Second Chance Suboxen Clinic

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
checkingoutoptio ns

Winchester, KY

#1 Sep 17, 2012
I have an appointment with them this week. I am an opiate addict and I'm ready to get help. I've heard all the (it's trading one addiction for another stuff) And for some it may be true but I've found it to really save my life. I am just wanting to know if anyone else has attended this clinic and what all they can tell me about it and what the first visit will be like. Thanks Everyone!
Nurse

Vilonia, AR

#2 Sep 18, 2012
Dear Sir or Madam,
Praises to you on your life changing decision. The medicine you are talking about will do great for you. But you have to want to change. And except the good with the bad. What I mean by that is you will have good days and bad days. You will need to find a hobby to get your mind off things. Stay away from any triggers that made you want to use in the past. Even if that means friends. If you are intent in changing your life this will be the best decision you can make. Not only for you but your love ones. You are not trading one medication for another . You are trading a life style of being in a fog to being clear headed. You can expect to be drug tested every visit. Someone goes into the restroom with you every time. You have to met with a counselor every visit along with the doctor. Your first visit you normally have to be in early withdrawal. Because if you are not and they try to give you the med's they will make you very sick. Normally you are giving half a strip to put under your tongue and watched in the office to see how you do. If you do good than you are given the other half. You are giving the film instead of the pill. It makes it harder to abuse. Good luck to you and God bless. I don't know your religion but God can help a lot. Lean on him to get you thru your toughest days! A whole new world awaits you! I am so happy for you.
Yankee Doodle

London, KY

#3 Sep 18, 2012
Me too,but i know a girl who sells hers and buys drugs with what she gets from that sale,how is she getting away with that?Do they quit testing after awhile.
Nurse

Vilonia, AR

#4 Sep 18, 2012
Keep in mind your surroundings. Watch what goes on. Sometimes the patient is not at the right clinic. And what I mean is the clinic there for the right reasons? Are they there for you and the other patients like you? Do they want to help you or are they more concerned with the money? You will need a caring doctor who listens and is there to help you. A counselor for you to talk to. Who is on call 24 hours 7 days a week if you need help. And what I mean by help is that you are close to relapsing and need to talk to someone now! You are tested every appointment. You are giving a chance. If you miss up they will work with you and see what went wrong. And go from there. But if you test positive again than you are really not there for the right reasons. And clearly she is not. Let someone come in who really wants help and wants to change their life. With most clinics you will start off going once a week until your drug test come back clean. And what you were previously using is out of your system. If it's a state run clinic they are only allowed so many patients per doctor. Believe or not Clay County has one of the good one's. Their doctor there is great, caring, and a Christian woman. She is wonderful. When do you go for your first appointment?
Connie

United States

#5 Sep 20, 2012
How much does this cost per visit.
Information

Vilonia, AR

#6 Sep 20, 2012
It depends on were you go. If you have insurance or not. Some places 250.00 per month not including your medicine. But if you ask me it's so much worth it.
hello

London, KY

#7 Sep 20, 2012
Just be careful because that will be on your "record" forever. i wish i would have just taken a couple of weeks to get off the pain pills and been done. It is really just replacing one for the other. i know, you hate hearing that, sorry;(
I WISH

Ripley, TN

#8 Sep 20, 2012
Hello I AGREE I WISH THAT I HAD DONE THE SAME THING.
truth

Chesterfield, MO

#9 Sep 21, 2012
If it is on your record it would only be from a kasper sheet. The actual records could not be shared because of HIPPA laws. Which if you ask me, HIPPA is a joke and a waste because anyone can run a kasper and see what you are or have been prescribed. You should be able to get medical help, without it being public. Try the methadone clinic. It is kept secret because medical records cannot be shared without your consent and you dont actually get a presciption, so nobody will know you are getting help.
Its ME

London, KY

#10 Dec 6, 2012
Thank you all for you help and tips! Especially you, Nurse. I have to disagree with the ones saying it's trading one for the other. I'd taken suboxen before ever getting into a clinic to try to quit myself but couldn't afford it or do it right. Being at the clinic and choosing to let them monitor me and help me professionally is the best decision i've ever made. But, I've had to be extremely careful to do exactly what they'vetold me that way i don't trade one for the other. I"m prescribed two a day. i take no more than that and sometimes less unless i have a bad day. It has literally saved my life and my family's life as awell. I Have a clear head and feel normal again which is what i want. I"M not out searchingfor my fix everyday and I can think of other things besides a pill. I'm back to my better self and still working on things and it's very hard but i can tell a huge difference. THAnks for all the help! And like Nurse mentioned, GOD Has been my biggest support system and the most help in my life overall!
applesauce

Hazard, KY

#11 Dec 6, 2012
can pot still be used?
mojo

Hazard, KY

#12 Dec 6, 2012
yea?
Nurse

Manchester, KY

#13 Dec 6, 2012
truth wrote:
If it is on your record it would only be from a kasper sheet. The actual records could not be shared because of HIPPA laws. Which if you ask me, HIPPA is a joke and a waste because anyone can run a kasper and see what you are or have been prescribed. You should be able to get medical help, without it being public. Try the methadone clinic. It is kept secret because medical records cannot be shared without your consent and you dont actually get a presciption, so nobody will know you are getting help.
With the new "Narcotic Laws" and "Doctor Disclosures" any type of narcotic has to be reported. If not, the clinic, office or octor involved could face losing their licenses.
Nurse

Manchester, KY

#14 Dec 6, 2012
Its ME wrote:
Thank you all for you help and tips! Especially you, Nurse. I have to disagree with the ones saying it's trading one for the other. I'd taken suboxen before ever getting into a clinic to try to quit myself but couldn't afford it or do it right. Being at the clinic and choosing to let them monitor me and help me professionally is the best decision i've ever made. But, I've had to be extremely careful to do exactly what they'vetold me that way i don't trade one for the other. I"m prescribed two a day. i take no more than that and sometimes less unless i have a bad day. It has literally saved my life and my family's life as awell. I Have a clear head and feel normal again which is what i want. I"M not out searchingfor my fix everyday and I can think of other things besides a pill. I'm back to my better self and still working on things and it's very hard but i can tell a huge difference. THAnks for all the help! And like Nurse mentioned, GOD Has been my biggest support system and the most help in my life overall!
Good for you! It's a whole new world! One without fog and numbness. Suboxone is designed the way that it is so one can come off the medication at the appropriate time for that individual. My friend, you are almost at the end of your journey with the medication! Stay strong in yourself and God. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
SLR

AOL

#16 Feb 25, 2013
Chronic Pain Patient wrote:
Is this medication ever prescribed for people who really do have a disease or condition that causes chronic pain?
The reason I ask is because since my mother retired from Ohio to KY she's been unable to find a doctor to treat her with the same medications she has been prescribed for years by her old pain management doctor.
I've never needed pain management, but apparently its near impossible to find a doctor willing to prescribe medication here. She's in her 60's with multiple problems and has been here for nearly 2 months and still cant find a doctor.
Unfortunatly she probably won't find a new doctor in Kentucky that will give her the same pain meds she was on, and the reason for that is the new laws that have taken effect prevent doctors from writing a lot of narcotics. Kentucky is at the top of the list for prescribed medication abuse, and they are doing their best to keep people from getting narcotics and abusing and selling them. I know there are a lot of people suffering from chronic pain, but they are really cracking down on prescribing anything for pain. Especially being a new patient, she has a slim to none chance of getting the meds she was on in a different state.
try

Melvin, KY

#17 Feb 25, 2013
Is this medication ever prescribed for people who really do have a disease or condition that causes chronic pain?
The reason I ask is because since my mother retired from Ohio to KY she's been unable to find a doctor to treat her with the same medications she has been prescribed for years by her old pain management doctor.
I've never needed pain management, but apparently its near impossible to find a doctor willing to prescribe medication here. She's in her 60's with multiple problems and has been here for nearly 2 months and still cant find a doctor.
As long as she has her records, she will eventually be able to find a good doctor to help. Ky is the dumbest state in all of the US for medication. They have no trouble over-prescribing dangerous anti-depressants, since they feel they have no value, but don't want anyone to get help for pain. There are still doctors who are willing to help, as long as she has her records. Best to go to Lexington or even Louisville, also, western Ky. is good. You will have to get out of Eastern Ky., but there is help in KY. If you don't end up finding any, try a methadone clinic. Methadone is a good pain medication if you cant get normal treatment. There is one in Corbin. Its sad that if you have a Ky ID, you are automatically discriminated for pain management needs. Don't give up!
customer

Tucker, GA

#18 Feb 25, 2013
try wrote:
<quoted text>As long as she has her records, she will eventually be able to find a good doctor to help. Ky is the dumbest state in all of the US for medication. They have no trouble over-prescribing dangerous anti-depressants, since they feel they have no value, but don't want anyone to get help for pain. There are still doctors who are willing to help, as long as she has her records. Best to go to Lexington or even Louisville, also, western Ky. is good. You will have to get out of Eastern Ky., but there is help in KY. If you don't end up finding any, try a methadone clinic. Methadone is a good pain medication if you cant get normal treatment. There is one in Corbin. Its sad that if you have a Ky ID, you are automatically discriminated for pain management needs. Don't give up!
well said!!
nope

London, KY

#20 Feb 26, 2013
well i don't think that insurence should be paying for this kind of stuff!!!
try

Melvin, KY

#21 Feb 26, 2013
nope wrote:
well i don't think that insurence should be paying for this kind of stuff!!!
Well, nobody ask you permission! When you open up an insurance company, you can feel free to not include pain treatment. Let me know how good your company does though.
try

Melvin, KY

#22 Feb 26, 2013
Thanks for the advice. I've lived here myself for a while now and thought the doctors here were already very strict about prescribing pain medications as it was.....thus, all the stuff in the newspapers about people having to go to Florida for pain meds. I can't imagine why they would need to make tougher laws against pain management.
You'd think that as long as a doctor made sure their patients were not doctor shopping and required them to have urine screens and other preventative measures, that they would be free to prescribe as they saw fit.
I know the pain management doctor my mom saw in Ohio ran a strict practice, but by doing this he was pretty much able to weed out the people who didnt need to be there, so he could prescribe whatever the real patients needed.
She went there for almost 15 years though. In the beginning I know she started out taking a relatively mild pain reliever, but over the years as her conditions worsened, her medications grew stronger and increased in dosages. For the last few years she was prescribed a patch for pain, along with a pill she'd take a few times for breakthrough pain.
She did tell me that some of the patients there received methadone as a pain medication though. Thats why I asked about the medication listed in this thread. I didnt know if it was used to treat pain or not?
She does have a large stack of records and I'm sure can get a pharmacy report from Rite Aid if needed. I guess we'll just have to look through the phone book and start calling around to different places.....I'm just afraid that will make her look like a drug seeker though whenever she starts asking questions. Good Grief....Where to begin?????
Even if a doctor don't start out giving as much as she was on, don't give up. They will increase her more quickly since she was on a stronger dosage. They probably will start her back out on less, but as long as she is patient and continues with the Dr., they will get her to where she needs to be soon. Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Georgia Fugitive Found In Ky. Waives Extradition 5 min Johnny Reb 1
Laurel River Road 25 min someone who knows 66
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 48 min cell phone internets 9,238
Democrats .... Ha! 56 min Trump supporter 6
Do not buy Ammo from the Flea Market (Jun '13) 1 hr S Wendell 29
Flowers Bakery information. (Mar '14) 1 hr Polly 6
Melody Vess Put's Live's In Danger In Several C... (Apr '09) 1 hr Karma 53

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages