Laurel county jail
inquiring mind

Manchester, KY

#1 Mar 5, 2010
are the jail cells monitored by a camera? can someone who has actually been in the jail or had someone close to them answer this. I've heard theres not any cameras thats on the people in the cells, just in the halls , etc. Is this true?
just wanna know

London, KY

#2 Mar 6, 2010
Yes, I've heard that is true. Is there a reason you are asking?

“SINE POENA NON EST LEX.”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 Mar 6, 2010
inquiring mind wrote:
are the jail cells monitored by a camera? can someone who has actually been in the jail or had someone close to them answer this. I've heard theres not any cameras thats on the people in the cells, just in the halls , etc. Is this true?
That's the way it is in most jails, I'm not sure about Laurel County. I always assumed that there was some law intended to protect the "privacy" of the inmate.
ky girl

London, KY

#4 Mar 6, 2010
45ACP wrote:
<quoted text>That's the way it is in most jails, I'm not sure about Laurel County. I always assumed that there was some law intended to protect the "privacy" of the inmate.
if its not changed, they have cameras on what was called the cat walk but not in the cells. hope you didnt have a loved one get hurt.
funny

London, KY

#5 Mar 7, 2010
I myself find it funny that they can strip search an individual and check to see if they have drugs inside certain body parts but putting cameras inside their cells is invading their privacy. This is so wrong. I think now-a-days we probably all have someone we love who goes to jail(if you dont, its because they've not been caught). With drug abuse as it is, there is no family thats not affected. Although it is incarceration, that is still no reason to have to worry about your loved one's safety. Theres far too many things going on in jails that are being ignored, or not known. Sexual acts are taking place, fights are taking place,in which immediate medical attention is needed and not obtained. Inmates are afraid to re port these things. It could get them killed. These cells should be monitored!!! If their butts can be checked, dont try to convince me that the cells cant be monitored!!!
ky girl

London, KY

#6 Mar 7, 2010
funny wrote:
I myself find it funny that they can strip search an individual and check to see if they have drugs inside certain body parts but putting cameras inside their cells is invading their privacy. This is so wrong. I think now-a-days we probably all have someone we love who goes to jail(if you dont, its because they've not been caught). With drug abuse as it is, there is no family thats not affected. Although it is incarceration, that is still no reason to have to worry about your loved one's safety. Theres far too many things going on in jails that are being ignored, or not known. Sexual acts are taking place, fights are taking place,in which immediate medical attention is needed and not obtained. Inmates are afraid to re port these things. It could get them killed. These cells should be monitored!!! If their butts can be checked, dont try to convince me that the cells cant be monitored!!!
you are so right.if one is injured it may not be reported, like you said they are scared to say anything. sooner or later most everyone will have someone or know someone that will be there.
just wanna know

Hazard, KY

#7 Mar 11, 2010
ky girl wrote:
<quoted text>if its not changed, they have cameras on what was called the cat walk but not in the cells. hope you didnt have a loved one get hurt.
Let's just say someone did get hurt, what could you do to find out what really happened? If people were afraid. Who are they afraid of? The guards,other inmates???? And what are they so afraid of?
ky girl

London, KY

#8 Mar 11, 2010
just wanna know wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just say someone did get hurt, what could you do to find out what really happened? If people were afraid. Who are they afraid of? The guards,other inmates???? And what are they so afraid of?
mostly afraid of the other inmates.if you have a lawyer ask him to make a visit and see whats up. if that dont work, visit the fbi, talk to jack if you can trust him. call atty. general what ever it takes to protect your loved one. i've been there so i know how flustered you can get.have him moved to a different cell. i went to the sentinel echo and put a lot there. just make sure you have the facts so they know you mean business. good luck and god bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Passing of Sonny Williams (Jun '10) 58 min William Reams 60
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr uMoron 143,061
how is "stealing" baby body parts "woman health... 10 hr iThink 11
What choice do I have besides Hillary if Im a d... 15 hr Red2core 5
get out of my class and leave america 16 hr debbie 4
lets ban the rainbow and black power flag now 16 hr debbie 6
Want to buy land in London Fri Land looker 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages