Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Sep 8, 2013
omg

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 18, 2013
 
weezy

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

I think its about time we had a jailer that actually tries to make a positive impact on the inmates hes in charge of.
throw away the key

Argyle, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

This is the stupidest idea I have ever heard of. A picnic a the jail where the inmates cannot attend. Only watch their family members. Where does this guy get these nutty ideas? He has to GO!
rebel yell

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

what the hell is wrong with you people, Jamey tries to do something to make the inmates day go by a little better and all y'all wanna do is trash him on "Topix"
throw away the key

Lascassas, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

rebel yell wrote:
what the hell is wrong with you people, Jamey tries to do something to make the inmates day go by a little better and all y'all wanna do is trash him on "Topix"
Tries to do something to make the inmates day go by a little better?
Having a Picnic at the Jail and the inmates cannot attend the Picnic with their family. Now how is that making the inmates Day go by a little better? If you ask me this might fall into the category of "Cruel and Unusual Punishment."
Knowing your loved one could be there and you cant talk to them you cant hug them. This was a STUPID thing to do!!!!!
Observer

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 22, 2013
 

Judged:

4

1

First of all, they are in prison, not summer camp. The days of their victims do not get easier nor is anyone hosting paid for outings for the VICTIMS. That's why they are in jail. It's a punishment, not a vacation spot or family reunion.
The flip side to this , lets say you do agree that the inmates deserve some luxury and this nice outing with their family. how is this nice or helpful to them to sit and watch their family eat, have fun, and not even be able to communicate. Do you think a small child of an inmate would understand this?
Do you think the families of the inmates enjoyed being paraded in public, "oh our loved one is in jail lets eat hot dogs, and everyone snap pictures of us.
There was nothing about this meant to be for the inmates.
uuummm

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 22, 2013
 
Does anyone know if the inmates were forced to attend and how many families showed up?
throw away the key

Sanders, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Observer wrote:
First of all, they are in prison, not summer camp. The days of their victims do not get easier nor is anyone hosting paid for outings for the VICTIMS. That's why they are in jail. It's a punishment, not a vacation spot or family reunion.
The flip side to this , lets say you do agree that the inmates deserve some luxury and this nice outing with their family. how is this nice or helpful to them to sit and watch their family eat, have fun, and not even be able to communicate. Do you think a small child of an inmate would understand this?
Do you think the families of the inmates enjoyed being paraded in public, "oh our loved one is in jail lets eat hot dogs, and everyone snap pictures of us.
There was nothing about this meant to be for the inmates.
I totally agree with you. A good Lawyer could interpret this as "Cruel and Unusual Punishment." Under the 8th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Think about the idea above of a small child who could not hold or embrace its mother or father. Think about the Father or mother who could not comfort there child.
A good lawyer could claim extreme emotional distress and by virtue the mother or father is imprisoned this would constitute Cruel and Unusual Punishment.
This is a Publicity Stunt Plain and Simple.
FYI

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jul 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

STAY..........OUT..........OF. .........JAIL.
Mediahungry

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jul 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

FYI wrote:
STAY..........OUT..........OF. .........JAIL.
He goes to the news media to get attention for every project. He is not qualified to make decisions concerning the why or how the inmates are in the jail. He is not the judge deciding their cases. He needs to concentrate on the condition of the jail and his decisions concerning the health of inmates. He is not qualified to decide who needs medical attention. Mr. Mosley should be concerned about his staff and the everyday running of the jail.
BSS

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jul 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I have been in jail a few times I'm ashamed to say. And one of those times was a few years ago after Jamie was jailer. While I was there I was treated with respect and Jamie's wife and the other guards were very nice and acted concerned. The place was much cleaner than the previous times I had been there and the way I look at it now is if I don't like the way the place is ran then I sure need to obey the law and not end up there again! I don't ever want to go back! The only thing I can really say that needed much improvement was the way inmates were treated when they were sick. However, when you are coming off of drugs an inmate will say or do anything just to get Benadryl or a sleep aid to make their time go by faster and from what I saw I'm sure the cost of those medications add up quickly, so in all reality I can't complain about that either. Jail is not a vacation! It's jail! Your punishment for breaking the law! I learned my lesson and don't plan on having that kind if experience again. As far as the picnic goes I'm not sure in that one. It probably is a publicity stunt for re election later, but who knows, maybe not. He could've had other reasons for it. I can see what you all are saying about it negatively effecting an inmates children, but in all reality, it is a parents responsibility to see to it that their child isn't upset and if that inmate wants their child to feel happy then don't go to jail! It's ultimately the parent who broke the laws fault for their child being upset for not being able to give mommy and daddy a hug! Don't take your child or grandchild to the picnics at the jail if you think it would bother them. All this is common sense people. I wouldn't be as angry with Jamie for having a picnic that upset the inmates or their kids as much as I would be disappointed with the inmate for causing the situation in the first place! With all that being said, I worked a few years back at a restaurant and Jamie Mosley came in a few times and he wasn't the nicest man I've ever met. He is either quiet natured, arrogant, or thinks he's better than others. Not sure. I felt uncomfortable serving him. I do know that! His wife would come in and check on all the female inmates when I was there and she was a sweetheart. She was stern but polite about it. I thought the way the guards were made to be mature and respectful even when being stern was the way to go. You can get your point across to inmates without being evil like I have seen in the past. I don't think guards should be allowed to treat inmates so rudely when they aren't causing a problem at that particular time. I have seen some of the guards when I was younger be straight up cruel. I know I will catch slack over saying that. There will be someone who says inmates should be treated like scum, but I just disagree. They are there to do a job. Keep things under control and hold people who have broken the law until time for them to be released. They should have no right to be mean for no reason. Thy would be my only complaint. I'm not a complete idiot, however, and do realize that some of the inmates are CRAZY and that's the only way to deal with them. Personally, I don't think the picnic made much sense, but if the inmates don't like it then keep your side of the street clean and stay home and take care of your kids! That way you don't have to worry about them getting their heart broken at a picnic while your butt sits inside the jail! That's your fault not Jamie's!
Just ME

Brownsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jul 22, 2013
 
BSS wrote:
I have been in jail a few times I'm ashamed to say. And one of those times was a few years ago after Jamie was jailer. While I was there I was treated with respect and Jamie's wife and the other guards were very nice and acted concerned. The place was much cleaner than the previous times I had been there and the way I look at it now is if I don't like the way the place is ran then I sure need to obey the law and not end up there again! I don't ever want to go back! The only thing I can really say that needed much improvement was the way inmates were treated when they were sick. However, when you are coming off of drugs an inmate will say or do anything just to get Benadryl or a sleep aid to make their time go by faster and from what I saw I'm sure the cost of those medications add up quickly, so in all reality I can't complain about that either. Jail is not a vacation! It's jail! Your punishment for breaking the law! I learned my lesson and don't plan on having that kind if experience again. As far as the picnic goes I'm not sure in that one. It probably is a publicity stunt for re election later, but who knows, maybe not. He could've had other reasons for it. I can see what you all are saying about it negatively effecting an inmates children, but in all reality, it is a parents responsibility to see to it that their child isn't upset and if that inmate wants their child to feel happy then don't go to jail! It's ultimately the parent who broke the laws fault for their child being upset for not being able to give mommy and daddy a hug! Don't take your child or grandchild to the picnics at the jail if you think it would bother them. All this is common sense people. I wouldn't be as angry with Jamie for having a picnic that upset the inmates or their kids as much as I would be disappointed with the inmate for causing the situation in the first place! With all that being said, I worked a few years back at a restaurant and Jamie Mosley came in a few times and he wasn't the nicest man I've ever met. He is either quiet natured, arrogant, or thinks he's better than others. Not sure. I felt uncomfortable serving him. I do know that! His wife would come in and check on all the female inmates when I was there and she was a sweetheart. She was stern but polite about it. I thought the way the guards were made to be mature and respectful even when being stern was the way to go. You can get your point across to inmates without being evil like I have seen in the past. I don't think guards should be allowed to treat inmates so rudely when they aren't causing a problem at that particular time. I have seen some of the guards when I was younger be straight up cruel. I know I will catch slack over saying that. There will be someone who says inmates should be treated like scum, but I just disagree. They are there to do a job. Keep things under control and hold people who have broken the law until time for them to be released. They should have no right to be mean for no reason. Thy would be my only complaint. I'm not a complete idiot, however, and do realize that some of the inmates are CRAZY and that's the only way to deal with them. Personally, I don't think the picnic made much sense, but if the inmates don't like it then keep your side of the street clean and stay home and take care of your kids! That way you don't have to worry about them getting their heart broken at a picnic while your butt sits inside the jail! That's your fault not Jamie's!
Very well said don't know who you are but sounds like on the right track and yes I agree with you almost word for word you should be proud
Fan

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jul 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BSS wrote:
I have been in jail a few times I'm ashamed to say. And one of those times was a few years ago after Jamie was jailer. While I was there I was treated with respect and Jamie's wife and the other guards were very nice and acted concerned. The place was much cleaner than the previous times I had been there and the way I look at it now is if I don't like the way the place is ran then I sure need to obey the law and not end up there again! I don't ever want to go back! The only thing I can really say that needed much improvement was the way inmates were treated when they were sick. However, when you are coming off of drugs an inmate will say or do anything just to get Benadryl or a sleep aid to make their time go by faster and from what I saw I'm sure the cost of those medications add up quickly, so in all reality I can't complain about that either. Jail is not a vacation! It's jail! Your punishment for breaking the law! I learned my lesson and don't plan on having that kind if experience again. As far as the picnic goes I'm not sure in that one. It probably is a publicity stunt for re election later, but who knows, maybe not. He could've had other reasons for it. I can see what you all are saying about it negatively effecting an inmates children, but in all reality, it is a parents responsibility to see to it that their child isn't upset and if that inmate wants their child to feel happy then don't go to jail! It's ultimately the parent who broke the laws fault for their child being upset for not being able to give mommy and daddy a hug! Don't take your child or grandchild to the picnics at the jail if you think it would bother them. All this is common sense people. I wouldn't be as angry with Jamie for having a picnic that upset the inmates or their kids as much as I would be disappointed with the inmate for causing the situation in the first place! With all that being said, I worked a few years back at a restaurant and Jamie Mosley came in a few times and he wasn't the nicest man I've ever met. He is either quiet natured, arrogant, or thinks he's better than others. Not sure. I felt uncomfortable serving him. I do know that! His wife would come in and check on all the female inmates when I was there and she was a sweetheart. She was stern but polite about it. I thought the way the guards were made to be mature and respectful even when being stern was the way to go. You can get your point across to inmates without being evil like I have seen in the past. I don't think guards should be allowed to treat inmates so rudely when they aren't causing a problem at that particular time. I have seen some of the guards when I was younger be straight up cruel. I know I will catch slack over saying that. There will be someone who says inmates should be treated like scum, but I just disagree. They are there to do a job. Keep things under control and hold people who have broken the law until time for them to be released. They should have no right to be mean for no reason. Thy would be my only complaint. I'm not a complete idiot, however, and do realize that some of the inmates are CRAZY and that's the only way to deal with them. Personally, I don't think the picnic made much sense, but if the inmates don't like it then keep your side of the street clean and stay home and take care of your kids! That way you don't have to worry about them getting their heart broken at a picnic while your butt sits inside the jail! That's your fault not Jamie's!
Maybe Mr. Mosley could get you to go on TV and do a reelection spot for him.
Coolie

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jul 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

uuummm wrote:
Does anyone know if the inmates were forced to attend and how many families showed up?
It would be out of the scope of the Jailer's authority to force the families to attend; therefore, they did not have to. If they did not, it would be rather stupid to have an inmate watch another inmates family.

It appeared to be quite an ignorant thing to do and I have no pity for the inmates. But this was stupid.
Reelection ploy

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jul 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Coolie wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be out of the scope of the Jailer's authority to force the families to attend; therefore, they did not have to. If they did not, it would be rather stupid to have an inmate watch another inmates family.
It appeared to be quite an ignorant thing to do and I have no pity for the inmates. But this was stupid.
Amen to your post. Mr. Mosley needs to concentrate on running the jail and training his staff. He needs to stop seeking attention from the press.
omg

Covington, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Sep 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

It would be a great idea fir the peiole who have famlie..to get timo spend some good time with there kids.not all peiole in jail are murderers or rapist..he runs tge jail he jnows who is trying and tgose whi are nit ......how awful ti see your famiky, kids haveing a oicnic and not joun them?? Thats crule. What happen to i be good to yiu, if your good to me?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
London Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

London Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

London News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in London
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••