I know

London, KY

#2 Aug 1, 2008
Injectible B12 must be obtained via a prescription. You would need to visit a doctor, explain you are feeling tired and think you need B12. However, being a prudent professional, he probably won't give you a prescription until he has evidence you are B12 deficient. This would mean having a blood test to determine this. Some people have an easier time getting injectible B12 (elderly folks, someone who has no appetite, those who have had gastric bypass surgery, etc). Some doctors are more "open" to trying B12 for tiredness, but most want to see the blood tests first.

Once you get a B12 prescription, you take the medicine home with you and you can give yourself shots, have a friend do it, or go back to the Doctor periodically to get the injections.

Personally, I think B12 shots work wonders. When my dad was in his mid eighties, he lost his appetite and began to lose weight. His doctor put him on weekly B12 shots and they really helped him.

Good luck....
Laurel resident

Manchester, KY

#3 Aug 1, 2008
Do the shots give you energy? Do the vitamins work the same way? Thanks
I know

London, KY

#4 Aug 1, 2008
B12 shots do appear to "give you energy". The sublingual tablets (those that "melt" under your tongue) seem give the closest effect to the actual injectible B12. These are available as vitamin supplements at a lot of drug stores, health stores, etc. They do not require a prescription.
Bee12

Madisonville, KY

#5 Aug 1, 2008
I was anemic for a while and had to get them. They sting like heck going in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min Pikeville Parent 161,115
Woman found dead in laurel county. 1 hr Concerned 1
the real snitches of london (May '09) 1 hr Abbbb 33
looking for good time 2 hr parkmeeting 1
Clover Salyer arrested 6 hr The news 1
Walk to Emmaus DECEPTION or NOt? (Nov '12) 6 hr Johnruffino 694
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 7 hr lmao 9,434

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages