London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

real wrote:
<quoted text>I like this one better, but you are certainly right about some and I say most, church going Christians don't really know much about what they are going to church for, just what they are told. Anywho, I like this one better. Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Beautifilly said!
Voice

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

How would you apply God's instruction when He tells us, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God" (Rom. 12:1-2). The only sacrifice that was acceptable to God was one without spot or blemish. How can we presently ourselves as a sacrifice that is holy, meaning separated from sin, if we are addicted to tobacco and destroying our health. How can we attempt to be transformed by the renewing of your minds when we have no regard for our testimony, our personal health or the health and spiritual welfare of others? How can we prove what is God's good, acceptable and perfect will of God with pack of cigarettes in our pocket?

Is smoking a sin? You bet it is!
Chi

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

smoke weed to get your mind right.
nooky

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Chi wrote:
weed achieves the same dumbing down effect as all the floride the big gov authorizes to be thrown to us in the toothpaste and water, and some of the food.
it prepares to be a nation of sheeple for the dumacrats.

head bobbing lib nodding to 'life-is-just-a-party' theme.

deceptions like are deadly to the foundations of our country.
noworse

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Voice wrote:
How would you apply God's instruction when He tells us, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God" (Rom. 12:1-2). The only sacrifice that was acceptable to God was one without spot or blemish. How can we presently ourselves as a sacrifice that is holy, meaning separated from sin, if we are addicted to tobacco and destroying our health. How can we attempt to be transformed by the renewing of your minds when we have no regard for our testimony, our personal health or the health and spiritual welfare of others? How can we prove what is God's good, acceptable and perfect will of God with pack of cigarettes in our pocket?
Easy now. Do you EVER overeat?Are you overweight? Do you expose your body to too much sun? Do you eat a lot of sweets, sugar, carbahydrates, drink caffine, or soda pop?Do you overwork your body or ever lose too much sleep?Do you eat a lot of meat,or use a lot of salt? Do you eat greasy fried food such as lots of fried chicken, and ham and eggs? How about do you EVER eat fast food, such as pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs,fries, ice cream and milk shakes? What about using pesticides and spraying hairspray in the house with young children? Well guess what ? I do all of the above. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life, but what I eat abuses my body also. Maybe you will say dont do any of these things, but I don't believe it.No one is that perfect.So be careful judging someone for smoking a cigarette. We will be judged by the way we judge others. Will you measure up to perfection,because it seems that is what you seem to think a Christian has to be. Why did Jesus go to the cross?
The proof

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

noworse wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy now. Do you EVER overeat?Are you overweight? Do you expose your body to too much sun? Do you eat a lot of sweets, sugar, carbahydrates, drink caffine, or soda pop?Do you overwork your body or ever lose too much sleep?Do you eat a lot of meat,or use a lot of salt? Do you eat greasy fried food such as lots of fried chicken, and ham and eggs? How about do you EVER eat fast food, such as pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs,fries, ice cream and milk shakes? What about using pesticides and spraying hairspray in the house with young children? Well guess what ? I do all of the above. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life, but what I eat abuses my body also. Maybe you will say dont do any of these things, but I don't believe it.No one is that perfect.So be careful judging someone for smoking a cigarette. We will be judged by the way we judge others. Will you measure up to perfection,because it seems that is what you seem to think a Christian has to be. Why did Jesus go to the cross?
Very well said!!
really smart

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

noworse wrote:
<quoted text>
The thread was not about judging those who choose to smoke cigarettes. It was about not caring enough about your own children to not smother them in nasty/harmful cigarettes.
Oger

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

The proof wrote:
<quoted text>Really?Thoughtless is when you "Christians "run me off the road going out to eat,or going to Walmart after church,or maybe it's how you slam and judge people on your way to church,or maybe it's how everybody is wrong and "thoughtless"when they don't act or do the things you do.I do agree that smoking is bad,and second hand smoke is also bad,but I can name a whole page of "thoughtless "acts I see every day that will top smoking.
"Thoughtless is when you "Christians "run me off the road going out to eat,or going to Walmart after church"

LOL...That's about like a supposed pastor who holds up giving spiritual truths to his lost congregation so he can buy food at the restaurant...
noworse

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

really smart wrote:
<quoted text>
The thread was not about judging those who choose to smoke cigarettes. It was about not caring enough about your own children to not smother them in nasty/harmful cigarettes.
You are right, and I apoligize.I was referring back to 'VOICE' comments and judgements. I think it is terrible for a child to have to live in a home that is filled with smoke like a bar room. But, I still say it is just as wrong to feed them lots of fast food , grease, loads of sweets and salt. Look at the children today. IT IS JUST AS BAD TO SMOTHER THEM IN FAT AS IT IS TO SMOTHER THEM IN CIGARETTE SMOKE.
who that

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Oger wrote:
<quoted text>
"Thoughtless is when you "Christians "run me off the road going out to eat,or going to Walmart after church"
LOL...That's about like a supposed pastor who holds up giving spiritual truths to his lost congregation so he can buy food at the restaurant...
Have you thought about making your beer runs or whatnot a little earlier or later, cracking your windows a touch so the smoke will escape. Could it be your getting out about the same time?
Oger

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

who that wrote:
<quoted text>Have you thought about making your beer runs or whatnot a little earlier or later, cracking your windows a touch so the smoke will escape. Could it be your getting out about the same time?
Yes, I have thought of many things, but if you cut the beer runs and window rolling down you will still have people behave like yourself!
The proof

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Oger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have thought of many things, but if you cut the beer runs and window rolling down you will still have people behave like yourself!
LOL
Oger

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Chi wrote:
You best use caution with that...

John 13:27

As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him. "What you are about to do, do quickly," Jesus told him,...

In other words, if you aren't careful you will allow the wrong one into your temple and give him full control over it and without warning you won't even know it...
Oger

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

Voice wrote:
Dear Lord, hold my mule...*shakes head*

He or she that smokes their sin is upon YOU!, do you not breath in and out just like they do?! You remind be of the fellow who jumped up and asked "Jesus" where is this kingdom? and he (Jesus) told him it was right in front of him!

It is appointed that every man will die once, that includes ALL if you think you will live in that flesh body for eternity then someone has lied to you! Who was that in the Garden who said you will surely not die?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

London Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••