South Bend, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Michigan becomes Right to Work State after the new law ends the Union strangle hold.

The Union Doof's are falling apart.

The Unions have a problem, their Trust Funds do not have enough money to meet their Obligations. The Leadership has mismanaged the money. They have robbed them blind with big salaries and political spending.

It takes 20 working members to support 1 retiree, they have 12. Thats why they need the " Card Check ". They are way short and they will go farther and farther in the hole. They want your tax dollars too pay for it and to be able to keep the same level of freebies. You know about their lavish Pensions.
hehe

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

People earn less money in (RTW) "Right To Work" States.
Employer-sponsored health insurance (ESI) is 2.6 percentage points lower in RTW states
Employer-sponsored pensions is 4.8 percentage points lower in RTW states
People lose bargaining power in RTW states

The Rich get Richer

hehe
Sotero

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

My son thought so.

Turns out his NON-union job puts more money in his pocket than his union friends receive. The high deductible insurance. The union dues. Strike fund. Christmas fund.(this one is really great they hold your money and then you get the same amount back).

Bumped through the Holidays for senior employees. The benefits are.......... they can be sorry and receive protection.
SpeakUp

River Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Sotero wrote:
My son thought so.
Turns out his NON-union job puts more money in his pocket than his union friends receive. The high deductible insurance. The union dues. Strike fund. Christmas fund.(this one is really great they hold your money and then you get the same amount back).
Bumped through the Holidays for senior employees. The benefits are.......... they can be sorry and receive protection.
Can we assume your son found a "pig in the polk"? Sure he did.

Unions do not want to dip into the principal monies of the Trust funds because it's the principal that captures the earnings that build the Trust Funds.

Yes, Union management could use some attitude adjustment same as big corporations can. What the Hell do you think pays the big executives of corporations? Your money, that's what...one way or the other. It cracks me up how much a label can define something. Open up your blocked heads and see all of it, not just what you think Obama likes. That way, for once in your life, you can.....think for yourself?
SpeakUp

River Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

new member wrote:
We must all join unions immediately !( And refuse to pay dues )
Yep and when you do, there goes your pension dear. Are you people pure outright idiots....defeating yourself. I've never in my life seen such a group of numb nuts in one pack of wolves that work so hard to defeat themselves. When you morons talk this way, you may as well write "use me" on the back of every shirt you got, because that's precisely what you're striving for. When they get people like you to support them, they then get into their dining rooms of millionaires and laugh their as-es off about how stupid you really are and how they just snowball you to bits. I'd hate to be that weak myself.
Fact

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Unions were a good thing when they started. They had the best interest of the working man in mind.
When the criminal orgs took over labor unions the working man became nothing but a pawn to generate capitol that the thugs could practically spend at will on whatever they wished to spend it on with no accountability whatsoever.
Todays Unions do very little for working Americans except take your hard earned money.
I have worked on union jobs. Never again will I put myself in a position to be forced to pay union dues to a bunch of crooks that could care less about me. All they want is my money and yours.
All labor unions should be disbanded. Fair wage laws should be implemented and enforced
Labor unions are the reason General Motors went broke. They are also the reason GM, Ford and Dodge cant compete with Toyota.
The big 3 have to pay almost twice as much for labor as Toyota all because of a union. Theres no way to compete with twice the labor cost to build the same thing. To me its a no brainer. Unions suck and should be done away with.
You Know

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Right to Work State means a right to work for less.
NoHelp Gov

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
Can we assume your son found a "pig in the polk"? Sure he did.
Unions do not want to dip into the principal monies of the Trust funds because it's the principal that captures the earnings that build the Trust Funds.
Yes, Union management could use some attitude adjustment same as big corporations can. What the Hell do you think pays the big executives of corporations? Your money, that's what...one way or the other. It cracks me up how much a label can define something. Open up your blocked heads and see all of it, not just what you think Obama likes. That way, for once in your life, you can.....think for yourself?
As usual you have no idea of what you speak of. My son applied several places and decided on his present job because of the pay and benefits. He had a choice to work there or somewhere else or be a democrat.

"It was really good to have that support," said Leisa Peyton, a worker who met Obama before the address and demonstrated how to install a piston on an engine block. "I just can't even imagine working next to someone who isn't paying dues but is benefiting," she said.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121211/P...

Well there L-e-i-s-a how do you feel about standing in a building working on equipment to build a product with no skin in the game? The owner took the risk but should be on an "hourly wage" like his workers? Only the workers should benefit?

Union stooges and libidiots can't make it on their own.

Now back to your clarivoyant BS.
NoHelp Gov

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

"DETROIT — Wanxiang Group, a large Chinese auto parts maker, won a high-stakes auction on Sunday for assets of A123 Systems, the bankrupt American battery maker that was a centerpiece of the Obama administration’s loan program for electric vehicles.

David Vieau of A123 Systems, which was a centerpiece of the Obama administration’s loan program for electric vehicles.

A123, which filed for bankruptcy in October after chronic losses and a damaging battery recall, said Wanxiang agreed to pay $256 million for its automotive and commercial operations, including its three factories in the United States."

Union protected these workers from everything but what they voted for, obammy.

Thank you mr. prezdint.
hehe

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

NoHelp Gov wrote:
blah blah blah whine whine whine
This threads' topic is: "Michigan Right to Work State" and how it's bad for workers
*stay on topic, no-one wants to listen to your constant whining

hehe
Balls

Flat Lick, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Now the UAW will have to give up their joint and a "40" for lunch, damn shame. lmfao
Barry

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

hehe wrote:
<quoted text>
This threads' topic is: "Michigan Right to Work State" and how it's bad for workers
*stay on topic, no-one wants to listen to your constant whining
hehe
Maybe? Just maybe? You have heard "the city that unions built." Last I heard it was in Michigan. If they have moved Detroit please inform us as to where?
hehe

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Obama isn't able to accept the will of the people and their vote for the right to work law so he rushes to michigan to incite the people to protest.

Obama is planning to do away with the Democracy form of government?

Obama will be a good dictator.
hehe
Barry

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

hehe wrote:
Obama isn't able to accept the will of the people and their vote for the right to work law so he rushes to michigan to incite the people to protest.
Obama is planning to do away with the Democracy form of government?
Obama will be a good dictator.
hehe
LOL
Barry

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Balls wrote:
Now the UAW will have to give up their joint and a "40" for lunch, damn shame. lmfao
Strongest union member, the worst possible employee.

The boys in that video of UAW drinking during lunch, smoking their dope is the whole reason for unions. Protect those not worth protecting.
unknown

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

So what does it mean to be a rtw state
Barry

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

unknown wrote:
So what does it mean to be a rtw state
RTW does not affect union members at all. They can remain in the union as alwys. The person working next to you may decide they do not support the communist manifesto.

Union membership is at a historical low. Without the intimidation factor afforded by "Card Check" or public ballot the unions are done. Talk about a party of dinosaus....... dims are the worst.

"The so-called Employee Free Choice Act, aka “Card Check”, would take away numerous rights and protections currently afforded to workers employed at companies where unions are actively seeking to organize. The bill would remove workers’ rights to a federally supervised private ballot election. Instead, workers would be asked to sign cards in front of organizers and colleagues, potentially subjecting them to harassment or intimidation. Once a majority of employees have signed cards, the union is immediately recognized."
SpeakUp Useful Idiots

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Here is what happened in Wisconsin when the State STOPPED taking the Union dues out of the workers pay checks. Do you want a AUTOMATIC payment taken out of your pay check and given to the Union ?? Thats how it works.

" Wisconsin membership in the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees-the state's second-largest public-sector union after the National Education Association, which represents teachers-fell to 28,745 in February from 62,818 in March 2011, according to a person who has viewed Afscme's figures. A spokesman for Afscme declined to comment.

Much of that decline came from Afscme Council 24, which represents Wisconsin state workers, whose membership plunged by two-thirds to 7,100 from 22,300 last year."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the London Forum right now

Search the London Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know a cure for sciatic nerve pain. 4 min Healing arts 5
Walk to Emmaus DECEPTION or NOt? (Nov '12) 10 min Pastor Wilson 335
Illegal immagrants 11 min amazed 8
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min wwwcurious 127,984
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min Jay 144,896
Years To Come: How Will You Remember Obama? 58 min McBubba 33
Cookie Factory Union Interest 1 hr McBubba 32
•••
•••
•••
•••

London Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

London People Search