

Greenville, SC

#10 Sep 13, 2011
You can cook a carrot or small onion in them. Just throw away after the beans are cooked. Do this all the time.
Dawg

Nerinx, KY

#11 Sep 13, 2011
tubby wrote:
I bring the beans to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes. Turn them off and let set for about a half an hour. Pour that off and use fresh water and start again, cooking as you wish, fatback, porkchop, whatever you use to season, throw a chopped onion in! When you pour off the first boil you will pour off the farts.
I boil them longer than that, but it works.I'lltry your way next time.
it werx

Secaucus, NJ

#12 Sep 13, 2011
The One And Only Tater wrote:
<quoted text>Soak them in baking soda and water before cooking.
id rather do it your way than tubby's way.
if you boil it like he said and then pour it out, then you have tossed out the part that makes thick red soup.
after picking out rocks and washing the beans, i just soak them in a teaspoon of soda and water, for awhile then cook them in the soda water.
Old Timer

Madisonville, KY

#13 Sep 13, 2011
Why??

That just takes all the fun out of it.
for real

Cynthiana, KY

#14 Sep 13, 2011
I'm like another post,add a little sugar,can't taste it.Plus i love BEANO.
answers

United States

#15 Sep 13, 2011
After cooking, approximately 5 min before you remove them from the heat, add about half a teaspoon of baking soda! Be prepared to stir them, as they will begin to foam alot! This cooks off the "gas"! After the foaming has stopped you are good to go. Turn off the heat and enjoy! Just be sure not to add too much so you don't alter the flavor! Half of a teaspoon of baking soda will suffice for a pound of pintos!
cook

London, KY

#16 Sep 13, 2011
Try a little ginger in the beans. Ginger is good for your stomach.
orange slow cooker

Brodhead, KY

#17 Sep 13, 2011
For a long time I thought my kids loved my beans. Then I realized they only like what they made them do. They thought it was funny.

Beans beans they're good for the heart the more you eat the more you fart the more you fart the better you feel... beans beans. lmao
smart a55

Columbus, OH

#18 Sep 13, 2011
orange slow cooker wrote:
For a long time I thought my kids loved my beans. Then I realized they only like what they made them do. They thought it was funny.
Beans beans they're good for the heart the more you eat the more you fart the more you fart the better you feel... beans beans. lmao
yeah, beans bean the musical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot.
the more you toot the better you feel.
you ought to have beans for every meal.
ace

Pikeville, KY

#19 Sep 13, 2011
Use red pepper! Cheaper than Beano.
tubby

London, KY

#20 Sep 13, 2011
I tried the baking soda stuff a long time ago, they tasted right funky. I still think if you bring to a boil, let set awhile and pour it off, you will pour off the farts. Look at the water, it will be GREEN. The rich 'soup' you want will come after, when you cook them with your seasonings. Never saw a bean I didn't adore......put put ha ha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homeless after divorce 14 min caseworker 5
Joyce Meyer-the multimillionaire hypocrite (Oct '10) 20 min well 139
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 44 min ChromiuMan 156,612
i need $300 fast (Jun '09) 2 hr lolol 45
MSNBC has only fake news 3 hr Well 6
Join the black clan 5 hr Kermit 4
staff mark/flowers bakery 7 hr court jester 1

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages