Why Hasn't SLHS Hired a Basketball Coach
Good News

Harrison, AR

#61 Jun 20, 2011
Ballboy (a.k.a. Steve Wright) I don't start shit, I just finish it!!!!!
Wondering

Georgetown, KY

#62 Jun 20, 2011
ballboy wrote:
( good news dont start shit sizemore has not turned down south u just want to start something)
I heard he did as well. I really don't know it to be true but that is today's gossip! I don't know what to believe anymore!! I just wish all of the hiring would hurry up and be over so we can start looking to next year. I'm not one of the coach wright haters that are on here but I am ready for a new coach so we can move on.
JCGenerals

Morehead, KY

#63 Jun 20, 2011
Well, I just heard that Parrott was contacted by North Laurel today about the head coaching job. I just hope its not true.
Sunset Flip

Vilonia, AR

#64 Jun 20, 2011
So are there any homerun hires out there? Or are both North and South settling for unproven "up and comers"?
In the Know

Vilonia, AR

#65 Jun 21, 2011
Brad Sizemore could be named the new South Laurel basketball coach as early as today. As for the North job, it must be posted 30 days before an hire can be made.
do you know

Elizabethtown, KY

#66 Jun 21, 2011
with cummins on vacation might be a while before a coach is named. nl job can be posted as long or short as the board allows.
In the know

Barbourville, KY

#67 Jun 21, 2011
30 days on the NLHS job. That my friend is a fact...
him

United States

#68 Jun 21, 2011
In the Know wrote:
Brad Sizemore could be named the new South Laurel basketball coach as early as today. As for the North job, it must be posted 30 days before an hire can be made.
as early as today? Ghee....they have dragged this out sooooo long! It's almost too late! It is soon to be dead period! Get on the stick already! Someone make a decision! Our boys need to know! Our coach needs to start making plans for this team and not whoever they currently coach! I do hope the best for Sizemore! He is a great coach and a great fit for a team who needs leadership like us! I have heard that he has done great things at Garrard in just a years time! That's awesome! We would be blessed to have him, but at this point,I don't really care who it is! Just get on the stick already! This has dragged out way too long! Not sure the hold up! Hope to hear something as "late"as today! There isn't anything "early" about it!
Just Sayin

United States

#69 Jun 21, 2011
I think Jesse Sizemore should get either job!
MrCool

London, KY

#70 Jun 21, 2011
South Laurel's athletics are in bad shape, IMO. Too much politics, too much good ole boy system. Why did they retain Welch as football coach? The man was a loser at NL, and has won a whopping 2-3 games in two years. Why, nearing the middle of Summer Break, is it taking SL this long to name a Varsity coach? Why are kids leaving LC to play sports at Corbin?
Curious2

Flemingsburg, KY

#71 Jun 21, 2011
In my opinion, Laurel County is in a bind. There aren't any high calibre coaches who want to come to Laurel County. The people who want the jobs are part of the good old boys network who will promise to the play the bigshot muckety-mucks' kids. Now, some of those kids will have talent and some will take a space from a talented player. One of the reasons that Corbin always has such a good team is that they recruit the best players from Corbin and the surrounding counties. They actually play the best players instead of leaving them cooling their heels on the bench. I have a bad feeling about basketball in Laurel County for the next few years.
former player

Harrison, AR

#72 Jun 21, 2011
Brad is the man for the job, actually anyone would be better than Steve Wright. Roscoe was the brains of the show anyway and South Laurel is missing out on their camp and fundraising activities for the upcoming season. Something needs to happen soon, but as a former player I know that Brad gets things done and doesn't let politics get in the way of talent and wins, and that is the biggest problem with laurel county basketball!
statitician

Murray, KY

#73 Jun 21, 2011
Have you looked at Garrard County's record last year?
What makes you think Sizemore is so qualified?
former player

Cynthiana, KY

#74 Jun 21, 2011
Did you see his roster laster year? i think he had 1 senior 2 juniors and the rest were sophmore's and freshmen, have you seen his aau records? i think he has took 3 or 4 teams to nationals and won state a few different years. He is definitely qualified.
Mitch

Martin, KY

#75 Jun 21, 2011
Hey buddy, they want Greg Parrett, man!!!!
david

Brodhead, KY

#76 Jun 21, 2011
mitch u are wrong north wanrs sizemore also some of u people amaze me where u get ur information u love to gossip
Just Sayin

London, KY

#77 Jun 21, 2011
I think either would be lucky to get Jesse Sizemore
wrong guy

Belvidere, IL

#78 Jun 21, 2011
We are talking about Brad Sizemore...not Jesse...we want Brad!
NL parent

London, KY

#79 Jun 21, 2011
I know of a lot of people who do not want Sizemore at NL.
Just Sayin

United States

#80 Jun 22, 2011
I know you are talking about Brad I am talking about JESSE!!! He is proving himself right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min another viewer 164,833
Dem senator pays off Russian ambassador 34 min Great news 1
Fake news ,fake followers 36 min Great news 1
Fee: Check Ppl Out B4 U Rent To Them 1 hr Fearnot 5
Were dem senators behind shooting 3 hr D Issa 7
my child came home from school with a dirty diaper (Feb '12) 3 hr Anita Cheque 129
Dead body on Filter Plant Road? 10 hr Dangerous Place 5

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages