Grounding kids for a punishment

Posted in the London Forum

Since: Mar 09

Winchester, KY

#1 Mar 19, 2009
My teenage son has been so mouthy lately so I grounded him to his room. No tv,stero,cell phone just the four walls and books. He said I am the only parent who does this. So tell me do other parents ground there kids what do you do to punish you kids. Yes I am going to let him read this to see what everyone else does.

Since: Dec 08

Staffordsville, KY

#2 Mar 19, 2009
I ground my kids when they do wrong, no your not the only parent who does this. I know several right here where I live that grounds their children.

“fo sho”

Since: Dec 08

nunya

#3 Mar 19, 2009
well i say ground him i've raised two boys, but when you ground them you should make the punishment fit the crime,grounding him from everything i don't think is right. if he was mouthy i'd say when he gets home he can't talk he has to right down everything, then ask alot of questions.and don't do it for a week because you know he won't or you won't last a week.i know my sons hated that. don't make a kid stay in his room thats not good for either of you, alot of times thats the problem parents don't have time for their kids, let him be part of the family or simply just spend more time with him find out why he has become more mouthy. good luck
Old Fashioned

AOL

#4 Mar 19, 2009
My granddaughter has been grounded from her cell phone for a complete quarter during school. She also has a smart mouth. I tend to believe in an old fashioned spanking or using a switch. It works!! You would probably have the school system and the Cabinet for Human Resources at your door shortly after. Her grounding is done by her parents for lower than expected grades and a smart mouth.
Parent

London, KY

#5 Mar 19, 2009
I ground my kids also...their ages are 4, 10, and almost 13...Grounding sometimes works for my kids, other times it doesn't.....

So good Luck!!!
Parent

London, KY

#6 Mar 19, 2009
Old Fashioned wrote:
My granddaughter has been grounded from her cell phone for a complete quarter during school. She also has a smart mouth. I tend to believe in an old fashioned spanking or using a switch. It works!! You would probably have the school system and the Cabinet for Human Resources at your door shortly after. Her grounding is done by her parents for lower than expected grades and a smart mouth.
I also spank...when grounding doesn't work...
mee2

Middlesboro, KY

#7 Mar 19, 2009
I was raised with spankings, and if you dont put a bruise on one, the human resourses can't do anything.
There is nothing in the law against proper disipline.
The devil and satan are against proper disipline, because he wants to raise your children and he puts evil in their mind.
But I made my child write so many times
I will not.........(do whatever it is she did)
It worked for me.

Since: Mar 09

Winchester, KY

#8 Mar 19, 2009
believe it or dont wrote:
well i say ground him i've raised two boys, but when you ground them you should make the punishment fit the crime,grounding him from everything i don't think is right. if he was mouthy i'd say when he gets home he can't talk he has to right down everything, then ask alot of questions.and don't do it for a week because you know he won't or you won't last a week.i know my sons hated that. don't make a kid stay in his room thats not good for either of you, alot of times thats the problem parents don't have time for their kids, let him be part of the family or simply just spend more time with him find out why he has become more mouthy. good luck
Thank you for the advise. I will try that next time so that way tonight he don't think he is getting away with anything.
parentwithaswitc h

Jackson, KY

#9 Mar 19, 2009
growing up if I diobeyed (as I often did) my Mom or Dad would make me break my own switch. This works because if I went out and got a flimsy one then one of my parents would go get what looked like a tree. I used this when raising my son and I am proud to say that I only had to spank him twice in his life. He is now 24yrs.old and very respectful, works eveyday and calls his Mother about everyday just to say hi and that he loves me. You see when they are teenagers they think we are so stupid but when they grow up they tend to think we got a little smarter just because they did.
hmm

AOL

#10 Apr 1, 2009
I think punishment depends on the kid. When I was a kid when my parents spanked me it didn't do any good, it only made me meaner. But I was beaten instead of spanked, and when it happened to me it was for the smallest things and whenever my dad was in a bad mood. I only spank my daughter when she does something extremely bad and believe me it works.
chris

Denver, CO

#11 Apr 1, 2009
lots to say wrote:
My teenage son has been so mouthy lately so I grounded him to his room. No tv,stero,cell phone just the four walls and books. He said I am the only parent who does this. So tell me do other parents ground there kids what do you do to punish you kids. Yes I am going to let him read this to see what everyone else does.
all ur son needs is a slap every time he mouths off and im positive he will stop
YAY

Winchester, KY

#12 Apr 2, 2009
I am yet another of the parents that your son will view as EVIL. I have gone so far as to take everything out of my boys room aside from a Bed Dresser, and Desk. I told him that is he continued to disrespect adults and not follow the rules he would spend his life like this. I let him know he would end up in jail, with none of the things that he wanted anyways. I do not set a time limit how ever on how long he is grounded. I tell him that he can earn his things back as he shows me he can be properly behaved. Kids take way to much for granted now and believe that it is their right to have any and everything they want.
I give you Kudos on being another parent that has taken the time to raise your child, instead of letting them do as they please being another problem that the public has to deal with in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
more hillary lies 52 min ha ha ha 7
Justice for Abused Animals 5 hr Kathy 1
Steak & Shake Closed?!?! 5 hr Too Busy 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr yabadabado 135,676
New Keneland Race tract 6 hr Fritz 26
st Josephs London ky 8 hr stella 1
Who Is Bringing In the Illegal Aliens? (Oct '14) 9 hr Enigma 112
More from around the web

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]