Comments
1 - 20 of 74 Comments Last updated Aug 19, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Blue Boy

Whitley City, KY

#1 Jun 13, 2013
Do you feel Obama Care will help your family? Why or why not?

Talking points:

• Do you feel the deductible is to high?

• If you can not afford it are you okay with the IRS taking your tax return?

• What do you feel should be done with those individuals who cannot pay?

• The people who refuse coverage should they be allowed medical coverage?

• If you currently have medical coverage are you okay with your premiums going up as much as 160% if it goes to help those who in need?
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#2 Jun 13, 2013
1. For those who currently are uninsured, any deductible is better than the taxpayers paying their full bill;

2. IRS will not take your tax return. A tax return is what you file. A refund is what you receive if you've overpaid, or, have refundable credits. If you can't afford it and meet the low income qualifications, your premium is -0-. If it is affordable and a penalty assessed, it is deducted from your "refund", not your "tax return".

3. Those who cannot pay will receive subsidy. It's called Medicaid. Those who have not had health insurance in the past, all taxpayers have footed that bill. Those who cannot pay due to earning skills, should be treated as human beings as we all are human beings.

4. Those who can afford it yet don't get it, will absorb a penalty (additional tax), which they should;

5. Premiums have been going up for decades which is no shock to anyone's system who has paid it, since they've always absorbed the uninsured. It's a possibility millions or billions may be acquired via penalties from those who procrastinate or simply prefer the penalty which can be used to subsidize lower income. If they don't procrastinate and purchase insurance, they are better off. And just think. They'd have insurance!

You're on my turf, so tread lightly and I won't make a severe case of ass out of you.
Business owner

United States

#3 Jun 13, 2013
The questions you ask are hard to answer without making this long and boring. I'll make this short as possible. I believe everyone has the right to affordable healthcare. However, government regulations have caused tremendous increases in healthcare and pharmaceutical expenses throughout the years. Obamacare will only make things worse. As Ronald Raegan once said, "government is not the solution to the problem.....government is the problem." I think we will experience longer waiting times at hospitals, a shortage of doctors, and other problems associated with obamacare. Our healthcare premiums will more than double. Many people will not be able to afford these premiums, and some will choose to pay the penalty. Those who pay the penalty may pay out of pocket, but should still recieve care if needed as long as they can pay. I do not think I should have to pay the health insurance premiums for a 4th generation welfare individual. This new healthcare law will be the straw that breaks the camels back. All of this is emerging when we are "allegedly" recovering from an economic recession. Don't let the mainstream media pull the wool over your eyes. This country is in financial ruins, and we are not going to recover. There is no possible way to recover from the trillions we owe. It's all about control. The way of life we know and love is about to change forever.
Business owner

United States

#4 Jun 13, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
1. For those who currently are uninsured, any deductible is better than the taxpayers paying their full bill;
2. IRS will not take your tax return. A tax return is what you file. A refund is what you receive if you've overpaid, or, have refundable credits. If you can't afford it and meet the low income qualifications, your premium is -0-. If it is affordable and a penalty assessed, it is deducted from your "refund", not your "tax return".
3. Those who cannot pay will receive subsidy. It's called Medicaid. Those who have not had health insurance in the past, all taxpayers have footed that bill. Those who cannot pay due to earning skills, should be treated as human beings as we all are human beings.
4. Those who can afford it yet don't get it, will absorb a penalty (additional tax), which they should;
5. Premiums have been going up for decades which is no shock to anyone's system who has paid it, since they've always absorbed the uninsured. It's a possibility millions or billions may be acquired via penalties from those who procrastinate or simply prefer the penalty which can be used to subsidize lower income. If they don't procrastinate and purchase insurance, they are better off. And just think. They'd have insurance!
You're on my turf, so tread lightly and I won't make a severe case of ass out of you.
I agree with you to a certain degree, however you make this sound like a good thing. It may be for some, but not for the majority. Taxpayers do not always foot the bill for the uninsured. My brother needed a kidney 2 years ago, and paid cash for the operation. He has no insurance, and has chosen not to buy it. I'm not going to argue with you, but remember this. In 1 year, our healthcare system will be far worse than what we have today.
Blue Boy

Whitley City, KY

#5 Jun 13, 2013
Business owner wrote:
The questions you ask are hard to answer without making this long and boring. I'll make this short as possible. I believe everyone has the right to affordable healthcare. However, government regulations have caused tremendous increases in healthcare and pharmaceutical expenses throughout the years. Obamacare will only make things worse. As Ronald Raegan once said, "government is not the solution to the problem.....government is the problem." I think we will experience longer waiting times at hospitals, a shortage of doctors, and other problems associated with obamacare. Our healthcare premiums will more than double. Many people will not be able to afford these premiums, and some will choose to pay the penalty. Those who pay the penalty may pay out of pocket, but should still recieve care if needed as long as they can pay. I do not think I should have to pay the health insurance premiums for a 4th generation welfare individual. This new healthcare law will be the straw that breaks the camels back. All of this is emerging when we are "allegedly" recovering from an economic recession. Don't let the mainstream media pull the wool over your eyes. This country is in financial ruins, and we are not going to recover. There is no possible way to recover from the trillions we owe. It's all about control. The way of life we know and love is about to change forever.
Very interesting points to ponder. I hope you are not right but it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Blue Boy

Whitley City, KY

#6 Jun 13, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:

Dr. Subsidize,
This is a thread for discussion not argumentation. Since you know so much about taxes let me ask you a question. Many disadvantage minority families get hudge child tax credits considering their socioeconomic status. They use that money to buy items they couldn't otherwise afford. This actually stimulates the economy in several parts of the country. What do you think will be the impact on those communities. I know a local used car dealer stating that it could cut his sales by 1/3. Do you think this will help or hurt the Democratic party? Do you feel Hilary will have to promise to appeal it to win in 2016? If all you can do is somehow blame Bush for Obama Care or reflect to another subject please just keep your thoughts in Chicago to help solve their problems.
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#7 Jun 14, 2013
Business owner wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you to a certain degree, however you make this sound like a good thing. It may be for some, but not for the majority. Taxpayers do not always foot the bill for the uninsured. My brother needed a kidney 2 years ago, and paid cash for the operation. He has no insurance, and has chosen not to buy it. I'm not going to argue with you, but remember this. In 1 year, our healthcare system will be far worse than what we have today.
Thank you for your comments. I certainly do not oppose legitimate opinion and discussion.

Neither you nor I, or, anyone else can predict the outcome of this long term.

Thank goodness for your brother being able to get a kidney. That said, would we be surprised if it was learned the kidney came from an "uninsured" person who was on the donor list...someone who some may have felt didn't desserve insurance if they were on an entitlement program? I would tend to think, in his position, he'd have given everything he owned to just live. Wouldn't we all? It is times like that we learn what's really important in life and it isn't money. It's our life. The fact your brother could pay cash for a kidney transplant is impressive. However, we both know, the nation doesn't revolve around yours or my brother or sister. Taxpayers don't foot the bill 100% of the time. They do 99%.

If your brother wasn't insured and footed the bill, I would tend to say he's run some tall risk in his life going uninsured and had he not beat the risk, he most likely may have run out of money which would have put him in the position to have not been able to pay for a transplant. Do we all have to be a victim before we can see? As far as a transplant, sometimes the best of insurance doesn't pay all of that, to include the copay of the transplant itself and Lord forbid the costs of all the anti-rejection drugs that accompany it.

Doctors are a dime a dozen. The right seems to always make the comment "there's jobs, but people are too lazy to work". They expect a worker to work for whatever the pay rate is if they want to work. IF doctors need to make a living, they have to work. The same as a $15M/yr. pro ball player plays ball for $15M, they'd play for $50,000 if that's all it paid.

Bottom line is, everyone's life is important. Your brothers, yours, others and mine. If one of my children became ill, I'd sell my soul to make them live. As Einstein so gracefully put it "wealth will never contribute to human development". We place too much emphasis on wealth and so little on human development and being human, I believe we all desserve equality being human.

Waiting in line at a doctor's office or hospital is little to give when it means everyone will have a chance.

I think you're jumping the gun and looking at this too short term. There's a couple stories I could tell you that would be so penetrating for you contrary to your argument, but, I can't divulge certain things. I do think this program will work long term, but bear in the mind in the interim. An insurance company needs no real excuse to hike your premiums.

One person I know was just diagnosed, at the age of about 42, with a fatal disease, gone undetected for years. This person had NO insurance (and frankly I'd just talked to them about it last year). Now, she was told to direct herself to Obamacare. She did and she's getting one of the nation's best and well known doctors.
Blue Boy

Whitley City, KY

#8 Jun 14, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your comments. I certainly do not oppose legitimate opinion and discussion.

Neither you nor I, or, anyone else can predict the outcome of this long term.

Thank goodness for your brother being able to get a kidney. That said, would we be surprised if it was learned the kidney came from an "uninsured" person who was on the donor list...someone who some may have felt didn't desserve insurance if they were on an entitlement program? I would tend to think, in his position, he'd have given everything he owned to just live. Wouldn't we all? It is times like that we learn what's really important in life and it isn't money. It's our life. The fact your brother could pay cash for a kidney transplant is impressive. However, we both know, the nation doesn't revolve around yours or my brother or sister. Taxpayers don't foot the bill 100% of the time. They do 99%.

If your brother wasn't insured and footed the bill, I would tend to say he's run some tall risk in his life going uninsured and had he not beat the risk, he most likely may have run out of money which would have put him in the position to have not been able to pay for a transplant. Do we all have to be a victim before we can see? As far as a transplant, sometimes the best of insurance doesn't pay all of that, to include the copay of the transplant itself and Lord forbid the costs of all the anti-rejection drugs that accompany it.

Doctors are a dime a dozen. The right seems to always make the comment "there's jobs, but people are too lazy to work". They expect a worker to work for whatever the pay rate is if they want to work. IF doctors need to make a living, they have to work. The same as a $15M/yr. pro ball player plays ball for $15M, they'd play for $50,000 if that's all it paid.

Bottom line is, everyone's life is important. Your brothers, yours, others and mine. If one of my children became ill, I'd sell my soul to make them live. As Einstein so gracefully put it "wealth will never contribute to human development". We place too much emphasis on wealth and so little on human development and being human, I believe we all desserve equality being human.

Waiting in line at a doctor's office or hospital is little to give when it means everyone will have a chance.

I think you're jumping the gun and looking at this too short term. There's a couple stories I could tell you that would be so penetrating for you contrary to your argument, but, I can't divulge certain things. I do think this program will work long term, but bear in the mind in the interim. An insurance company needs no real excuse to hike your premiums.

One person I know was just diagnosed, at the age of about 42, with a fatal disease, gone undetected for years. This person had NO insurance (and frankly I'd just talked to them about it last year). Now, she was told to direct herself to Obamacare. She did and she's getting one of the nation's best and well known doctors.
Really,
What part of Obama care did she get?
I also know several young people that work here at Kroger that got their hours cut in half because of it.
fact

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#9 Jun 15, 2013
My daughter was diagnosed with skin cancer, has had two surgerys on account of it, Her cancer doc told her to sign up on SSI because she was not insurable due to pre-existing conditions. She had an appt at Markey cancer center at UK. Two days before her appt she got a call telling her the appt had been canceled because medicaire no longer covered her condition.
Thank you obamacare.
Obama should be penalized for taking from working america only to give to nonworking america. In my humble opinion thats what obamacare has done for us other than helping the superrich get richer. Insurance companies and banks run our country. That has became painfully obvious.If obama really wanted to do something to make us proud of him he would have law enforcement throw every single one of the crooks that received bailout money in prison, seize their assets and leave them penniless. Kinda like they done the working men and women of america
What

London, KY

#10 Jun 15, 2013
Blue Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really,
What part of Obama care did she get?
I also know several young people that work here at Kroger that got their hours cut in half because of it.
Why do you like telling a big LIE like this ? My son works at Kroger and his hours was not cut.........PS I think you are FOS.....I know you are FOS.
WTF

London, KY

#11 Jun 15, 2013
fact wrote:
My daughter was diagnosed with skin cancer, has had two surgerys on account of it, Her cancer doc told her to sign up on SSI because she was not insurable due to pre-existing conditions. She had an appt at Markey cancer center at UK. Two days before her appt she got a call telling her the appt had been canceled because medicaire no longer covered her condition.
Thank you obamacare.
BS This is a BIG LIE you know better.

“Gods Curse On Lazy Hillbillies”

Since: Jun 12

Dale City, VA

#12 Jun 15, 2013
Blue Boy wrote:
Do you feel Obama Care will help your family? Why or why not?
Talking points:
• Do you feel the deductible is to high?
• If you can not afford it are you okay with the IRS taking your tax return?
• What do you feel should be done with those individuals who cannot pay?
• The people who refuse coverage should they be allowed medical coverage?
• If you currently have medical coverage are you okay with your premiums going up as much as 160% if it goes to help those who in need?
Do You Have Medical Insurance???...
Blue Boy

Whitley City, KY

#13 Jun 15, 2013
fact wrote:
Thank you obamacare.
Obama should be penalized for taking from working america only to give to nonworking america. In my humble opinion thats what obamacare has done for us other than helping the superrich get richer. Insurance companies and banks run our country. That has became painfully obvious.If obama really wanted to do something to make us proud of him he would have law enforcement throw every single one of the crooks that received bailout money in prison, seize their assets and leave them penniless. Kinda like they done the working men and women of america
I work in the health field so know your struggles. I'm no longer able to accept one of the three types of Medicaid.
Blue Boy

Whitley City, KY

#14 Jun 15, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you like telling a big LIE like this ? My son works at Kroger and his hours was not cut.........PS I think you are FOS.....I know you are FOS.
Maybe you should talk to him more.
facts

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#15 Jun 15, 2013
WTF

London, KY
I know what happened to my daughter. You on the other hand obviously either have your head in the sand or up obamas ass. Either way you are dead wrong. You should be ashamed of yourself for posting things like that when peoples lives are at stake.
What

London, KY

#16 Jun 15, 2013
Blue Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should talk to him more.
Maybe you should stop trying to tell a big LIE.I bet you are a republican...right.
What

London, KY

#17 Jun 15, 2013
facts wrote:
WTF
London, KY
I know what happened to my daughter. You on the other hand obviously either have your head in the sand or up obamas ass. Either way you are dead wrong. You should be ashamed of yourself for posting things like that when peoples lives are at stake.
You will go to hell for lying same as stealing.
Blue Boy

Whitley City, KY

#18 Jun 15, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should stop trying to tell a big LIE.I bet you are a republican...right.
What are you making reference of?
facts

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#19 Jun 15, 2013
What
London, KY
You will go to hell for lying same as stealing.

If you truly believe that what are you doing? Making sure your spot is reserved?

I hope they find you a nice comfy spot in the middle of hell if your a thief and a liar. My post up there is 100% true.
Anything coming from you concerning my post is pure speculation yet you want us to believe every word.
mark twain

United States

#20 Jun 15, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>You will go to hell for lying same as stealing.
I sure obama and his thugs will be in that long line waiting to get into hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 9 min Vince 1,262
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 32 min Limbertwig 151,110
Ferguson riots in Missouri ? 38 min Obama 65
sports 39 min hammertime 1
Did Jesus Reveal The Name Of The Anti Christ 43 min Big Truth 3
Cheddars 7 hr Sure 6
Cornerstone Christian Daycare 7 hr hurt concerned pa... 1
dont eat at burger king anyone- 19 hr ___Jenny___ 42
•••
•••
London Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••