South Laurel Football SUCKS
Donna

Cynthiana, KY

#41 Sep 16, 2010
MoronAlert wrote:
<quoted text>
South Laurel football sucks bigtime, their coaches are a bunch of retreads that are unfit for coaching youth league. Welch, a defensive coach...hmm, yeah, whomever said that on here is a real genius.
On to bigger things. Clay County takes the word suck to a new level. Nobody will ever confuse London with Lexington or Louisville, but Jesus Christ, Clay county is a rural cesspool compared to London. Seriously man, how you can even compare Clay to laurel, what's the unemployment rate over there, like 20%? I hear that Clay county is a bad place to sell work boots, by the way. So go on back to your drug infested, sh*thole county and get on the draw-maybe get hooked up with some pain pills.
I said that and I am his sister-in-law, do you want to tell me who you are big guy and maybe we could meet and discuss this issue in person, if you have the balls for it!
hahaha

United States

#42 Sep 16, 2010
Donna wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that and I am his sister-in-law, do you want to tell me who you are big guy and maybe we could meet and discuss this issue in person, if you have the balls for it!
No one cares who you are and you need to realize this is a public forum for you and any others to speak their mind! Quit tryna bring drama
Donna

Cynthiana, KY

#43 Sep 16, 2010
I'm not trying to bring any drama, I just simply do not like people bad mouthing my family members. I don't believe I was addressing you, "hahaha".
SLHSGRAD10

Cynthiana, KY

#44 Sep 16, 2010
Larry Welch has been coaching for as long as I can remember. And so far he's done a fantastic job at south with what he's been givien. He's good with the kids and does an excellent job of dealing with the parents of those kids. As a matter of fact his own son plays football for him and is an excellent student and all around good kid. I know the Welch family personally, and know that they are all good people. Larry knows football inside and out, and could coach any team he wanted to. Football and family are his life. To MoronaAlert: Larry Welch is the head coach as well as the defensive coordinator. Coach Matt Powenski is the Offensive coordinator. I assume you know the difference between the two positions and there seperate specialties, no? By your words on this forum you seem to think that you know a lot about football, but I suggest getting my facts straight. I did attend the Clay vs. South Laurel game on friday night and I am also very well versed when it comes to football and there were some bad calls against south. However, there were somethings that South could have done better and I'm sure that they will perform better in the future. Contrary to popular belief, The South Laurel Football Team Led by Head Coach Larry Welch will win a game this season. I wouldnt be suprised if they won many games this season.
r u 4 real

London, KY

#45 Sep 16, 2010
SLHSGRAD10 wrote:
Larry Welch has been coaching for as long as I can remember. And so far he's done a fantastic job at south with what he's been givien. He's good with the kids and does an excellent job of dealing with the parents of those kids. As a matter of fact his own son plays football for him and is an excellent student and all around good kid. I know the Welch family personally, and know that they are all good people. Larry knows football inside and out, and could coach any team he wanted to. Football and family are his life. To MoronaAlert: Larry Welch is the head coach as well as the defensive coordinator. Coach Matt Powenski is the Offensive coordinator. I assume you know the difference between the two positions and there seperate specialties, no? By your words on this forum you seem to think winnthat you know a lot about football, but I suggest getting my facts straight. I did attend the Clay vs. South Laurel game on friday night and I am also very well versed when it comes to football and there were some bad calls against south. However, there were somethings that South could have done better and I'm sure that they will perform better in the future. Contrary to popular belief, The South Laurel Football Team Led by Head Coach Larry Welch will win a game this season. I wouldnt be suprised if they won many games this season.
winning a game is not going to cut it, dumbass
red fan

Georgetown, KY

#46 Sep 16, 2010
corbin will beat south 38-13; south fans will say sat morning that the refs beat them.
south fan too

Warwick, RI

#47 Sep 16, 2010
red fan wrote:
corbin will beat south 38-13; south fans will say sat morning that the refs beat them.
. Don't count your chickens before they hatch!
Meh

Manchester, KY

#48 Sep 16, 2010
SLHSGRAD10 wrote:
Larry Welch has been coaching for as long as I can remember. And so far he's done a fantastic job at south with what he's been givien. He's good with the kids and does an excellent job of dealing with the parents of those kids. As a matter of fact his own son plays football for him and is an excellent student and all around good kid. I know the Welch family personally, and know that they are all good people. Larry knows football inside and out, and could coach any team he wanted to. Football and family are his life. To MoronaAlert: Larry Welch is the head coach as well as the defensive coordinator. Coach Matt Powenski is the Offensive coordinator. I assume you know the difference between the two positions and there seperate specialties, no? By your words on this forum you seem to think that you know a lot about football, but I suggest getting my facts straight. I did attend the Clay vs. South Laurel game on friday night and I am also very well versed when it comes to football and there were some bad calls against south. However, there were somethings that South could have done better and I'm sure that they will perform better in the future. Contrary to popular belief, The South Laurel Football Team Led by Head Coach Larry Welch will win a game this season. I wouldnt be suprised if they won many games this season.
And that was the same excuess people made for him while at North. "He doesn't have the players", well I disagree. A good Coach will find away to win with the players he's got and Welch doesn't do that. Larry would make a good strength & conditioning coach or maybe a DL or LB Coach, but that's about it. Sorry the truth hurts some on here but just look at his winning %. You can't hide behind the old "he doesn't have the players" all the time.
Meh

Manchester, KY

#49 Sep 16, 2010
Oh, one last thing. South will be lucky to win 2 games this season and that's shameful.
SouthStillSucks

Manchester, KY

#50 Sep 16, 2010
south fan too wrote:
<quoted text>. South has plenty of talented we scored 42 points on ya. Clay Co. Coaches must give really good bjs to the refs at half time cause the game was not called fair afterward.
If the refs had called a fair game, Clay would have scored over SEVENTY points. You do realize the game was played at SOUTH??? I'm sure EVERYONE who has EVER played a game at SOUTH will remember that the VISITING team NEVER gets ANY calls...Don't take my word, ask individuals from the surrounding counties...You can ask anyone you want from NORTH and they will tell you the same thing...doesn't matter if it is baseball, basketball, or football.....if you play at South, you can expect to come out on the short end of the stick in terms of calls. Oh yeah, I almsot forgot...SOUTH STILL SUCKS....and always will...
mr haha

Montezuma, GA

#51 Sep 16, 2010
Corbin would crush both and Corbin is a little down this year! South will find out tomorrow night!
south fan too

Warwick, RI

#52 Sep 16, 2010
mr haha wrote:
Corbin would crush both and Corbin is a little down this year! South will find out tomorrow night!
. If Corbin wins and I say if..... It will not be a easy win.
SL FAN

Richmond, KY

#53 Sep 17, 2010
Meh wrote:
<quoted text>
And that was the same excuess people made for him while at North. "He doesn't have the players", well I disagree. A good Coach will find away to win with the players he's got and Welch doesn't do that. Larry would make a good strength & conditioning coach or maybe a DL or LB Coach, but that's about it. Sorry the truth hurts some on here but just look at his winning %. You can't hide behind the old "he doesn't have the players" all the time.
I do not care how good of a coach you are, if the other team has a lot of better players then it is hard to win. Other teams have good coaches too, just sometimes they have better players too. So if what you say is true SL should beat Trinity. Yes SL does have a lot of athletes and fast guys but do not say we should win just because.
Moronalert

Louisville, KY

#54 Sep 17, 2010
Nobody said anything about beating trinity. However getting your butt kicked by every local team is shameful. When was the last time we beat Corbin? And I disagree, this team will be very lucky to win one game. Of course to some on here, one win is a good year lol. To SL10, I've been following football since I was a kid (1970s). If you want a pissing match go right ahead, but I know enough to say that south is too talented to go winless or win only one game.
talent

United States

#55 Sep 17, 2010
Checking out max preps would show we have very talanted children on that football team, however it seems to me the coaching staff can't even keep up with their stats! When asking how many sacks or tackles certain players had he replied he had not watched the game film yet. As a coach I would be watching the game film from all the previous games to see what was going wrong and come up with a game plan to stop it. Some of the SL players should be up to around 35 or 40 tackles however they are in the mid twenties. I did not say the coaches were to completely blame but would anyone agree that considering he isn't watching previous game film that mabey that's the reason things weren't changing? Granted yes some things have changed but I'm very intrested in watching the game tonight and see if any adjustments have been made since last friday. I am going to say we have made no changes because the coach will look at it as we scored against clay county so something was working. Well considering we were playing their second string for later part of the game which is when we scored I would suggest change.
I appologize ahead of time for any graphical errors, or misspelled words.
kids

Corbin, KY

#56 Sep 17, 2010
these are highschool and middle school kids we talk about on here they play hard and we should appreciate that every team has room for improvement
sl fan

London, KY

#57 Sep 17, 2010
just got off work i know south got beat who threw the 3 interceptions, and why is the sanders kid not playing, his dad goes around telling everbody how good he is
tatersalad

Vilonia, AR

#58 Sep 17, 2010
i was told tonight by a parent that they wouldnt let sanders play so he quit, they said that one coach told him one thing and another coach told him another and that they wasnt going to play him any. its an ugly situation for sl football right now, this same parent started pointing out kids that was there watching and walking around tonight that gave up football because of this coaching hire. just hope the kids keep playing hard and the parents and fans that come keep supporting them even if the administration could care less.
SL fan

Richmond, KY

#59 Sep 17, 2010
I am sending my kid to North
south fan too

Waterloo, Canada

#60 Sep 17, 2010
if you watched the game tonight you cannot say it isn't the coaching. You would be completely out of your mind. South's coaching staff is pathetic! Coach Welch needs to grow a pair and do something about that offensive coordinator. Seriously!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min North Mountain 163,792
levi jackson state park 4 hr Get your facts st... 28
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 5 hr Princess Hey 1,449
Last Post Wins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Dec '10) 5 hr Princess Hey 4,544
The problem around this place 5 hr thomas j 23
Grand jury targeting hillary 6 hr pissed 4
Joseph nestor 7 hr Sharie Asaro 5

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages