Does anyone know a building contractor who is reliable and trustworthy?

Posted in the London Forum

help

Cynthiana, KY

#1 Mar 26, 2009
Does anyone know a building contractor who is reliable and trustworthy? Who should I watch out for?
Neighbor of construction

United States

#2 Mar 26, 2009
My neighbor is a honest man. He and his son-in-law are in together and I would use the them if I did something done. My neighbor is johnny Harris and is partners last name is pennington. Pennington Harris construction. Hope this helps you.
help

Cynthiana, KY

#3 Mar 27, 2009
who should i look out for?
hwy 490 resident

London, KY

#4 Mar 27, 2009
Don't use Larry Mounce he hardly ever finishes anything he starts. I am still waiting on him to finish my porch.
built my house

Somerset, KY

#5 Mar 27, 2009
Don Woods built my house and has done many other jobs for me. Including my driveway work
iseeit

Cynthiana, KY

#6 Mar 27, 2009
help wrote:
Does anyone know a building contractor who is reliable and trustworthy? Who should I watch out for?
john reynolds is the best all around.did a great job on friend of mine and is always there when you need him. that is very good!!
iseeit

Cynthiana, KY

#7 Mar 27, 2009
help wrote:
p.s he's from corbin and a kentucky state trooper.
robinson

London, KY

#8 Mar 27, 2009
Cliff Hayes from Williamsburg and he is the most reasonable around. you can call His and hers hair salon for reference she always uses him he built her house and her sons and other family members.

Since: May 07

London, Ky

#9 Mar 27, 2009
KEB Construction. Kevin and Kyle Brown.
Just Me

Manchester, KY

#10 Mar 27, 2009
Ron Baker out on Keavy Rd off of 363..number is in the phone book.
info

Cynthiana, KY

#11 Mar 27, 2009
Anyone know anything about Lonnie Osborne?
bigboy

Cynthiana, KY

#12 Mar 28, 2009
i found this post from back in Feb. 09'. All of the people who have been crooked, stolen from, and lied to from Lonnie Wayne Osborne need to all pool together, hire a lawyer, and file a class action civil law suite agains him. This will stop him from hurting anyone else.

Be careful about hiring Lonnie Wayne Osborne. He is notorious for beginning a project and then stopping your project and putting you on the back burner. When you first meet him, he will tell you how he is such a church going individual and has a way of making you believe everything that he tells you. Once you sign the contract with him, the lies will start. Also, i would never recommend paying any money up front. You have to keep contractors hungry and if you let them get ahead of you (receiving money before the work is completed), you will be in trouble and always at their mercy. Also, be sure to get specific on the terms of the contract, materials to be used, etc. Don't ever think you are being to specific. The project i did was worth doing, but getting from the starting point to the finish was a miserable process because i couldn't keep Lonnie on the job. Ask around London about Lonnie and you will be surprised how many people know about Lonnie W. Osborne and have experienced the same types of problems. Good Luck!
nabor

Winchester, KY

#13 Mar 28, 2009
bigboy wrote:
i found this post from back in Feb. 09'. All of the people who have been crooked, stolen from, and lied to from Lonnie Wayne Osborne need to all pool together, hire a lawyer, and file a class action civil law suite agains him. This will stop him from hurting anyone else.
Be careful about hiring Lonnie Wayne Osborne. He is notorious for beginning a project and then stopping your project and putting you on the back burner. When you first meet him, he will tell you how he is such a church going individual and has a way of making you believe everything that he tells you. Once you sign the contract with him, the lies will start. Also, i would never recommend paying any money up front. You have to keep contractors hungry and if you let them get ahead of you (receiving money before the work is completed), you will be in trouble and always at their mercy. Also, be sure to get specific on the terms of the contract, materials to be used, etc. Don't ever think you are being to specific. The project i did was worth doing, but getting from the starting point to the finish was a miserable process because i couldn't keep Lonnie on the job. Ask around London about Lonnie and you will be surprised how many people know about Lonnie W. Osborne and have experienced the same types of problems. Good Luck!
hell thats the ones that you have too watch out for any one thats brings churches on to a job site
I am a builder

AOL

#14 Mar 28, 2009
Just so you all know. We contractors are working for you all. We build whatever it is that you all are wanting. If you think we are going to take our money and build your houses your going to be waiting a very long time to get your house built.
We work on the draw system. or at least most of us do. You give us a percentage up front. usually around a third of the total. We work till that money is exhausted. At that point we should be about fifty percent finished and we are ready for another draw which should finish the project at which time the balance of the money is due if everything is satisfactory. If you are shopping for a contractor the best advice I can give you is check with the bbb first about them, get all the local references you can get from them. Go to every supply house in town and ask their opinion. Go talk to some of their former customers. Ask them what they think now that their job is finished. Dont just talk to a couple former customers talk to several. That way you are going to get a mix of opinions and should be able to make an informed decision about who you want to hire.
stolen from

Cynthiana, KY

#15 Apr 6, 2009
Hey, I was taken for about 3,000 from a contractor and I have not seen him since. He will answer the phone and tell me he is coming but never shows up, this has been going on for atleast 4 months. Does anyone know what I can do to either get the job done by him or should I try to sue or what....Any suggestions would be appreciated...
neighbor

Somerset, KY

#16 Apr 7, 2009
CT Stavely is a quality contractor. He has done several projects for me and people I know. Check his references.
pleaz

London, KY

#17 Apr 7, 2009
the gilpins
Sister

London, KY

#18 Apr 8, 2009
Danny Croucher is one of the best...hes been doing construction for 35 yrs or better. Anyone that has used him will tell you that he is very good at what he does...and is one of the most honest people you will ever meet. If you want more info on him...let me know and I will get it for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Marie 136,236
Crooked Creek Golf Course (Oct '12) 4 hr Values 64
***** How Good Is Time Warner Internet???? 4 hr my goodness 4
Is the city of London a raciest town? 6 hr Farmer Peko 48
Walk to Emmaus DECEPTION or NOt? (Nov '12) 7 hr cult watch 418
more hillary lies 9 hr put them in jail 14
How come GOD hates Texas ? 10 hr Fox News 6
More from around the web

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE